Goodbye Jesus

Re: "dear Christian, I Am An Atheist..."

J-Sea

http://new.exchristian.net/2010/06/dear-christian-i-am-atheist.html

Why not, What do I have to lose? I can have fun stirring a pot of God haters… All you atheist are doing nothing, but proving Biblical prophecy. You know that right? 3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers (That’s you, you all are scoffers), walking after their own lusts, 2 Peter 3:3.

Allow me to ask. Have any of you ever actually read a Bible for yourselves to know what it says? I doubt it, because if you did, you’d know that there are more Scientific facts in it than any Science book. So, what grounds have you to stand on to make these claims if you’ve never read it for yourselves. The Bible has never been disproven. Not even the smallest part of it has. Not one sentence has ever been disproven, so why do you call it mythical? If you’ve read a Bible, you’d know of prophecy made long ago that have come true today. Like how the Bible declares that the Earth is round and that it hangs on nothing. At the time of which this part was written, common belief was that the Earth was flat and that it rested on the back of a turtle. Furthermore, the Bible tells us to was our hands through moving water before eating long before anyone had any idea of sanitation. Also, while I’m at it, there are many many prophecies that have come true and are coming true from the Bible. The last one for now is that God would spit Israel up and that He’d bring them back together again. Well, in 1948 Israel became a nation again. And not only that, but did you know that the only country that’s not represented in the UN is Israel? Interesting…

So, where did we come from according to you all? O that’s right, you all believe in Evolution. Lol, there’s no evidence for evolution you fools. If there is, I’d like to see some (Unless that is if you are talking about Micro Evolution). Why would you believe that something can come from nothing if it can’t be done today? Likewise, how can you belief further and say that life came from non-life?

But you guys like Science, so that must be mean that you’re intelligent, and intelligent people believe in such theories as Pangea. (Raises hand) What would you find if you removed the Oceans from the Earth? Wouldn’t you find land? So wouldn’t that mean that all the Continents are currently connected? Also, in the artistic drawing of Pangea, where’s Mexico and Central America? Doesn’t Africa seem a little smaller than usual to you? Or do you believe that Mexico and Central America and Africa just evolved while the continents were shifting? Right, and you say I believe in the power of my imagination…

“Look, man, some people say that God ain’t real ’cause they don’t see how a good God can exsist with all this evil in the world. If God is real then He should stop all this evil, ’cause He’s all-powerful right? What is evil though man? It’s anything that’s against God. It’s anything morally bad or wrong. It’s murder, rape, stealing, lying, cheating. But if we want God to stop evil, do we want Him to stop it all or just a little bit of it? If He stops us from doing evil things, what about lying, or what about our evil thoughts? I mean, where do you stop, the murder level, the lying level, or the thinking level? If we want Him to stop evil, we gotta be consistent, we can’t just pick and choose. That means you and I would be eliminated right? Because we think evil stuff. If that’s true, we should be eliminated! But thanks be to God that Jesus stepped in to save us from our sin! Christ died for all evilness! Repent, turn to Jesus man!”

I find it fascinating and amazingly astounding that atheist claim that if God is real, there wouldn’t be evil in the world, but in the same breathe, eliminate the very one who can bring justice to the world. So atheist, is there no justice? Do you cause evil in the world?

Here’s another question, what is “real” anyways? If to you real is only what your five senses can observe, than isn’t your definition of real nothing more than electronic impulses going off in your brain. So how do you know what’s truly there or not?

You all are laughable, you claim that Christians don’t know how to think for themselves, that they just go off of what they’ve been told. But I ask, how many of you have ever came up with your theories on your own, or do you just know what you were taught in school? Do you just blindly trust Darwin’s book, “The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favored Races In the Struggle for Life” And if you believe that book, then you believe that Humans and Bananas are related.

“It’s a truly wonderful fact… that all animals and all plants throughout all time and space should be related to each other.” page 170

So I just wanna be clear real quick, I’m the one who believes in a silly story? Ok, gotchya, just making sure.

As for this letter. Geez, someone must have really been disgruntled to write such a literary piece. First correct me if I’m wrong, but I sensed a bit of animosity when the author of this said, “that any non-believer who doesn’t repent will suffer eternal torture at the hands of a loving Father;” This author has obviously never read a Bible, or else they would know that while being loving, my God is just. And the Bible says that the wages of sin is death. Which is why He died so that he could pay your fine as a perfect sacrifice. For instance, say you go to court for throwing a rock through a window. Well, it would be unjust to the owners of that window if you were let off scotch free. A righteous judge would at very least give you a fine. Well, if you were the judges kid, he might be willing to take off his robe and pay the fine for you. Which is exactly what Jesus did according to the Bible. Thus proving His “love.”

So, you say that religion has a monopoly on morality. Question, where does morality come from then, what standard can you base morality on? If it sounds good than it’s good? That doesn’t sound logical. If you treat others the way that you would like to be treated? Didn’t Jesus say that? I forget… You see, whatever you define as good, I can show you someone who disagrees. So, what standard does humanity have to go on on good and evil? And God doesn’t hat gays, he hates homosexuality. You see, if God loves, then he must hate. For instance, I love my house, therefore I hate Hurricanes that do damage to my house.

Define unequal rights? Isn’t that a matter of opinion? Men don’t have better roles than women, they have different roles than women. Case and point, women have kids, men help make them. That doesn’t mean one’s role is more important than the other, they work together. Well, God knew that certain responsibilities had to be completed in a society, and he told which gender to do what. He made man to be in charge, because Adam came first and Eve came from Adam and sinned first. For Adam was created in God’s image and women were created in man’s image. But don’t let that make you think that that’s not fair. For men are charged with greater responsibility than women, it’s our job to keep women safe and to make sure they have food. Besides, aren’t you the one demeaning women by saying that men have better roles according to the Bible?

BTW, you can choose who you fall in love with. For instance, when you were going through a time in your life known as the teen years. You searched for and picked out an identity for yourself. Rock fans became rockers, sports players became jocks, etc. Now, were any of these people born a rocker or a jock. No, they gradually became one based on the influences that they had in their life. So, if you have an influence in your life that tells you it’s ok to be gay, you will most likely accept it and make that your identity, and from your identity, you’ll choose who you love. For instance, most intelligent people have criteria that their significant other must check off before they are attracted to them.

I conclude that you all reject Christianity simply, because you don’t like it. You have no rhyme or reason to reject except that you don’t like what it teaches. So you tell yourselves lies, like, it’s a myth, so that you can go on living in your apostasy. The only argument that I’ve ever really heard against Christianity is that, I’m smart, and you all are idiots. Or, I don’t like your religion, cuz I disagree with it’s definitions of right and wrong.” Well, I come to tell you that my Jesus is offensive, and if you be wise and you disagree with something the Bible says, I tell you, change your opinion. For it is the Bible that brings life. But you have no idea how to begin to understand that. I can go on and on, but I’m going to bring this to a close.

One last argument. If I hear one more ignorant person say that Christianity is a crutch, I’m going to ignore it. You see, you all say that Christianity is a crutch for those who can’t face reality by themselves. I say atheism is a crutch for those who don’t like God and can’t face the realities of Hell by themselves. How does that sit in your pipe?

I respect you all as much as I respect someone who believes that the Moon is made of cheese. I hope that you’ve had as much fun reading this as I have writing it. O, and btw, lest you repent and believe, you will find yourself in a hot place called Hell. So when you get there, don’t say that I didn’t tell you. Thanks for reading and have a God blessed day! :)

O what the hey, one more. You all claim that we’re being controlled and brainwashed by Christianity. That it’s controlling us and telling us what to think. That’s funny, cuz then you’d think that a government would try to use it. Isn’t it funny though that our government labels people that believe in the Constitution and are Christians as potential terrorist? Look that one up for yourselves…

Btw, if I were you, being as though you all don’t believe in an afterlife. I’d be more concerned with Muslims than I would Christians, because their Quran says that anyone who doesn’t believe in it is an infidel and they should die. Well friends, that would be you an me then. So why I just merely plead you to believe based on truth, these people threaten to take the only life you have. And you see, if you put the two of us together, they’ll take your life, and my belief will send you to Hell. Well, my belief has a way out of Hell, but you’re to good for that…

Guest Valk0010

Ever heard of plate tectonics for a start.

Prophecy, heh, and people don't read into things what they want to read, look at the constitution or the fact that there is thousands of xtian denominations.

And hey, if god were to kill us for being wrong, then how could we stop a tyrant. Yes, take care of suffering, and be consistent.

A morality question, why does morality differ amongst different groups? Here is why, the one thing we base our moral ethics on, can be subjectively used, its called not causing harm and especially harm that hurts survival or what works against what makes a good society which leads to better chances at survival and thriving.

Responsibility smotability, just because a guy happens to be born the way he is, doesn't mean anything about him being better then a women or should get more responsibility. Responsibility is earned not mandated. Your normally proven reliable before your given more to handle. At least it is in every other aspect of our lives. Making someone in charge, just because they are men is wrong. Screams book written by sheepherders.

So did evil always exist, did hate always exist, because for your reasoning to work, something else had to create evil and hate, and didn't genesis say god created evil. God must be able to operate without hate or evil, otherwise it had to have always existed. And didn't god create everything. And if I misunderstood you, either way, there is problems, either god is not "all powerful" and can't stop the creation of evil, or he doesn't care if evil is created, or he is a tyrant and created evil.

Oh, OP, you're an idiot and offer no revelations. You post the same ignorant things as almost every other christian that has come around here or we exies have dealth with IRL. Everything you have stated has been, debunked, refuted, flogged like a dead horse.

Yet here you are? Why? You are not special.

Have any of you ever actually read a Bible for yourselves to know what it says?

Yep. Read it cover to cover many times. Read it in greek. Read it in hebrew (old testament of course). Parsed it, exegeted it, pondered, memorized, comtemplated, prayed over it. For YEARS. I know what it says.

One misconception obliterated.

You demonstrate zero understanding of science, especially the area of biological evolution. The book Why Evolution is Trueby Jerry Coyne is inexpensive and very educational. If you're not a cowardly Christian, I suggest you actually read it. If reading is a challenge for you, you can download it from audible.com.

So I just wanna be clear real quick, I’m the one who believes in a silly story?

You believe in story that is not substantiated by historical evidence. What scientists base their theories on is evidence. What historians believe in is adequate documentation and archeological confirmation. What you believe in is tradition, dogma and church authority. That's no way to form ideas about reality.

That means you and I would be eliminated right? Because we think evil stuff. If that’s true, we should be eliminated!

No. That doesn't follow at all. If god is all-knowing and all-powerful he could change people's desires so they don't want to do "evil." He doesn't need to eliminate, kill or banish anyone to outer darkness. In fact, he intends to change people - that is what will happen in heaven. The same people who once were gossips, liars, thieves and what not will have their essential nature changed so that in heaven they won't want to "sin" or commit "evil." Since you believe he already will do this, then what's the problem with god doing this now rather in the sky in the sweet by and by? If he existed and were benevolent, all powerful and all knowing, he would do this. That's not an unreasonable expectation and no christian, especially you, have provided any information as to why this god wouldn't eliminate evil.

Oh crap. Your post is just a slobber fest of mindless evangelical bilge water.

Grow up.

Slow down there J-Semen, try not to blow your load all in one post.

The usual Fundie literalist saying Da Bawble is all true!!!

Bats aren't birds. Lev 11:13-19. Luke 23:44-45 A three hour solar eclipse isn't recorded by anyone anywhere in the world?? There is no firmament. According to your Genesis myth, the Earth was created and had plant growth before the sun. Leviticus 11:20 Insects don't have four legs. In fact here are 439 contradictions in the Bible. http://www.fastcodes...bible-got-wrong

So, where did we come from according to you all? O that’s right, you all believe in Evolution. Lol, there’s no evidence for evolution you fools. If there is, I’d like to see some (Unless that is if you are talking about Micro Evolution). Why would you believe that something can come from nothing if it can’t be done today? Likewise, how can you belief further and say that life came from non-life?

You are arguing against what you believe evolution to be. You are obviously not well read on this subject. You are misunderstanding evolution completely. Good job. Damn you science! What have you ever done for me!

“Look, man, some people say that God ain’t real ’cause they don’t see how a good God can exsist with all this evil in the world. If God is real then He should stop all this evil, ’cause He’s all-powerful right? What is evil though man? It’s anything that’s against God. It’s anything morally bad or wrong. It’s murder, rape, stealing, lying, cheating. But if we want God to stop evil, do we want Him to stop it all or just a little bit of it? If He stops us from doing evil things, what about lying, or what about our evil thoughts? I mean, where do you stop, the murder level, the lying level, or the thinking level? If we want Him to stop evil, we gotta be consistent, we can’t just pick and choose. That means you and I would be eliminated right? Because we think evil stuff. If that’s true, we should be eliminated! But thanks be to God that Jesus stepped in to save us from our sin! Christ died for all evilness! Repent, turn to Jesus man!”

Read David Hume.

I find it fascinating and amazingly astounding that atheist claim that if God is real, there wouldn’t be evil in the world, but in the same breathe, eliminate the very one who can bring justice to the world. So atheist, is there no justice? Do you cause evil in the world?

This isn't an atheist site, this is an Ex-Christian site, learn about whom you are speaking to. Many people here represent a myriad of different beliefs. You saw there was an Ex-Christian site, got your panties in a twist and decided to post your angry misinformed and ignorant post.

Ignorant post about Evolution, demonstrating a distinct lack of knowledge on the subject.

And you obviously haven't read anything about evolution based on actual peer reviewed science.

Saying we OBVIOUSLY haven't read Da Bawble.

Haha, right...Here's a list of God's love.Gen.6-8 Gen.19:4-5 Gen.19:26 Gen.38:7 Gen.38:10 Exodus12:29 Exodus14:28 Lev.10:1-3 Num.11:1-3 Num.11:31-35 Num.16:27-32 Num.16:35 Num.16:49 Num.21:4-9 Num.25:9 1Sam.6:19 1Sam.25:38 2Sam.6:6-7 2Sam.12:14-18 2Sam.24:13 1Kg.14:10-18 1Kg.14:10-18 1Kg.20:35-36 2Kg.1:9-1 2Kg.2:23-24 2Kg.19:35

sexist rant

Cue Christian talking points...

The usual Fundie sentiment that we were never Christians...

Read the testimonies, articles and posts on this site. Read the books that hundreds of people have published. I went to a Christian school my entire life. My education is based off Christianity. I went to Church and held Jesus to be my personal savior for years. You are stereotyping and frothing at the mouth at this point. Were you frantically typing at your keyboard, indignant that someone doesn't agree with you and your interpretation of Christianity that disagrees with thousands of other denominations let alone thousands of other religions? Don't you have a Catholic forum to go witness to?

One last argument.

You have presented no arguments, other than stupid vitriolic writing. Your ignorance and frothing blind rage is actually kind of funny. Oh man, I think I may just go use some pages of the New Testament to roll a joint. And yes I will smoke it.

I respect you all as much as I respect someone who believes that the Moon is made of cheese. I hope that you’ve had as much fun reading this as I have writing it. O, and btw, lest you repent and believe, you will find yourself in a hot place called Hell. So when you get there, don’t say that I didn’t tell you. Thanks for reading and have a God blessed day! :)

Meh, I'd rather burn in hell than see any more poorly presented "arguments" from you. I would be sincere here, but you are just one more fundie to roll across this site with "Da Truth". Get an education and rise above your childish, immature, stunted, ignorant, arrogant, ill-informed, mis-informed, virulent, poorly worded opinions.

@Mods - obviously a troll. I believe he rose from the swamps of YouTube comments land to visit us.

One more thing that I just had to share. You say that you don’t see anything wrong with homosexuality. Well, let’s take God out of this for a second. You claim atheism, which probably means you believe in Evolution. You claim their to be nothing wrong with homosexuality. What if everyone was a homo. Wouldn’t that be a “sin” against Evolution and humanity? We’d never have kids, and our race would die off of the face of the Earth. I’m sorry, but if it’s not ok for everyone to do, it’s not ok…

Guest Valk0010

One more thing that I just had to share. You say that you don’t see anything wrong with homosexuality. Well, let’s take God out of this for a second. You claim atheism, which probably means you believe in Evolution. You claim their to be nothing wrong with homosexuality. What if everyone was a homo. Wouldn’t that be a “sin” against Evolution and humanity? We’d never have kids, and our race would die off of the face of the Earth. I’m sorry, but if it’s not ok for everyone to do, it’s not ok…

Not everybody is a homo, simply because we would die off, its a matter of natural selection, to have a way to breed a following generation and a generation after that.

What if everyone was a homo is not much of a question because its a biological impossibility. If somehow, though damn near impossible if its not impossible, that were to happen so be it, its not a sin against anything, its the laws of the universe playing a cruel hand so to speak.

And who says homosexuality is a chose, by your reasoning heterosexual behavior isn't okay either.

Furthermore, the Bible tells us to was our hands through moving water before eating long before anyone had any idea of sanitation.

Of course, Jesus and his disciples practiced the opposite (Mark 7), so I am assuming you are defending the Jewish tradition and are claiming that Jesus was an unclean country bumpkin?

Respectfully,

Franciscan Monkey

Guest Valk0010

Furthermore, the Bible tells us to was our hands through moving water before eating long before anyone had any idea of sanitation.

And the ancient greeks first played around with the idea of the atom big woof.

And Israel is in the UN. Taiwan, Kosovo, and Vatican City are not. Check your facts before spouting off.

Respectfully,

Franciscan Monkey

Topic moved to Lion's Den for mass consumption. Happy feasting everyone.

Oh look a angry xtian waltzed in to proclaim all his beliefs and rage about how we're wrong and hes right. So, tell me JSEA, what did that accomplish?

Guest Spinoza

Dear Atheist: I am a Christian. Or at least a student of the great Hindu Non-dualist teacher Yeshua ha-notsir.

Who teaches "The Kingfom of God is Within You (Luke 17:21) --> It actually says that ... in the BIBLE !!!

and I found this in a small Hindu Upanishad called "Isha" that would concur. Isha or Jesus must have been Hindu.

So now I am a Hindu too.

When a man sees God in all beings and all beings in God, and also God dwelling in his own Soul, how can he hate any living thing? - Isha Upanishad

He who perceives the Self everywhere never shrinks from anything, because through his higher consciousness he feels united with all life.

He who perceives all beings as the Self for him how can there be delusion or grief, when he sees this oneness (everywhere) ? Isha Upanishad

He who sees all beings in the Self and the Self in all beings, he never turns away from It - Isha Upanishad

It is the innermost Soul of all creatures & It is without as the essence of the whole external universe... Isha Upanishad

It is near to those who have the power to understand It, for It dwells in the heart of every one - Isha Upanishad

Ameyn an OM.

So now I am a Hindu too.

No one gives a fuck.

• Like 1

Guest Spinoza

So now I am a Hindu too.

No one gives a fuck.

When a man sees God in all beings and all beings in God, and also God dwelling in his own Soul, how can he hate any living thing? - Isha Upanishad

Jsea - I first thought I'd respond to your points but I am sure it would be a huge waste of time. But thanks for spewing your bile as a token of "Christian love" at this time of year when you celebrate a bastardized pagan holiday. I'd rather burn in hell with the 'sinners' than go to heaven with people like you. Have a happy winter solstice.

Your statements (or rantings rather) are like watching a party vs. party argument on Fox News. If you feel the way you do and find atheists so erred why did you spend the time to "educate" us? Where does your anger come from? Usually people attack things that they don't understand, fear, or feel threatened by. If you believe in Christianity that much why attack others of a different belief unless some of the things we believe ring true to or challenge you. I am not on your James Dobson or Benny Hinn website ranting about what you believe. Your religion professes so much "LOVE" and yet you post this??! Do you truly think you are being an effective "witness?" To my understanding this website is a sort of support group for people who have come out of the lie of Christianity. Why are you on here then?? Leave us alone...esp. if you have so much hate for us!

Jsea - I first thought I'd respond to your points but I am sure it would be a huge waste of time. But thanks for spewing your bile as a token of "Christian love" at this time of year when you celebrate a bastardized pagan holiday. I'd rather burn in hell with the 'sinners' than go to heaven with people like you. Have a happy winter solstice.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOVE IT!

handsy baby made me double post :HaHa:

why ?

Why? Cause she's standing near me banging on my laptop so the post button got hit twice.

You're not sorry - you ARE an asshole. Fuck off.

Well, you got pwned

Logical fallacy: Straw man. A relatively small percentage of the population is homosexual. While you're busy boinking someone of the opposite gender and burping out more hungry little mouths for this planet to feed, the homosexual members of the community are working productively in their respective careers. Many of the people you are demonizing directly contribute to your quality of life.

Secondly, "homosexual" is not synonymous with "sterile." I am in a same-sex partnership and have an adult daughter from a previous heterosexual relationship.

What do I have to lose? I can have fun stirring a pot of God haters…

Well, there goes your moral high ground.

Allow me to ask. Have any of you ever actually read a Bible for yourselves to know what it says?

Yup. Read it back in 1963-64 or so and realized instantly that it was rubbish.

And not only that, but did you know that the only country that’s not represented in the UN is Israel? Interesting...

Very interesting indeed. You obviously have a high gullibility threshold, because you're wrong about that.

Lol, there’s no evidence for evolution you fools. If there is, I’d like to see some...

Then look for it in proper scientific literature. instead of pretending it doesn't exist. My own brother is a microbiologist who does work in cancer research and human immunology. I've seen his work, including divergent cell populations that he has manipulated by making slight alterations to the chemical environment. I have seen evolution with My own eyes.

Why would you believe that something can come from nothing if it can’t be done today?

I presume that you don't have a similar problem with your god coming from nothing. Don't be such a fucking hypocrite.

Christ died for all evilness! Repent, turn to Jesus man!

(pulls out Her Clue-By-Four™)

batter_up_400x400.jpg

*BONK* Shaddup, kid. Here at Ex-C we don't do human sacrifice. Are you actually admitting that yes, you would let an innocent man die in your place? Sucks to be you.

A righteous judge would at very least give you a fine.

A righteous judge would not torture sentient beings for eternity for finite crimes committed in an all-too-short lifetime. A righteous judge would not torture sentient beings for eternity for the thought crime of disbelief. You worship a mythical unrighteous judge.

It’s our job to keep women safe and to make sure they have food.

Stuff it up your sigmoid colon, you misogynistic little bastard. I have always been the primary breadwinner for My family. Even in the course of My previous 17-year marriage to a male, *I* was the one paying the utilities, buying the food and paying the mortgage because Whatsisname was a deadbeat. I can keep Myself safe and do My own grocery shopping, thankyouverymuch.

I conclude that you all reject Christianity simply, because you don’t like it. You have no rhyme or reason to reject except that you don’t like what it teaches.

This is correct. I consider Christianity to be a disease that is killing humanity, one person at a time. It teaches that humans were born evil and cannot redeem themselves through their own honest efforts, but must agree to accept the sacrifice of another individual in order to save themselves from eternal torment. It teaches a horrible end-time myth that involves the deaths of billions of people. It teaches people to look forward to a mythical future life rather than teaching them to value the life they do have. It terrorizes children and adults alike with threats of a mythical hell. It is immoral to believe and even more immoral to teach to others.

Damn right I don't like it. If I could snap My fingers and totally destroy your faith in this very instant, J-Sea, I would do it *snap* without the slightest hesitation.

• Like 2