Goodbye Jesus

What Does It Mean To Be Carnally Minded?

Antlerman

and the words are wasted and veiled... learn to type English...

you lead people with that level of illiteracy?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Antlerman

• Deva

• Kratos

So I must turn left but I get to choose when I do it? The skies really the limit in your world isn't it? Basically what you're telling me is "YOU, MWC WILL SUBMIT! WE CAN DO THIS THE EASY WAY OR THE HARD WAY. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME. NO ONE WILL RESIST." (All caps for effect...choose your own cheesy evil accent to use when reading it.) If you don't think that's what you just told me go ahead and re-read your statement.

That is how I read it too. God is the Borg commander. We are the Borg, resistence is futile! He must have meant it that way, because he came back and didn't address it. So glad I don't live in his authoritarian god world.

It's Calvinism without the fire and brimstone, although they would argue with his partial "free" will, I suspect.

A fie on thee woman, speaking so boldly in the presence of men! :fdevil:

It's Calvinism without the fire and brimstone, although they would argue with his partial "free" will, I suspect.

Yeah. We're all "free" to delay the inevitable. But make no mistake we will eventually think as he does...

Kratos you're just repeating the wet dream of every orthodox xian sect I can think of. You just locking me up in a metaphorical instead of a literal hell. It's all the same threat though. I will suffer. I guess it's "Turn or Yearn" with you.

mwc

A fie on thee woman, speaking so boldly in the presence of men! :fdevil:

Yes, he's going to ignore the uppity woman. After all, in God's order women are second class and not allowed to speak. You know, we aren't "son's of God."

This really seems more and more like a waiste of my time.

Just a little pointer. I'm no English grammar professor or such, but ... "waiste"? Do you mean waste (Disposable) or waist (like in Triangle Shirtwaist)?

Okay, even though I'm not native to the amazingly complex and confusing language, I do think the phrase is as follows: ""it's a waste of time". But of course if someone consider that they're in time pressure and have to squeeze every minute of it, then maybe Father Time needs to shred a few pounds and get a slimmer waist? :shrug:

and the words are wasted and veiled... learn to type English...

you lead people with that level of illiteracy?

Oh, yeah, the "vailed" look kind of odd too. Maybe he meant to say he's taking off his hat for you?

Perhaps you might look up what an ad hominem debating style consists of. The best you can come up with is that what I say should be ignored because I used "vailed" instead of "veiled" and because I committed a grievous typo and put an "i" in waste. But, I suppose it is just easier to dismiss the messenger with attacks of their English skills than to actually address the subject of the carnal mind. But for the record:

I already said repeatedly that every knee will bow voluntarily to Christ when He reveals Himself as He is. There will be no need to assimilate anyone involuntarily and this is not His nature to do so.

I, also, already addressed I Tim. 2 describes how God orders His Kingdom. It has nothing to do with better than or less than. Remember the military analogy.

I do not think that anyone here would want me to attack you based on what some other atheist said or believed. What other Christians believe about God forcing some to submit or what they think about women has nothing to do with me. Please direct your attacks toward those who actually said such things and address me about the identity of the carnal mind as this is the subjct.

On the other hand, if personal attacks of the messenger is all you have, then I guess we are done here.

Kratos

On the other hand, if personal attacks of the messenger is all you have, then I guess we are done here.

And if a handful of sentences from 2,000 year old letters is all you have, you're probably correct.

I, also, already addressed I Tim. 2 describes how God orders His Kingdom. It has nothing to do with better than or less than. Remember the military analogy.

I do not think that anyone here would want me to attack you based on what some other atheist said or believed. What other Christians believe about God forcing some to submit or what they think about women has nothing to do with me. Please direct your attacks toward those who actually said such things and address me about the identity of the carnal mind as this is the subjct.

Kratos

We are directly addressing comments directed at us. It has everything to do with you, since you think women are properly subordinate, as lower ranks are to upper ranks in the military, that is, they must follow orders from their superiors.

You are ignorant and backward. The "personal attacks" are merited when you are insulting.

I already said repeatedly that every knee will bow voluntarily to Christ when He reveals Himself as He is. There will be no need to assimilate anyone involuntarily and this is not His nature to do so.

Hey! We'll make great pets!

I think Kratos is just a little confused. He's used to the debate of universal salvation vs. eternal damnation. And, knowing the fundy mind and rationale, that's an argument he doesn't win either.

But, here the bible holds ZERO authority. For we recognize it for what it is. So all of the quoting of scripture is like water off a duck's back to us.

So, he'd be best off finding his universalism choir once again and preaching to them. That's the only crowd he's likely to make any headway with.

Perhaps you might look up what an ad hominem debating style consists of. The best you can come up with is that what I say should be ignored because I used "vailed" instead of "veiled" and because I committed a grievous typo and put an "i" in waste.

Oh, aren't we the cry-baby today. I didn't say anything about ignoring you, or banning you, or even serving you cold ravioli for breakfast. It was just an observation, and I wanted to point it out, because I've seen you use the same spelling before. But it has nothing to do with your point of view or arguments.

Since I didn't say it to dismiss your arguments, then it doesn't constitute as an ad hominem attack. If I'd say, "look he's stupid because he can't spell, so his arguments are stupid too", then yeah, I'd agree it's an ad hom.

And another side to it is... it's still a misspelled word, regardless of your character. When you went to school and your teacher corrected your spelling, did you shout to him/her: "That's a frigging ad hominem attack and I refuse to accept the B-!" Or did you take it as "Aha, it's not spelled that way, so from now on I will pay attention to my spelling."

Do you know how many times I've been corrected here? Or how many times I've been wrong about facts and opinion? I talk, discuss, learn, listen and change, because I know that I don't know everything. Learn to listen a bit more, and you might have an easier time with us.

But, I suppose it is just easier to dismiss the messenger with attacks of their English skills than to actually address the subject of the carnal mind.

We are all carnally minded, and so are you. You're a human of flesh and blood. Carnal is a word derived from "carne", meat, flesh. You are a being made of flesh and bones, so yes, you are just as carnal as anyone.

But for the record:

I already said repeatedly that every knee will bow voluntarily to Christ when He reveals Himself as He is.

I already have, so why don't you bow to me? ;)

There will be no need to assimilate anyone involuntarily and this is not His nature to do so.

It looks like your arguments are going against several people at once. I'm not sure if you're addressing me or someone else.

I think, Cap'n Solo, that he referring to me... and I've made no secret of despising his message, and since the 'messenger' is sent by his message rather than anything we would recognise as a sender, then I'd say my opprobrium of him personally is not Ad Hominem in the strictest sense...

His pansying 'we have nothing further to discuss' is self evident. If he'd signed up, and PMed me with 'I'm here to discuss this... ' and given a bald outline, I would have suggest he maybe had the wrong audience and should go elsewhere, since really, there was nothing to discuss...

His continued peddling of his brand of crazy is more or less spamming now, and I don't see the need to be more polite to spammers than I am people peddling loud crazy in the street.

I think his 'military' analogy which implies that women are a 'lower rank' to men shows what mindset we are dealing with... by their fruits we shall know them...

I know a Pentecostal preacher (as a friend, no less, since I love him dearly) who thinks that the blood spilt on the marriage bed (with the splitting of the hymen) is the way God sanctifies the 'covenant of marriage'...

I spend too much time forgiving people I like for their beliefs to forgive some mad stranger who can't spell, holds dumb ideas, comes to a site called EX-Christians to tell us that Jesus loves us like it's fucking news, and is surprised when he's not respected for his Jewish Zombie myths... I think, for me, he burned his bridge trying to tell me I didn't see what I say with long, lingering and terrible deaths of my Paternal Grandmother, My Aunt and finally my Father, wherein they all became living corpses, without enough motor control to swallow as a reflex. To tell me that there was some form of identity where there manifestly wasn't was the last straw... I an no longer constrained to be 'civilised' since he abrogated his right to any vestigial respect with that monstrous assertion...

And for the record, I'm only foul mouthed since the English language cannot properly express the level of contempt for people who evangelise and the level of loathing I hold for their message. There are probably some things in Gaelic, or one of the Cymric tongues, but really, English doesn't cut it...

I notice he remained silent on the fact I don't pass my own standards to breed, due to genetics... he's free to comment on that.

The best you can come up with is that what I say should be ignored because I used "vailed" instead of "veiled" and because I committed a grievous typo and put an "i" in waste.

If you really thing that's the best argument that's been leveled against you, I suggest you re-read this entire thread. That statement is a strawman.

I am not sure specifically what part of I Tim. 2 you are refering to, but the whole chapter speaks about how God has ordered His Kingdom. In order for any group of individuals to function there must be order. Take the military for an example. If every individual soldier does whatever they think is right, the army would easily be defeated to the destruction of all. This does not mean that the seargent is a better person than the private. It does not mean that the captain is always right and the seargent always wrong. It just means that one is over the other for the sake of order.

Kratos

"One is over the other for the sake of order." Kratos, please (if possible) pretend for a moment you are female. Unless you are stone brainwashed idiot, your statement above is condescending at best and obviously offensive. Yet you come on here pleading innocence. You even have the nerve to say "What other Christians believe about God forcing some to submit or what they think about women has nothing to do with me." You are either confused or an outright liar because it is right here from your own writing.

Yes, please leave and take your woman hating, Borg god with you.

And a thank you to Gramps for pointing this out.

Deva, don't you see - if you start a priori assuming that god exists and ordered the world in that way, then your morals don't have to have any objective, rational basis. The bible is morally upright by definition! So quit whining about your rightful place, woman, and know that it is morally right for god has said so.

God said it,

Christians believe it,

Women are fucked.

Deva, don't you see - if you start a priori assuming that god exists and ordered the world in that way, then your morals don't have to have any objective, rational basis. The bible is morally upright by definition! So quit whining about your rightful place, woman, and know that it is morally right for god has said so.

God said it,

Christians believe it,

Women are fucked.

Oh, how silly of me, :Doh: of course he must be right, the BIBLE SAYS IT. I better quit my job, get back in the kitchen and take my shoes off (too old for the other part).

I think, Cap'n Solo, that he referring to me... and I've made no secret of despising his message, and since the 'messenger' is sent by his message rather than anything we would recognise as a sender, then I'd say my opprobrium of him personally is not Ad Hominem in the strictest sense...

Ah. I got confused because his post was just below mine. I commented too on his spelling. I'm terrible in English grammar and spelling and if I can pick it up, then it's really, really bad. I failed in Enlgrish class, and my grmarr waz schtinking.

So, after 7 freakin pages - I guess I could actually post something on-topic.

Carnal - a. relating to or given to bodily pleasures and appetites

b. marked by sexuality

Okay - so you sit down and really enjoy a fine meal. Carnal.

You have a nice roll in the hay which you thoroughly relish. :wicked: Carnal.

Soak in a hot tub? Carnal.

Couple of cold beers after being out in the hot sun? Carnal.

Being around friends and sharing some good laughs? Carnal.

So, what exactly is wrong with carnality again?

I've tried to be "spiritual". It was an ill fit that ended up thoroughly fucking with my head.

Carnality works just fine for me.

Call me shallow. I don't care.

I'm happy.

I'd not say you were shallow, just a man of simple tastes and pleasures...

My definition of "spiritual":

An imaginary state of being wherein one can feel that they have acquired special knowledge or insight and by extension, superiority over others.

Hey, what's happened to this thread? I've been buzy and not looking at it much. Need to catch up, but am wondering if it's devolving into a Lion's Den sort of thread? I'll check it out later as time permits, but I hope it's staying true to the spirit of the Colosseum forum.

Hey, what's happened to this thread? I've been buzy and not looking at it much. Need to catch up, but am wondering if it's devolving into a Lion's Den sort of thread? I'll check it out later as time permits, but I hope it's staying true to the spirit of the Colosseum forum.

Uh oh.

Blame it on Kratos. He provoked us.

Uh oh.

Blame it on Kratos. He provoked us.

:lmao:

I'll try to play catch up later. :grin: