Goodbye Jesus

Little Debbies

Internet Jesus

So the Little Debbie® snack food is actually owned by THESE PEOPLE

I don't know if I can ever eat one of those delicious peanut butter bars ever again in good conscience.

And it's no wonder everything they make is so damn good.

It's all made from the processed daydreams and free thoughts of little children.

Can't get your link to work. Next, you'll be telling me there is no Little Debbie. Heresy!!

• Super Moderator

The company that makes/distributes Little Debbies is owned by Seventh Day Adventists.

In other news, Chick-Fil-A is owned by Christians (I don't know which denomination); every convenience store in America is owned by Muslims; the gays own Disney, and I don't own shit.

Guest Net Eng
Can't get your link to work. Next, you'll be telling me there is no Little Debbie. Heresy!!

Wonder geek powers activated!!!

Ok, I think I decoded this correctly (lemme know Internet Jesus).

Seventh Day Adventists is the link in question from Wikipedia.

Here's an article discussing the connection of Little Debbie and the cult known as Seventh Day Adventist.

Little Debbie is distributed by a company that is owned by a Seventh Day Adventist family.

fix'd

I don't think the average adventist is anything more cult than the average born again fundie.

I had never run across Little Debbie until I moved from California to New Hampshire in 2001. I don’t think they have Little Debbie on the West Coast. Having always been a big fan of all things “Hostess” I decided to give Little Debbie a try. I can say without reservation that every Little Debbie snack I tried tasted like a pile of shit and there will never be a chance that I try another one again. :ugh:

Ah yes, the McKee Baking company! I lived right next to the Little Debbie plant in Collegedale,Tn. awhile back. The present owners/operators of both plants were my students when I was teaching. They are filthy rich from the manufacturing/sales of those sinful cakes. So much for their "health message".

I still recall the sickeningly sweet aroma I woke up to every morning! By the way, little Debbie herself is a lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Too bad the sda church doesn't approve.

Ah yes, the McKee Baking company! I lived right next to the Little Debbie plant in Collegedale,Tn. awhile back. The present owners/operators of both plants were my students when I was teaching. They are filthy rich from the manufacturing/sales of those sinful cakes. So much for their "health message".

I still recall the sickeningly sweet aroma I woke up to every morning! By the way, little Debbie herself is a lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Too bad the sda church doesn't approve.

You serious about her being lesbian? If so that makes this so savory. Pun intended. LOL

BTW, Internet Jesus... freakin' sweet avatar!

This saddens me. Every time I eat a yummy Little Debbie treat, I'm contributing to a bunch of Seventh Day Adventists.....*sigh*

• Super Moderator
This saddens me. Every time I eat a yummy Little Debbie treat, I'm contributing to a bunch of Seventh Day Adventists.....*sigh*

They're not really that yummy. Try some devil's food cake. It's hellacious.

Did you teach at southern?

I wonder if they use animal products in those? All the Seventh Day Adventists I know are vegetarians.

If they don't, it explains why most of that stuff tastes like crap. :D

I wonder if they use animal products in those? All the Seventh Day Adventists I know are vegetarians.

[sarcasm] What? A religious outfit that doesn't follow it's own insane rules? Impossible. [/sarcasm]

They're not really that yummy. Try some devil's food cake. It's hellacious.

Mmmmmm. Even better!

I only know one Seventh Day Adventists, but he's not a vegetarian, even though he's pretty serious about the whole thing. Not that it's really that important, I just thought I would share.

Also, sorry about the double post...I don't know how to quote two things in one post.

Did you teach at southern?

I taught at the sda academy and elementary school in collegedale. I don't miss either place!

I rarely eat them as it is. Guess cutting them off completely from my diet wont be that hard. I've only been to Chick-fil-a once, many years ago, so deciding not to eat there was easy.

• Super Moderator

I'm not one to boycott something I enjoy simply because it is made/distributed by someone I don't agree with. It makes no financial impact on the company and it's a tactic used by the "other side" that makes me respect them even less.

Otherwise, atheists would have to boycott movies employing religious actors, directors and producers. We'd have to do our homework and avoid the "wrong" television shows. We could only buy books published by atheist publishing houses.

It gets a little silly after a short while.

I have a cousin who is 7th Day Adventist. She is actually fairly liberal.

I personally boycott Little Debbie's because they make me gain weight. :)

I had never run across Little Debbie until I moved from California to New Hampshire in 2001. I don’t think they have Little Debbie on the West Coast. Having always been a big fan of all things “Hostess” I decided to give Little Debbie a try. I can say without reservation that every Little Debbie snack I tried tasted like a pile of shit and there will never be a chance that I try another one again. :ugh:

I 2nd that. The Little Debbie snack is a lot like their religion; it seems sweet and harmless at first, but it does harm to you once you swallow it, and if you know better, they're pretty darned hard to swallow without something to wash them down. In the end, you realize it didn't taste that good and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Guest Net Eng
I'm not one to boycott something I enjoy simply because it is made/distributed by someone I don't agree with. It makes no financial impact on the company and it's a tactic used by the "other side" that makes me respect them even less.

Otherwise, atheists would have to boycott movies employing religious actors, directors and producers. We'd have to do our homework and avoid the "wrong" television shows. We could only buy books published by atheist publishing houses.

It gets a little silly after a short while.

Fine. I'll boycott posts from you!! That'll send a message.... :lol:

I 2nd that. The Little Debbie snack is a lot like their religion; it seems sweet and harmless at first, but it does harm to you once you swallow it, and if you know better, they're pretty darned hard to swallow without something to wash them down. In the end, you realize it didn't taste that good and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Just like the little book in revelation: "and I ate the little book, and it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but bitter in my stomach.."

Quite the bitter cake/religion to swallow!

I have a cousin who is 7th Day Adventist. She is actually fairly liberal.

I personally boycott Little Debbie's because they make me gain weight. :)

That's a good enough reason.

I find it kinda pointless to stop using a product simply because the owners have a differing opinion from yours. Now if that company's owners were actively trying to suppress others, that is another story.