Goodbye Jesus

Pastor Chip Ingram -

therunner

I listen to christian radio a lot because I drive many hours a day and sometime I like to hear things that piss me off more than morning traffic. I guess I'm a bit sadistic to say the least. The radio station I listen to has Pastor Chip Ingram on during the mornings and mid afternoons and I listen to his sermons because sometimes he says some good practical things. He preaches about being good in life - whether someone says be good because of christ or be good because you should be - either way he's saying to be good.

However this past week he said something that really got my feathers ruffled! He devotes an entire week to one topic and goes through that topic pretty intensely. This past week's topic was "finding the job of your dreams" In his lectures, which I advise anyone to listen to for pure entertainment purposes only, he talks about Christian business owners hiring christian employees and if you are management in a larger firm it would be beneficial for you to hire Christian workers because you would all be on the same sheet of music and could communicate with each other much better.

I was shocked. How can radio in the 21st century allow for discrimination in such a blatant form? What would happen if Behrs Stearn said "we only hire jews" or Abercrombie only hires white kids (oh yea, they paid a lawsuit) but this is sick - I have never felt like a minority before. being a white guy from the midwest I've never felt the oppression of christianity as I have since I stopped being christian. I totally feel for other minorities now - especially the ones that can't hide it - or the ones that show by color or physical handicap.

Some day we will overcome! Power to the people!

Uh, I think you mean "masochistic." Sadistic means you like inflicting pain on another, masochistic means you like inflicting pain on yourself. ^_^

The radio station I listen to has Pastor Chip Ingram on during the mornings and mid afternoons and I listen to his sermons because sometimes he says some good practical things.

That name sounds familiar, is he out of Ohio?

The radio station I listen to has Pastor Chip Ingram on during the mornings and mid afternoons and I listen to his sermons because sometimes he says some good practical things.

That name sounds familiar, is he out of Ohio?

I don't know where he's out of - I'm in Illinois and hear him.

I wish I could find the transcripts of his show that pissed me off and post it here.

(i just found them and they cost money - I'm not paying for shit)

I;ll go check limewire or some other places.

you can view his website at

www.lote.org