Goodbye Jesus

S O S Anchorage!

Brother Jeff

Hi everybody,

I haven't visited this site in several weeks now, and I've been doing my best to avoid dealing with religion at all in the interest of my health. But when I saw this disgustingly ignorant website advertised on the local news, I HAD to respond. I just emailed the following letter to the ignorant religious bigots at the Anchorage Baptist Pimple who created the site http://www.sosanchorage.org:

You should be deeply ashamed of yourselves! I heard about your disgusting hate site on the Channel 2 News. When I visited it, as expected, I was confronted with sadly typical ignorance, outright lies, ridiculous and false assertions, and of course, plenty of ignorance-based misinformation.

"Sexual Orientation" is certainly NOT a dangerous word to add to our discrimination laws. Do you enjoy being discriminated against when you try to force your ignorant (and frequently ridiculous) religious beliefs on others (rational, thinking people)? I didn't think so... Please answer the following questions:

Why is that ignorant religious bigots such as yourselves can't simply keep your bigotry, ignorance, and hatred to yourselves and mind your own damn business?

If homosexuality is a "choice" as I'm sure you'll ignorantly attempt to assert, then that obviously implies that heterosexuality is also a choice. When did you decide to become heterosexual? Please answer not just for yourself, but for every ignorant religious bigot currently working in your office. I want to know the day, the hour, and exactly what it was that influenced your decisions to become heterosexuals. Thanks.

Homosexuals are generally NOT pedophiles and are NOT a danger to young children. If you actually knew anything at all about homosexuality, you would know that. When my sister and I were young children, my parents had no problems at all allowing their homosexual relative to babysit us. Dan was and is a decent, loving, caring individual and, obviously, he never once posed any danger to us. He and his partner Dirk have been together happily now for over 20 years (which is more than I can say for most Christian marriages), and they are having a great time raising an adopted child in their loving home. How DARE you claim that Dan would harm a child simply because he is homosexual! Your claim that Homosexual = Pedophile is not only simply wrong, it is DEEPLY IGNORANT and DEEPLY OFFENSIVE!

There is NO legitimate reason why homosexual men should not be allowed to participate in the Boy Scouts. If you actually knew anything at all about homosexuality, you would know that homosexuality and pedophilia are two entirely different and separate issues, and you would know that the vast majority of homosexual men are NOT pedophiles.

Cross dressing has nothing at all to do with homosexuality. Again, if you actually knew anything at all about homosexuality, you would know that.

Your assertion that any man can put on a dress and enter a ladies' restroom is not only absolutely ridiculous (as any rational, thinking person would instantly know), it quite obviously has no basis in REALITY.

"THEY" are not sharing your ridiculous and extremely bigoted and deeply ignorant assertions because - OBVIOUSLY - your bigoted and ignorant assertions have NO BASIS IN REALITY.

I'll be contacting my assembly representative alright, but not to add my voice to the ignorance, hatred, and bigotry that you are actively promoting. I will be adding my voice to SUPPORT GAY RIGHTS and encourage the promotion of education and tolerance instead of ignorance and bigotry.

I live for the day when people will base their opinions and beliefs on SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE, REASON, and RATIONAL THOUGHT (all of which I am well aware that religious nuts hate with a passion) as well as on what can be verified to be truthful and factual instead of basing them on the ignorant opinions and assertions of ancient (and mostly anonymous) Middle Eastern sheep herders.

It is not my job to educate you (and I am aware that you don't want to be educated), but I would still strongly recommend that you visit the UAA Bookstore and pick up textbooks on General Psychology and also on Abnormal Psychology ( I made an "A" in both classes, btw). Either textbook should do much to counter the ignorance you are steeped in, but reading and LEARNING from both textbooks would obviously be preferable. Make a CHOICE to actually USE YOUR BRAIN (a novel concept, I know) for something besides a storage bin for religious ignorance and bigotry and DO IT!

Sincerely,

Jeff

Thoughts?

GLORY!

You went to a site like that looking for -thoughts-?

What were you thinking man?

I'd say the only thing you've given them is another name to hate, and a print out to throw darts at, and possibly an account to feel justified in banning to prevent the persecution of their majority.

You're just ruled by Satan's lies after all, and you're -attack- was obviously meant to destroy their faith and love of Jesus Christ. [That sexy sexy deity, hanging up on that cross, looking so...lonely, and needing, all not dressed in that loin cloth, with those extra holes. With those puppy dog eyes that say...love me! Take me home and receive the body of...ahem....]

Wait, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah. Bigotry.

Anyway, you've probably accomplished nothing more than giving them something else to post up and 'warn' each other about the great Satan's powers of ignorance to not see their light. Now I'm sure they're passing your message about picking it apart for things to feel self righteous about and affirm their beliefs and the threat people like us pose to them.

The war is coming after all, and we'll learn that they're right soon enough.

After all, only they have the power and faith to discern the true meaning of the Lord's Word. It's just amazing how much he agrees with them. As if he was reading their minds, and giving them their own opinions for them.

Not that they could form something like that on their own, but if they could, I'm sure it would be scarily the same. A wonder, a miracle! They must be so close to the Lord! It's the only explanation!

You can only hope that they forward the message of darkness to the high priestess Saramon Palin! The great servant of the Lord who protects them from witches and liberals! It shall burn her holy eyes, and she shall seal it's dark powers away. So it can be properly and safely locked away, and censored, away from the fragile young Christian minds of Alaska's youth, banned from it's public libraries. Who knows what horrible harm it might do to them and their amazingly high teen pregnancy rate.

For the Lord said unto them, 'Go fourth, and multiply in thyne ignorance! So that all might not understand my glory, but pretend to anyway!'

The end, or was it the beginning? Six thousand years give or take, something like that anyway.

I agree about homosexuals being safe around kids and they are perfect choices for adoptions too. In my lifetime, I have only heard of one story of a homosexual being a pedophile compared to probably hundreds of stories, if not thousands, of heterosexual perverts! I have never allowed my son to join Boy Scouts because of the pedophiles that hide behind the Scout Master image, and the fact they discriminate against homosexuals joining scouts.

In working with the developmentally disabled, I've not found anyone more caring for the mentally retarded than gays and lesbians. They do fantastic work in health care!

• Super Moderator

You go, Brother Jeff!

Great reply to those hate mongers.

I just don't see why do xtians focus so much on homosexuality when it's only ever mentioned like twice in the whole NT yet they act like it's the end of the world if gay people are treated as equal humans. On the other hand, slavery is condoned more frequently in the bible but you don't see xtians trying to get slavery legalized again.

My advice to the xian homophobes in general: if you're so revolted by homosexuality, don't be one. Problem solved.

I hate that douche bag, Jerry Prevo. I'm sick of seeing his bigoted face on the local news. I think it'd be interesting to form a protest some Sunday morning in front of the Church. Alert the media and show up with a group of people with signs. I'm sick of seeing Christians shove their hate in all of our faces; it's about time gay supporters show up on THEIR door step and tell them what we think. I live 150 miles away, but if a decent sized group was put together, I'd drive up with my gf just for that. When is that being voted on anyway?

I hate that douche bag, Jerry Prevo. I'm sick of seeing his bigoted face on the local news. I think it'd be interesting to form a protest some Sunday morning in front of the Church. Alert the media and show up with a group of people with signs. I'm sick of seeing Christians shove their hate in all of our faces; it's about time gay supporters show up on THEIR door step and tell them what we think. I live 150 miles away, but if a decent sized group was put together, I'd drive up with my gf just for that. When is that being voted on anyway?

I hate that ignorant, bigoted asshole too! I am seriously considering doing an opposing website, and I would love to do a public protest at the Anchorage Baptist Pimple too. The question is: how to get the word out?

I don't know when the vote is, but the public hearing is June 9th. See this link:

http://www.patrickflynn.org/blog/?p=36

Just a couple of ideas for signs if we do a public protest:

HOMOPHOBIA.pdf

RELIGIOUS_HATRED.pdf

The public hearing on this issue is on June 9th. We could alert the media and do the protest at the church on Sunday, June 7th.

I don't even see the point of arguing with them. If a local church constantly advertised bigotry on the news, I would just simply not watch the news. If anything, send a letter to the news organization and tell them the harm they are doing by allowing such bigotry to be advertised.

I don't even see the point of arguing with them. If a local church constantly advertised bigotry on the news, I would just simply not watch the news. If anything, send a letter to the news organization and tell them the harm they are doing by allowing such bigotry to be advertised.

I would love to ignore these evil bigots and spend my time doing other things that I enjoy a lot more, but unfortunately evil doesn't just simply go away if ignored. It MUST be actively and vigorously opposed. That's the point of arguing with them.

I think you need to get the National Gay and Lesbian organizations involved. Send them the link http://sosanchorage.org/ They know how to take these turds down. I could barely read the damn thing, nearly had a stroke. Idiots!

I hate that ignorant, bigoted asshole too! I am seriously considering doing an opposing website, and I would love to do a public protest at the Anchorage Baptist Pimple too. The question is: how to get the word out?

I don't know when the vote is, but the public hearing is June 9th. See this link:

http://www.patrickflynn.org/blog/?p=36

I'm not really connected to anyone in Anchorage, but I'll try looking around online. It would be pretty short notice to do it this sunday, but I'll see if I can find people online, and I don't want to do it too late. There must be some Anchorage groups with websites that can be used to contact them.

Oh, and as much as we both hate this pastor and his supporters, we have to be very careful in how we portray ourselves, or we will do more harm than good. As much as I just want to give them a big "FUCK YOU," we have to try to win over Christians as this is unfortunately, a mostly Christian state.

Edit: I just found this site, and it talks about holding signs outside the library on June 9. I can't be there for that, but if we don't get something together for a sunday at the church, maybe you could get some people to go to that.

http://www.equalityworks.org/24601.html

The point is to sway public opinion. People are sheep. Just look at how certain countries are Atheistic and some are rabidly religious. It's all based on who your neighbors are and how many people are making the most noise.

haha, that fucking jack ass, Prevo was just on tv talking about Anchorage churches being tax exempt. He said if they had to pay taxes but other places didn't, "that would be discrimination." Haha, so, wait, this douche wants to be able to discriminate against gay people, but doesn't want anyone to discriminate against him? It wouldn't even be discrimination to make churches pay taxes because they are religious institutions and deserve no breaks. They definitely shouldn't get any breaks if they're going to fight to discriminate against gay people. Fucking bitches.

Still haven't back from that equality website. :(

On the other hand, slavery is condoned more frequently in the bible but you don't see xtians trying to get slavery legalized again.

They sure tried to keep it legal prior to the Civil War. That was near the top of the Southern Baptist agenda in the antebellum days.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
I just don't see why do xtians focus so much on homosexuality when it's only ever mentioned like twice in the whole NT yet they act like it's the end of the world if gay people are treated as equal humans. On the other hand, slavery is condoned more frequently in the bible but you don't see xtians trying to get slavery legalized again.

That's because this same traditional morals "conservative" family values segment of the population that was against homosexuality AND black people being viewed as humans got their asses fucking whipped back in the Civil War. That's why you don't see slavery condoned anymore in this country.

Wow, I saw the local news this morning and it showed some complete morons talking about the measure. It had some dumb ass on saying something like "Why can't the gays stop complaining about equal rights. Why can't they just...be quiet." Then, it had some idiot who was saying they couldn't accept any wording that accepted homosexual behavior as normal human behavior.

Fucking idiots. For one thing, it IS normal behavior, and for another, it's not even saying that. It's saying IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's saying FUCK OFF AND DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE FOR DUMB THINGS. I hate these people.