Goodbye Jesus

I Am So Fucking Sick And Tired Of Jesus Club Christians

Creepy Doll

I don't even know where to start. There is just so much I am pissed off about right now with Jesus Club™ Christians. Jesus Club™ Christians are those who believe in being "born again" and that the bible is inerrant. I have many friends who call themselves Christians and some who even go to church, who are decent folk, don't take their religion shit so seriously and even go to church. Those folks are OK. It's the radical fuckers that think somehow if you're pro-choice or gay or don't believe the same shit they do that you're not only going to go to hell but you're gonna take the rest of the world with you that I have an issue with. Why can't people just leave each other the FUCK alone?

My partner and I just traveled 900 miles this past weekend to get married. Why? Because a few fucks in our state senate listened to NOM and a few constituent fucks, who convinced them that allowing gay people to get married is going to somehow send the state to hell, so we had to travel to another state that allows gay marriage to do it. WTF? Are people THAT fucking superstitious? I just don't get it.

And these assholes preaching "sanctity of marriage" are the same motherfuckers who are bopping each other and each others spouses, hiring prostitutes, reaching under the mens room stall and getting divorced and remarried left and right. They just try to cover it up. Mother fuckers. Every one of them.

And these assholes preaching "sanctity of marriage" are the same motherfuckers who are bopping each other and each others spouses, hiring prostitutes, reaching under the mens room stall and getting divorced and remarried left and right. They just try to cover it up. Mother fuckers. Every one of them.

I've always said that the straights have ruined the "sanctity" of marriage (50% divorce rate?), so we should give the gays a chance to restore meaning to it.

Oh and congrats! :)

Gays certainly can't do any worse with it than straights have. Even know a couple of divorced gays. It is what it is, no better, no worse.

With a divorce rate higher than 50% these days, how can heterosexuals claim to be the standard measure of marriage? They are the standard for divorce. Congratulations too! :woohoo:

Congratulations on your marriage!

I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. Just wanted to point out, on the :) side, that there *are* states in which gay marriage is legal. That's a big improvement from 20 years ago! We'll all get there.

Ultimately it's going to take the Supreme Court, and by then it will have gotten really nasty. What we're seeing now may just be a preview. Also, we may have to wait for the next court; this one's been stacked with conservatives and middling moderates. Bush knew what he was doing when he selected a young cat for big chief.

We have been using the whole "if marriage is so holy and need to be protected, why don't you just outlaw divorce?" thing, so they have now formed a group called Rescue Marriage where they petition to outlaw divorce.

Congratulations on your wedding creepydoll!

Yeah, I really hate the Jesus Club Christians too. Hopefully, they'll one day become as extinct as the dinosaurs.

Gratz on the wedding. Hopefully one day GLBT will be able to have the right to marry (and be miserable....just kidding) like hetero couples.

I've always said that the straights have ruined the "sanctity" of marriage (50% divorce rate?), so we should give the gays a chance to restore meaning to it.

Oh and congrats! :)

LOL, nice! They certainly couldn't do much worse with it. I laugh and want to strangle someone at the same time, every time I hear the words "sanctity of marriage." What a joke!

Gays certainly can't do any worse with it than straights have. Even know a couple of divorced gays. It is what it is, no better, no worse.

Gays are human too! Imagine that, lol.

With a divorce rate higher than 50% these days, how can heterosexuals claim to be the standard measure of marriage? They are the standard for divorce. Congratulations too! :woohoo:

Exactly. Thank you.

Congratulations on your marriage!

I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. Just wanted to point out, on the :) side, that there *are* states in which gay marriage is legal. That's a big improvement from 20 years ago! We'll all get there.

You know, it's not even just for me and it isn't just about marriage equality. I'm just so sick and tired of Christian bigots on their high horses trying to control everyone, no matter what it is exactly they're trying to control. But yeah, we will get there. I'm an activist. Our new thing is showing the conservatives how much $ in taxes is going to other states because we're now GOING to those states to spend all our money on our weddings. Sucks for businesses here that they're not getting that money, and neither is the state getting that tax money, or the fees for the marriage license.

Ultimately it's going to take the Supreme Court, and by then it will have gotten really nasty. What we're seeing now may just be a preview. Also, we may have to wait for the next court; this one's been stacked with conservatives and middling moderates. Bush knew what he was doing when he selected a young cat for big chief.

I'm surprised there wasn't rioting here in NY when the State Senate didn't pass the bill. I guess that just goes to show that we're better people than that.

We have been using the whole "if marriage is so holy and need to be protected, why don't you just outlaw divorce?" thing, so they have now formed a group called Rescue Marriage where they petition to outlaw divorce.

Actually a marriage equality group started a similar movement just to prove a point. I think it's funny. You know they won't outlaw divorce. Too many Christians depend on it. :grin:

Congratulations on your wedding creepydoll!

Yeah, I really hate the Jesus Club Christians too. Hopefully, they'll one day become as extinct as the dinosaurs.

Sooner the better! Thank you.

Gratz on the wedding. Hopefully one day GLBT will be able to have the right to marry (and be miserable....just kidding) like hetero couples.

LOL, we are human... And that's exactly the point. JC Christians act as if they're somehow above everyone else, particularly gays. As if they didn't have human tendencies and shit.

Thank you all for the well wishes. :)

Just remember, most people who point to the Bible to claim "sanctity of marriage" have never really read the Bible.

Congrats, and best wishes.

Congrats on the marriage, and I agree that the whole issue is just silly. Of course, I think I figured out part of the problem here in California at least - the conservative minority went out in droves to vote, and the GLBT community made it out, but the large number of those neutral on the subject (who don't care if gays marry, but don't get worked up about it cause it doesn't affect them) didn't bother to vote on the matter. And since the conservatives outnumber the gays, they won. Talking to a number of people who were fairly neutral on the topic I discovered that they just didn't bother voting about it. That easily could have swung the vote in this state, and I would imagine several others as well.

You know, it's not even just for me and it isn't just about marriage equality. I'm just so sick and tired of Christian bigots on their high horses trying to control everyone, no matter what it is exactly they're trying to control. But yeah, we will get there. I'm an activist. Our new thing is showing the conservatives how much $ in taxes is going to other states because we're now GOING to those states to spend all our money on our weddings. Sucks for businesses here that they're not getting that money, and neither is the state getting that tax money, or the fees for the marriage license.

Absolutely. Total control of everybody is what their fantasy is about; that's why they so love their rapture imagery.

I also think it's got a lot to do with sex and parenting. They can only convert so many adults; the real money is on producing and indoctrinating as many children as possible (see the Duggars of reality TV for the prototype.) Same reason they hate "illegals;" they can't stand to see any family that doesn't look and think like them having children. It creates competition.

So true about the business potential. Legalize gay marriage and pot; that would be stimulus I can believe in!

Guest xandrani

Congrats!

I'm so glad I don't live in the U S of Facsist!

I find it amazing that people call themselves Christian (or another religion) and then to selfish terrible acts... it kind of disproves the effectiveness of religion outright. Indeed there is evidence that atheists are more moral than religious people:

http://www.skepticfiles.org/american/prison.htm

If there was a god he'd have sent most Americans to hell years ago.

Creepy Doll:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UNITY!

PLEASE KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!

I am with you 100 percent. Want a kick in the teeth?

My older sister voted for the ban on gay marriage here in Florida in Nov. 08. This is the same sister who always tells me she loves me, ask for my advice and help on just about everything, AND divorced her husband of 18 years for no apparent reason other than "he just wasn't exciting."

Me? My man and I have been together 18 years tomorrow. We have no plans and absolutely no indication that we won't be together in 18 more years.

Her reason for voting to deny me my right to marry is because the bible says so. She doesn't even go to fucking church. She says she has read the bible from cover to cover but every time I ask her about a passage that is clearly contradictory or just insane she wants to know WHERE it is because she's never heard of it.

Even though the election was over a year ago, I just asked her a couple of days ago how she voted because of something she said (I don't remember what it was). I thought this entire time she was fine with my being a homo, she certainly didn't act otherwise. I feel betrayed, stabbed in the back, deceived, you name it!

Well, now it's my turn. After our huge fight where I called every name and then made up some of my own, I called her and apologized, told her I loved her, etc. I don't mean a word of it. I'm just going to let her think that every thing is ok until I find the perfect opportunity to yank the rug out from under her.

Why? Because when I told her that we she did hurt me hoping to reason with her and see how she affected someone she loves, her response is that she did not hurt me. How arrogant is she to tell me how I feel. So, using her reasoning, I am now going to "hurt" her, then I am going to decide how she should feel about it.

Jack

Don't vote to keep me from getting married when you yourself can't even stay married.

LOL, we are human... And that's exactly the point. JC Christians act as if they're somehow above everyone else, particularly gays. As if they didn't have human tendencies and shit.

My dad always told me that bottom-scraping addicts only want others to sink down to their level. I think in some way, these guys want to "spread the pain" of their self-stifling. If they are forced to do it, so should everyone else.

Congrats on the marriage, and I agree that the whole issue is just silly. Of course, I think I figured out part of the problem here in California at least - the conservative minority went out in droves to vote, and the GLBT community made it out, but the large number of those neutral on the subject (who don't care if gays marry, but don't get worked up about it cause it doesn't affect them) didn't bother to vote on the matter. And since the conservatives outnumber the gays, they won. Talking to a number of people who were fairly neutral on the topic I discovered that they just didn't bother voting about it. That easily could have swung the vote in this state, and I would imagine several others as well.

The "progressive" California of popular imagination is limited to a narrow sliver of coastline between Los Angeles and the Bay Area. The rest of California runs the gamut between "Midwestern" and "Montanan" in political and cultural orientation. Non-Californians were shocked at the outcome of Proposition 8. We native Californians were not.

I find it amazing that people call themselves Christian (or another religion) and then to selfish terrible acts...

I don't. To paraphrase a recent GQ article, their religion teaches them that the rest of us are going to "roast in a liquid shit jacuzzi" for all eternity, which cultivates an attitude of smug pity in them. Because the rest of us are dog shit to their God, it's no wonder that they treat us likewise.

Don't vote to keep me from getting married when you yourself can't even stay married.

NO SHIT!

I wish they would get that through their thick fucking heads, too.

I am so sorry for your predicament. I have been on a Mormon rampage for a looong time regarding their "family values"...

As to Catholics...

Here's a secret about Roman Catholics...They attack gay marriage and yet, if you are a heterosexual Roman Catholic couple and you marry outside the Roman Catholic church (ie, a civil ceremony, etc.), you CANNOT receive the sacraments (a BIG deal for Catholics)and are considered a "fornicator". Heterosexuals married outside the church receive the same label as gays: fornicators.

For Catholics, only Church sanctioned marriages are acceptable...Catholic, heterosexual, couples who do not enter into marriage through the RCC are just as hellbound as gays. So why do they pick on gays? Pure bigotry.

If you marry through the RCC, you have to go through Pre-Cana classes & they make you SIGN a document stating that you understand that homosexuality is unnatural and that you will NOT use birth control.

I hope one day things change for you and your partner.

At least the RCC is a bit more consistent, I guess. And over in Italy, getting a divorce is still a major, major bitch compared to here.

At least the RCC is a bit more consistent, I guess. And over in Italy, getting a divorce is still a major, major bitch compared to here.

Yeah, but it seems that they obsess more over gay marriage...Catholics who are divorced & remarried outside the church are also considered fornicators...same label as gays.

If you want to remarry, you have to obtain an annulment indicating that although marriage #1 was through the RCC, a "marriage" never existed...go figure.

Annulments are granted quickly if one partner refuses to have children or is gay. I have always wondered if they consider the inability to conceive as an indication that "a marriage never took place."

In Catholicism, piles of bellyfruit trump love & self-respect.

Congrats, Creepy Doll!

The Jesus ClubTM is a threat to liberty and has entirely too much power.

Last year, I became the unwilling recipient of a deluge of forwarded snail-mail Jesus ClubTM spam of the worst sort. It has not slacked up.

A couple of days ago an envelope arrived in my mail box that read, "Marriage is Under Attack - We Need Your Help. Stand With Us to Protect Marriage and Our Children's Future." The majority of the Jesus ClubTM that arrives in my mailbox goes straight to the circular file. I had to open this one, though.

<sarcasm>

You see, since I am already happily married, I was concerned about the threat that my marriage might be dissolved by the state, against my will. Or that others who wished to marry would not be permitted to thanks to this attack on marriage. I was frightened for my children's future if they would be ripped away from me by the state when they dissolved my marriage.

</sarcasm>

When I opened it up, I saw that there was a cover letter by none other than James Dobson. But the big pitch came from this Maggie Gallagher lady of the National Organization for Marriage.

She said: "An out-of-control State Supreme Court has forced same-sex marriage on the good people of Iowa."

<sarcasm>

I sure am glad I don't live in Iowa. I would hate to be forced by the state to divorce my wife and to marry a man instead.

</sarcasm>

She continued with a ten page missive. It was chock full of the same old crap about how people's religious liberties were being shredded by activist judges with a gay agenda. As though they should have "liberties" to tell others who they should be married and whose religious sanctions they should be subject to. The payload was a slip to send in with your donation of up to $500 or more or monthly pledge of up to $100 per month to advance the cause of discriminating against gays.

"National Organization for Marriage." Why can't they be honest and call themselves the National Organization AGAINST Marriage, since they seem to be in the business of preventing people who love each other (or want to tie the knot for whatever reason, for that matter) from marrying. You bet it pisses me off.