Goodbye Jesus

Christians, Shut The Hell Up!

Prestissimo

[rant mode on] What does it take to make you shut up? I need to release some steam. I haven't been around on this forum because I wanted to stay clear a bit of religious debates. But it KEEPS BULLYING me. Christians don't ever shut up.

Two weeks ago I was at a party, all was nice, after a few beers a christian comes up and starts bragging about his God and how he saved his live. I totally ignored it, not in the mood to debate. Then he was poking fun at atheist.. not really a choice, I had to give him some counter response. Whenever I came with an argument, he would resort to conspiracy theories (like how darwins research was totally funded just to destroy christianity and was all made up), bad science and straw man fallacies.

When he was eventually backed into a corner he said he was just a 'simple man' and 'it's a party, I'm not in the mood for debate, I was just saying how great God is'..

ffs.. so frustrating.

I watch a youtube video about sports, totally not related to religion whatsoever, and what's the first comment below the film: Bible verse X, Jesus loves you, come to christ.. [etc..].

I skip to another vid, same fucking thing!! The next day I get a flyer in the mail with an invitation to the Church!! A week later a f*cking Jehovah Witness..

I would be fine to NEVER have to think or talk about christianity EVER again, but you christians keep pushing and pushing. And when I debate you, you fall. Because I'm 10 times smarter than you, and did my research. Now fuck off. [/rant mode off]

• Like 4

They're so loud because they have to constantly convince themselves. It's more defense against their own minds than yours. Consider the death throes of homophobia going on in the US. They're screaming about a fucking chicken fast food chain. How pathetic.

That's what fundies who intrude upon your life unasked are. Fucking pathetic.

• Like 3

Prestissimo - I understand how you feel even though I live in the UK not the US, so evangelism is not so "in yer face." Thing is - is prolonged anger doing you any good? If every time you were angry with Christianity a fundie Christian dropped dead remotely, it might be worth it. But unfortunately that doesn't happen.

This is why I use the internet to challenge Xianity. It's less "in yer face." I get less uptight. I can put an argument together more coherently and expose the Xian's lack of clarity, honesty or grip on reality. I choose my battles in real life carefully. Best thing to do with Christianity IMO is take the piss out of it (UK translation - ridicule it) because it is inherently ridiculous and wacky.

• Like 1

Thanks, that was just what I needed. Thanks for putting it in perspective, both of you.

jesus.gif

Welcome to the club lol.

"Tis far better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Ben Franklin (per the internet).

Let the Xian spew his absurdness so all doubt about his foolishness has been removed. A party where drinking beer is involved sounds like the perfect venue to watch the spectable of a somewhat inebriated Christard make an ass of himself. :-)

They're so loud because they have to constantly convince themselves...

Those who really try to "have faith", yes. Others are in it just because their führer (whatever type... daddy, preacher, whathaveyou) told them to. And I suspect that the latter are the majority, at least among the fuckfaces who constantly shove their crap into others' faces. I'd assume that strugglers would more try to deal with it in private. Just my 2 cents worth :shrug:

Thanks, that was just what I needed. Thanks for putting it in perspective, both of you.

Rant away pal, they deserve it :fdevil:

They're so loud because they have to constantly convince themselves. It's more defense against their own minds than yours. Consider the death throes of homophobia going on in the US. They're screaming about a fucking chicken fast food chain. How pathetic.

I don't think they're trying to convince themselves, i don't think their rational enough for that. I believe their just so sensationalized on their beliefs that they feel compelled to "reach" others because it gives them a kind of spiritual high, the same kind of high i get when i explain something in science or history to someone.

Welcome to the club lol.

There isn't a fundy to be found in our parts, Kaiser. Stop acting like we're completely surrounded on all fronts by them. Puh-lease.

I don't think they're trying to convince themselves, i don't think their rational enough for that. I believe their just so sensationalized on their beliefs that they feel compelled to "reach" others because it gives them a kind of spiritual high, the same kind of high i get when i explain something in science or history to someone.

So... can I call them "Jesus junkies" now?

All I know is, the loudest ranting psychos from my christian school days ended up "falling away" - two of the guys even ended up with boyfriends. And one of those, in particular, would fairly foam at the mouth when I disagreed in the smallest way with his dogma.

Another pushy teacher from that school also went crazy, became a missionary, ran away from that, and no one knows where he is anymore.

The "lukewarm" girls around me all got married and pumped out little christian soldiers. They're happy with church and xanax.

Just my experience.

@lunaticcheathen

That's an hilarious turn of events ;-)

So... can I call them "Jesus junkies" now?

i call it a Jesus high but hat ever works.

Welcome to the club lol.

There isn't a fundy to be found in our parts, Kaiser. Stop acting like we're completely surrounded on all fronts by them. Puh-lease.

Yea, i mean Arkansas is so full of Atheist right, i mean there are so many Atheist here i figured id turn Christian just for the fun of it.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I guess I should be glad I live in LA - I know a couple of people that go to church, but there's too many religions here (as well as non-religious) for any one to really dominate. Which is how I like it - believe whatever you want just don't push it on me....

Heh same here. Exactly one real morontheist cult in my town (as far as I know) and the only ones who ever tried to even kind of actively push their bullshit on others were the local jehoover's witlesses, who have to be very careful in Germany because just knocking on random doors is borderline illegal :fdevil:

[rant mode on] What does it take to make you shut up? I need to release some steam. I haven't been around on this forum because I wanted to stay clear a bit of religious debates. But it KEEPS BULLYING me. Christians don't ever shut up.

Two weeks ago I was at a party, all was nice, after a few beers a christian comes up and starts bragging about his God and how he saved his live. I totally ignored it, not in the mood to debate. Then he was poking fun at atheist.. not really a choice, I had to give him some counter response. Whenever I came with an argument, he would resort to conspiracy theories (like how darwins research was totally funded just to destroy christianity and was all made up), bad science and straw man fallacies.

When he was eventually backed into a corner he said he was just a 'simple man' and 'it's a party, I'm not in the mood for debate, I was just saying how great God is'..

ffs.. so frustrating.

I watch a youtube video about sports, totally not related to religion whatsoever, and what's the first comment below the film: Bible verse X, Jesus loves you, come to christ.. [etc..].

I skip to another vid, same fucking thing!! The next day I get a flyer in the mail with an invitation to the Church!! A week later a f*cking Jehovah Witness..

I would be fine to NEVER have to think or talk about christianity EVER again, but you christians keep pushing and pushing. And when I debate you, you fall. Because I'm 10 times smarter than you, and did my research. Now fuck off. [/rant mode off]

I feel your pain, buddy, but as others here have pointed out, getting mad over someone expressing themselves is about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine and will often unnecessarily raise your blood pressure in the process. You owe it to yourself to relax and not let these preachy, self-congratulatory blowhards get to you so much. I know, Christians and their uncanny ability to completely ruin one's day with woefully exhausting rhetoric are annoying as all get-out, but try to save your ire for the ones who seek to make their religious beliefs into law. I used to be a "practicing atheist," (I'm not saying you are, mind you) but really, whatever someone does in their spare time to make their lives suck less - whether it's hockey, cocaine, church, bridge club, or amateur lion-taming - as long as it doesn't inconvenience me or threaten me with harm, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has a right to say whatever nonsense they please, just as I have the right to laugh in their face and be a condescending prick to them. They have a right to espouse whatever belief system they want, and we reserve the right to call it out as being unequivocally and mind-blowingly stupid.