Goodbye Jesus

Is It "books-a-million" Or "christian Books-a-million"?

Guest SereneAspiration

Guest SereneAspiration

For cryin' out loud.... upon walking up to the store in the windows; Christian books. ALL up the center of the store; Christian books. To the left, to the right, fiction, non-fiction; Christian books. Isn't there a 'war on christians' supposedly in America? If there is I find it DOUBTFUL due to the OVER-ABUNDANCE of CHRISTIAN BOOKS at the bookstore. I mean, I'm not for censorship but there are like rows and rows and rows of Christian books.

At Barnes and Nobles the fundies will corner you but B&N, at least here in my neck of the woods is pretty even on what books are put on the eye-catching displays. Of course, our Books-A-Million is right next to Hobby Lobby who closes on Sundays so that their emplolyees may worship. :rolleyes:

I wanted a beer after that but not today, not until at leas 2pm when they begin selling it on Sundays.

They are opening one of those stores around here too... so it's Christian? I'll have to keep that in mind. That is big honking store... I had no idea there were that many Christian books published.

they better not get rid of the occult section or i am going to be mad.

i dont understand why books a million stopped selling crystals whats up with that they evil or something? seems like the majority always rules and christians is the majority of people. if your talking about the books a million in tupelo mississippi that is. so everything christian is put up to attract the majority.

I think that it's just really close to Easter.

I got my "Misquoting Jesus" book there. But... I did notice they have a whole area for Christianity and Bibles and a really small section for Secular Biblical History.

Taph

[ :Doh: .... I just do not have Easter on the brain lately :grin: You are probably right, I never even factured in Easter.

You're a true Ex-C now!

Speaking of forgetting it's Easter... in my Buddhism class, we have to visit a local Buddhist center for class. We had a choice of three different dates. One of the dates is on Easter. A week or so ago, our prof e-mails us and essentially says, "Oops! One of those dates is Easter. I don't have my holidays on Outlook yet so I didn't realize it when I planned the trip. Will it be a problem?"

I think what he really meant was, "Oops... I forgot it was Easter and I just remembered some of you are probably going to church that morning. Will this be a problem?"

Obviously, this prof is not a Christian. I signed up for this particular date, and it didn't cross my mind either that it was on Easter. Deconversion complete! ;)

Easter seems to not be the commercial extravigaza that Christmas is, so it's easy not to remember.

The only reason I knew is that my boss crossed off this Friday on the calendar and told me not to schedule the truck to go out that day. I had to ask her why. It's good Friday.

[ :Doh: .... I just do not have Easter on the brain lately :grin: You are probably right, I never even factured in Easter.

You're a true Ex-C now!
No she isn't. :nono:

If she were a True ExC'er™, she would have used the word 'factored' instead of making up something that isn't even in the dictionary.

*moving along*

Watch it buddy, you make a typo...I'll catch ya!
Whatver... :Wendywhatever:

:HaHa:

Watch it buddy, you make a typo...I'll catch ya!
Whatver... :Wendywhatever:

:HaHa:

Smart ass... "whatver" Oh, no, I'll catch you off guard. :grin:
Sher yew ill. :mellow:

books a million should get some books on ostara and other holidays if their going to put books in front of the window about whatever holidays going on. but as always the majority wins.