Goodbye Jesus

Judas Was Crucified, Not Jesus

The_Omniscient

okay...hope that Muslim thing works out for ya, Omni. I'm over trying to make mythology, legend, and folklore into reality, I don't need it. Religion - all religion - is bullshit.

bdp

If at least one, just one, could come up with a religion where the bad people just get punished for a little while. Don't you think people would change their minds while their in the furnace? And maybe realize their false path and ask for forgiveness? So why can't it be that Hell is just a temporary holding cell, where bad people go, and as soon as they realize how bad they were and say "sorry, I really mean it" (just like people do in this world), then they go to Heaven. And we have a happy ending.

How come does God have to be described as this cruel eogmaniac that have sinful emotions like anger, frustration and jealousy? Why can't one religion decide to start making God to a GOOD God for once? There's way too much of "God is good", "God is just", "God hates", "God punishes for eternity", "but God is still good" stupidity!

Not "bad" people getting punished, either.....just anybody who doesn't follow the right God.

You can live like a saint but if you don't read the right books.....burn in hell.

You can kill, cheat, lie, steal, and rape, but if you say the right words.......go to heaven.

I read the Quran when I wanted proof that Islam is a religion of peace. I found proof that it is a religion of war and of oppressing women to a rediculous degree. I'm not some Rush Limbaugh Republican windbag, but after having read the holy book of Islam I cannot see it as a beneficial force in society. Some Muslims argue that Islam is good because it is one religion that allows others - namely Christianity and Judaism - to exist with it. Yes, but only as second-class citizens, their lives totally at the mercy of their Muslim overlords, their lives worth only half. If a Muslim kills a Christian he is made to pay a fine (if that); if a Christian injures a Muslim he is made to die - is that God's divine justice?

Both Christianity and Islam's weakness is that their founders made sure that their rules, regulations, and doctrines remained frozen in time. You could say that Christianity or Islam needs "updating" - but if they were updated they would no longer be. Part of their essential doctrine is that they cannot change or adapt; God's Word is eternal and unchanging. It is for these reasons these two religions hold us back.

Dear fellows;

I have started a new thread which looks more suitable for have discussion of such kind. please make your questions/replies in that thread.

regards

A well wisher

Muslim troll, shit gets too thick in one thread just start another.

bdp

sorry, I'm just a cranky bastard today, feel free to ignore me.

Dear fellows;

I have started a new thread which looks more suitable for have discussion of such kind. please make your questions/replies in that thread.

regards

A well wisher

Gotta wonder... You started this thread... How could it be unsuitable for discussion of such kind?

Dear Minstrel;

Such a kind = Discussion reagrding Islam. Not Bible or Gospels/Jesus.

Regards

A well wisher

One thing that's hard to digest with the idea that Judas was crucified instead of Jesus, is that how and why would Judas do such a thing? What is the explanation to that? Did he do it willingly or was he forced to it?

Dear Hansolo;

What is the explanation to that? Did he do it willingly or was he forced to it?

Well, it appears that after reading the Gospel of Judas that he actually did it willingly and out of love & affection for Jesus. He also was the only one out of other disciples who actually had the understanding of the reality of jesus, now what reality , we do not know yet. Hence, this makes it clear that he did it willingly not unwillingly and was not forced to do, Anywayz, God knows better.

---------------------

Regards

A well wisher

Ah, and that's how Islam gets around the issue of Jesus being the sacrifice for sin. So there is no cleansing of sin or forgivness in Islam, but only condemnation.