Goodbye Jesus

"why Are You Unbelievers So Mean?"

Checkmate

How many times have Christians asked this question, or a variation thereof? Why are we so rude? Why do we curse at them? Why are we so angry/bitter? Why can’t we be nice?

We get these questions and then we offer our defenses, whatever they may be. But it occurred to me that rather than answer the Christian accusations, maybe instead we ought to be asking our own question(s).

To wit: “Why do Christians expect unbelievers to behave nicely?”

Fact: Christians accuse us of being “sinners”. Wicked, evil, unregenerate reprobates of NO good character. According to the Christian, unbelievers have no morals or ethics without their “God”. They EXPECT “bad behavior” from us.

(So, why are Christians surprised when they receive rude behavior?)

Fact: Christians claim that the ONLY way that ANYONE (especially us “sinners”) can behave decently (read; be kind, good, forgiving, merciful, faithful, etc.) is to be FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD. Something they tell us WE DON’T HAVE. (But that THEY do.)

(So, why do Christians expect this virtuous behavior from us, when they “know” that we are incapable of it without their “God’s” “Holy Spirit” power?)

I remember back when I was a new Christian. I would often become incensed with people for using profanity around me. I’d even demand that they stop. But then one day it hit me: I’M the one who is supposed to be “Born Again”, not them. Why should I expect THEIR behavior to change, when I’m the one with “God’s Holy Spirit”? THEY were only behaving like the lost souls they were. “Children of the devil”, I called them. (Yes, I was a True Fundy nutjob. Leave me alone. I repented of my stupidity!)

So thereafter I quit hounding “sinners” to “behave” themselves. It was up to ME to be strong in MY faith and endure whatever they threw my way. I was supposed to be this “new creature in Christ”, not them. The onus of change was upon MY shoulders, not theirs.

It is with THIS knowledge/revelation that I ask today’s Christians: WHY DO YOU EXPECT NON-BELIEVERS TO BEHAVE NICELY? We aren’t the ones with your “Spirit-filled Life”. Why expect us to ACT like we are? Are you really so weak in YOUR faith that you can’t deal with our bad attitudes? Are you hot-house flowers in need of sheltering from the “abusive words” of the heathen?

AND: If we “sinners” DO behave ourselves nicely, under our own self-effort, does that now mean that there is NO NEED for “God’s Holy Ghost” empowerment?

Hmm….Food for thought, ain’t it? :wicked:

a christian shouldn't accuse you of being a sinner, we beleive we are all sinners. furthermore, a christian should never judge you. period.

you don't have to be a christian to be a good person, and being a christian doesn't mean you will be a good person. good works is not what gets you into heaven. it is faith.

a good christian should lead by example, not by pointing out the flaws in other peoples lives.

whether you are a christian or not, anybody would be offended if they were called names.

whether you are a christian or not, anybody would be offended if they were called names.
Yes. Absolutely, freeday. Names hurt, and it doesn't really matter how much "truth" the speaker sees in their own words.

But if someone comes wandering in here and declares me to be evil without even knowing which of the six billion earthlings I happen to be... It does tend to make me rather irate.

(And yes, I know that "But they started it" isn't the best of defenses. I am trying to get a bit less ballistic in my responses.)

• Like 1

Yes. Absolutely, freeday. Names hurt, and it doesn't really matter how much "truth" the speaker sees in their own words.

But if someone comes wandering in here and declares me to be evil without even knowing which of the six billion earthlings I happen to be... It does tend to make me rather irate.

(And yes, I know that "But they started it" isn't the best of defenses. I am trying to get a bit less ballistic in my responses.)

i understand where you are coming from, i see how it pisses you off when a person comes on here and tell you to turn or burn, without even taken the time to see if you have ever heard the message before.

i am on another board that talks about cars and such, and it pisses everyone off when somebody comes on there and starts making fun of our cars. they are ussaully banned pretty quickly.

[but] if someone comes wandering in here and declares me to be evil without even knowing which of the six billion earthlings I happen to be... It does tend to make me rather irate.

So true sister! :vent:

They use the "no need for harsh language!!!!!!111!!11!!!" like a fetish, arrogantly ignoring that their babble always constitutes the first insult - and then they wonder why they get what they deserve. :fdevil:

i understand where you are coming from, i see how it pisses you off when a person comes on here and tell you to turn or burn......

No you don't understand.....and you prove it....

quite....

promptly.....! VVVVVVVV

...... without even taken the time to see if you have ever heard the message before.

freeday!!!!! WHAT.....IS.....THE......NAME......OF.....THIS.......SITE?????????

Is it "NeverheardtheWord.Net"??????

NO.

How about "WhoJezzus.Org"??????

NOPE

What about "CumpleezeTellUsDaBible.Com"?????

WRONG AGAIN!!

We have heard the message freeday.

We used to SPREAD the message freeday.

After closer examination, we DISCARDED the message freeday!

Understanding this basic fact doesn't mean you have to condone it (we know you won't, but we don't care about your opinion). But if you continue to refuse BASIC Kindergarten level COMPREHENSION, I'm going to superglue your knees to your eyebrows!

Whoah WR, easy now, easy! I have to take freeday's side here for a moment. Please read his words in full:

"i understand where you are coming from, i see how it pisses you off when a person comes on here and tell you to turn or burn, without even taken the time to see if you have ever heard the message before."

As I see it, he didn't claim that we just never heard the bullshit.

Let's hammer him for what he really said, okay? :lmao:

Hah! Thurisaz said, "hammer". :HaHa:

What else did you expect rodent? :lmao:

Ooooh.

I'm sorry freeday

*puts the metal brassiere back in the closet, the fur panties back in the drawer, and stashes quarterstaff under the couch*

Yeah.......that kinda thing really pisses us off.

Not so you'd.....notice. :unsure:

It's been a long week.

Pass the damn mead!!

no big deal, white raven. i wish i could tell you why i hang around, but i can't. i know there is no way i am going to convert anyone on here. but i have devoloped some friendships on here. so i guess that is why i hang around. and have learned a thing or two.

*puts the metal brassiere back in the closet, the fur panties back in the drawer, and stashes quarterstaff under the couch*

Pass the damn mead!!

WAIT! Don't put the Valkyrie outfit away! You look so hot in it! I was getting a chubby! I fucking LOVE it when you rave out! :Love::yum:

Oh, and here's the mead, my lovely. :beer:

a christian shouldn't accuse you of being a sinner, we beleive we are all sinners. furthermore, a christian should never judge you. period.

you don't have to be a christian to be a good person, and being a christian doesn't mean you will be a good person. good works is not what gets you into heaven. it is faith.

a good christian should lead by example, not by pointing out the flaws in other peoples lives.

This entire post is replete with contradictions and sophistry.

You say that Christians shouldn't accuse someone of being a sinner, and THEN you say that you believe we are ALL sinners. :twitch: You just ACCUSED us of being sinners again! In the same breath that you say that you shouldn't do it!

You say that a Christian should NEVER judge you. "Period". Hmmm...I distinctly remember someone posting as "freeday" judging ME and concluding that I had "anger issues". And all without the benefit of a psychology degree, nor a formal session on the couch. Sounds like a "judgment" to me.

How can you possibly convince anyone they need Christ and salvation if you DON'T point out their sinfulness and flaws? This is inherent in your religion, whether you like it or not. That's why you preach ("lead by example") Christ to us. Whether you SAY it or not, the implication is LOUD and CLEAR. You believe you are better than everyone else, and Christ is why. Trying to skip out of this arrogant position is just further proof of how disingenuous you are.

When you emphatically take one position over another, you are by default casting aspersions on the other's position. Whether it is spoken or not. WE ALL DO THIS.

When I say I'm an atheist, I am also saying in a subtle way, "You're an idiot for believing in god." It can't be helped. Likewise when you say you're a Christian, you are subtly declaring, "You unbelievers are lost without my beliefs and you need help."

Try and paint the most magnanimous face on it you want to, but the TRUTH of the matter is that we ALL "judge" one another by default merely by maintaining a contrary position. The only difference between you and me, freeday, is that I have the guts and courage of my convictions to stand by my words, instead of waffling and vacillating while trying to placate my opponents with pleas of "Can't we all just get along?"

No. We can't. Even your own "god" declares this. "What fellowship hath light with darkness?" NONE!

You may be fooling all the rest with your backpeddling, trying to pass yourself off as some "non-judgmental Christian", who now thinks we're all so wonderful (i.e. "not sinners"), but I remember your previous posts, and I KNOW what it means to be a Christian! YOU are The Borg™! It is your desire and passion to "win us to Christ". And why? Because you BELIEVE that there is something wrong with us! You BELIEVE that we need help!

Hello? How can THIS not be "judgment"? :loser:

If you REALLY expect me to believe this new and improved freeday, who doesn't "judge" and isn't trying to get anyone to accept Christ, then you need to either leave this forum, OR quit defending your monster god/religion. Stop pushing it in everyone's face as the End-All and Be-All of Correct Existence on Earth and in the Afterlife. Go away, or stop "preaching Christ", and then I'll believe you aren't here to "judge" anyone. Otherwise I'm going to be forced to continue calling you a LIAR.

Not According to you bible. Read matthew 25:31-46 and the Book of James

How many times have Christians asked this question, or a variation thereof? Why are we so rude? Why do we curse at them? Why are we so angry/bitter? Why can’t we be nice?

How many times have Athiests asked this question, or a variation thereof? Why are they so rude? Why do they curse at us? Why are they so angry/bitter? Why can’t they be nice?

*BBQ's the chicken and scrambles the eggs* Who wants brunch?

“Why do Christians expect unbelievers to behave nicely?”

It's simple. To christians we will never reach a higher level of morality since we aren't christians. But they want us to behave nicely for this reason

Would you rather call someone a heathen sinner whose just gonna sit and play nice or would you rather call someone a heathen and a sinner who just might kick your ass?

As a christian I'd want the the non-believers to play nice instead. Whether nice or naughty I can still call them evil and short of the glory of GAWD!!

Fact: Christians claim that the ONLY way that ANYONE (especially us “sinners”) can behave decently (read; be kind, good, forgiving, merciful, faithful, etc.) is to be FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD. Something they tell us WE DON’T HAVE. (But that THEY do.)

Christians aren't filled with a holy spirit either. They just "believe" they are. when in all reality there is nothing there at all. It's all in their delusional imaginations. they aren't "saved" from anything either. All they have is a belief they are saved. When they die they will no longer exist just like non-believers.

How's that for being a "mean" atheist eh?

At least I'm being honest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.