Goodbye Jesus

Is It Really Possible To Be An Ex-christian?

InspectoGeneral

According to the Scriptures, once a person becomes a Christian, they will always be a Christian. A person may be religious, and not be a Christian. A person may be Baptized, and not be a Christian, A person may be a Church member, and not be a Christian.

When God saves you, He makes you a New Creature (II Cor 5:17), seals you with the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13), makes you His child (Jn 1:12). etc. He becomes your Father, it is a relationship. Without the relationship, it is just dead religion, which is pretty rotten.

I propose that those on this board who are not Christians today, never were Christians. In fact, trying to act like a Christian without being one is one of the worst things you can do.

Note: This is my attempt at reasonable dialogue for any who would like to discuss this topic. I am told there are those here who would. I will check back when possible. So if I don't respond, it is because I am away.(This is for those who would accuse me of avoiding a question or comment)

Same questions, different persons.

Heck, it's not possible to be a christian.

Inspecto, you're not a true Christian; you're just pretending.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Does the board have some software in place that generates a new retard every coupla weeks to repost this generic squirrelbrainery? Mods?

Shiva, yeah, I wonder too... maybe it's a virus? A Christian Virus?

In fact, trying to act like a Christian without being one is one of the worst things you can do.
I agree. Especially if you believe that shit about the poison. And ordering mountains into the sea. :Hmm:

Posted by Amanda-

You would be very fortunate for this site to call you family, and a little more respect could still allow that to happen.

Yet doesn't seem to be panning out that way.

Shiva, yeah, I wonder too... maybe it's a virus? A Christian Virus?

Enter The Christianity Meme... :blink:

" Is It Really Possible To Be An Ex-christian?"

Yes. I am one. "The Scriptures" say a lot of things that don't happen in real life.

bdp

"The Scriptures" say a lot of things that don't happen in real life.

Aren't you saying that you were never one in the first place?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Aren't you, by so completely misunderstanding his post, in addition to your vacuous OP, saying that you are an obtuse dunderpate?

Fine. In your opinion, what is a Christian? What qualifies somene to have been a Christian?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Card carrying membership at the Blytheville Arkansas True Christian Church Of Chirst Triclavian Holiness Tabernacle of The Blessed Sweaty Savior - Church of the Americas -" Jesus Only" Temple branch, Inc.

Baptism in pudding is required, for when baptised in water there often remain tiny bubbles of air that cling to the skin and break the holy seal, thus rendering the salvific purpose of the dunking impotent.

You must be baptised in Jesus' name only as was commanded by Peter, the keeper of the keys to the Kingdom, on the day of pentacost.

Acts 2:38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you were baptised in the name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, I'm afraid you are right out, my friend, for even though Jesus used those words in Matthew 28, Jesus also said that whatever Peter bound on earth that he would bind in heaven. Peter's words came after Jesus, and Peter changed the rules a little bit to reflect Jesus' importance above all else. After all, god wouldn't have saved you if it weren't for Jesus. It's his death that saves you, right?

So, Peter commands Jesus only, and since this is the first preaching about how one may receive forgiveness and subsequently the holy spirit, and since Peter had the keys to the kingdom, and since there's no good reason to think that god's gonna change his hard and fast rules and make an exception for you, unless you were baptised in the name of Jesus only, then you were never forgiven, never imbued with the spirit, never saved, and so, of course, never a christian.

Assuming that you do belong to the one true church mentioned above, and that you were indeed baptised in pudding, I would still be surprised to learn that you were actually baptised in the one true holy biblical method. You just don't seem like a real christian to me.

No I'm not.

bdp

What you are saying is that I was deceived into believing I was a christian. I opened my heart to Jesus and allowed him into my life like the christians said I should. I asked him to be my Lord and Saviour just like you christians said I should. I confessed that I was a sinner to Him, just like you christians said I should. I accepted His grace, just like you christians said I should. I truly believed, with all my heard, mind, soul and strength, that I was saved. I had faith. I practised faith. I shared my faith. I did all those things the christians told me that God wanted me to do. I prayed to God, or what I was taught to believe was God, regularly, daily, hourly. I went to church weekly and bible study / home group / whatever. . I made all kinds of sacrifices in my life in order to try to be obedient to Him, giving up well paying jobs, rewarding relationships, and a stable lifestyle in order to try to determine and follow his will and be an effective disciple in doing the work I believed he had set me to do. I did the kinds of things that would make you ashamed of what you call your lazy "faith". I was prepared to DIE for my God. And you come in here and tell me it was all for nothing? ...that I was just pretending?

To use your own apologetic line: why would I make all those sacrifices for a lie?

Let me repeat: why would I make all those sacrifices for a lie?

The only answer I can find, the only conclusion that I can draw, the only answer that makes sense, is that I was deceived. DECEIVED! Deceived into believing I was a christian. Deceived into believing I had faith. Deceived into believing I was saved by his grace. Decieved into believing the Holy Spirit was in me, and writing God's holy law on my heart. I was deceived by "christians" just like yourself, who claim to know oh so much but by making such claims, simply show to the world how much they DON'T know.

And you have the audacity to come in here and claim to know and judge weather or not I was a christian? The fact that you are so lazy that you can't be even bothered to quote the scriptures that back up the claims you made in your first paragraph about what type of christians and non christians there are in the world suggests, betrays the fact, not only that you haven't got a clue about your bible or your faith, but that you don't even want to know. You are just repeating the same ignorant bullshit that some other "christian" who is just as lazy and judgemental as you are told you at church or bible study at some point in the past.

The only person you are deceiving in this thread is yourself. And if you wish to keep deceiving yourself, please do it elsewhere, without burdening us with your ignorant, appalling and offensive insults.

Most of us are indeed ex-xians - according to the Xianity we knew or thought we knew.

Like Hans said, it's impossible to be a Xian according to the Babble - a person cannot believe in a contradiction. And to be a Xian, you'd have to believe in shite-loads of them.

So none of us were ever True Xians. Like our newest troll. I'll bet he isn't a True Believer, either :HaHa:

normally i would never say something to this extent, but InspectoGeneral i don't think is a christian, i think he is a member of this sight that is spoofing.

1 he reffered to hansolo as han, 2 he has the edit button (which i still can't use) 3. his tone and demeanor does not reflect that of a christian who cares, but a person that is trying to piss someone off.

I propose that those on this board who are not Christians today, never were Christians. In fact, trying to act like a Christian without being one is one of the worst things you can do.

The problem with this logic is that there is no way to define who is a Christian except in the negative. That means there's no way to know who actually is, because if at any point they fall away, you can just say they weren't to begin with.

Let me ask you this: How do you know you're a true christian? If, for some reason, you stopped believing, were YOU ever a christian at all?

:shrug:

No, he's saying that the Book describes a type of club membership that is called Christian, and everyone that gets into the club are just that, members of a club. When someone leaves the club, they'll get accused of never been "true" members. If they never were "true" members, it can be explained with that the whole club membership contract is just a fake. There is not true membership of the holy heavenly club. So even if you think that you're a Christian, you're not.

Consider this. When I was Christian, I was certain that I was a full-fledged-all-around-24/7/365-hard-core Christian. I was living the la Vida Christos day and night. I wasn't a weekend Christian. I gave all, and everything, and a little more, and then more than that, because I believed that I believed. Just like you.

So either I was misinformed or deluded, just like you.

Or I was pretending or lying about it, which I know I didn't, but I can't prove to you. But then again, you can't prove to me that you're a perfect all-around-24/7/365 Christian either. So, the answer is, if I was not a Christian, then you are not a Christian.

May I ask you, what were you before you became a Christian? An Atheist? If so, then I can only say that you were never a True Atheist, because Atheists don't become Christians. They can't. They know there is no God, so you were probably Christian since birth... no, since conception even.

According to the Scriptures, once a person becomes a Christian, they will always be a Christian.

Your argument is over in your first four words. This is not "according to the scriptures". This is according to the teachings of John Calvin, who read this from the scriptures. There are other Christians who do not interpret the same verses the same as the Calvinists. The best you can say is "According to the theology of predestination, once a person becomes a Christian, they will always be a Christian." "Once saved always saved" is a theology.

Your statement is crafted in such a way as to state your views as fact according to God, when it reality you are using the name of God falsely. Will you reconsider your wording of this opening statement? If you are unwilling to acknowledge this crucial and factual difference, then there is nothing to discuss, as you do not understand the most basic principles of theology, and I won't waste my time arguing about something this basic.

BTW, A thought for you to throw into your bag of perceptions for your consideration: This site is dedicated to Encouraging ExChristians. It is not to encourage people to become ex-Christian’s, but to be a place of support for those healing from bad experiences with the whole system. Many people take many years to recover from it. Here's the point: If we were not sincere, true Christians, whose hearts were totally devoted to the beliefs, then why all the difficultly to walk away from it and for us to heal from it??

No, you will not be able to take the theology of John Calvin and make it fit the reality of our lives. No way. It was real to us, and you will never convince anyone of us who have cried and agonized over a failed relationship like this that we were never sincere. That is HIGHLY offense of you to suggest otherwise, and I say shame on you for being so out of touch with your own heart to dismiss others this way. What you said is not "according to scriptures", it is according to John Calvin, and those who adopt that view for whatever reason pleases them.

normally i would never say something to this extent, but InspectoGeneral i don't think is a christian, i think he is a member of this sight that is spoofing.

1 he reffered to hansolo as han, 2 he has the edit button (which i still can't use) 3. his tone and demeanor does not reflect that of a christian who cares, but a person that is trying to piss someone off.

Oh great, just after I actually wasted my time responding to him. Good insight freeday. :grin:

I wish members wouldn't do this. A brief gag is one thing, but this gets a little old sometimes.

Good catch freeday!

Okay InspectoGeneral.......STRIP!!!! Who are you really?

Narc-

First of all, thanks for the reply. I don't deserve one after my other thread.

The only answer I can find, the only conclusion that I can draw, the only answer that makes sense, is that I was deceived. DECEIVED! Deceived into believing I was a christian. Deceived into believing I had faith. Deceived into believing I was saved by his grace. Decieved into believing the Holy Spirit was in me, and writing God's holy law on my heart. I was deceived by "christians" just like yourself, who claim to know oh so much but by making such claims, simply show to the world how much they DON'T know.

I am sure that many feel this way. I only know what is real in my life, I can't speak for anyone else, just as you know what is real in your life.

And you have the audacity to come in here and claim to know and judge weather or not I was a christian? The fact that you are so lazy that you can't be even bothered to quote the scriptures that back up the claims you made in your first paragraph about what type of christians and non christians there are in the world suggests, betrays the fact, not only that you haven't got a clue about your bible or your faith, but that you don't even want to know. You are just repeating the same ignorant bullshit that some other "christian" who is just as lazy and judgemental as you are told you at church or bible study at some point in the past.

You just can't win for losing here can you. I could have easily posted a lot of scripture, but then someone would have slammed me for posting a lot of scripture. I have already been informed that the Bible has no place here, even though it is a forum about ex-Christians, of which true Christianity is based on the Bible.( And yes, I realize that most here don't think that the Christianity of today is actually based on the Bible.)

Again. thanks for the responses. I know that I deserve to be ignored.

I won't assume that anyone desires comments unless they ask.

Good catch freeday!

Okay InspectoGeneral.......STRIP!!!! Who are you really?

Maybe because he hasn't been put in the Christian group yet he can edit his posts? I'm not sure what options that group lets you do? Maybe some other Christians can let us know if they can edit or not? Maybe it's a purposeful thing that Christians can't edit? They have to leave what they say up mistakes and all?

If he's a regular/ Spoof I'm sure the Mods will find out soon enough....?

I know you've got alot going on Inspecto, but I'd really like to hear how you can tell a "true" christian from a "religious person" this side of the grave...

Y'know Inspecto....I gotta ask.

Do you really think you are the first christian to come in here and say this? Seriously now. The very first?

You get a 0.0 for originality.

I will give you the same response to this drivel, that I've given several times before.

*ahem*

Regardless of whatever it was we were before, we no longer follow that belief system now. The term Ex-Christian works fine for us, and this is Dave's website so he can title it any damn way he pleases and need not get permission from you and christians like you regarding the biblical accuracy of the term. He doesn't care what you think. I don't care what you think. You want to point fingers at people and claim they never were what they once claimed to be, have fun with that.

We say: "We're not in your club, we don't want to be in you club."

You say: "You were never in the club to begin with!"

Oookay. Fine. But the point isn't what we were. It's what we are NOW. We reject the claims to validity christianity and other organized religions make. That is what we do NOW. But you can't deal with that. You try to attack the BEFORE instead.

Can't deal with the present, so point fingers and insult the past.

Weak.

And pathetic.

Correction, he called me Hans, which is my name. Most don't catch that and call me Han only.

He has Edit button? He shouldn't be able to, spoof or not. :scratch: How did you figure that out?

On #3, yup, I agree. He's a troll alright. Spoof or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.