Goodbye Jesus

Are Your Relatives Christian Enough To Kill You?

KT45

Scott, if you are going to participate in Colosseum discussions, you need to stay on topic. So quit trying to change the subject to focus on YOU and just tell us about the beliefs of your relatives.

*ahem*

My parents are very liberal. If asked their religion, they would return the question: "What do you think we are?" Which....they even do to me. Which is annoying.

I'd say my mom is a fairly liberal christian, and I suspect my dad is a closet deist at most. Either way, they accept my life view (my dad has an easier time than my mom).

My extended family on my dad's side is VERY christian. Also very republican, and also not the least bit open-minded one bit. They are as racist, sexist, and homophobic as you could imagine rural folks who never travel more than 100 miles from the homestead to be.

And I get to go visit them later this month.

Yippee.

They think I'm very quiet. :mellow:

:HaHa::HappyCry:

Actually, I'll just feel like this the whole time: :twitch::twitch::eek::twitch::twitch:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KT45

• Scott

• nick5

• Ouroboros

Top Posters In This Topic

#5. There is also no biblical proof that Christians will have anything to do with the killing of the army of the Beast. Yes, we are the army of Jesus, but in Scripture the only evidence we see for the army of Jesus attacking, is Jesus Himself destroying the army of the Beast, although we will be with Him.

Okay..........so are you christian enough to watch as your loving jesus kills one of your non-christian relatives?

#2.God pours out His wrath on a world that is so cold and unloving it has reject the love of Jesus.

Don't you see what is wrong with this! If I reject my moms love she won't pour her wrath on me. Also the people that I love don't require me to worhsip and priase them.

#3.The "mark takers" are not the poor little victims. In that time, they will kill millions of Christians for not accepting the mark of the beast

I really don't see myself killing people for not doing what I want them to do or do I see myself supporting a government that does this. And if people really did do this, does doing two wrongs make a right?

#4. The armies of the world will not try to defend themselves from God's wrath. The will go to make war with Him under the leadership of the unholy trinity {Satan, Beast, False prophet}.

Don't you see how foolish this sounds. If an immortal deity comes flying out of the sky on a horse you really think someone will point a mere gun at it.

They have rejected His love and His mercy. Now the time of prayer is over, and because you have rejected His awesome love, His judgement comes, the very thing He wanted to protect you from.

How has anyone rejected his love? How u reject love period? I thought his love was unconditional? If Jesus is a real person then people don't reject his love, just the requirements for his love. Worship him, praise him, follow him. Nobody I know that loves me would ever require me to praise them or worship them for their love. They just do.

Taylork, in that time when Jesus Christ returns with His Saints, assuming I have died before or the rapture is actually pretribulational, I will not look at the people I have lived with the same way. While I do and will love them {As Jesus does and will}, I will see them as what they have become; the enemies of God.

While in some ways we can compare the love of God to human love {like parents and their children}, in some ways we cannot compare His love to ours. First and foremost, He is God. He is worthy of all praise and worship. Of course humans, or atleast most humans, don't require worship. The reason for this is they are not God. God is the Creator and He is worthy of all worship and all praise. He would never destroy His children, just like any sane person wouldn't. That's the point though. His children are His children because they are in Christ Jesus. At that time, the armies of the world will be too far gone, and they will actually try to make war with Jesus Christ with all the weapons the world has to offer, but to no avail.

Taylork, in that time when Jesus Christ returns with His Saints, assuming I have died before or the rapture is actually pretribulational, I will not look at the people I have lived with the same way. While I do and will love them {As Jesus does and will}, I will see them as what they have become; the enemies of God.

I assumed as much

God is the Creator and He is worthy of all worship and all praise.

I've created plenty of things. If it came to life i wouldn't care if I created it or not I wouldn't command it to praise me. If I'm a potter I DON'T ASK MY POTS TO PRAISE ME!!!! I'd love my creation anyway like a painter loves his art that he feels is "wonderfully made". In a sense your mother IS your creator. No matter if you rejected her she would still love you! If God can't even match a mothers love then I see no reason to even respect him (I don't believe in god but for the sake of debate lets consider he is real).

He would never destroy His children, just like any sane person wouldn't. That's the point though. His children are His children because they are in Christ Jesus. At that time, the armies of the world will be too far gone, and they will actually try to make war with Jesus Christ with all the weapons the world has to offer, but to no avail.

Now think about this. Lets say you created a bunch of harmless creatures that could never even harm you. And you loved them because they are your beautiful living art. If these harmless creatures tried to attack you would you KILL THEM? Of course not they are harmless! All I would do is laugh until they saw it was futile.

I think my christian relatives would definitely try to kill me.

They would need a truck load of supernatural powers to do it, but they'ld try one way or the other.

Its hard to imagine that that bunch of incompetant morons would be successful - even with supernatural powers - but they are so worried that I might find a way into heaven that they'ld have to make sure I went down up close and personal.

Taylork, in that time when Jesus Christ returns with His Saints, assuming I have died before

..snipped the usual LGPE bullshit and shavings about the assorted rapture thoughts

ly try to make war with Jesus Christ with all the weapons the world has to offer, but to no avail.

Ya know Scottie, for such an intelligent fuc, err, fella, you've got one hellova dis-ability to finish arguments and discussions you've either started or put your size 12's into...

Come up with something that doesn't sound like a cut and paste from our buddy Hal.LGPE and that train of thought and most here might take your posts somewhat more seriously.

kFL

Sorry for not finishing this discussion. I completely forgot about it. But now that I look at it, I pretty much said all I need to say. If everything this thread said is true {pretrib rapture, Christ's saints figthing the people of the earth}, then yes I would fight them. Right then, it will literally be the army of the AntiChrist himself. So yes, without question. Not only that, but like I said before, I won't see them the same way I do now, as my family; but as the enemies of God. That may seem bad to you. But in the Tribulation, you will kill or/and report. people that you love because they will not receive the mark of the beast, for the sake of Christ. So yeah, the Tribulation will be horrible beyond description, for both unbelievers and Christians, regardless what time the rapture will be in respect to the Tribulation.

If everything this thread said is true {pretrib rapture, Christ's saints figthing the people of the earth}, then yes I would fight them.

Can you answer the poll then?

Quick question. If this did happen you and god would be immortals. No human could even hurt you. You make it seem like killing the antichrist army is something you HAVE to do but they pose NO THREAT!! Doesn't it bother you that immortals will be going around killing mere mortals that CAN'T EVEN HARM THEM?!!!

If everything this thread said is true {pretrib rapture, Christ's saints figthing the people of the earth}, then yes I would fight them.

Can you answer the poll then?

Quick question. If this did happen you and god would be immortals. No human could even hurt you. You make it seem like killing the antichrist army is something you HAVE to do but they pose NO THREAT!! Doesn't it bother you that immortals will be going around killing mere mortals that CAN'T EVEN HARM THEM?!!!

That is the judgement of God. The Beast and False prophet must be destroyed because they are in direct lead with Satan and deceived God's creation. The armies of the world must be destroyed because they "they did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness". Not to mention they killed many of the saints and believers in Jesus.

Good job vilifying us again Scott..the way you speak its as if I eat a baby every morning for breakfast and spend my evenings thinking of new ways to piss god off.

Everything you said is exactly right.... you know, except when you speak.

Good job vilifying us again Scott..the way you speak its as if I eat a baby every morning for breakfast and spend my evenings thinking of new ways to piss god off.

Everything you said is exactly right.... you know, except when you speak.

Did I say anything about you? No. But things at that time will be so bad that people will be deceived left and right. Even some who call themselves Christians.

That is the judgement of God. The Beast and False prophet must be destroyed because they are in direct lead with Satan and deceived God's creation.

What lie did satan tell? What did satan ever do scripturally that is more evil than what god/jesus has ever done?

The armies of the world must be destroyed because they "they did not believe the truth
Do you kill everyone who doesn't believe you?

but took pleasure in wickedness".
What wickness?

Not to mention they killed many of the saints and believers in Jesus.
How did they do that if the believers are in heaven? Besides can't god just unharden there hearts? Can't god show them the light like he did to Paul (a person who also killed christians)? Why does god love paul more than them?

Taylork45,

1. Satan tells lies every day, such as "God doesn't exist", "Jesus is not Lord", "Even though the Bible calls this a sin, it's not a sin". In those times, he will tell the lie "I Am God". He will deceive people into worshipping him as God, and all those that don't will be hunted down and killed. He will do this because He wants God's creation to enter into the same damnation he will enter into.

2. I was speaking, assuming the army of Christ will have a part in destroying the army of the Beast. I am guessing in this thread you are "pretending" that Christianity is true. So, in that mind-set, everyone who will not believe in the sacrificial death of Jesus, and His glorious ressurection will face the judgement of God, because they have said "No" to Him; to the truth.

3. The most wicked thing will be continuely denying Jesus as Savior and worshipping the AntiChrist. Along with this will come every type of unclean thing and sin.

4. Assuming that the pretribulation threory is correct, there will be new converts in the time of the Tribulation. Many will be saved, but most will not. Because people would have come to Christ, they will be killed for their faith. He can, but I don't believe He will unharden their hearts. Jesus doesn't bust open the door and force people to worship Him. The Holy Spirit convicts people, that they need Jesus, and alot of times, they say no. Every time the Holy Spirit convicts you, and you say no, your heart hardens a little. If you keep saying no, there will come a time when you will not be able to hear Him at all. God does not love Paul more than them. He is no respecter of persons. Paul acted in ignorance, then He came to faith, so he received mercy. Sometime in this life, you will have to deal with, once and for all, who Jesus really is. This is not to be taken lightly. Your eternal soul depends on it.

1. Satan tells lies every day, such as "God doesn't exist", "Jesus is not Lord", "Even though the Bible calls this a sin, it's not a sin". In those times, he will tell the lie "I Am God". He will deceive people into worshipping him as God, and all those that don't will be hunted down and killed. He will do this because He wants God's creation to enter into the same damnation he will enter into.

I really wanted a scriptural example of where satan lies to someone. But how do you KNOW which one, god or satan, is the father of lies? What has satan done that is more evil compared to the evil God has done?

everyone who will not believe in the sacrificial death of Jesus, and His glorious ressurection will face the judgement of God, because they have said "No" to Him; to the truth.
You shouldn't KILL people because they don't believe in any truth. Do you kill someone who doesn't believe in gravity? No. Why can't you see this is wrong?

The most wicked thing will be continuely denying Jesus as Savior and worshipping the AntiChrist.
So basically your saying everyone who doesn't believe in your god and worships something other than your god is WORTHY OF DEATH

He can, but I don't believe He will unharden their hearts.
Yeah he seems to enjoy hardening them more than anything

God does not love Paul more than them. He is no respecter of persons. Paul acted in ignorance, then He came to faith, so he received mercy.
Sigh...Yes he does. Jesus provided Paul with evidence for his existance. Not only did he get a nice little vision, he also got blinded for 3 days. If jesus loved every unbeliever equally he would provide each with evidence for his existance. He doesn't.

:) Post #700. I'm moving on up in the world

Taylork,

1. In 2 Thess. 2:4, the man of sin proclaims himself God. He is also called the AntiChrist or the Beast. He will be deceiving the whole world into worshipping Him. That may be his biggest lie. What has Satan done that was evil? Well, I would say trying to throw God from His thrown is a little on the evil side. God has done no evil...He cannot go against Himself.

2. Jesus Christ's death and ressurection is His gift to us. We receive this gift by believing in Him. If we don't fully believe in Him to save us from our sins, His blood does not cover our sins, and we have to pay for them ourselves; by death in hell.

3. That's what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches the wages of sin are death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

4. Paul teaches in Romans 1, if we can see all the things around us, all of creation, all the things that God made, we will have no excuse on the Day of Judgement for not believing in Him.

Scott please stop typing in bold letters. Also include my post with your responses. It's annoying going back and forth.

Taylork,

1.Well, I would say trying to throw God from His thrown is a little on the evil side.

Where is this in the bible?

God has done no evil...He cannot go against Himself.
Is killing evil, genocide evil, making laws saying it's okay to steal wives evil, is killing children evil, is threatening evil, is killing innocent evil? God has done all these. If you don't consider god doing these evil, what is evil to you? What would god have to do for you to consider him evil?

Jesus Christ's death and ressurection is His gift to us. We receive this gift by believing in Him. If we don't fully believe in Him to save us from our sins, His blood does not cover our sins, and we have to pay for them ourselves; by death in hell.
Belief is not really a choice. You either can believe or you can't. You can try to believe, and even fake it, but in the end you either do or you don't. Killing and torturing people for something they have NO CONTROL OVER is evil as hell.

So basically your saying everyone who doesn't believe in your god and worships something other than your god is WORTHY OF DEATH
That's what the Bible teaches.
The quran teaches the same. Doesn't make it right!

4. Paul teaches in Romans 1, if we can see all the things around us, all of creation, all the things that God made, we will have no excuse on the Day of Judgement for not believing in Him

All that supposedly proves is that god exist and many religions do. there is plenty of excuse for not believing in god. Like no proof. Jesus obviously loves paul more because he gave him PROOF! He doesn't love other unbelievers because he doesn't.

Scott please stop typing in bold letters. Also include my post with your responses. It's annoying going back and forth.

Taylork,

1.Well, I would say trying to throw God from His thrown is a little on the evil side.

Where is this in the bible?

God has done no evil...He cannot go against Himself.
Is killing evil, genocide evil, making laws saying it's okay to steal wives evil, is killing children evil, is threatening evil, is killing innocent evil? God has done all these. If you don't consider god doing these evil, what is evil to you? What would god have to do for you to consider him evil?

Jesus Christ's death and ressurection is His gift to us. We receive this gift by believing in Him. If we don't fully believe in Him to save us from our sins, His blood does not cover our sins, and we have to pay for them ourselves; by death in hell.
Belief is not really a choice. You either can believe or you can't. You can try to believe, and even fake it, but in the end you either do or you don't. Killing and torturing people for something they have NO CONTROL OVER is evil as hell.

That's what the Bible teaches.
The quran teaches the same. Doesn't make it right!

4. Paul teaches in Romans 1, if we can see all the things around us, all of creation, all the things that God made, we will have no excuse on the Day of Judgement for not believing in Him

All that supposedly proves is that god exist and many religions do. there is plenty of excuse for not believing in god. Like no proof. Jesus obviously loves paul more because he gave him PROOF! He doesn't love other unbelievers because he doesn't.

Why do you want me to stop typing in bold letters?

1. Isaiah 14 talks about how Satan wanted to be equal with God and Revelation 12 talks about there being war in heaven.

2. God would have to deny entrance into heaven for those who truly believe in Him for me to consider Him evil. But since God cannot go against Himself, and God cannot lie, Christians have nothing to worry about. He is not evil.

3. Correction: Belief is a choice.

4. I believe in the Bible, not the quran. If the God of the Bible is real, then whatever He says is right.

5. There is proof that God exists; the universe.

sorry about the bold letters. My post screwed up some how.

Why do you want me to stop typing in bold letters?

annoyance. Oh and don't quote the whole post. Just quote what you are answering

Isaiah 14 talks about how Satan wanted to be equal with God
It talks about Lucifer which is a reference to the babylonian king. Read this, it's from hebrew scholars so it is legit. http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp...;search=LuciferSeptuagint translation of "Helel [read "Helal"] ben Shaḥar" (= "the brilliant one," "son of the morning"), name of the day, or morning, star, to whose mythical fate that of the King of Babylon is compared in the prophetic vision (Isa. xiv. 12-14). It is obvious that the prophet in attributing to the Babylonian king boastful pride, followed by a fall, borrowed the idea from a popular legend connected with the morning star

God would have to deny entrance into heaven for those who truly believe in Him
Many do believe in God. But will send them to hell for calling him a different name like Allah, or Ganesh or Karishna. By your definition he is evil

Correction: Belief is a choice.
I can't make a choice on what I believe. I either believe it or I don't. Simple as that.

I believe in the Bible, not the quran. If the God of the Bible is real, then whatever He says is right.
You miss the point. A lot of books say that if you don't follow that books belief you are worthy of death. It doesn't make it right

There is proof that God exists; the universe.
You are correct, the universe is perfect proof. The one true god, Allah, is real. The proof is right there and I can't deny it. Thanks for showing me the light.

1. "You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there, you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in all your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness was found in you" Ezekiel 28:14-15

2. Every God is not Jesus Christ. Only Jesus can take away our sins. You see, that is the thing, sin seperates us from God. No other god can take away our sins, to let us in the presence of the eternal, most holy Father.

3. Belief is a choice. Alot of times Christians go through hard times, and the easiest thing would be just to stop believing. Yet, we strive to believe God will be faithful to His Word.

4. Yes, they do say that.

5. I wasn't talking about any god specifically. But the existence of the universe is proof that God exists. There is a God that created it all.

1. "You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there, you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in all your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness was found in you" Ezekiel 28:14-15

So the evil thing satan did was be unrighteous? Wow he sure is evil :rolleyes: Find me a story where satan does something evil!

Every God is not Jesus Christ. Only Jesus can take away our sins. You see, that is the thing, sin seperates us from God. No other god can take away our sins, to let us in the presence of the eternal, most holy Father.
Allah can take away sins. You should study more. "He is the One that accepts repentance from His servants and forgives sins" (Holy Qur’an 42:25)......"

3. Belief is a choice. Alot of times Christians go through hard times, and the easiest thing would be just to stop believing. Yet, we strive to believe God will be faithful to His Word.
You can't disbelieve something you feel is truth

5. I wasn't talking about any god specifically. But the existence of the universe is proof that God exists. There is a God that created it all.

No. There are other plausible explainations. The universe doesn't prove there is a god. A creator is just a possible explaination, not a proof.

1."By the abundance of your trade you were internally filled with violence...Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor."

Ezekiel 28:16, 17. He was filled with violence and pride because of his beauty.

2. Well, there are alot of religions in the world. I guess we have to make our own descisions on who to follow. I choose to believe in the Bible.

3. Agreed.

4. I believe the existence of the universe is perfect proof of the existence of God.

Other: I was the Christian nut in my family. They were much relieved when I deconverted.

I am on same boat as you chefranden - my family would be right at my side ready to be killed by my supposed friends from Church that my parents had never liked all along. *sigh* - my folks are always right!

1."By the abundance of your trade you were internally filled with violence...Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor."

Ezekiel 28:16, 17. He was filled with violence and pride because of his beauty.

That passage is about the king of Tyre. Read passage 2 and 12. God is telling Ezekiel to call the king of tyre those things. Nothing about satan at all. Find another passage where satan is doing something more evil than what god has done.

Well, there are alot of religions in the world. I guess we have to make our own descisions on who to follow. I choose to believe in the Bible.
I have no problem with that

4. I believe the existence of the universe is perfect proof of the existence of God.

Keyword, believe.