Jonbenet Ramsey's Killer Found?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JP_*

Guest_JP_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

An arrest was made today in Thailand in connection to JonBenet's murder.

http://www.rockymoun...4921245,00.html

#2 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Innominatus, 3/4 Curmudgeon, arrogant übermench bully

• 31,647 posts
  • Interests:Beer, cooking, gardening
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Naturalistic Pan(en)theis

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

I just saw the headlines too!

And the parents were persecuted by the investigating police all these years, and the mom died recently of cancer. Never had a chance to see the arrest. If this person is guilty, and convicted, we'll see a lawsuit of gazillions dollars from the dad, for the police screwing up investigation.

#3 Caretaker

Caretaker

KHAAAAN!

• 2,917 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Math, Star Trek, Bowling, Star Trek, Bicycling, Star Trek.

Did I mention Star Trek?
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Pure (and impure) mathematics

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

Holy Shnikees... Has it really been that long?

Now, I just hope this is a real suspect, and not another Bruno Richard Hauptmann
Spider Pig!
Spider Pig!
Does whatever a spider pig does!
Can he swing...
...from a web?
No he can't!
He's a pig!
Look out!
He is a spider pig!

#4 Chad3232132

Chad3232132

Infidel

• Atheist
  • 1,245 posts
  • Interests:Pissing off Christians, Sports, Blogging, Pissing off Christians
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Athiest

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:20 PM

Well I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. For all those years I was SURE the parents killed Jon Benet themselves. I was shocked a year or so ago when the DNA revealed it wasn't them.

Hopefully they got the right guy this time.

#5 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

• 31,647 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:24 PM

Well I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. For all those years I was SURE the parents killed Jon Benet themselves. I was shocked a year or so ago when the DNA revealed it wasn't them.

Me too. We are misled by the media that want us to judge people as guilty before there is any evidence against them. The "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't work anymore, because justice is done through the opinions of media.

Hopefully they got the right guy this time.

Sure hope so too.

#6 Fweethawt

Fweethawt

Fully Human

• 7,952 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuff.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Nope

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

I still have trouble understanding what the big freakin' deal is about this girl's murder. :shrug:

There's children getting killed every single day by their parents and other people, and nobody is making a big deal about it.

Then you have stuff like this that we've heard about for years.

I just don't get it. :shrug:

I am a mouse who enjoys munching on cat food from time to time.
Does that make me a cannibal?

#7 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

• 31,647 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

Reason: Cute, Blonde, White and a Model.

#8 Caretaker

Caretaker

KHAAAAN!

• 2,917 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Math, Star Trek, Bowling, Star Trek, Bicycling, Star Trek.

Did I mention Star Trek?

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

And female.

http://en.wikipedia...._Woman_Syndrome

Not to dismiss any cases of missing beautiful white girls, but I find it rather insulting that the media only seems to focus on this certain demographic of missing persons.
Spider Pig!
Spider Pig!
Can he swing...
...from a web?
No he can't!
He's a pig!
Look out!
He is a spider pig!

#9 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

• 31,647 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

Oh, I forgot that, female is 5 points, and she was a kid, which adds 1-2 extra point too.

#10 Guest_JP_*

Guest_JP_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

I think the fact she was involved in beauty pageants had something to do with it as well.

I too always thought it was the parents.

#11 Asimov

Asimov

Polemist

• Atheist
  • 4,941 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Sam Harris

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

Well now I can rest easy knowing that I don't have to read anymore "NEW EVIDENCE INDICATES JONBENET'S PARENTS REALLY DID IT!!!" on those stupid gossip rags.
"In all of my research on politics, I've come to a conclusion:
The left is retarded, and the right is insane.
So which is worse?
The moderates. They're half-retarded and half-insane. "

- Valgeir

#12 Taphophilia

Taphophilia

Humanist

• 3,486 posts
  • Interests:Books, museums, traveling (domestic, foreign, interstellar), warping time, folding space.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Porcelain God. (but only when I drink)

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:54 PM

I knew they were innocent. Here is why, sexual preditors don't have just one victim. They have many, many, many. If they had done it, victims would have come out of the woodwork and the media would have shouted from the rooftops.

There was also another attack nine months later:
http://www.cbsnews.c...ain661569.shtml

"There's a Dance West school where the victim of the assault in our case, the one that we investigated, and the Ramsey girl, both attended," says former Denver private investigator Pete Peterson, who now believes Jon Benet was first targeted at that dance studio because of what happened to his client, just nine months after JonBenet was murdered.

Like JonBenet, she took lessons at Dance West. And like JonBenet, another girl, who is identified as "Amy," was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her own bedroom on Sept. 14, 1997.

That night, Amy's father was out of town. After catching a movie, Amy and her mother returned home late. What they didn't know when they entered the house was that there was already an intruder inside.

Amy's father, who asked that his identity be obscured, agreed to talk about what happened that night: "My feeling is he got into the house while they were out and hid inside the house, so he would have been in there for perhaps four to six hours, hiding."

Before going to bed, Amy's mother turned on the burglar alarm. Around midnight, Amy woke up to find a man standing over her bed, his hand over her mouth. "She remembered the intruder addressing her by her name," says Peterson. "He said, 'I know who you are.' He repeated those things a few times, apparently. 'I'll knock you out. Shut up.'"

Peterson says Amy's mother heard whispering, and proceeded through the doorway, and saw a person, who just brushed her aside and quickly made his escape by jumping out a second-floor window.

"He was like a ghost," recalls Amy's father. "We couldn't figure out where he came from, or where he went."

By the time the Boulder police arrived, the man was long gone. Because the intruder had gotten in and out of the house so easily, Amy's father began to think this wasn't the first time he had done something like this.

"The first thing that occurred to us was that it was the parallel to the Ramsey case because it was exactly the same situation," says Amy's father, who even told the Boulder police about the Dance West studio connection to the Ramsey case. "I think someone, somewhere, drew a bead on her. Obviously had us under surveillance that we were not aware of."

The studio has since gone out of business and been torn down, but photos show that there was a balcony overlooking the dance floor where parents and anyone else could come in and watch the children.

But Amy's dad says that when he told the police detectives about the information he had, "they were completely uninterested in it."

"They were very frustrated," says Peterson. "It was difficult to get them to do anything much less, you know, beyond taking a report."

But not only did the Boulder police dismiss any link to the Ramsey case, they didn't even bother to use the mother's eyewitness description to make a composite sketch. That's when Amy's family hired Peterson. What he has uncovered in his investigation may not only solve Amy's case, but also help lead to the capture of JonBenet's killer.

"This person is someone with a huge ego, someone who views himself as bold," says Peterson, who believes there are too many parallels between Amy's case and JonBenet's murder.

Both JonBenet and Amy were sexually assaulted by an intruder at night in their homes -- within nine months of each other. Fiber evidence shows that JonBenet's attacker may have been wearing black, as was the man who attacked Amy. And there's the fact that both girls took lessons at the Dance West studio.

Edited by Taphophilia, 16 August 2006 - 11:15 PM.

O the stale old dogs who pretend to guard
the morals of the masses,
how smelly they make the great back-yard
wetting after everyone that passes.

-- The Young and Their Moral Guardians

#13 Vigile

Vigile

Fully Human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 25,469 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Nebbiolo, devushki and Kerouac.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:15 AM

This is a great example of how the police are given way too much power, why we should never give them the benefit of the doubt, and how the justice system can sometimes be anything but. "Distrust authority" seems to be more and more a slogan of good advice as opposed to an easily disregarded biproduct of teen angst.
It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.
-Voltaire

#14 willybilly30

willybilly30

Free Thinker

• 1,985 posts
  • Interests:religion, meditation, and science
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :I am god of my own life so there!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:14 PM

I been watching news about this alot cause this guy lived in the town I live in.
He lived in hamilton alabama when he was 12 and the yearbook came from the highschool at hamilton.
I never knew him but I don't think he did it his ex wife says he was with her on christmas and his story don't fit the autopsy.
I wish hamilton could get on the news for something besides muder I mean does it take a murder to get your town noticed?

#15 Thurisaz

Thurisaz

Warrior of Thor

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 8,391 posts
  • Interests:GURPS, The 'Thief' series, EVE Online, and more.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The Asgard gang (Nordic/Germanic heathenry)

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

What kind of sick business is this anyway, this "children beauty contest" stuff?! :vent:

Call me a bigot if you want to, but having a child of, how old, six years?, doing the catwalk playing sexy like an adult would seems to equal an invitation to sex offenders "come and take me!", to me at least!

What is it really with these preteen fashion dolls over at your place?!

(Of course that's no excuse for the murderer, but dammit, does one have to do these contests?!)
Debussy didn't believe in God. He didn't believe in the establishment. He didn't believe in burgeois convention. He didn't believe in Beethoven or Wagner. He believed in... Debussy.

(The Art of Noise, "The holy egoism of genius", from the CD "The seduction of Claude Debussy")

#16 Caretaker

Caretaker

KHAAAAN!

• 2,917 posts

Did I mention Star Trek?

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

I been watching news about this alot cause this guy lived in the town I live in.
He lived in hamilton alabama when he was 12 and the yearbook came from the highschool at hamilton.
I never knew him but I don't think he did it his ex wife says he was with her on christmas and his story don't fit the autopsy.
I wish hamilton could get on the news for something besides muder I mean does it take a murder to get your town noticed?

You could find your town on the national news one morning for a case of a man taking it from a horse.......

http://seattletimes....8_horse15m.html
Spider Pig!
Spider Pig!
Can he swing...
...from a web?
No he can't!
He's a pig!
Look out!
He is a spider pig!

#17 willybilly30

willybilly30

Free Thinker

• 1,985 posts
  • Interests:religion, meditation, and science
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :I am god of my own life so there!

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

I guess ongly gross or bizarre things gets your town in the news lol

You could find your town on the national news one morning for a case of a man taking it from a horse.......

http://seattletimes....8_horse15m.html

#18 scitsofreaky

scitsofreaky

Apostate

• 863 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :impersonal yet personal. huh?

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:52 AM

First, I'd like to point out that I live in CO and this is all that is on the news. It seems that all they are going on is what he said, they haven't even been able to establish that he has ever been in Boulder. It seems to be in the realm of possibility that he became so obsessed with her after the murder because of the media coverage that he has become delusional and thinks that he had a relationship with her.
This is going to sound callous (probably because it is), but I want this case solved just so I don't have to hear about it. It seems like whenever news is really slow, they just do some story about it. It got old really, really fast.
Know thyself, be true to thyself
"I don't wanna sing about freedom anymore, I wanna see it, I wanna feel it."~BoySetsFire

#19 Vigile

Vigile

Fully Human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 25,469 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Nebbiolo, devushki and Kerouac.

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

Here's an idea. What if he really did do it, but is being purposely inconsistant and contradictory in order to poison the well at his future hearing? It would be a genius strategy if they can't pin any DNA evidence on him.
It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.
-Voltaire

#20 Lightbearer

Lightbearer

Apostate

• 721 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Myself

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:16 AM

Yeah the media has thrown the whole innocent until proven guilty thing out the window.

I feel bad for Jon Benet and her family, but I am kind of sick of hearing abotu Jon Mark Karr... he is everywhere now.

I heard sometimes people like this confess to crimes to get attention like this, or because they feel guilty about another crime.

He just have to wait and see.

"Ask youself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves--or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." -- Ayn Rand.

Ex.Christian.net's Theme Song -- 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users