Goodbye Jesus

Anti-cosmic Satanism

Guest Azerate218

He had use for its methods... but so did Stalin and Pohl Pot. The ones in the Third Reich management team who did believe that stuff were Goebbels, Bormann and Speer. dear old Adolph was pretty much a pragmatist, you did what you did to gain and hold power.

By methods you would mean the theory was turned into the practice of massed rallies, mass hypnotism and mass hysteria? One commenter at the time said it was as though Hitler "had an antenna for the feelings of the German people that others lacked". I recall even one of his enemies appearing on TV years later and saying that when he attended one of the rallies, "Well he started talking the same rot he always talked, but somehow I felt very sad that I couldn't throw myself into that warm, bubbling pot".

Occult methods? Or mere mastery of parish-pumping and windbaggery?

Casey

"Occult methods? Or mere mastery of parish-pumping and windbaggery?"

It's the same thing. Look at the torchlit rallies. you have flickering lights, insistant music, and then his delivery...

Basically it's Billy Graham in uniform... and it's the same method used in Voodoo ceremonies and dancing naked a Stonehenge Gardnerian shite.

Effectively it's like going to a rave without all of that sordid drug taking.

The target effect is a 'mystical' experience (not wildly different on EEG to a petit mal seizure...) such that who ever is delivering the message is see as larger than life, connected to some higher power, and is very hard to disbelieve.

The 'occult' (as in hidden) part of these things is largely that people don't know about the methods... Rhythm and metre are key, as are lighting.

Personal experience. I once attended a candle lit reading of Tyndale's NT in Gloucester dialect... in a pub. It was hypnotic. Same with Shakespeare under similar circumstance in Warwickshire dialect...

Very true. Satanism is just down-to-earth philosophy and psychology dressed up with pretty black ribbons. A little silly at times in the ritual department, but that's the disposable element of Satanism. The rationalist ethics are the meat and potatoes of it.

Satanism is just atheist self-empowerment really. I've always wondered why they call themselves Satanists at all, since believing in a devil doesn't necessarily have any place in Satanism. I guess it's just to piss off christians and to adopt Satan as a symbol for hedonism, integrity and freedom of thought.

I've always wondered why they call themselves Satanists at all, since believing in a devil doesn't necessarily have any place in Satanism. I guess it's just to piss off christians and to adopt Satan as a symbol for hedonism, integrity and freedom of thought.

That's how I've always thought of it.

I would have thought Lucifer, as the Bringer of Light, or maybe Prometheus would be better than just 'The Adversary' in Arabic....

Eh - don't blame LaVey for this one.

I'm sure Jun isn't. Rather, he's blaming the OP's silly take on what LaVey created, I believe.

Yep!

Guest Azerate218
Well you have asked us to share our thoughts, here's mine with some questions.

From that site -

Satanism is the path leading us away from the "creation of god" towards the divinity of one's own soul.

One's own "soul." You believe we have a "soul?"

Satanism is the only thing that makes life worth living.

I've heard Christians say that Christianity is the only thing that makes life worth living. Muslims say that Islam is the only thing that makes life worth living. Hindus say......................

Being Anti-cosmic Satanists, as we are, we know that we consist of body, soul/astral body and spirit/the black flame. Every time we die, the body and the astral body is killed and the cosmic prana/life-force these two bodies contain is being sucked back into cosmos being recycled in the cosmic circulation.

Er, sounds like it's based on Hindu belief there.

Where is this "soul?" Where does it travel to after death and how does it know where to go? And who has been there to witness it and came back to describe it?

Some black magicians are able, through the practice of vampirism, to program their astral bodies to feed upon the life-force of other living creatures after the death of their own physical body.

Vampirism, astral bodies, life-force, black magicians?

I'm sorry, I have trouble taking this seriously. Is this genuine?

No disrespect mean't towards you at all. It just sounds...well....like something from a sci-fi movie.

Yes, I believe in souls and whatnot. I know, I'm crazy. :) After death, the soul is recycled unless your black flame is burning. If your black flame is burning, you join the Anti-Cosmic gods.

As for vampires, they are talking about astral vampirism, which is leeching off of another person's soul.

Also, LaVey has nothing to do with this form of Satanism. Anti-Cosmic Satanism is pretty much the same thing as Chaos Gnosticism, which I believe has Sumerian origins.

Definitely, Hitler made fine use of aesthetics, just as fine a use as many Xian sects have. The ability of religionists to affect human emotions through ceremony and display were tools employed by the Reich successfully. Who isn't moved by a torchlit ceremony at night?

I've always wondered why they call themselves Satanists at all, since believing in a devil doesn't necessarily have any place in Satanism. I guess it's just to piss off christians and to adopt Satan as a symbol for hedonism, integrity and freedom of thought.

That's how I've always thought of it.

Bear in mind LaVey came from a society more Xian than the one we live in now, so "Satanism" was more fun and rebellious a term to use. Never underestimate the importance of aesthetics in Satanism.

That, and the Satan myths of the Old Testament do render "Satanism" as a fitting term for an anti-xian philosophy. If it's true that even the worst human ideas have some merit, however small, then the Satan myths are the merit to be found in the Bible, I'd say.

I would have thought Lucifer, as the Bringer of Light, or maybe Prometheus would be better than just 'The Adversary' in Arabic....

I'd agree, especially with Prometheus, who is just as fine an anti-xian symbol as Satan, though I personally have no issue with the use of Satan, either. It's still fitting.

Perhaps using a word with clear Semitic origins was also his nod to his Jewish roots...?

Book of Job..Basically Satan is God's lackey...

• 2 months later...
Satanism is just atheist self-empowerment really. I've always wondered why they call themselves Satanists at all, since believing in a devil doesn't necessarily have any place in Satanism. I guess it's just to piss off christians and to adopt Satan as a symbol for hedonism, integrity and freedom of thought.

There's also the 'adversary' definition, in addition to the part about scaring and pissing off Christians.

Interesting, I originally typoed that into 'Christiants'......LOL - like little Jesus ants crawling all over the place....

Let me state straight out: Satanism is BULLSHIT, stupid and dangerous. There is NO supernatural, NO spooks, no spirits. Fortune-telling is a fraud. ESP is a fraud. There is no "god".

Let me state straight out: Satanism is BULLSHIT, stupid and dangerous. There is NO supernatural, NO spooks, no spirits. Fortune-telling is a fraud. ESP is a fraud. There is no "god".

Have you even read this thread? Several people have posted how Satanism is exactly what you just said - it does not promote the supernatural or spooks or spirits, and it has nothing to do with fortune-telling or ESP............or god.

Perhaps you should do a bit of research?

Couldn't even force myself to read it all.

Sounded too much like a 14 year old boy's poor attempt at fantasy writing.

But, hey, if it makes life worth living...

(I love fantasy, by the way. Except for when it tries to pretend it's real life.)

Book of Job..Basically Satan is God's lackey...

He seems not so much a lackey as an old buddy who's the head honcho of a different organization.

Couldn't even force myself to read it all.

Sounded too much like a 14 year old boy's poor attempt at fantasy writing.

But, hey, if it makes life worth living...

(I love fantasy, by the way. Except for when it tries to pretend it's real life.)

Agreed. I got about two sentences in and it was already talking total metaphysical garbage.

If I wanted to read a fairy tale, I'd check out the Grimm brothers' collection.

Satanism is nothing for me. It's all too close to the Images the Names rise in my head. Always think: Satan is a fallen Angel not a God. If you follow Satan – especialy named as Satan you have to believe in God as the one he opose. Doesn't that makes you a Christian?

A somewhat chaotic and oposing force is a good mirror to the standarts of morals and believe. In polytheistic religions there is always a trikster, Loki in the Asatruan, the Kitsune in Shintoism and Coyote in the indian system or Eris in the Greek for example.

That way it is already part of my religion. Satanism always seems do be somewhat pure negativ. Cannot figure it as a whole only a part of something. And the something is most of the time xtianity...