Goodbye Jesus

You're Kidding Me... Right?

webmdave

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, yes, yes And I love it when christians say to me oh so smuggly,"well, after all, evolution is just a theory."

• 2 weeks later...

"We. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Like. You.

You are not the droids we're looking for"

HAHAHA!!!

This was great. Laughing boost serotonin and is so much better than praying. Thank you. Less Prozac for the day! :-)

I agree- they think they get these words from God. I had one start and I said something to the effect that God told me to tell him to shut up. I did itin a very serius way, not "shut up" but that God was warning him to stop meddling,e tc.

Scared the shit out of him, but he was scaring me because it was when I was first freed from the nightmare and he was trying to drag me back.

I had to "blaspheme" extra long in my car to get over the superstitious wave that began to take hold for a second.

I put that in quotes because there is no such thing as blasphemy. If I bark at a tree and say, "TREE DAMMIT! DOG DAMMIT! BLOODY TREE CUT IN HALF WITH SAP OOZING OUT EVERYWHERE......" Well, who gives a shit? Same with God. God=tree.

Well now that Im less of a hypocrite than I was as a Christian, arent they supposed to bring an exChristian back gently---even satan knows a little honey goes a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

While that was awesome, just a little thing bugged me - "We do not want to be like you."

That's pretty much all I heard when I was a Christian in a Christian community. We were "not to be like those godless atheists" and whatnot. We did not want to be like them. We were better. They were lost, blind.

And I don't like that attitude in non-Christians, either.

Though in a strict sense it's true - Christians generally trust emotion and subjective experience in the place of logic and reason, and in that way we certainly do not want to be like them. In that sense *alone* it is true.

But I personally am very wary of the ease in which we can slip into a sort of twisted 'smarter than thou' stance, so as long as we're careful of that I think we should be good. =P

It's human nature I guess, but I REALLY don't want to be like them. It's not the bit where they trust emotion and subjective experience, because frankly I still trust those things, it's the part where they think they have all the answers. I don't have much time for anyone who thinks they have all the answers, regardless of their beliefs. I think its more their ego that it is all about, not what they believe. I have also noticed this seems to be more of a problem with men than women, not sure why.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've got to laugh when those people venture on here. And wonder what they're thinking.

God has told me.....in no uncertain terms.... that he Does not exist... God Said it.. I believe it

Okay, listen up, all of you.

We. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Like. You.

You are not the droids we're looking for. You are not exhibiting traits that we want to emulate. Rather, you personify many damaging behaviours and beliefs that we've already discarded.

We are EX-Christians. Any faith we may have once possessed is not merely tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk... It is bereft of life, and pushing up the daisies. Yea verily, what part of "EX" dost thou not understand?

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2008/03...g-me-right.html

Hell yea! Sign me up for another hitch! We should have our own flag! :goodjob: That post was particularly motivating for me!

• 3 months later...

I'm sure I've read this before, but clearly I didn't comment, so I'm just going to say - yup 'bout sums it up for me :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest ThereIsNoGod

My mother then with a rude tone says, "angels picked up our car and moved it, there's your experiences!"

From here I feel sorry for you mom, but in your shoes....being her daughter and having to go through that all the time....god, what do you say?

i have experiences dealing with the mentally ill. I dunno where the line is between pitying someone and resenting someone.

NICE, I wondered why I didn't see any Christians around here, someone is serving an ass whooping.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yep. Perfect. :)

• 1 month later...

good OP.I think we can all rember thinking those things even if we didn't actually say them to folk who had frred themselves before us.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so good. I am glad I came back!

We. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Like. You.

A-to-the-mother-fucking-MEN!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome and well-spoken. I love it.

• 10 months later...

Great post indeed. Ever since becoming an ex c I am so annoyed by the attitude of Christians. I don't want to be.. But when reading posts on Facebook or hearing people talk about Gods will in their life etc... I just feel like inserting my opinion or saying something a bit snarky. Then I look back, and remember feeling like they did and wanting everyone to feel the same way.. Barf. I don't want to bust anyone's Christian bubble though... Especially if they are happy that way, I just don't buy that shiet anymore.

I am so thankful for this site and all the fellow exc's here. Has been a breath of fresh, logical, and rational fresh air!! Thanks guys!!!

• 2 weeks later...

God damn, I am out of Peanut Butter!

This is surely a sign the Armageddon is coming, the bullshit from the bible is completely true and God's anger has reached a fevered pitch!

Great post indeed. Ever since becoming an ex c I am so annoyed by the attitude of Christians. I don't want to be.. But when reading posts on Facebook or hearing people talk about Gods will in their life etc... I just feel like inserting my opinion or saying something a bit snarky. Then I look back, and remember feeling like they did and wanting everyone to feel the same way.. Barf. I don't want to bust anyone's Christian bubble though... Especially if they are happy that way, I just don't buy that shiet anymore. I am so thankful for this site and all the fellow exc's here. Has been a breath of fresh, logical, and rational fresh air!! Thanks guys!!!

I find myself wanting to troll Christians with logical all the time.

They rub their shit in people's faces all the time, thinking it's for the good of all.

So part of me thinks, if they can talk freely about the mental illness known as Christianity I too, should be free to talk about what utter crap it is.

I had to take tons of people off my Facebook just to stop reading the God crap every day.

Epicon, I totally understand the inclination, but trolling won't work. After all, don't most Christians feel the same way about wanting to sock us between the eyes with Jesus and the bible? Ironically, what works best is the same thing that seems to work best within the confines of Christianity: letting the life you lead be the real example. You can't force someone to "get" atheism any more than they can force us to "get" Christianity. 

• Like 1

Logic doesn't work on Christians.  There is a good reason to take apart Christian dogma with the sledge hammer of logic but that exercise is for the benefit of newly deconverted.  But don't waste your time trying to change the mind of a Christian.  Christianity has anticipated that move and already warned it's sheep against that threat.  They have to abandon faith before they will listen to logic.

• 3 months later...

When Xers start to talk, this is what I hear: 

post-7213-0-80455700-1370646409_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dont forget Yer gunnnnnnaah BERN!!!!!!

• Like 1

The OP covers it so well. Also the video of Dr. Darrel Ray on another thread was really

good. He said, like My Mistake, that it is a waste of time to use logic on Xtians.

Absolutely true, even though I still find myself trying to do so. He also said that he

does not try to deconvert Xtians. Why should we? However, political issues are another

matter. Right on! If Xtians are satisfied with their faith, we certainly don't have any

moral duty to try to change their minds. If they will just leave me the hell alone. bill