Goodbye Jesus

What's The Deal With Satanism?

Vomit Comet

So... Tiamat is Satan? And Gnosticism is Satanism?

Chaos-Gnosticism is Satanism

but no Tiamat is not Satan

Tiamat was the queen of the dark gods...she was killed to make the earth

sounds more inane than christianity

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SitraAhraLifotachKliffot

• Ouroboros

• Kuroikaze

• par4dcourse

the point is to not be constricted by rules..but these guidelines will make life better...a true satanist will follow them
This makes no sense. First, you say the point isn't to be constricted by rules and that these are guidelines, then you turn around and say you have to follow the rules to be a true Satanist. Which is it? If you have to follow the rules to be a true Satanist, then you are being constricted by rules. If the point isn't to be constricted by rules, then you shouldn't have to follow them to be a true anything. You sound like you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. It's the whole "the bible isn't a rulebook, it's a guide but you better follow it or else" argument that Christians use all over again.

Hi, Sitra!

youve played D&D...WTF?

i dont know how you see a relationship between the 2...but darkness/chaos has nothing to do with some retarded ass game

and strength and power arent dangerous...you must strive for power and strength

External power and strength, eh? Isn't it better to strive for love and inner strength as seeing external power and strength leads to wars and perpetual conflicts? Come over to the side of laughter and smiles. :)

wrath lets out hate,a natural emotion(it takes no time)

It is indeed but too much of it and "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Yoda from the Phantom Menace. Too much anger and you will suffer accordingly.

the point is to not be constricted by rules..but these guidelines will make life better...a true satanist will follow them

Contradictions. Unless you are talking about optional morality or situational morality?

sex,alcohol and drugs may have consequences(if you overuse them)...we do actually think OVERINDULGING can hurt you...but still it is your own personal choice

It's wise not to overindulge in them but you should've cleared up that in your first comment about these subjects. Yes, it is your choice and I applaud you for encouraging that philosophical nugget.

and seriously,stop being a little dick with all of you "their just criminals who should be in jail"...alot of people seem to think that we're bad people...so i had to explain it

Why then did you merely call them posers? Posers implies objects of ridicule, not the genuine thing and wannabes which aren't bad in themselves- They are not criminals.

Surely, if you wished to disavow them, you'd say, "Whoever murders in name of our lord Satan are criminals who took advantage of our religion to be unkind to their fellow people. They perpetuate true evil, committed these cardinal sins of stupidity and didn't follow the golden rule. They ceased to be human beings the moment they murder their fellow humans and animals. They have brought shame not only on Satanism but humanity as a whole. May there no more criminals like that blighting the name of humanity! We must follow the spirit of kindness, follow the 'Do to others as you want to be treated- respect and love' ethic and our supreme advocate, Satan." Or surprise them by being a loving, unassuming and kind Satanist, confounding people's expectations and preconceptions?

this religion is very much against religious and political society

for example:god and the law say to let someone else take care of somebody's punishment if theyve done something to you...we believe in taking it into your own hands,which is your right...whether the law or god says it or not

A religion against religion and politics? Absurd! How can you fight fire with fire as seeing that religion is a form of politics in itself? I think in order to be against or to lack religion, is to be a nihilist, atheist, agnostic, apathetic, spiritualist (not to be confused with New Age and Paganism) a nominalist critic, neutral, metaphoric thought and any philosophy that lacks any deities or against them.

Politics: a conscientious objector, freedom seekers, protesters, anarchists, apathetic, agovernmentalist and ex-politicians.

Satanism is not something to used as a weapon in struggling against religion unless it is only a philosophical thing or metaphorical or a nominal thing with you. If it is a truly religious thing with you, how can you fight religion?

As for taking it into your hands, vigilantism or taking revenge would be violent and are unfulfillable paths to take if that's what you are actually talking about. Once you've taken your revenge, what's next? Do you take more revenges and let the hate and anger eat you up? If you are a vigilante, you could've got the wrong person and you could've lowered yourself to the criminal's level. Is that worth taking up? As they say, revenge and taking the law into your hands achieves little or nothing.

If you are talking about standing up to the bully or criminal or tyrant, that's a very good idea. Or are you talking about protecting yourself against a criminal when he or she hurts you? That's a very good idea too. Throwing people into jail or rehab (Or both) is good. The key is, seek justice and fight for it but don't give in to your basest emotions to do some good.

It's your choice and your life anyway. :)

youve played D&D...WTF?

i dont know how you see a relationship between the 2...but darkness/chaos has nothing to do with some retarded ass game

sex,alcohol and drugs may have consequences(if you overuse them)...we do actually think OVERINDULGING can hurt you...but still it is your own personal choice

and seriously,stop being a little dick with all of you "their just criminals who should be in jail"...alot of people seem to think that we're bad people...so i had to explain it

for example:god and the law say to let someone else take care of somebody's punishment if theyve done something to you...we believe in taking it into your own hands,which is your right...whether the law or god says it or not

Yes I've played D&D, its actually a lot of fun. If you don't know anything about then of course you wouldn't see the connection, it doesn't change the fact that your so called arguments are nonsense.

Also...could you freaking learn to write. This paragraph is just....awful. If you want to be taken seriously in written form you need to learn to write in a much more organized fashion, your thoughts are jumbled, your punctuation is sloppy, and I can't tell when one sentence ends and another begins. Just a piece of advice, feel free to take it, or get pissed off and call me names, its no concern of mine which path you take.

You asked for someone to give their opinion, and then proceed to get pissy when an opinion is given. This is also not my problem as far as I can see.

As far as your opinions on power, all I can say is that you are just ignorant, study a bit of history and come back and tell me that power doesn't corrupt people when sought as an end in itself.

Taking the law into your own hands is a good way to be kicked out of society at large.

I would argue the primary purpose of morality is to find a way for humans to get along together in society, your line of thinking leads to anarchy, and thus is the opposite of moral behavior in my opinion.

I suggest reading Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbs for some insights on this.

You try to act hard core, and like you are some bad ass satanist. However, to me you just come off as a angry (and slightly ignorant) teenager, who is pissed off at the world, and identifies with satanism because it will piss off certain people (A.K.A. parents, teachers, church folk, and so on). You don't impress me in the least.

I don't choose my beliefs to make people happy or to piss them off, I choose the ones that seem most reasonable. You might try the same. You might find that life is a lot more fun if you sit back and enjoy it rather than spending it pissed off at all the people who have "wronged" you.

Of course I give you this advice realizing that you probably won't take it, you will probably just lump me in with that group of people who "just don't understand you" and add me to your list of people to get revenge on. I'd like to say that you will mature in a few years when you hit your 20's, but sadly many people in my age group (early 30's) are just as idiotic as they were at 17.

This makes no sense. First, you say the point isn't to be constricted by rules and that these are guidelines, then you turn around and say you have to follow the rules to be a true Satanist. Which is it? If you have to follow the rules to be a true Satanist, then you are being constricted by rules. If the point isn't to be constricted by rules, then you shouldn't have to follow them to be a true anything. You sound like you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. It's the whole "the bible isn't a rulebook, it's a guide but you better follow it or else" argument that Christians use all over again.

they arent actually rules

and there not literal

i just said a true satanist will usually follow them because they make life easier

youve played D&D...WTF?

Yes I've played D&D, its actually a lot of fun. If you don't know anything about then of course you wouldn't see the connection, it doesn't change the fact that your so called arguments are nonsense.

Also...could you freaking learn to write. This paragraph is just....awful. If you want to be taken seriously in written form you need to learn to write in a much more organized fashion, your thoughts are jumbled, your punctuation is sloppy, and I can't tell when one sentence ends and another begins. Just a piece of advice, feel free to take it, or get pissed off and call me names, its no concern of mine which path you take.

You asked for someone to give their opinion, and then proceed to get pissy when an opinion is given. This is also not my problem as far as I can see.

As far as your opinions on power, all I can say is that you are just ignorant, study a bit of history and come back and tell me that power doesn't corrupt people when sought as an end in itself.

Taking the law into your own hands is a good way to be kicked out of society at large.

I would argue the primary purpose of morality is to find a way for humans to get along together in society, your line of thinking leads to anarchy, and thus is the opposite of moral behavior in my opinion.

I suggest reading Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbs for some insights on this.

You try to act hard core, and like you are some bad ass satanist. However, to me you just come off as a angry (and slightly ignorant) teenager, who is pissed off at the world, and identifies with satanism because it will piss off certain people (A.K.A. parents, teachers, church folk, and so on). You don't impress me in the least.

I don't choose my beliefs to make people happy or to piss them off, I choose the ones that seem most reasonable. You might try the same. You might find that life is a lot more fun if you sit back and enjoy it rather than spending it pissed off at all the people who have "wronged" you.

Of course I give you this advice realizing that you probably won't take it, you will probably just lump me in with that group of people who "just don't understand you" and add me to your list of people to get revenge on. I'd like to say that you will mature in a few years when you hit your 20's, but sadly many people in my age group (early 30's) are just as idiotic as they were at 17.

doesnt impress you...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

bad ass satanist...lol at you loser

i get it...you must try to impress people like that so you think i do it too

seriously...we dont spend our time trying to impress losers

Hi, Sitra!

youve played D&D...WTF?

External power and strength, eh? Isn't it better to strive for love and inner strength as seeing external power and strength leads to wars and perpetual conflicts? Come over to the side of laughter and smiles. :)

It is indeed but too much of it and "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Yoda from the Phantom Menace. Too much anger and you will suffer accordingly.

Contradictions. Unless you are talking about optional morality or situational morality?

It's wise not to overindulge in them but you should've cleared up that in your first comment about these subjects. Yes, it is your choice and I applaud you for encouraging that philosophical nugget.

Why then did you merely call them posers? Posers implies objects of ridicule, not the genuine thing and wannabes which aren't bad in themselves- They are not criminals.

Surely, if you wished to disavow them, you'd say, "Whoever murders in name of our lord Satan are criminals who took advantage of our religion to be unkind to their fellow people. They perpetuate true evil, committed these cardinal sins of stupidity and didn't follow the golden rule. They ceased to be human beings the moment they murder their fellow humans and animals. They have brought shame not only on Satanism but humanity as a whole. May there no more criminals like that blighting the name of humanity! We must follow the spirit of kindness, follow the 'Do to others as you want to be treated- respect and love' ethic and our supreme advocate, Satan." Or surprise them by being a loving, unassuming and kind Satanist, confounding people's expectations and preconceptions?

A religion against religion and politics? Absurd! How can you fight fire with fire as seeing that religion is a form of politics in itself? I think in order to be against or to lack religion, is to be a nihilist, atheist, agnostic, apathetic, spiritualist (not to be confused with New Age and Paganism) a nominalist critic, neutral, metaphoric thought and any philosophy that lacks any deities or against them.

Politics: a conscientious objector, freedom seekers, protesters, anarchists, apathetic, agovernmentalist and ex-politicians.

Satanism is not something to used as a weapon in struggling against religion unless it is only a philosophical thing or metaphorical or a nominal thing with you. If it is a truly religious thing with you, how can you fight religion?

As for taking it into your hands, vigilantism or taking revenge would be violent and are unfulfillable paths to take if that's what you are actually talking about. Once you've taken your revenge, what's next? Do you take more revenges and let the hate and anger eat you up? If you are a vigilante, you could've got the wrong person and you could've lowered yourself to the criminal's level. Is that worth taking up? As they say, revenge and taking the law into your hands achieves little or nothing.

If you are talking about standing up to the bully or criminal or tyrant, that's a very good idea. Or are you talking about protecting yourself against a criminal when he or she hurts you? That's a very good idea too. Throwing people into jail or rehab (Or both) is good. The key is, seek justice and fight for it but don't give in to your basest emotions to do some good.

It's your choice and your life anyway. :)

obviously you dont get it

just having strength and power doesnt mean youll use it for war necessarily...thats up to you

It's good to see you working on improving your writing skills. :lmao:

Seriously, if you expect the words of a 17 year old with bad grammar and authority problems to either make me angry or hurt my feelings then you are wasting your time.

Though thanks for the reminder that Fundy Christians are not the only idiots out there.

P.S. did i get added to the list of people who "just don't understand you" yet? or maybe that list is already full. :)

Seriously, if you expect the words of a 17 year old with bad grammar and authority problems to either make me angry or hurt my feelings then you are wasting your time.

Though thanks for the reminder that Fundy Christians are not the only idiots out there.

P.S. did i get added to the list of people who "just don't understand you" yet? or maybe that list is already full. :)

lol at you...wow...anyone who actually looks down on someone for bad grammar on a message board loses my respect

i realize it doesnt hurt your feelings...but that pretty much means you have no argument if you actually look down on someone for "bad grammar" this isnt english 101 dumbass

Guest Zenobia

Don't look now but I think twinkletoes added you to his list... :Wendywhatever:

Guest Zenobia
lol at you...wow...anyone who actually looks down on someone for bad grammar on a message board loses my respect

i realize it doesnt hurt your feelings...but that pretty much means you have no argument if you actually look down on someone for "bad grammar" this isnt english 101 dumbass

How would you know? You've never attended an English class obviously!! Too busy hanging around in your teenage satanist funk trying to out-cool everyone I imagine. LOL. Grow up a little then come back here, you may actually be interesting once you've seen a little more of life and formed opinions based on actual experience rather than out of some self-centered desire to "wow" everyone. :ugh:

How would you know? You've never attended an English class obviously!! Too busy hanging around in your teenage satanist funk trying to out-cool everyone I imagine. LOL. Grow up a little then come back here, you may actually be interesting once you've seen a little more of life and formed opinions based on actual experience rather than out of some self-centered desire to "wow" everyone. :ugh:

"wow" everyone?

its called ex-christians.net i assumed there would be some of us here

i guess not...it must just be old people who like to feel smarter because of their old age...and when there not trying to do that their waiting 35 minutes for their piss to come out

Guest Zenobia
"wow" everyone?

i guess not...it must just be old people who like to feel smarter because of their old age...and when there not trying to do that their waiting 35 minutes for their piss to come out

If by "us" you mean other wanna be teenage satanists who are trying to impress us with how much they know about everything... you're correct, not many of you here :)

If "old" to you is anyone over 20 then sure - we're all old fogies here. Hehehe. Go find a teenage satanist site where you may actually impress someone. Buh bye. :loser:

for the record i was fully impressed

bye trying to figure out what in the fuck he thinks he is talking about

"wow" everyone?

True, but while "their(sic) waiting" we have time to ponder the difference between their, they're, and there.

You've just claimed that the great advantage of youth is piss instead of thought. Yea, for the good old days.

people have actually worshipped these dark gods for 6,000 years

Really!?!? Golly Gee!!! :Hmm: And here I thought you were unimpressed by age.

You're older than you've ever been.

And now you're even older.

And now you're older still.

TIME! Is marching on.

And time.. is still marching on.

This day will soon be at an end and now it's even sooner.

And now it's even sooner.

This day will soon be at an end and now it's even sooner.

And now it's sooner still.

And now you're older still.

How does it feel getting stupider every minute? It won't be long before piss just dribbles out your pecker, and you won't even have good grammar to compensate. But in the mean time Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll Baby! (and I do mean baby)

"wow" everyone?

Yeah, you tell it, Old people are stupid and should be hated.... :twitch:

Nothing like acting like a bigot to convince everyone here of your intelligence right? Try again buttercup.

• Super Moderator

Satanism seems to me to be just like Christianity. Liberal helpings of bullshit, imagination, and a need to belong to a group identity.

Show me any evidence that Satan actually exists, then we'll talk.

ok...now you see

i have nothing against old people

but i have been criticized for being young

so i figured id show you what it feels like...dont like it much do ya?

so please use something other than my age to say why you think im dumb

So then why are you wasting your time hurling insults at an articulate member of our community?

Seriously, I would not dismiss or look down upon a person based SOLELY on his inability, or unwillingness, to write a coherent English sentence. However, I've read a lot of things written by a lot of people. Almost invariably, those who advance defensible viewpoints or make insightful observations also happen to be well spoken. Add to that the familiar pattern of someone who responds with insults rather than addressing the point through rational discourse in the course of an argument further detracts from his credibility.

...it must just be old people who like to feel smarter because of their old age...

Wrong. There are any number of people here your age and younger who impress the socks off of me with their insight, intelligence, and critical thinking skills.

Satanism seems to me to be just like Christianity. Liberal helpings of bullshit, imagination, and a need to belong to a group identity.

Show me any evidence that Satan actually exists, then we'll talk.

Speaking of which, you seem to have ignored the opportunity I gave you last week to provide any sort of convincing argument in defense of your belief in your dark gods.

Shouldn't Satanisim and Christianity go sort of hand in hand? From the latter sprung the former.

Shouldn't Satanisim and Christianity go sort of hand in hand? From the latter sprung the former.

would you people get over this idea

its designed to be the opposite of demiurge religions

and for the people telling me to prove dark gods exist...this is easy...why dont you prove they dont exist?

thats why im just talking about the philosophy

I'll prove that dark gods don't exist if you can prove that invisible pink unicorns don't exist.

would you people get over this idea

its designed to be the opposite of demiurge religions

and for the people telling me to prove dark gods exist...this is easy...why dont you prove they dont exist?

thats why im just talking about the philosophy

How can you not see that satanisim is the antagonist of christianity? Without satan, christianity would be pretty much moot.

Also, do you see how much like a christian apologist you sound like with the rest of your post?

How can you not see that satanisim is the antagonist of christianity? Without satan, christianity would be pretty much moot.

Also, do you see how much like a christian apologist you sound like with the rest of your post?

I suspect his religion doesn't see it that way. More like, Satanism have had many different names, they prayed to Dagon, or Belsebub etc, same god under different names, and Christianity (and Judaism) took that god and discredited it and gave it evil characteristics, when it really wasn't at first. It maybe was more like Shiva in Hinduism, or maybe Zurvan or Ahriman in Zoroastrianism, I'm not sure which one...

In gnosticism, my understanding is that they believe in a high-god that is neither good nor evil, but only a creator. Then from this creator, somehow out came a mischievous demiurge (sub-god) who created the world.

But I'm not sure which one they relate most to. Since the demiurge was Yahweh (IIRC)... and Zurvan is also neither good nor evil, while Ahriman is much more like Satan... confusing...