Goodbye Jesus

Little Debbies

Internet Jesus

I'm not one to boycott something I enjoy simply because it is made/distributed by someone I don't agree with. It makes no financial impact on the company and it's a tactic used by the "other side" that makes me respect them even less.

Otherwise, atheists would have to boycott movies employing religious actors, directors and producers. We'd have to do our homework and avoid the "wrong" television shows. We could only buy books published by atheist publishing houses.

It gets a little silly after a short while.

I wonder how many atheists/agnostics start "alternative" companies, and how those fare in our economy? A week ago I got a really cool New Age clothing and jewelery catalog in the mail and I'm thinking of buying one or two of the outfits this Summer as the quality of the clothes is great ( though right now I can't afford the sexy red saloon girl dress I want so bad:( ). Here in California there are plenty "New Age" stores selling a wide range of merchandise, and also Buddhists and Catholic stores selling mostly religious wares, but I've never heard of an atheist shop in my neck of the woods as there is a big diverse religious community here. Anyway I'm not sure if finding "alternative" atheist/agnostic companies to shop at is so easy in our day and age, or even if such a thing exist.

Ah yes, the McKee Baking company! I lived right next to the Little Debbie plant in Collegedale,Tn. awhile back. The present owners/operators of both plants were my students when I was teaching. They are filthy rich from the manufacturing/sales of those sinful cakes. So much for their "health message".

I still recall the sickeningly sweet aroma I woke up to every morning! By the way, little Debbie herself is a lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Too bad the sda church doesn't approve.

You serious about her being lesbian? If so that makes this so savory. Pun intended. LOL

BTW, Internet Jesus... freakin' sweet avatar!

Yes, the word on the street is she's a lesbian, cake eatin', rich lil' adventist! :wicked:

I had never run across Little Debbie until I moved from California to New Hampshire in 2001. I don’t think they have Little Debbie on the West Coast. Having always been a big fan of all things “Hostess” I decided to give Little Debbie a try. I can say without reservation that every Little Debbie snack I tried tasted like a pile of shit and there will never be a chance that I try another one again. :ugh:

They weren't out here, until, I think I first saw them around 2000. I always think of them as the cheap version of Hostess, Hostess is SO much better.

We should immediately look into Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs. And that Betty Crocker bitch. She's waaaay to happy being stuck in a kitchen.

I had never run across Little Debbie until I moved from California to New Hampshire in 2001. I don’t think they have Little Debbie on the West Coast. Having always been a big fan of all things “Hostess” I decided to give Little Debbie a try. I can say without reservation that every Little Debbie snack I tried tasted like a pile of shit and there will never be a chance that I try another one again. :ugh:

They weren't out here, until, I think I first saw them around 2000. I always think of them as the cheap version of Hostess, Hostess is SO much better.

I guess I missed them in California, I had heard of Little Debbie but I had never seen a package until moved east. I really miss Mother's Cookies too. They don't have them on the East Coast and everytime my partner has to go back to Caifornia on business I have him pick up half-a-suitcase full!! All the prepackaged cookies around here are as bad as Little Debbie's crapfest. And now that we are on the topic, what happened to Chips Ahoy Cookies? They used to be so good, and now they are crap too!

I never tasted a Little Debbie snack that I didn't LOVE! I've been known to eat a whole box of the things in one sitting. And now I'm fat for some reason. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my diet and my sedentary lifestyle, though... :rolleyes:

I should sue the company that makes them for failing to put a warning label on the box, something like:

WARNING: Eating these gloriously delicious snacks could be hazardous to your health. You might get FAT!

:grin:

I've been seeing Little Debbie in stores for as long as I can remember here in Utah, since at least 1990. Wiki says it was in the '60s the folks who owned the company what would eventually adopt the LD brand name produced the first product under such, so they've been around a good while.

Personally, I like some of their products, just as I like some of Hostess'. 'Course, as Jeff said, eating either one I can practically feel the weight settling around my stomach, so I try to stay away from them. Now if I could just learn my lesson about Mountain Dew and beer...

I never tasted a Little Debbie snack that I didn't LOVE! I've been known to eat a whole box of the things in one sitting. And now I'm fat for some reason. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my diet and my sedentary lifestyle, though... :rolleyes:

I should sue the company that makes them for failing to put a warning label on the box, something like:

WARNING: Eating these gloriously delicious snacks could be hazardous to your health. You might get FAT!

That's it!!! It's a plot!!! They'll make us so fat that we're unable to run when one of their bluvd stops by to ask "do you know jebus?"

BTW: My standard answer: I'm not sure. Do you have a recent picture?

The company that makes/distributes Little Debbies is owned by Seventh Day Adventists.

In other news, Chick-Fil-A is owned by Christians (I don't know which denomination); every convenience store in America is owned by Muslims; the gays own Disney, and I don't own shit.

haha :goodjob:

But Hostess doesn't make those wonderful little Swiss Cake Rolls!

I'll be honest-I'm usually pretty careful about where I spend my money, and I try to keep at least some of it out of the hands of the crazies. But, I don't care if my cash is going to Christian god himself, I ain't giving up Swiss Cake Rolls!

My favorites are the Zebra cakes and I couldn't give those up as much as I despise the Seventh Day Adventists. My only complaint is that I wish they would put more Zebra cakes in a box because they never seem to have enough yet the box looks like it could hold more than they do.

The animal cookies from Mother's, with the white and pink frosting and the sprinkles. Shit Goddamn those are so good!!!

I useto be a Seventh Day Adventist. It really aint anymore of a cult then any other Christian denomination. Meaning it is a complete cult like all of Christianity.

Looks like god may be wreaking intestinal vengeance via these sugary cakes of wrath.

And the lord said...."Woe be to thee, Collegedale. For you strain at gnats (and assorted other bugs in the batter), and swallow tainted peanut butter!

Therefore, let thy bowels be cursed!" :puke:

The thing that drove me crazy when I was a Seventh-day Adventist was the fact that Adventists are supposed to be setting the whole world an example by eating healthfully, yet they make and sell Little Debbies. The Little Debbie factory is there for college students to be able to have jobs while they are getting their education, fyi. Not that students are all they employ, by the way.

I have never bought Little Debbies and never will. My husband likes them. I'd rather eat an Oreo. Or a Keebler's.

I love the Oatmeal Cream pies. I don't care who makes them.

BTW, just saw this:

More peanut butter products recalled

The company that sells Little Debbie snacks announced a recall Sunday of peanut butter crackers because of a potential link to a deadly salmonella outbreak.

The voluntary recall came one day after the government advised consumers to avoid eating cookies, cakes, ice cream and other foods with peanut butter until health officials learn more about the contamination.

Proof that Little Debbies are evil! :lmao:

The thing that drove me crazy when I was a Seventh-day Adventist was the fact that Adventists are supposed to be setting the whole world an example by eating healthfully, yet they make and sell Little Debbies. The Little Debbie factory is there for college students to be able to have jobs while they are getting their education, fyi. Not that students are all they employ, by the way.

I have never bought Little Debbies and never will. My husband likes them. I'd rather eat an Oreo. Or a Keebler's.

Yes, they are supposed to be "the head, not the tail", but they end up being the asshole!

Fuck Little Debbie and her little dog too.

Go to the Cheesecake Factory. That's hella good sweet food.

The animal cookies from Mother's, with the white and pink frosting and the sprinkles. Shit Goddamn those are so good!!!

I really had to laugh at this. Like I mentioned I love Mother's cookies....except the ones you just mentioned. When I was about six years old I had too many of them while in the back seat of the car and hurled big time!!! Once you puke on a certain food it is hard to ever eat them again. The fact that your scrren name is VOMIT COMET made this all the funnier. :lmao:

IBF

Mother's went bankrupt, but Kellog's decided to buy them out.

"Kellogg's isn't letting Mother's Cookies fall by the wayside. Mother's Cookies—which has a huge West Coast fanbase due to its Oakland roots—filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October, but this week, Kellogg's announced it would acquire trademarks and recipes to the famous Circus Animal cookies, as well as the sandwich cookies and wire-cut cookies."

and hurled big time!!! Once you puke on a certain food it is hard to ever eat them again.

Was it pink and white with rainbow sprinkles? :lmao:

Well if you were in Mexico or Southern Cali you could buy all your treats from the Bimbo bear :lmao:

The first time I saw one of these bakery trucks driving down the highway I thought it was a joke. A cute little baker bear who's a bimbo? Completely whack. Yet whoever decided to team up a cute bear with the word bimbo to sell pastries is a genius in my book.... it's brilliant from a marketing perspective! :grin:

truck.jpg

logo_bimbo.jpg

Mother's went bankrupt, but Kellog's decided to buy them out.

"Kellogg's isn't letting Mother's Cookies fall by the wayside. Mother's Cookies—which has a huge West Coast fanbase due to its Oakland roots—filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October, but this week, Kellogg's announced it would acquire trademarks and recipes to the famous Circus Animal cookies, as well as the sandwich cookies and wire-cut cookies."

Well that explains it! My parner goes back to Califorina about twice a year on business and I always have him buy me at least half-a-dozen packages of Mother's Cookies (English Tea - Taffy - Oatmeal) because we don't have them here in New Hampshire. On his last visit in November he told me he could not find Mother's Cookies and the local Safeway. I was devasted of course. I can't help but feel responsible for Mother's backruptcy, once I left California in 2001 their sales must have taken a nose-dive. :shrug: