Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

Sleep 'til noon. Read PostSecrets. Check Facebook and quietly roll my eyes at the inevitable church-related status update. Take a peek at the profile of whomever happens to be on my mind, possibly leave some kind words, grab a bite, then back to the 'puter for some World of Warcraft.

If I happen to get bored of fighting giant spiders and murlocs or what have you at a reasonable-ish hour, I'll grab my art stuff and draw something pretty, too.

Sleep 'til noon. Read PostSecrets. Check Facebook and quietly roll my eyes at the inevitable church-related status update. Take a peek at the profile of whomever happens to be on my mind, possibly leave some kind words, grab a bite, then back to the 'puter for some World of Warcraft.

If I happen to get bored of fighting giant spiders and murlocs or what have you at a reasonable-ish hour, I'll grab my art stuff and draw something pretty, too.

I'm kind of waiting to see what kind of Avatar you create. I'll bet it's going to be really artistic.

I'm kind of waiting to see what kind of Avatar you create. I'll bet it's going to be really artistic.

Hehe, it's not often I haven't gone into lurking mode by this point...guess I should probably make an avatar, though. :P

This week? Clean my house, chill out, eat way too much (diet FAIL), and maybe do some homework if I get ambitious.

• Super Moderator

We're doing something different today - a breakfast picnic! We'll have 15 or 20 people and a doG or two. Life is good.

Breakfast casserole, bacon, eggs, coffee cake, donuts, and vats of coffee. I just might stay all day until the food's gone!

We're doing something different today - a breakfast picnic! We'll have 15 or 20 people and a doG or two. Life is good.

Breakfast casserole, bacon, eggs, coffee cake, donuts, and vats of coffee. I just might stay all day until the food's gone!

That sounds really nice! I'm going to "A Taste of St. Louis" later. I've been the past two days, but the art and food are really worth another visit.

Slept in

Checked my email and this message board

Had breakfast (scrambled eggs with rice, cheese & salsa)

Looked up some stuff on YouTube

Listened to a couple CDs (Cage The Elephant first, and now the new Three Days Grace).

What an exciting life! ;)

I'm sitting here eating left-over pizza. Flipping between Ex-C and Facebook. Will probably watch a movie or play a game in a bit (Prototype is brutal...play it!). It's quiet. It's nice. Feeling pretty relaxed. Mostly waiting to see my kid later this afternoon.

Sitting here on my last day of vacation enjoying a home-made wrap for lunch and wasting time online. Got a bunch of blogs posts written and scheduled for the next month or two, spouse will be home soon, and we have a friend coming over later on to watch vids and hang out. It's a glorious sunny day out, though chilly, and the pups are begging for bits of my lunch.

It's a good day.

I went for a nice bike ride woohoo.gif , and now I'm gonna sit and do homework

I'm not in it cause I'm behind the camera...

DSCN0276.jpg

The breakfast picnic was so good that a few of us didn't leave until almost 1:00!!! It was a glorious day in the park next to the water, the friends are the best in the world, and the food... ahhhhh, the food was sublime!!!

Post picnic, I came home and puttered around the house, played on the computer, grocery shopped, walked my doG and visited with the neighbors, and ended the day playing on the computer and doing a weekly ham radio function. Life is VERY good!!! :)

This sunday I stayed in bed late-ish with my girlfriend cuddling and doing all sorts of things that are sure to get us sent straight to hell :HaHa:

Then went to a staff meeting for the anime convention I'm working at this month and then came home to eat ice cream and do French Homework. All in all a very satisfying way to spend my day.

OT: This is my first post in what feels like forever on this forum. I haven't been on here since I graduated I think...

Yesterday I passed by a lot of churches on the way to the gun range. I got to fire a .45 revolver, 9mm and 22 caliber semi-automatics. I discovered that I'm a pretty good shot. Kevin would have been so proud of me.

• 2 weeks later...

I never think of Sunday as church day except when shopping. I like to get out & shop before the churchies are out of church. I'm usually home by noon, purchases in hand. :woohoo:

BYD

I no longer attend any church, though I do accompany my believing wife on occasion--for her sake, not to satisfy any "spiritual hunger." After over 40 years as a Christian, I have grown accostomed to Sunday being a special day. I have no scruples about activities, but I do enjoy at least a couple of hours in the morning (while my wife is at church) sipping good coffee and reading good books. My idea of a Good Book these days is something like "Atheist Universe", or "The god Delusion", etc. I'll sometimes doodle a little in my journal or do a little posting on nonbeliever forums. I recently discovered ex-chritian.net and will likely hang out here for at least a while...maybe longer!

Slept in,

had some scrambled eggs,

checked my email, eBay and this board,

downloaded a couple songs with Amazon credits,

just taking it easy......

Researching and outlining one of the 3 (3!!!!) papers I have due this coming week. Whose idea was it to take 4 honours seminars this term?!?!? Oh yeah. Mine. Because I'm a lunatic. :twitch: Later, if I get enough done, going out for ethiopian food with some dear friends. :)

I skipped karate today, and My partner and I went to a comics convention. Amazing slate of guest celebrities... Batman, Catwoman, Chewbacca *and* Lt. Starbuck from the original Battlestar Galactica.

And, now that I'm home, I'm munching on leftover Halloween candy and preparing to do some more writing.

Drinking Sammy Adams Oktoberfest. Kicking back, trying to figure out the "real world", thinking about the two halloween thingsys I went to. Wishing I had a Queen to serve. About to load up some Witcher: Enhanced Edition and go through it. Wanting to install Diablo 2. Wishing I had a Queen to serve.

Thinking about these two stunningly gorgeous Women I talked with at the Halloween parties, one my age and dressed as a Faun. One 5 years younger dressed in red as Carmen San Diego. God....I wanted to lick the latters' boots clean and the former I just wanted to be well........ Wow. Anyway, on my way to being buzzed.

Stopped attending Church about two months ago after attending regularly for the first 31 years of my life. The last couple of years at church I struggled with such overwhelming doubt that not being there is a relief every single week.

I get up about the same time, maybe half an hour later. Take my dog to a fenced in dog park where dogs are allowed to run around and play with each other. My wife takes my children to breakfast. Later, either still before noon or sometimes the early afternoon I take my children to a local dollar theater to watch a kid's movie (have to watch every movie several times since we have seen them all, but its fun). Relax the rest of the afternoon watching football. I was pretty active in ministry right up until I left, so I often had to prepare some on Saturday, and was often quite exhausted when I finally arrived home Sunday afternoon around 1:00 - 1:15ish, I don't miss that at all.

Sundays use to almost always turn out really bad. It was inevitable that my husband and I would end up in a fight becuase we were always rushing to church, to home or dinner or football games and back to church. Or fighting over if we should miss church for football games that we had season tickets too.

Sundays lately have been the BEST! We sleep in, we hang out in our pjs most of the morning with our 3 year old. We get ready for football games on TV by picking up food or grilling out. We just lounge all day long, hang with the little one, watch football and play video games. Its the most relaxing day, making a lot of fun memories with our little one. If there is a home game we may go but there never is an argument or this huge guilt associated with leaving church 15 mins early or being late to church sunday night.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry, I was trying to post 'Sunday Morning' by The Bolshoi. Can someone tell me how to post videos?