Goodbye Jesus

Don't Believe In Evolution?....give Us Your Theory Christians

RationalOkie

I want to hear from Christians who don't believe in Evolution. Tell us in detail what you believe.

"I believe what the Bible say's" does NOT COUNT.

Well???? Crickets......

"I believe what the Bible say's" does NOT COUNT.

But but.... THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! I'm telling my sky daddy!

Yeah, that's all they got for an argument. I am not surprised you aren't getting any bites here.

If anybody has a problem with one of these idiots that don't believe in evolution you send them to this post. They can enlighten us.

The only thing Christians are allowed to say is, "God did it."

*Loren sympathetically hands a deck of cards to RationalOkie so he can play solitaire while waiting...*

The only thing Christians are allowed to say is, "God did it."

Yeah. Which always puzzles me when I hear some fundigelical proclaim that public schools ought to teach "intelligent design" or whatever they're calling creationism these days. How much credit do you get for completing a 1-second course?

I suppose they could stretch it out a bit by teaching about all the known creation myths of all the known religions that ever existed, which would actually be rather interesting. But, of course, they won't do it because then it would become clear to anyone with at least average intelligence that the bible creation story is just as silly and improbable as all the rest.

And here's another thing that's always puzzled me: If you actually believe that some god created all that is, how do you make the fantastic leap to assuming it's the christian god rather than one of the thousands of other gods invented by humans throughout the course of history?

RationalOkie, a couple of days later... still waiting...

StillWaiting.jpg

Since there don't seem to be any currently christian takers I wouldn't mind posting some of the common arguments for discussion. I come from a creationist young-earth background and my parents still use these. If I do though I would like it understood that I don't personally believe these things. I would just be playing the role as well I could.

The problem is they have plenty of arguments against evolution (bogus and illogical for sure), but no explanation of what actually happened other than God did it.

Yeah. Which always puzzles me when I hear some fundigelical proclaim that public schools ought to teach "intelligent design" or whatever they're calling creationism these days. How much credit do you get for completing a 1-second course?
I'm reminded of that episode of the Little Bush cartoon where Bush realized we didn't have to go to school anymore because all the answers to everything we needed to know was in the bible. Maybe creationists just want to get out of school?

RationalOkie, a couple of days later... still waiting...

StillWaiting.jpg

I'll wait ..... :shrug:

I guess none of them are being guided by the Holy Spirit.....

I guess none of them are being guided by the Holy Spirit.....

Ya...but if you put up a 'Missing Link' thread they'll flock to it like a bug light. They love to criticize Evolution and act like it's so extreme, yet they believe in a talking snake in the garden of Eden. I want one of them to explain & defend "Intelligent Design" or whatever they think. They KNOW it's ridiculous and that's why this thread is devoid of a xtian response. It is for this reason that most people de-convert from xianity, I think. It's the hypocrisy of telling someone they aren't allowed to question you because you can't rationally answer the question without making up fairy tales to accomplish it.

I doubt many pastors are talking much, in 2009, about the garden of Eden. I think over time they realize their flock are more intelligent than they were 40 years ago. In fact, I bet they don't talk about the talking donkey, Noah's Ark, Jesus walking on water, Jonahs' three days in the whale or any other hard to believe story. At least not in adult church. Yes, they teach it in Sunday school because that's the only place you can get away with it. Anyway, these pastors know not to point out or remind people about the miracle stories they learned as a child. That would start people thinking and using their rational brains again...during church, mind you. Can't have that.

I doubt many pastors are talking much, in 2009, about the garden of Eden. I think over time they realize their flock are more intelligent than they were 40 years ago. In fact, I bet they don't talk about the talking donkey, Noah's Ark, Jesus walking on water, Jonahs' three days in the whale or any other hard to believe story. At least not in adult church. Yes, they teach it in Sunday school because that's the only place you can get away with it. Anyway, these pastors know not to point out or remind people about the miracle stories they learned as a child. That would start people thinking and using their rational brains again...during church, mind you. Can't have that.
I have noticed that at my parents' church, it seems like they rarely preach about miracles on Sunday mornings anymore besides the resurrection of Jesus. Most of the sermons seem to be about the Isrealites' religious terrorism in Canaan and the teachings of Jesus and his apostles, but rarely anything about the miracles. When they started their read the bible in 90 days program and were discussing it in bible class, we did study the Garden Of Eden but only barely skimmed past Noah's Ark.

No doubt God just blinked his eyes and nodded his head like the witch Samantha on "Bewitched" or Jeannie on "I Dream of Jeannie"

Isn't that foolish?

God swung his long beard over the shoulder, took out the wand, pulled it forcefully back over his head, swooshed it down, made a little flick, and said: Creatio!

No... seriously... that's what he did!

God swung his long beard over the shoulder, took out the wand, pulled it forcefully back over his head, swooshed it down, made a little flick, and said: Creatio!

No... seriously... that's what he did!

I encourage each of you to buy the Darwin-Fish in the Shop on this site, I did. It's a very reasonable price $4.95 and it will allow you to 'witness' to the lost. :wicked:

I encourage each of you to buy the Darwin-Fish in the Shop on this site, I did. It's a very reasonable price $4.95 and it will allow you to 'witness' to the lost. :wicked:

But, but... Darwin didn't come from the fish, he came from the monkeys. Every Creationist knows that.

Damn-it, I wasn't going to log on to this site for awhile, but...

Rational Okie, now that's an oxymoron, and most likely and endangered species to boot.

You know why the wind blows in New Mexico? Because Oklahoma sucks.

You know why the birds fly upside down over Oklahoma? Because it is not worth shitting on.

Seriously, this is a one night stand, so tip heavy at the door.

The problem here Okie is you don't allow yourself to think outside the box...

Hans had it right anyhow.

Creatio!

I am no biologist, because as we all know, they pipette with their thumbs, which cannot be perceived as science, verily I say.

Off the cuff certainly, as I have never studied biology at all, much let at length, is IMO, I can't see that evolution is the point. To me, evidence of a life starting process would mean more to me than repeated demonstration of evolution.

Why would you look at Genesis and not take it symbolically? For example, it says that the animals were before man in the order of creation. Why would they not have written it down the other way, man first?

And man was from dust, isn't that what is somewhat proclaimed anyhow? Life from the earth, soil, pond scum, lightning from the sky?

Pray for me Hans that I don't keep returning.

Hans had it right anyhow.

Creatio!

It warms my heart when we agree! :HaHa:

Unfortunately God doesn't listen to my prayers anymore... :( I think I ran over the minutes, that's why.

Clap...clap...clap...clap...clap.... I commend you. Thanks for having the courage to step up to the plate. Sense you didn't make any claims to 'insider' information on Creationism, I have no issue with you at all. As odd as it might sound, I have no problem with you taking a piss on Oklahoma either. It's a shitty state.

There was a thread going today about how the Church paid for a study to be done to find out why so many young people, roughly 2/3rds, leave the church by 20 years of age. Guess what issue more than any other was the reason? ...........................wait for it.................................. The ridiculousness that is Creationism. Once you lose credibility with your flock by pushing I.D., it's over.

This thread is an attempt to point out to other visiting Christians that they really don't have a theory. They have a cartoonish mythical childrens story. So, before they start popping off about an Evolution thread they might want to come to terms with their own.

Unfortunately, and with great sadness, I must say that most adults in my area seem to believe all those stories literally and have no problem with them...or at least they say they believe them. I can't speak to what is preached except for what is preached in my parents' church. The preacher there still pounds on the pulpit every Sunday and screams about miracles and Creationism and the evil serpent. All the adults smile and nod and say Amen and then my father (and I would guess many of the other church members do the same) comes home and rants about how "true" all that stuff is. He truly buys every bit of it, hook, line, and sinker. Sigh.

The unfortunate part is that he's a pretty freaking smart guy in every other respect. So are a lot of the church members. I just don't get it!!!!

*Edited to correct my grammar*

Yeah, there is a serious possibility if you hang around here long enough, we will have to change your tag to an Ex-Christian one.