Goodbye Jesus

Christians! Prove Guided Evolution!

Guest Davka

Anyone care to predict what the tragectory of Epignosis' trip through ex-C will look like?

If his velocity towards the ground is in a direct correlation to his ineptitude, it won't take long. And I'm certain that his ability to appreciate or comprehend what happened to him is in inverse relationship to that same incompetence.

Anyone care to predict what the tragectory of Epignosis' trip through ex-C will look like?

If his velocity towards the ground is in a direct correlation to his ineptitude, it won't take long. And I'm certain that his ability to appreciate or comprehend what happened to him is in inverse relationship to that same incompetence.

:HaHa:

It seems to me that it's just a matter of who gets bored first, us with him, or him with us.

It seems to me that it's just a matter of who gets bored first, us with him, or him with us.

Very true.

limbored->∞(forum_presence) = 0

Very true.

limbored->∞(forum_presence) = 0

Yes it seems it's over. No open minds here.

Too bad.

But thanks for the few comments anyway.

Yes it seems it's over. No open minds here.

Too bad.

But thanks for the few comments anyway.

So you gave up.

I haven't banned you. :shrug: ... yet.

So you gave up.

I haven't banned you. :shrug: ... yet

No I didn't give up. I just do not want to sink to that level.

I was really serious about this discussion.

But I guess you are not..

The bible has a phrase

Matthew 7:6 (New International Version, ©2010)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I think this applies in this case .

No I didn't give up. I just do not want to sink to that level.

You didn't have to. You were already there.

I was really serious about this discussion.

Except for the lying part.

But I guess you are not..

Only with people who got something... brain or otherwise.

The bible has a phrase

Matthew 7:6 (New International Version, ©2010)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I think this applies in this case .

Oink oink.

I don't care much for fake pearls anyway.

• 2 years later...

I just read this entire thread. Why doesn't it surprise me that the Christian side of it ends (so far) with a Christian using a Bible quote that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, and one that most reasonable people would see as an insult and not an argument?

This is pinned, so maybe someone else will come along to prove guided evolution.

Until then, and just for fun, I'll say that of course evolution is guided. It is guided by the survival of the fittest. Not the most fit, not the strongest, not the best equipped, but the ones most fit to survive. Somehow I made it. Go figger.

• 1 month later...

Considering that 99% of the earths life forms have gone extinct I would think that anything 'guiding' it is asleep at the wheel. Evolution is not even remotely a straight line.

I always am fascinated by very early life forms... they were bizarre, some very unwieldy... some only appear for a short (evolutionary) time and then that particular solution to a problem disappears completely. A very few are successful for a long time (trilobites, for example) Dinosaurs were quite successful for 65 million years... a lot longer than higher primates have been around.

Animals are interesting... early ones, not related to todays mammals, used some of the same 'solutions' but were actually mammal-like reptiles.

Then there is the Platypus...

The more I learn about evolution the less 'guided' it appears. It's quite random, actually. I think that is the problem with guided evolution (intelligent design - let's call it what it is) The people who criticize evolution really don't understand it and have nothing of real value to offer.

• Like 2

The more I learn about evolution the less 'guided' it appears. It's quite random, actually. I think that is the problem with guided evolution (intelligent design - let's call it what it is) The people who criticize evolution really don't understand it and have nothing of real value to offer.

Or theistic evolution...

This is simply theists pasting godunnit labels over the real science but in fact add no value or further the research in any way. Whenever creationists are asked for evidence, all they can cite is the babble or come up with a godunnit label. ID is an oxymoron as there is much about the human makeup that is NOT intelligent. The way our kidneys drain suggests that we evolved from a quadruped or else we would not form kidney stones; there are many others.