Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real. They ask Christians to prove that there is a God. I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God. I have no agenda by asking you this question, it is for curiosity only. Disprove that there is a God.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Dang! I've thought and thought and I can't do it. You win.

Ooooooh...wait a minute...as the one making the extraordinary claim, YOU have the burden of proof. Sorry!

I think you may have mistaken the lack of acceptance or belief in god as a positive disbelief in god. As an atheist, I do not accept that god exists which is not the same as saying "I believe god does not exist". I trust you see the difference.

Consequently, as a person who holds a positive belief in god, the focus is on you to prove to the rest of us (some of whom, I remind you, do believe in a god of some type) that your god is real.

I don't hold a belief in your god. You do, therefore in order for me to adopt your belief, I ask you to prove his/her/its existence.

Get it?

• Like 2

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real.  They ask Christians to prove that there is a God.  I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God.  I have no agenda by asking you this question, it is for curiosity only.  Disprove that there is a God.

Sorry Dario, old bean, but THAT dog don't hunt. Obviously you are unaware of "burden of proof" rules. One CANNOT disprove a negative. It is therefore INCUMBENT upon YOU to PROVE your positive claim that there IS a "god". Your thread proposal is dead before it even begins. So sorry. Try again. :grin:

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real.  They ask Christians to prove that there is a God.

Not entirely correct. What we (myself in particular) want proven is that the bible is the word of god. Therefore validating the Christian God. Which cannot be done.

Now I may no be the one you want to hear from seeing as I'm no athiest. I'm a deist. Which means I do believe there is a god, but anything beyond existence I admit entirely is pure speculation, which too many people have done over the course of history to the detriment of humankind. More hate and cruelty had resulted in one group of people saying god is this, and another group of people saying god is that.

As a result it is religion itself (all of them) that I disbelieve.

The bible can be disproven. So can the Qur'an. All the religious writings regardless of sect, dogma, or religion were written by human beings speculating on the nature and intent of god. But there is no proof for their written words beyond what they've chosen to see.

Prove he's there. You're the one making fantastic claims. We're not.

(Dang, this sounds suspiciously like the Invisible Pink Unicorn debate I had with my fundy cube mate...)

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real.  They ask Christians to prove that there is a God.  I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God.  I have no agenda by asking you this question, it is for curiosity only.  Disprove that there is a God.

prove there is.... prove why we shouldn't deny this figment of imagination.

Christians think like children. "I've never seen Santa, I've never heard him speak to me, We proved he's not at the north pole... But there are presents under the tree!!! Praise SANTA!!!!!!!!!!" :woohoo:

Define "God" for me, and then we can discuss the probability of one (or many) actually existing.

Yes, this question should be for the Athiests only. And even then, there are plenty who I'm sure would believe in the existence of an ethereal force if proper evidence was provided.

The fact is we are far too immature a race to be able to prove that a God exists.

I would like to offer up Carrot-Top, the Three-Toed Sloth, and Moxy as evidence.

And even then, there are plenty who I'm sure would believe in the existence of an ethereal force if proper evidence was provided.

*Raises hand*

However, I don't think it's possible for there to be any proof, much less anyone human providing it. It's an unprovable concept. It's like the Invisible Pink Unicorn or Schroedinger's cat.

I think you worded this incorrectly. Many people believe in a divine deity(ies) but not necessarily the Christian deity.

Hey, if a Buddhist, Pagan, or Hindu offered sufficient proof, I'd be open to it as well.

Could you define God for me please?

While I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, I would also like to throw this point of view into the mix here.

I contend that the very notion of the supernatural is absurd, has no evidence whatsoever, and by its very nature makes itself impossible.

What you're talking about is the existence of something outside the universe. The universe is defined as all things collectively. How can something exist outside the universe? It's a nonsense.

Whenever a claim is made that a particular event or phenomenon had a supernatural cause, without exception the event or phenomena will fall into one of the below categories:

a. It never actually happened

b. It had a natural cause

c. Not enough information is available to determine the cause.

However, boiling it down to its simplest form, essentially the notion of the supernatural in general, and God in particular, is logically absurd and completely impossible.

Would you be willing to disprove the existence of invisible garden fairies or the invisible paisley unicorns in my back yard? Elves? The Tooth Fairy? I have no agenda, just curious.

There is no evidence for a god.

Hey Jeff! your member number 666 :lmao: think if an Xtian would have got that number :lmao::lmao::lmao: ...........damn..thats awesome

Did you mean Zues or Ra?

Hey Jeff! your member number 666  :lmao: think if an Xtian would have got that number  :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao: ...........damn..thats awesome

Hello, BuddhistCommunist! I am quite proud of my member number-- but will any Xtians converse with me now? :shrug:

Please tell us what direct evidence you would find acceptable as proof of non-existence.

:lmao: Someone, ate a big ole' smart ass pill this morning, didn't they?

thankful-- I am *addicted* to smartass pills! I swear I can't help myself. :grin:

Did you mean Zues or Ra?

Viventrox, let me reveal the truly true Truth:

There is only ONE god

He is the SUN god

RA! RA! RA!

See? It says it right there. It *must* be true. Damn! Apologetics is easy!

Define "God" for me, and then we can discuss the probability of one (or many) actually existing.

God is defined in the Bible...yes, it takes that much to define a single being as it would to define maybe even you!

In Christ,

LoT

Please tell us what direct evidence you would find acceptable as proof of non-existence.

God is a transcendant being, you can't disprove Him.

Dario,

One cannot prove or disprove the existence of something outside of nature in general. However, one can prove or disprove a specific claim. I confidently proclaim that the Abrahamic diety (Yahweh/Jesus/Allah) cannot exist and is an imaginary creature.

An axiomatic truth is that nothing which has self-contradictory attributes can exist. Hence, there are no such things as spherical cubes. In like manner, the Abrahamic deity is attributed as being: (1)Omniscient (2)Omnipotent (3)Omnipresnt and (4)Omnibenevolent. I will focus on the first two.

If the Abrahamic deity is omniscient (which the Tanakah/New Test./Qu'ran all state) , then he cannot also be omnipotent. If god know everything, past, present and future perfectly, then he cannot also be all powerful, for this encompassing knowledge constrain his oen power. The Bible, for instance states in several places that he changed his mind, thus demonstrating that he could not be omniscient. Thus the very attributes that define the Abrahamic deity are evidence that at an axiomatic level, he is an imaginary being and thus the Abrahamic religions are built upon imagination/fantasy.

Bruce

God is defined in the Bible...yes, it takes that much to define a single being as it would to define maybe even you! 

In Christ,

LoT

Perhaps you missed it somewhere. The bible doesn't define god. It only gives a vuage idea as to the christian god at that, which is why you christians are so confused.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.