Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

I think Asimov's "Offense" thread just got splashed out of the bathtub. :HaHa:

But hey! I was much more patient than other times. That guy did not get the Tongue of Fire.

I've wondered why Hell was invented so late in the Buy Bull. Is God that stupid? He forgot to create it until around 90 CE, when the Gospels were slapped together?

He is one evil asshole, to punish people for eternity for such a small slight. Amazing that we humans have higher moral standards!

Jeff, as I said before, the Bible states that every knee shall bend...you can't say that God will send anyone to Hell until it happens.

You cannot use the bible to prove the validity OF the bible. That is circular reasoning and holds no water.

Prove the bible is the word of god.

I wasn't proving the validity of the bible. You need to read my posts before spouting out your 'logic'.

Lightoftruth?

Would you please be so kind as to prove the bible is the word of god?

I'd really like to see you address this.

Jeff, as I said before, the Bible states that every knee shall bend...you can't say that God will send anyone to Hell until it happens.

LoT have you read my posts? Care to respond?

I wasn't proving the validity of the bible.  You need to read my posts before spouting out your 'logic'.

Attractive, except your christian god comes from the bible, so it must be proven in order to prove your god exists.

Yes, that's what I thought when I read in the Bible about God sending the great flood with such love that he wiped at just about every human and animal on the face of the earth.  I get giddy just thinking about how caring and compassionate that was.

P.S.  Did you know that Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson family because it was the ultimate act of love, according to the girl who did it?  The Mansons and Jehova have much in common  ;)

So you think the flood actually happened, Mike D? I'm sorry, are you retarded?

Okay, I've read a handful of this Lightoftruth dude's comments.  :HaHa:

Either we are communicating with someone that has a tube of glue duct-taped to each of his nostrils, or this guy is a fellow ExC'er that's pullin' our chain.  :lmao:

Nobody can write those words and actually be serious about it.  :lmao:

Can they?!?!? :twitch:

Fweethawt, I assure you I have neither glue, nor am I an ExC'er.

So you think the flood actually happened, Mike D?  I'm sorry, are you retarded?

Yes I am retarded, thanks for noticing.

Do you believe the Bible is true or not? You're a Christian, right??

On the same note, you can't say that every knee shall bow until it happens.

Lightof truth? This was not polite. We'd like to discuss with you, but rudeness WILL eat any civil discussion that may take place. Not recommended.

LoT have you read my posts? Care to respond?

It appears you guys enjoy pouncing on new Christian members, so it's hard for me to keep up with everyone dr_funkenstein.

You do realise that he was playing devil's advocate right? He doesn't actually believe in the biblical story of the flood. He was using it as an illustration that the God of the bible - if he did exist - is a being so barbaric and horrible as to be unmeritorious of worship.

It appears you guys enjoy pouncing on new Christian members, so it's hard for me to keep up with everyone dr_funkenstein.

We are very playful kittens.

Fweethawt, I assure you I have neither glue, nor am I an ExC'er.
Thank God you're not an ExC'er. You had me worried for a minute. :phew:

So, if you're not sniffin' glue, just what is your reason for being here?

Lightof truth? This was not polite. We'd like to discuss with you, but rudeness WILL eat any civil discussion that may take place. Not recommended.

It's ok, trust me if a Christian thinks I am retarded that is a huge compliment in my book :wicked:

Attractive, except your christian god comes from the bible, so it must be proven in order to prove your god exists.

You have it backwards, white_raven. The bible comes from the Christian God. He who Created the Universe. A book is merely a single tool for discovering the events and acts of God. The Universe is a tool for discovering the beauty of God's Creation, and our Fellowship is a tool for uniting under God.

LoT = SBF???

You do realise that he was playing devil's advocate right? He doesn't actually believe in the biblical story of the flood. He was using it as an illustration that the God of the bible - if he did exist - is a being so barbaric and horrible as to be unmeritorious of worship.

Well if the flood didn't happen then why is saying it was a horrible thing for God to have done?

If the flood story is merely a parable to teach God's children, then there is nothing wrong with it. You, of course, choose to take it literally and read only into what you want to.

Yes I am retarded, thanks for noticing.

Do you believe the Bible is true or not?  You're a Christian, right??

Of course I believe it is true.

Thank God you're not an ExC'er. You had me worried for a minute. :phew:

So, if you're not sniffin' glue, just what is your reason for being here?

To do as I am commanded, to spread the Word.

You have it backwards, white_raven.  The bible comes from the Christian God.  He who Created the Universe.  A book is merely a single tool for discovering the events and acts of God.  The Universe is a tool for discovering the beauty of God's Creation, and our Fellowship is a tool for uniting under God.

The bolded part of your discourse. You have to prove this. If I want to get a sense of the divine, I don't have to read a book. I just have to close my eyes. But that immanence has no designator beyond just being there.

It's not like the supreme being can't have a private word with each and every one of us after all. Hasn't happened. I was less in touch with that immanence when I was a christian. So I don't think religion has answers.

To do as I am commanded, to spread the Word.

And if you were commanded to spread your cheeks?

You have it backwards, white_raven.  The bible comes from the Christian God.  He who Created the Universe.  A book is merely a single tool for discovering the events and acts of God.  The Universe is a tool for discovering the beauty of God's Creation, and our Fellowship is a tool for uniting under God.

But how are we to have any knowledge of your God if not for the bible?

The universe and everything it contains... or "Creation" as you call it has rational explanations for its origin. I certainly see no evidence for a creator when I look at the universe, but rather the outcome of a set of well-defined, logically consistent rules. Rules like gravity, or natural selection.

Your argument is circular. The bible is a work of men that describes God.

On the same note, you can't say that every knee shall bow until it happens.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.