- - - - -

I Am So Fucking Sick And Tired Of Jesus Club Christians

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Creepy Doll

Creepy Doll

Thinker

• 169 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :If it exist it sure isn't the xian god

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

I don't even know where to start. There is just so much I am pissed off about right now with Jesus Club™ Christians. Jesus Club™ Christians are those who believe in being "born again" and that the bible is inerrant. I have many friends who call themselves Christians and some who even go to church, who are decent folk, don't take their religion shit so seriously and even go to church. Those folks are OK. It's the radical fuckers that think somehow if you're pro-choice or gay or don't believe the same shit they do that you're not only going to go to hell but you're gonna take the rest of the world with you that I have an issue with. Why can't people just leave each other the FUCK alone?

My partner and I just traveled 900 miles this past weekend to get married. Why? Because a few fucks in our state senate listened to NOM and a few constituent fucks, who convinced them that allowing gay people to get married is going to somehow send the state to hell, so we had to travel to another state that allows gay marriage to do it. WTF? Are people THAT fucking superstitious? I just don't get it.

And these assholes preaching "sanctity of marriage" are the same motherfuckers who are bopping each other and each others spouses, hiring prostitutes, reaching under the mens room stall and getting divorced and remarried left and right. They just try to cover it up. Mother fuckers. Every one of them.

Edited by Creepy Doll, 15 December 2009 - 01:57 PM.

I gave myself to Jesus but then he never called me back.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

#2 Maleficent

Maleficent

Thinker

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:The Desolation of Smaug, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Sean Rowe, Chris Whitley, Elder Scrolls games, Scopa
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Agnostic

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

And these assholes preaching "sanctity of marriage" are the same motherfuckers who are bopping each other and each others spouses, hiring prostitutes, reaching under the mens room stall and getting divorced and remarried left and right. They just try to cover it up. Mother fuckers. Every one of them.

I've always said that the straights have ruined the "sanctity" of marriage (50% divorce rate?), so we should give the gays a chance to restore meaning to it.

Oh and congrats! :)

#3 Robbobrob

Robbobrob

Pirate for Humanity

• 1,084 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing music.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :A Crazy Goddess eating a Bowl of Pasta

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

Gays certainly can't do any worse with it than straights have. Even know a couple of divorced gays. It is what it is, no better, no worse.
"When I do good I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

#4 HereticZero

HereticZero

Idiot Savant

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 6,302 posts
  • Interests:Rocks, writing, home-brewing, gardening, fossils. Being alive.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :I do what my prostate tells me to do.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

With a divorce rate higher than 50% these days, how can heterosexuals claim to be the standard measure of marriage? They are the standard for divorce. Congratulations too! :woohoo:
"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so ...." -- (Jeremiah 5:31)

"CPR beats prayer hands down!"

#5 FreeLily

FreeLily

Thinker

• 126 posts
  • Interests:Cats, making jewelry, cooking
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :There is no god

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

Congratulations on your marriage!

I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. Just wanted to point out, on the :) side, that there *are* states in which gay marriage is legal. That's a big improvement from 20 years ago! We'll all get there.
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut

#6 Vomit Comet

Vomit Comet

Rationalist

• 5,110 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Think not? Hope not?

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ultimately it's going to take the Supreme Court, and by then it will have gotten really nasty. What we're seeing now may just be a preview. Also, we may have to wait for the next court; this one's been stacked with conservatives and middling moderates. Bush knew what he was doing when he selected a young cat for big chief.

Edited by Vomit Comet, 15 December 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#7 OpheliaGinger

OpheliaGinger

Proud Fool

• 6,614 posts
  • Interests:ask me
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Jesus Frankenstein

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

We have been using the whole "if marriage is so holy and need to be protected, why don't you just outlaw divorce?" thing, so they have now formed a group called Rescue Marriage where they petition to outlaw divorce.
Proud Fool

#8 Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Daikaiju

• 1,412 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga,Japanese culture,,drawing, writing stories,, b movies,science fiction and horror
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Ninkasi, the goddess of beer.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

Congratulations on your wedding creepydoll!

Yeah, I really hate the Jesus Club Christians too. Hopefully, they'll one day become as extinct as the dinosaurs.

#9 Vixentrox

Vixentrox

Fully Human

• 7,486 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Invisible Blue Unicorn

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:06 AM

Gratz on the wedding. Hopefully one day GLBT will be able to have the right to marry (and be miserable....just kidding) like hetero couples.

#10 Creepy Doll

Creepy Doll

Thinker

• 169 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :If it exist it sure isn't the xian god

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:46 AM

I've always said that the straights have ruined the "sanctity" of marriage (50% divorce rate?), so we should give the gays a chance to restore meaning to it.

Oh and congrats! :)

LOL, nice! They certainly couldn't do much worse with it. I laugh and want to strangle someone at the same time, every time I hear the words "sanctity of marriage." What a joke!

Gays certainly can't do any worse with it than straights have. Even know a couple of divorced gays. It is what it is, no better, no worse.

Gays are human too! Imagine that, lol.

With a divorce rate higher than 50% these days, how can heterosexuals claim to be the standard measure of marriage? They are the standard for divorce. Congratulations too! :woohoo:

Exactly. Thank you.

Congratulations on your marriage!

I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. Just wanted to point out, on the :) side, that there *are* states in which gay marriage is legal. That's a big improvement from 20 years ago! We'll all get there.

You know, it's not even just for me and it isn't just about marriage equality. I'm just so sick and tired of Christian bigots on their high horses trying to control everyone, no matter what it is exactly they're trying to control. But yeah, we will get there. I'm an activist. Our new thing is showing the conservatives how much $ in taxes is going to other states because we're now GOING to those states to spend all our money on our weddings. Sucks for businesses here that they're not getting that money, and neither is the state getting that tax money, or the fees for the marriage license.

Ultimately it's going to take the Supreme Court, and by then it will have gotten really nasty. What we're seeing now may just be a preview. Also, we may have to wait for the next court; this one's been stacked with conservatives and middling moderates. Bush knew what he was doing when he selected a young cat for big chief.

I'm surprised there wasn't rioting here in NY when the State Senate didn't pass the bill. I guess that just goes to show that we're better people than that.

We have been using the whole "if marriage is so holy and need to be protected, why don't you just outlaw divorce?" thing, so they have now formed a group called Rescue Marriage where they petition to outlaw divorce.

Actually a marriage equality group started a similar movement just to prove a point. I think it's funny. You know they won't outlaw divorce. Too many Christians depend on it. :grin:

Congratulations on your wedding creepydoll!

Yeah, I really hate the Jesus Club Christians too. Hopefully, they'll one day become as extinct as the dinosaurs.

Sooner the better! Thank you.

Gratz on the wedding. Hopefully one day GLBT will be able to have the right to marry (and be miserable....just kidding) like hetero couples.

LOL, we are human... And that's exactly the point. JC Christians act as if they're somehow above everyone else, particularly gays. As if they didn't have human tendencies and shit.

Thank you all for the well wishes. :)
I gave myself to Jesus but then he never called me back.

#11 belladonna

belladonna

Strong Minded

• 217 posts
  • Interests:Reading, debate (both political and religious), friends and cows.
    I love my cows.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The God of Streetwise Religion

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

Just remember, most people who point to the Bible to claim "sanctity of marriage" have never really read the Bible.

Congrats, and best wishes.
"I certainly had no idea how little faith Christians have in their own faith til I saw how ill their courage and temper can stand any attack on it."
Harriet Martineau, Autobiography, II

#12 HRDWarrior

HRDWarrior

Apostate

• 970 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, horses, martial arts, other animals
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Nope

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

Congrats on the marriage, and I agree that the whole issue is just silly. Of course, I think I figured out part of the problem here in California at least - the conservative minority went out in droves to vote, and the GLBT community made it out, but the large number of those neutral on the subject (who don't care if gays marry, but don't get worked up about it cause it doesn't affect them) didn't bother to vote on the matter. And since the conservatives outnumber the gays, they won. Talking to a number of people who were fairly neutral on the topic I discovered that they just didn't bother voting about it. That easily could have swung the vote in this state, and I would imagine several others as well.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."
Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#13 FreeLily

FreeLily

Thinker

• 126 posts
  • Interests:Cats, making jewelry, cooking
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :There is no god

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

You know, it's not even just for me and it isn't just about marriage equality. I'm just so sick and tired of Christian bigots on their high horses trying to control everyone, no matter what it is exactly they're trying to control. But yeah, we will get there. I'm an activist. Our new thing is showing the conservatives how much $ in taxes is going to other states because we're now GOING to those states to spend all our money on our weddings. Sucks for businesses here that they're not getting that money, and neither is the state getting that tax money, or the fees for the marriage license.

Absolutely. Total control of everybody is what their fantasy is about; that's why they so love their rapture imagery.

I also think it's got a lot to do with sex and parenting. They can only convert so many adults; the real money is on producing and indoctrinating as many children as possible (see the Duggars of reality TV for the prototype.) Same reason they hate "illegals;" they can't stand to see any family that doesn't look and think like them having children. It creates competition.

So true about the business potential. Legalize gay marriage and pot; that would be stimulus I can believe in!
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut

#14 Burnedout

Burnedout

Committee of Libertarians Chief Pain in the Ass

• 26,120 posts
  • Interests:Politics ( I HATE HIGH TAXES!!!), Just chilling, traveling. A member of the Joe Stack Memorial Fan Club. FUCK PEACE,....GIVE ME FREEDOM!!! I want ALL my meals to have the largest carbon footprint possible.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Too heavy to think about for now

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

Congrats Creepydoll!!!

LOL...If you want to have fun with the fundy fuckers, you can tell them that if they don't come and preach at you, you won't go to their church and do a strip-teas in their face.... :wicked:
Pinochet did it right!

#15 xandrani

xandrani

Questioner

• 20 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

Congrats!

I'm so glad I don't live in the U S of Facsist!

I find it amazing that people call themselves Christian (or another religion) and then to selfish terrible acts... it kind of disproves the effectiveness of religion outright. Indeed there is evidence that atheists are more moral than religious people:
http://www.skepticfi...ican/prison.htm

If there was a god he'd have sent most Americans to hell years ago.

#16 NFLJack

NFLJack

Questioner

• 18 posts
  • Interests:Convincing people that there is nothing wrong with me or convincing people that there is something wrong with me. It's a full-time job. Other interest include: Shit and Stuff Like That
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :I AM GOD, GODDAMMIT

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Creepy Doll:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UNITY!

PLEASE KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!

I am with you 100 percent. Want a kick in the teeth?

My older sister voted for the ban on gay marriage here in Florida in Nov. 08. This is the same sister who always tells me she loves me, ask for my advice and help on just about everything, AND divorced her husband of 18 years for no apparent reason other than "he just wasn't exciting."

Me? My man and I have been together 18 years tomorrow. We have no plans and absolutely no indication that we won't be together in 18 more years.

Her reason for voting to deny me my right to marry is because the bible says so. She doesn't even go to fucking church. She says she has read the bible from cover to cover but every time I ask her about a passage that is clearly contradictory or just insane she wants to know WHERE it is because she's never heard of it.

Even though the election was over a year ago, I just asked her a couple of days ago how she voted because of something she said (I don't remember what it was). I thought this entire time she was fine with my being a homo, she certainly didn't act otherwise. I feel betrayed, stabbed in the back, deceived, you name it!

Well, now it's my turn. After our huge fight where I called every name and then made up some of my own, I called her and apologized, told her I loved her, etc. I don't mean a word of it. I'm just going to let her think that every thing is ok until I find the perfect opportunity to yank the rug out from under her.

Why? Because when I told her that we she did hurt me hoping to reason with her and see how she affected someone she loves, her response is that she did not hurt me. How arrogant is she to tell me how I feel. So, using her reasoning, I am now going to "hurt" her, then I am going to decide how she should feel about it.

Jack

#17 OpheliaGinger

OpheliaGinger

Proud Fool

• 6,614 posts
  • Interests:ask me
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Jesus Frankenstein

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Don't vote to keep me from getting married when you yourself can't even stay married.
Proud Fool

#18 Vomit Comet

Vomit Comet

Rationalist

• 5,110 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

LOL, we are human... And that's exactly the point. JC Christians act as if they're somehow above everyone else, particularly gays. As if they didn't have human tendencies and shit.

My dad always told me that bottom-scraping addicts only want others to sink down to their level. I think in some way, these guys want to "spread the pain" of their self-stifling. If they are forced to do it, so should everyone else.

#19 Vomit Comet

Vomit Comet

Rationalist

• 5,110 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

Congrats on the marriage, and I agree that the whole issue is just silly. Of course, I think I figured out part of the problem here in California at least - the conservative minority went out in droves to vote, and the GLBT community made it out, but the large number of those neutral on the subject (who don't care if gays marry, but don't get worked up about it cause it doesn't affect them) didn't bother to vote on the matter. And since the conservatives outnumber the gays, they won. Talking to a number of people who were fairly neutral on the topic I discovered that they just didn't bother voting about it. That easily could have swung the vote in this state, and I would imagine several others as well.

The "progressive" California of popular imagination is limited to a narrow sliver of coastline between Los Angeles and the Bay Area. The rest of California runs the gamut between "Midwestern" and "Montanan" in political and cultural orientation. Non-Californians were shocked at the outcome of Proposition 8. We native Californians were not.

Edited by Vomit Comet, 17 December 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#20 Vomit Comet

Vomit Comet

Rationalist

• 5,110 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

I find it amazing that people call themselves Christian (or another religion) and then to selfish terrible acts...

I don't. To paraphrase a recent GQ article, their religion teaches them that the rest of us are going to "roast in a liquid shit jacuzzi" for all eternity, which cultivates an attitude of smug pity in them. Because the rest of us are dog shit to their God, it's no wonder that they treat us likewise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users