Goodbye Jesus

Christians Are Sex-Obsessed Control Freaks

Creepy Doll

Seriously, what the deuce is up with christian fuckers who seem to think they have the right to control what everyone else does in their own bedroom? Don't they have enough to worry about in their own little deluded world?

In the Christian mind...

* Gay people are ALL about sex. There couldn't possibly be any love or caring for each other involved. It's all about muff diving and ass-pirating.

* Gawd forbid you have sex outside of their "sacred" institution. Unless of course you're gay. If you're gay and for some reason decide to denounce being gay and do the hetero-horizontal mambo, then it's OK.

* Gawd forbid you use protection. That's not "natural" and you should be procreating. But only if you're married, of course.

* You shouldn't masturbate. After all, masturbation requires lust, and lust is bad.

Seriously, it's just fucking insane.

Had to rant. That is all.

I also don't get why Christians are so obsessed with sex but they have no problem with graphic violent movies like Passion of the Christ or with reading the bible. The bible has some of the most graphic sex and violence but they have no problem reading it to little kids but kids playing violent video games will turn them into murderers and thinking any sexual thoughts will turn you into a pervert on the path of sin. And why do Christians never preach a sermon on Genesis chapter 38?

Straight Christians (namely men) tend to forget that the very acts they say is disgusting in homosexual behavior is the exact same acts they do with their partner.

Slaying an infidel (terrorist?) isn't the same as defiling one's self with a "whore", in their minds. Your own body is a temple, but to destroy the body of an infidel is like demolishing a pagan temple.

• 2 weeks later...

Not having sex is very unhealthy Link here

Why do churches continually do damage to people with their dogma? Telling people that having sex, (aside from heterosexual, and for propagation purposes)is sinful is just another way for them to gain, and keep power and control over the sheeple. Who cares if it's physically damaging to the human body?

If they can control sex they can control anything else. Christian fools will guilt trip themselves thinking sex is dirty, thinking they should be ashamed of their sex-play then wail and moan how bad they were to Jesus and only that bastard Jesus can save them from their dirty sex play. Then they start repressing themselves and it breeds all sorts of problems but they delude themselves into thinking they are staying pure for their imaginary friend. Really sad that Christards think intimacy is dirty, something to be ashamed of.

You know I have always noticed this as well and wondered. Growing up in a missionary family I can now firmly state that I think my upbringing with theses kinds of mentalities messed me up for a number of years. Just backwards ignorant thinking.

I suspect the reason sex seems so feared is because they feel it is powerful. Something along the lines of "be the most afraid of the thing that you most desire" or something. I have no clue, odd to say the least.

• Super Moderator

Since we supposedly obsess most about what we can't or don't have, I guess xtians have shitty sex lives and absolutely no control over their own lives (you know, because gawd's in charge).

Sex and control. Xtians don't have either and they WANT it. some. kinda. bad. Since gawd took sex and control from them, they want to take sex and control from the rest of us.

Look how many problems would be solved if they'd just admit life makes more sense without buybull god.

Look how many problems would be solved if they'd just admit life makes more sense without buybull god.

Or if they would just succumb to their kinkiness.

If they can control sex they can control anything else. Christian fools will guilt trip themselves thinking sex is dirty, thinking they should be ashamed of their sex-play then wail and moan how bad they were to Jesus and only that bastard Jesus can save them from their dirty sex play. Then they start repressing themselves and it breeds all sorts of problems but they delude themselves into thinking they are staying pure for their imaginary friend. Really sad that Christards think intimacy is dirty, something to be ashamed of.

Vix,I in no way think sex, or sexplay is dirty. It is actually very fun and a normal healthy activity to do. My problem that I had, was having different partners and having my heart torn apart. Thats what I dont think is healthy. I cannot for one moment view sex as something just purely on physical merits. I think you give a piece of yourself to that person, and if I end up having multiple partners, there is my heart in shattered bits and pieces. For one thing it emotionally hurts. If I can prevent that, then yeah, from now on I will be keeping to one man only. I am not commenting on same sex partnerships or any other forms of sexuality here. Sexuality is fine, good and healthy. I personally, however believe that if I am ever going to participate in it ever again, the man I will be with, will already love me and show that by being my husband, and he will accept me totally.

This may or may not ever happen in my life time. I dont know. What I do know, is I will wait for all my life for that to happen. I am not saying that I wont fall into it and that I am this perfect sickingly sweet person that will be pure until marriage. I cant say that wont happen, cause I havent crossed that bridge yet. Realistically though, it is a huge temptation.

I have come to terms with being single for the rest of my life if need be, until I find the man who will have my heart completely and whole. Im going to protect my heart, and not let it get shredded to bits any more.

I agree that this can be a very scary, hurtful and messed up topic. I cannot tell you how many negative and controlling situations I have seen that involved sex, abuse and religion. Some of those things were even happening in my own home when I was a child, without me finding out (until recently). It has certainly been a source of confusion, outrage and shame.

My therapist shared something with me recently, though. She said that there are two main sections of the brain that are involved in situations like these. One of those sections controls religion, and the other section controls sexual urges. Those two sections of the brain are located right next to each other... so if one of them is damaged or ill, most likely the other one will be damaged or ill as well. That is why, she said, a lot of people with religious issues also end up with sexual issues.

I had never heard that before... but it seems to be a possibility.

Vix,I in no way think sex, or sexplay is dirty. It is actually very fun and a normal healthy activity to do. My problem that I had, was having different partners and having my heart torn apart. Thats what I dont think is healthy. I cannot for one moment view sex as something just purely on physical merits. I think you give a piece of yourself to that person, and if I end up having multiple partners, there is my heart in shattered bits and pieces. For one thing it emotionally hurts. If I can prevent that, then yeah, from now on I will be keeping to one man only. I am not commenting on same sex partnerships or any other forms of sexuality here. Sexuality is fine, good and healthy. I personally, however believe that if I am ever going to participate in it ever again, the man I will be with, will already love me and show that by being my husband, and he will accept me totally.

This may or may not ever happen in my life time. I dont know. What I do know, is I will wait for all my life for that to happen. I am not saying that I wont fall into it and that I am this perfect sickingly sweet person that will be pure until marriage. I cant say that wont happen, cause I havent crossed that bridge yet. Realistically though, it is a huge temptation.

I have come to terms with being single for the rest of my life if need be, until I find the man who will have my heart completely and whole. Im going to protect my heart, and not let it get shredded to bits any more.

There is nothing wrong with having different sex partners. Again, you are turning sex into some end all be all. Would you have a huge guilt trip about having different tennis partners or the like? It's an activity and while yes, usually better when there is a good connection to someone it doesn't have to be that way. You can have sex just to freaking have sex. Society seems to demand that females only have sex for love. You can buy into that craptastic misogynist world view if you want. It's absurd to think you'll only have it with a husband. But your vagina, your choice. I'd feel sorry for you if you wait, get married and then he freaking sucks in bed.

Vix,I in no way think sex, or sexplay is dirty. It is actually very fun and a normal healthy activity to do. My problem that I had, was having different partners and having my heart torn apart. Thats what I dont think is healthy. I cannot for one moment view sex as something just purely on physical merits. I think you give a piece of yourself to that person, and if I end up having multiple partners, there is my heart in shattered bits and pieces. For one thing it emotionally hurts.

I happen to agree with you here, and it makes me wonder why Christians don’t focus on this aspect of sex more often when discussing it with their children or with society. Yes, premarital sex can give you a disease, it may also be against what you believe god wants for you, but what I don’t hear very often is how powerful sex can be in emotionally binding someone to a total LOSER! Most kids are ignorant of this; they don’t understand how our brains operate during sex and don’t realize that there is a bigger risk in finding yourself emotionally bound to someone who may not be good for you than there is in getting as STD.

A lot of this stuff goes back to St. Augustine - he was one of the earliest and most influential Christian thinkers (he lived 354-430 CE, and the New Testament was canonized around 400 CE). His Confessions introduced the idea that sexual passion is a sinful corruption of the procreative, lust-less sexuality that existed in the Garden of Eden before the fall of man. He really got his foot in the door relatively early and he is definitely responsible for some of Christianity's least awesome ideas.

You can also thank Augustine for the concept of Original Sin, and for quite a bit of misogyny.

There is nothing wrong with having different sex partners.

Ummm... STDs? 1 in 4 women in America currently have herpes according to the CDC. That's 25% percent. Condoms are not as effective as is commonly thought against herpes. Condom use reduces the risk of Herpes by 30%, which means you have a 70% chance of getting herpes with a condom! I don't like those odds.

See http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-herpes.htm

See http://www.healthnews.com/family-health/sexual-health/consistent-condom-use-can-reduce-risk-herpes-30-percent-3455.html

Ummm... STDs? 1 in 4 women in America currently have herpes according to the CDC. That's 25% percent. Condoms are not as effective as is commonly thought against herpes. Condom use reduces the risk of Herpes by 30%, which means you have a 70% chance of getting herpes with a condom! I don't like those odds.

See http://www.healthnews.com/family-health/sexual-health/consistent-condom-use-can-reduce-risk-herpes-30-percent-3455.html

No....no. That isn't how percentages work.

And? So masturbate for the rest of your life if you are so worried.

You know where another set of herpes comes from? The mouth--i.e. cold sores.

What bothers me the most about making sex "dirty" in the christian mind (this applies to the other two Abrahamic religions as well), is that it goes hand-in-hand with making women lesser/evil/dirty. This happens in parts of Buddhism and Hinduism as well, the line between culture and religion there is often blurred, but Abrahamism has done a wonderful job of equating women with sex, and sex with evil. This is why Neo-Paganism has such a resurgence starting in the 70's with the Woman's Movement. They were sick of Daddy God telling them to pretend they don't have vaginas, and many felt the need to connect (or re-connect) with Big Momma, and their own sexual power.

What bothers me the most about making sex "dirty" in the christian mind (this applies to the other two Abrahamic religions as well), is that it goes hand-in-hand with making women lesser/evil/dirty. This happens in parts of Buddhism and Hinduism as well, the line between culture and religion there is often blurred, but Abrahamism has done a wonderful job of equating women with sex, and sex with evil. This is why Neo-Paganism has such a resurgence starting in the 70's with the Woman's Movement. They were sick of Daddy God telling them to pretend they don't have vaginas, and many felt the need to connect (or re-connect) with Big Momma, and their own sexual power.

I agree - I never could stomach how any of those religions address women. I had dinner with some friends and our youth pastor once, and he made a comment about me being a "good woman" when I - out of affection and kindness, not "obedience" - cleared everyone's plates for them. The worst part was that he meant it as a compliment. Ugh. If nothing else, Christianity gave me a feminist chip on my shoulder a mile wide.

We were born into the wrong generation. The Baby Boomers were swimming in a sea of fuck all the way up to the Reagan years.

Religion may have started the whole "sex is dirty/bad/wrong/dangerous/evil" thing, but from this thread and other conversations I've had on the topic it seems clear to me that religious people aren't the only ones who believe it.

I can't tell you how many times I've started a discussion, online or off, where every single sex-positive statement I make is immediately met by a statement about how sex is bad in some way. Whether it's nitpicking statistics about disease, a laundry list of potential emotional problems "caused" by sex, or a lecture on the failure rate of one birth control method or another, it sure looks as if religious prudes have been quite successful at selling their abstinence-only, sex-negative message. And it ain't just other religious prudes who've been buying.

And it seems like more than just a matter of trying to know and understand the risks of sex as part of a healthy, well-rounded attitude towards one's own sexuality. If it were just that, I'd expect that more responses to sex-positive statements would be met with a balanced reply - a reply that would acknowledge risks without a sense of panic, yet also acknowledge potential benefits. More often than not, this isn't the case. Too much of the time, I can't say a damn word in favor of sex without it being shot down by someone else's sexual paranoia.

I'm a firm believer in consenting adults being in charge of their own sexuality and determining what is sexually safe and healthy for them. I don't give a damn about the details and I don't care what sort of sex life (or lack thereof) consenting adults create for themselves. It's really no skin off my ass if someone thinks sex is bad and doesn't want to have it - fine, not a problem, it's your life, and it's up to you what your sexual needs are. Just don't ruin it for the rest of us, thankyouverymuch.

/rant

And it seems like more than just a matter of trying to know and understand the risks of sex as part of a healthy, well-rounded attitude towards one's own sexuality. If it were just that, I'd expect that more responses to sex-positive statements would be met with a balanced reply - a reply that would acknowledge risks without a sense of panic, yet also acknowledge potential benefits. More often than not, this isn't the case. Too much of the time, I can't say a damn word in favor of sex without it being shot down by someone else's sexual paranoia.

I've kind of noticed this, too. Wow, there's just such a current "up-tightness" about sex and sensual fulfillment right now in our culture. Especially in N. America. My Euro friends seem a little more at ease with this stuff.

Creepy Doll,

One of the funniest conversations I've had with a Xtian was over sex. He claimed that any sex that didn't try to conceive a baby was by his definition, masturbation. He said it didn't mater how you got your sexual organs excited and off, it was all the same, masturbation.

I think he had a funny point, and at least he wasn't harsh on gays like you'd think, he just lumped everyone who didn't only procreate as "Masturbators"

:lmao: