Goodbye Jesus

My Brother's Facebook Status

Seeking

Ew, I didn't know Beck could write. I should say, "write." So maybe what your brother is doing shouldn't be strictly called "reading."

If my sister was found with a Beck book, I'd smack her with it.

Beck probably hired somebody else to write for him like Sarah Palin did.

I closed my Facebook account the day I found my twin brother was promoting all of Glenn Beck’s books. I never even knew he read books. I found out from his 18 year daughter that indeed he had not read a book in twenty years until Glenn came on the scene. I don’t want to know that much about my brother. I would rather stay in my fantasy world and believe he has a brain. That is when I closed my Facebook account. I just don’t want to know.

Ew, I didn't know Beck could write. I should say, "write." So maybe what your brother is doing shouldn't be strictly called "reading."

If my sister was found with a Beck book, I'd smack her with it.

Because I'm too lazy today to look up that person...who is is? Why is it simply "writing"? lol.

Glenn Beck is a Faux News "journalist" with Nazi tourettes. He uses hyperbole and fear to drive sheeple to listen to his hateful and psychotic rants. You're better off not knowing him, really.

Beck probably hired somebody else to write for him like Sarah Palin did.

As did Obama. And why not, why not get someone else to help you write what you want to say. I know I suck as a writer and if I ever had something valuable to say would employ someone else to help me get it on paper. The problem with our culture is we pretend that this is a bad thing and not happening, ie that most of us are incredibly sucky writers, regardless of how intelligent we might be or what ideas we might have that need promoting. I wish all these books we be completely honest and just list the other writer/writers that took part int he production of the book. Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope", could be by Obama AND such and such, I personally wouldn't think anything of it.

For an entertaining read about ghostwriting in the evangelical world, you must read Mel White (yes the now outspoken gay activist who once was a evangelical ghost writer) book "Religion Gone Bad: The Hidden Dangers of the Christian Right" for a fun read about ghostwriting for that culture. In the case of the book he ghost wrote for Pat Robertson, Pat didn't read a single page before it was published.

Guest I Love Dog

Here's what my 21-year-old brother's Facebook status read this morning (for the record, he basically just parrots everything he hears my parents say):

Our Country was founded on Biblical Principles and we stayed strong and prospered. Now we don't teach our kids the Bible in schools and crime, volentary abortion, and young pregnancies have skyrocketed! Sure we are the leading Country in the world but not leading in good things. We have the highest rate of all those... things. WE NEED GOD BACK IN THE SCHOOLS!!!!

The leading country in the World in what? The belief in the devil, demons and angels? The paranormal? God worship? The highest rate of Christianity in the world seems to equate to one of the highest crime rates in the World, a strong belief in gun ownership with the 3rd in the World gun deaths, a very low standard social security system, the worship of the dollar, with such vast extremes of wealth, incredible rates of drug dependency, homelessness, etc. If the USA is the result of Christianity, well, I'm glad I'm an atheist.

I love how if you post a counter-argument he says you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet but wants you to believe everything he says on the Internet.

That's exactly what I thought!

Anyway, it's the expectation of exchanges like these that has kept me from getting on Facebook. Of course, I also don't need yet another thing to require time from me, but I would be more interested in using Facebook to get in touch with people I haven't seen or heard from in a long time if it wasn't for the fact that most of the people close to me are religious.

Excuse me but no we dont , that would make ANY country bad. I have lived all my school time almost 90% in religion based schools = TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. We spended all the time in church getting brainwashed , praying and doing a lot of garbage wich wasnt even needed at all ( plus add up the same bible stories over and over again , since almost 80% of the bible is bullshit anyway )(P.S dont forget the constant scare tactics, oh and drop it the completly nuts teachers ) ; it only would take away the chance for anyone WITH AN ACTUAL BRAIN to actually make something of his life , instead of growing up knowing all the bible from cover to cover.

I dont hold any hate to christians anymore , but please stay away from the only place were people COULD MAYBE grow a brain. Is not gonna do any change neither , people is gonna lie when being forced anyway , i have seen people who used to look really christian but once they were out they openly said they were atheist.