Goodbye Jesus

You Give Love A Bad Name

Paradox

Guest Valk0010

I would say your a victim of moral high horse syndrome. Also polish turd.

So what christians have done good things, hamas builds schools. Short of it...what your saying doesn't matter.

No, to be serious, there are evidently some very emotionally fraught personal testimonies that people relate to this messageboard.....

And your message is . . . wait for it . . . they didn't experience True Christianity (of which you will gladly enlighten us).

Yeh well Christianity, I think, is *fundamentally* about forgiveness and compassion. (Forget everything else!) I am not, as another poster suggested, going to get on a high moral horse, because I always really struggled with forgiveness, so could not possibly claim (and could never have possibly claimed) to be some 'top notch' Christian (not that I would ever have wanted to!).

The oldest Bibles (the Sinaiticus, the Alexandrian Bible and the Vatican Bible) don't so much as mention the Resurrection, or the Davidian bloodline, or the Messianic prophesies, or half the other things we are taught about Jesus. Ultra-violet tests by the British Museum in the 1930's proved that these were all added in centuries later. There's a guy who regularly gives sermons at the chapel I used to attend, who says it's probable that there was no supernatural Resurrection. The Chaplain (like many others there) thinks that's fine. Can't we all be a bit more like liberals? I mean, unassuming?

But I stress I am *not* a Christian apologist. I just don't want to see the better side of Christianity --- that is to say, liberal Chritianity, which holds that compassion is paramount in our relationship with God -- conflated with with the worse side.

And the 'polished turd' joke is wearing a bit thin, I thought (pun intended :) ).

I've not been around for a few weeks but this post caught my eye.

I'm amazed at how many trolls come here thinking they are going to be 'the one' to make all the difference.

Paradox... you are one of A LOT of people who come here trying to con us into just giving your way of delivering the 'message' a chance. Try to understand this: There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can say and NO WAY you can say it that is going to convince these people to return to the 'fold'. Most of us don't really give a crap about your experience with 'good xtians' or the reason why you feel you need to present things in a different albeit familiar (to all of us) light.

None of us come to your church blog and try to convince you to stop drinking the kool-aid, so why do you feel you have the right to do it to us? I'm so going to enjoy watching the regs on these forums hand you your ass as they kick you right out the virtual door. And you know what? You deserve it. Go AWAY, what your doing is HARASSING us in our own forum. None of us give a shit what you think, what you believe or how you feel we should conduct our forum... what NERVE. Then you wonder why none of us want anything to do with you or your cult. Get the F**k out and stay out...

• Like 1

I've not been around for a few weeks but this post caught my eye.

I'm amazed at how many trolls come here thinking they are going to be 'the one' to make all the difference.

Paradox... you are one of A LOT of people who come here trying to con us into just giving your way of delivering the 'message' a chance. Try to understand this: There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can say and NO WAY you can say it that is going to convince these people to return to the 'fold'. Most of us don't really give a crap about your experience with 'good xtians' or the reason why you feel you need to present things in a different albeit familiar (to all of us) light.

None of us come to your church blog and try to convince you to stop drinking the kool-aid, so why do you feel you have the right to do it to us? I'm so going to enjoy watching the regs on these forums hand you your ass as they kick you right out the virtual door. And you know what? You deserve it. Go AWAY, what your doing is HARASSING us in our own forum. None of us give a shit what you think, what you believe or how you feel we should conduct our forum... what NERVE. Then you wonder why none of us want anything to do with you or your cult. Get the F**k out and stay out...

I will be praying for you.

</joke>

</windup>

I thought that christians were meant to be honest, but they aren't because they won't even admit the evil they do to others. Kind of contravenes the whole point of being a christian in the first place really

You make my point for me.

Really how do you figure that? You really don't get that for some of us our association with christianity was like a very long and very bad marriage. For fuck's sake allow people their opinions and their own ways of dealing with something. We don't want any more to do with it. End of story.

You don't like liberal theism, right?

I don't mind people having ideas and beliefs--on their own time and own dime.

But I do have an issue with religious people thinking that this place is for harvesting followers.

That's like telling an alcoholic he should know that being drunk is a good thing, or a crackhead that is undergoing therapy needs to be told not all drug dealers are bad people. We lived through it and know of it's evil. The religion, not the entirety of it's following, is what makes it bad.

No, to be serious, there are evidently some very emotionally fraught personal testimonies that people relate to this messageboard, and when situations get quite so critical and so strained, I always think it does well to present a balanced viewpoint, not one that this infused with invective.

I do sometimes get amazed at the self importance of some of the new comers that turn up here. Balanced view of xanity? :lmao:

You must be joking, this site is our home away from the evil that had pervaded our lives, our help in .....

but why am i explaining it to you, you won't understand, you will just keep sprouting you pro christian rubbish.

Well, let's put it this way: I thought it was one-sidedness of ideals/ideology/argumentation that you were, in essence, loathing. I still think you are remiss for neglecting the distinction between church and faith.

What are you doing on this site if you have no intention of spewing your bile in the ears of heathens? You've said that you read some of our testimonies, how many do you have to read to get the whole picture positioned correctly in your mind? We've been through the roller-coaster ride, we've been through the mud and passed over barbed wire fences to get where we are today, the tragedy that your "religion" forced us through is nothing we're going to lightly reconsider for peons such as your self waltzing in here with your purported milk & honey watered down-home grown version of christianity. Please, and you even have the spineless audacity to say we're smearing shit on the whole concept of "love" by creating a site to accumulate people with the same experiences so that we can collectively heal from the pain.

I will lump you in with the rest of em' the people that believe firmly in their own ideas of what spiritual truth is, the truth is none of us really know whats going on yet, and religion so far has not revealed anything about reality other than how far people of a limit people can take their idiocy to. Has your faith cured disease, built marvelous machines, built a global communication network, pulled back the curtains of whats out in our universe, unveiled the mystery of how we came to live on this planet, taken people to the moon and back, actually giving limbs back to amputees...? YOUR FAITH HAS NOT DONE SHIT.

Many of we at Ex-C devoted good portions of our lives inside the bubble of christianity, please spare us your arrogant ignorant shit, I have nothing else to say to you. :devilfinger:

Guest I Love Dog
The reality was that I was habitually bullied by materialistic, arrogant, cruel, hormone-packed, Godless bastards, who, as a result of their actions, have infested me with demons

There are millions of "godless" people who are totally loving, caring and accepting and there are millions of Christians who are bastards.

Why some people are bastards generally has nothing to do with belief or non-belief, unless you're like Fred Phelps or the KKK. Non-belief rarely spawns bastardism but with belief/religion it's all too frequent.

the onus is on you to prove that you are not trying to traduce those who acted as my friends at school (by whom I mean those who protected me -- the smallest, palest, weediest person in my year, in my teens -- from the bullying bastards).

Many of us here, if not most, separate the belief from the believer. Most of us have family and friends who are still believers who we love dearly. Thus, we would never want to hate them or less for their beliefs.

But what do you say to those here who were bullied by believers? There are many and some of the abuses have been horrific.

Personally I find no value in faith. If others do, that's fine by me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to tip toe around the subject on this forum, which has kindly been provided to give us all just one small place in this world where we can openly and honestly express our true thoughts.

You're new here and many times new visitors will take your approach to this forum. They also tend to change their minds after a while. Give it some time. You may change your view points on this forum as well.

Yeh well Christianity, I think, is *fundamentally* about forgiveness and compassion. (Forget everything else!)

Actually, it's about first making you feel guilty via contrived means, then it's about forgiveness and compassion as long as you accept 'our' route.

Seriously, we are all sick to death of xianity. It was jammed down our throats for years. For those who stayed home and didn't run off to Russia like me, it's all around them every day. This is the one place in most of our lives xianity is not. You need to understand that before you can appreciate the beauty of this site. This site is needed by a certain niche, desperately, just as it is.

well, Paradox, you were being bullied by the Godless bastards because of your belief in jesus or you are just an obnoxious pompous idiot?

Yeh well Christianity, I think, is *fundamentally* about forgiveness and compassion. (Forget everything else!) I am not, as another poster suggested, going to get on a high moral horse, because I always really struggled with forgiveness, so could not possibly claim (and could never have possibly claimed) to be some 'top notch' Christian (not that I would ever have wanted to!).

The oldest Bibles (the Sinaiticus, the Alexandrian Bible and the Vatican Bible) don't so much as mention the Resurrection, or the Davidian bloodline, or the Messianic prophesies, or half the other things we are taught about Jesus. Ultra-violet tests by the British Museum in the 1930's proved that these were all added in centuries later. There's a guy who regularly gives sermons at the chapel I used to attend, who says it's probable that there was no supernatural Resurrection. The Chaplain (like many others there) thinks that's fine. Can't we all be a bit more like liberals? I mean, unassuming?

But I stress I am *not* a Christian apologist. I just don't want to see the better side of Christianity --- that is to say, liberal Chritianity, which holds that compassion is paramount in our relationship with God -- conflated with with the worse side.

And the 'polished turd' joke is wearing a bit thin, I thought (pun intended :) ).

You have just done what we have seen done a thousand times. You have come here to tell us about the "true" Christianity that no one else understands except for you (and a relatively few others) and if we could just understand it like you do, we would come running back to it. Well, here's a mathematical forumula for you to mull over:

B + S = BS

Where B = Your "true" understanding of Christianity; and

Where S = The number of other "true" versions of Christianity: and

Where BS = How high the bullshit stacks.

... But I stress I am *not* a Christian apologist. I just don't want to see the better side of Christianity --- that is to say, liberal Chritianity, which holds that compassion is paramount in our relationship with God -- conflated with with the worse side. ...

You might be a nice person (except when you are being a pompous ass implying that other people should reformat their thinking, and activities on this site, to coincide with your opinions), but I think you are somewhat immature. Do you really believe that compassion was invented in ±33 A.D.? Do you think one must be a Christian in order to be a good and compassionate person?

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
Steven Weinberg, US physicist, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

Personally, I don't give a damn about a so-called relationship with God, since I don't think the old bastard exists. I am more interested in having relationships with real people and extending my compassion to real people because it's the right thing to do and makes the world run better, not because some ancient book of fairy tales and propaganda tells me to.

Maybe you should look into Humanism. It enables one to maintain a compassionate outlook without having to ascribe to a myth-based religion which was established to control people. (Unless, of course, you like the idea of controlling people?)

• Super Moderator
I just don't want to see the better side of Christianity --- that is to say, liberal Chritianity, which holds that compassion is paramount in our relationship with God -- conflated with with the worse side.

Perhaps you should take this plea to Christian groups. Maybe you can persuade some of the Bible believing faithful to adopt a lukewarm version of the religion. Most of us here consider the whole system, whatever costume it may wear at the moment, to be at the least invalid and in many cases toxic.

• Like 1

This is probably not the place for you.

I kindda take your point, but I also find it hard to see how anyone can enjoy preaching to the converted. Sorry, deconverted. Don't you guys like a bit of spice, a bit of pluralism, a bit of contrast of viewpoint, here and there?

There's plenty of that here without the Xtian intrusions.

unless you're like Fred Phelps

Fred Felch - I think we should all alter his name to that everywhere we post - it's much more apropos.

well, Paradox, you were being bullied by the Godless bastards because of your belief in jesus or you are just an obnoxious pompous idiot?

I didn't have a belief in Jesus at school. And despite what everyone seems to be assuming, neither do I now. I'm the one here who is advocating a less tunnel-visioned approach (and I have given reasons, too); what is wrong with that? Oh, it's pompous, arrogant etc.. I should have known! You all keep rubbing it in that I am a newbie and telling me that I should f- off because my beliefs (as you construe them) stink. I have never known anything like this on any other forum.

To the Moderator: you're OK about all this abuse, are you?

To the Moderator: you're OK about all this abuse, are you?

I will solve it the way we usually solve it, by closing this thread.