Goodbye Jesus

God Hates Babies

foolish girl

So my christian friend is hurting.

Her Brother's wife had the baby prematurely. I have been watching my friend's kids all week because she packed up and drove out of state to be there for her family. The day before this baby was born, some prenatal tests came back negative.

"Thank GOD! Noah doesn't have_____-__________...he is perfectly healthy, PRAIZE THE LORD...!!!!" All over FB.

So we are happy. Okay then praise the lord, whatever.

Then within 6 hours of that post he is born prematurely. He has been touch and go all week.

I feel badly for the family. EVERYONE on her page is "praying" for them of course.

And he gets worse

and worse.

Here is her latest update:

"Noah had a massive brain hemmorghage this afternoon. The right side of his brain is not functioning. The various hemispheres of the brain are not developed. He has a very severe, unexplained infection. IF he survives, he will be severely mentally challenged. Please pray for Noah, Michael, Mindy, Jakob, Sammy and the rest of our extended family. GOD is still our ROCK!!!"

What does god have to do with it at this point? God made him, made him premature,allowed the hemorrhage...ignored all of the prayers....?

Isn't life easier without god?

So much easier to say "this hurts, I am sad, this sucks" instead of PLEASE GOD...then nothing happens....then the bad thing...then the rest of your life trying to make it ok that god killed the baby.

"We had a lesson to learn, he taught us..the baby is in heaven now..."

ugh.

While everyone else is praying, I am watching her kids. I think it helps more.

this has been a poorly formed rant.

-fin-

• Super Moderator

It certainly does, though it may go unrecognized since no supplication to the supernatural is involved. You have actually done something worthwhile on your own.

• Like 4

Absolutely! It is a lot easier to know that occasionally life sucks than to thrash around trying to understand and justify why god let it happen.

By the way, your friend is lucky to have you in her life!

You're grieving, just like your friend. We deal with life and death as individuals, but sometimes it's easier as a group. It's too bad people can not recognize the insanity of religion. But when a person is locked inside a box, it's hard to imagine life outside that box.

Compassion to you and your friends.

I hate to hear that.

I really hate the way xtians try to justify things. I had to listen to a speaker yesterday (rape survivor) who kept blabbing on and on about "God's plan" and "forgiveness" (yeah, when you're banking on the fact that the guy is in hell now). Its really depressing if not pathetic.

Sorry to hear about your friend's situation - my own younger brother was born prematurely and has dealt with developmental challenges his whole life.

It's very sad to hear of a "premie" not doing well with our medical advancements and we all wish for a different outcome.(((hugs))) to you and the family FG.

So much easier to say "this hurts, I am sad, this sucks" instead of PLEASE GOD...then nothing happens....then the bad thing...then the rest of your life trying to make it ok that god killed the baby.

ugh.

-fin-

You're a good friend foolish girlfriend! I always feel real bad when any type of disaster happens to anyone. I hate to see any human suffer on this earth.

And yes - Life makes way more sense to me without god.

I was in quite the accident the other day. Just came out of the shock of it all. Car written off - probably physio for a few months. I would always have ask - ''why this - why now''?

Now I know - wrong place at wrong time......... So sorry to hear about this dear little baby.

Sorry to hear about that... it is heartbreaking and devastating.

Some friends of mine went through something similar. She was pregnant with twins. The boy twin turned out to have severe defects and health problems. He eventually died after one month on life support. It was heart-rending.

All the same questions and rationalizing about why God allowed this to happen. It just made me ill.... all I could do was be quietly supportive and stayed away from making any statements other than sympathy.

ugh.

-fin-

You're a good friend foolish girlfriend! I always feel real bad when any type of disaster happens to anyone. I hate to see any human suffer on this earth.

And yes - Life makes way more sense to me without god.

I was in quite the accident the other day. Just came out of the shock of it all. Car written off - probably physio for a few months. I would always have ask - ''why this - why now''?

Now I know - wrong place at wrong time......... So sorry to hear about this dear little baby.

:ouch:I' so sorry that you got broken. I am so glad that you are fixable.

:kiss:<---here is for your boo-boo.

It is so sad to see these things happen. I am glad that you can help your friend.

Does anyone know what is coming next?----------------> It is god's will. Yep, I always found that so helpful;(

It is soooooo much easier to believe that sometimes things are good and sometimes they are not.

Foolish Girl, you really did the honest thing, you admit that you could not have done anything, sometimes shit just happens. Much better than trying to justify something that could be immoral anyway.

If God does exist and he had the famous attributes of knowing everything, all-powerful and etc then he has to be the most evil being to ever exist, since he has seen this and felt this a billion times, if not trillion times yet he did nothing.

Forget about psychopathy, since God is said to be all loving, this means he has empathy and if he can manage to over come it all these times against his own core being without any guilt or difficulty, then he has a new state of evil that would make even Hitler gasp.

(a moral impossibility if you have to have it as a paradox - I'm aware of these science experiments where people electrify a supposedly horrible person on orders, because even though that they may be nice but it is possible to do evil without knowing it. Not that it'd be all good, they'd have to seek forgiveness for that. Hardline law and order has a lot to answer for...)

It would be preferable if God'd just admitted that he's an asshole since that can be built upon because he's an immortal being. Eternity is more than enough time to change. Yet he refuses to admit that he's an asshole (or a new sort of a bad guy who is nice but at the same time, he does deliberately bad acts and nothing) and now I understand why you said that it's easier to live without God since this is all an ethical and philosophical morass.

I'm sorry about your friend's pain and hope she gets better and that her child gets through it. Nothing worse than having to see your baby getting terribly sick and possibly dying. Nothing is worse than seeing who you love suffer and nothing worse than seeing your loved ones cope with their loved ones' suffering. Suffering is meaningless contrary to what the religions may say and it hard to convert it to anything else within a religious framework. Hope that you can cope well too. My thoughts are with you all at this time.

I'm sorry for your friend, foolish girl, i can't imagine what that must be like, sorry for you as well, it can't be easy to see such things happen to a friend or a helpless child

That is one thing that always annoyed me, whenever things are good we praise god, when things are bad, we say it's his plan and we can't understand his ways and praise god anyways or that it's the devil or our faults. We would never let a person get away with that, if they had the ability to do something and didn't we would be quite angry with them indeed, in fact they might even be hated. Yet they don't even acknowledge any fault on god's part. Even as a christian i was annoyed how they attributed everything to god and said you should ask for god's help first, even when you had something like a head ache....

Yes things are easier when you just see things as happening or not happening, not someone's will or some plot.

Another one that always gets me is when they say it's "man's fault, we sinned in the garden and so everything's gone to hell" yeah....babies that haven't even had the chance to make a decision are feeling the effects of two people screwing up thousands of years ago, that makes loads of sense. Imagine if we punished children for such things in such a harsh manner?? "You ate a cookie when i told you not to even though you didn't know right from wrong, you're doomed to burning in hell"

hope things get better for the child, i hope the doctors can do what god refuses to :/

• Like 1

I read your words in sadness for these people; what a devistating time for them. You are being a wonderful friend; prayers are easy – you don't even have to move from your computer – to offer your services as a babysitter puts you in the middle of their pain, carrying some of that burden. To me, this is the higher ground.

When I lost everything a few years' back; my husband of 20 years, my two step daughters that were like my own, a grandson who was the best thing to ever happen to me, my career, my home, my possessions, most of my friends... I did the whole "I had lessons to learn" thing. Sure, I had being praying for years that God would protect me from myself (I am bipolar type I); that he would hold me in the palm of his hand, take away my free will even, and keep me from losing everything in a manic. But he didn't; I had a serious twist off and my life was destroyed.

When, after being so sure that "where God closes one door, he opens another", I spent several years in near isolation and poverty, crying daily in the wracking sobs of someone whose very soul was breaking, I said to myself, "He must break me to rebuild me. This is a test and if I remain faithful, I shall be rewarded."

Each little devistation was a lesson to be learned. Each little achievement was a carrot to keep going. When things went okay, I praised God. When the rug was pulled back out before I could actually stand, it was my fault – there was something I wasn't getting. At no time did I credit myself with the ability to survive; with the ability to wake up screaming in emotional pain only to get up and face yet another day I didn't want to be alive for. He got the glory; I got the shame for not being quite good enough for the 'blessings' I craved – the things Christianity taught me would be mine if I had 'enough faith'.

My life is still far from back to good; I am still sorely damaged and my emotional life is still precarious at best. But, funnily enough, with the shedding of the ideal that "God" is somehow part of this equasion, for the first time in seven years, I feel a wee glimmer of hope.

• Like 2