Goodbye Jesus

Post Your Own Quotes.

Josefe

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." [Treaty of Tripoli 1796] ~George Washington

|_____|_____|_____| Let Us Keep a _|_____|_____|_____|

|__|_____|_____|__ Wall of Separation _|_____|_____|__|

|_____|_____|_____|____ Between ____|_____|_____|_____|

|__|_____|_____|___ Church and State __|_____|_____|__|

|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|

|__|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|__|

American Atheist http://www.atheists.org/atheism/Searchable_Atheist_Quotes

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

Reason, logic and rational thought is the theist's epiphany to true enlightenment - me

'Don't bother me right now. I'm busy doing what the voices in my wife's head are telling her to tell me.' --unk.

• Like 1

"Of all religions the Christian is without doubt the one which should inspire tolerance most, although up to now the Christians have been the most intolerant of all men." - Voltaire"

"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mendela.

one of those i try to live by every day.

• 2 weeks later...

"I personally think of religious buildings as intellectual and emotional torture chambers where reason and logic go to die."~ searchinwithnoagenda Ex-Christians.net

I'm only posting this cos I could not fit all of it into my signature. I wanted it to be a blue colour so excuse the Soviet ugliness of my new signature.

Here it is:

"Don't be afraid to be a fool. Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying yes begins things. Saying yes is how things grow. Saying yes leads to knowledge. 'Yes' is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say yes." - Stephen Colbert

• Like 1

"The grandeur, awesomeness, the absolute sheer beauty of the universe: this is something more than the christian's primitive god."~ Josefe

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." ~ Albert Einstein

"As peoplebecome more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers." Robert G. Ingersoll

• Like 1

The only thing that disturbs me more than the bible is the people who knowingly defend it. -freeasabird

"Behold! The salt of the Earth was merely a cheap condiment."

~The Prophecies of Foxy Methoxy 1:1

"The one thing all religions have in common is the belief a higher power is fucking with them."

~The Gospel of Foxy Methoxy 6:31

The salt of the earth belongs in the sea since if its left on our land it kills our crops.

The salt of the Earth belongs on fried food.

• 2 weeks later...

God should be executed for crimes against humanity. – Bryan Emmanuel Gutierrez

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. – Robert Pirsig

Religion is a game of hide and seek that lasts your whole lifetime. Then, the day you die god pops up from behind the cosmic couch and says "BOO, burn in hell motherfucker!" - freeasabird

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for diarrhea."

Albert Einstein (while eating spicy wings at Hooters)

"The limits on human understanding are profound, and what god is asking us to do is lie to ourselves and say "we know" without earning that certainty first. It attempts to assault an orderly set of certainties, held in porportion to the evidence, by laying out a ridiculous set of rewards and punishments to scare us or tempt us into belief. But pursuing such a certainty is vain, because an honest assessment of the evidence is the key to obtaining everything in life, and it only stands to reason it would be the key to obtaining any afterlife that might actually exist. If you give up your honesty, you give up everything else that might set you free." ~ MichaelS Ex-Chrustian.Net

"Christianity is a primitive religious system from a primitive time and it has no place in our scientific, rational world anymore."~ Hercules Ex-Christian.Net

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." – Steven Weinberg

• 2 months later...

Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams "

Religion is like a virus that affects the behaviour of its host in such a way as to propagate itself further. – Jack Pritchard

Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that. – Ronnie Snow

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? – Epicurus

Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color. – Don Hirschberg

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Roberts