Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, ConsiderTheSource said:

So... If a religious person thinks that there exist not one case where the ownership of one human by another human is allowable/moral, they are wrong.  Reference Exodus Chapter 21.

Objective morality anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NowWhat said:

This may have been posted before, but it makes me laugh, yet also cringe, at how I used to give credit to god for the most mundane things.

d_FUlsUdd1nmxiAlu48M2SK3P3Lgox4wZO8XZgw7-ho.jpg

Someone should have pointed out that it is not EXACTLY 2/3 cups. It appears that way because of the bubbles. If the camera was actually held level you'd see the actual level is halfway between the 4oz and 2/3 lines.

Not only is it mundane, its wrong!

On 11/2/2017 at 10:20 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Someone should have pointed out that it is not EXACTLY 2/3 cups. It appears that way because of the bubbles. If the camera was actually held level you'd see the actual level is halfway between the 4oz and 2/3 lines.

Yes! On the site I found this (Reddit) someone actually commented along the lines of, "You'd think God would be a little more precise. That is not 'EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY' 2/3 of a cup."

5 hours ago, NowWhat said:

Yes! On the site I found this (Reddit) someone actually commented along the lines of, "You'd think God would be a little more precise. That is not 'EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY' 2/3 of a cup."

They allow God a "margin of error" :lmao::jesus:

• Haha 3

This was not posted on Facebook. I read it elsewhere. This is a comment from one Christian to another explaining why prayer does not work and, why prayer cannot possibly ever work.

Prayer, in its most purest form, is an attempt to manipulate or create energy. For example.

A Christian prays to have a bag of gold. If that prayer were successful, would require the materialization of matter out of nothing. Which is possible within quantum mechanics.

Such a creation of energy into matter would obey the conservation of energy, and would result in an bag of anti-gold to materialize as well. That way the net energy output is zero.

That bag of anti gold would immediately annihilate with the surrounding matter and would vaporize the Christian and the nearby countryside.

This would happen every time someone prayed for a material good. Lottery tickets, a new leg, bringing back dead parents, etc etc. Each successful prayer would be immediately followed by a matter/anti matter explosion.

So thank zombie Jesus prayers don't work!

Go ahead and read the comments section attached to this article at the bottom of the page. It is absolutely mind-boggling.

Actor Tells Rep. Ryan: ‘If Prayers Did Anything,’ Texas Victims ‘Would Still Be Alive, You Worthless Sack of Sh*t’ -- https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/actor-wil-wheaton-paul-ryan-if-prayers-did-anything-texas-victims-would-still

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

“God is doing about 10,000 things all at once in our lives [and multiply that by all the people in the world!!], and we are only aware of three or four of them.” 1f604.png😄1f44f.png👏 John Piper

On 12/4/2011 at 10:41 AM, Sybaris said:

I don't live in PA but there is a problem with the Amish and their puppy mills where I live as well. It is funny how the Amish are almost revered in film and literature for their simplistic and gawd fearing way of life but if you live around them you quickly learn that they're just ignorant (literally) nutters just like any other fundy.

Due to the limited population and their strict doctrine, there is also inbreeding in the Amish population. And they won't get medically tested before having children to see if there may be potential genetic issues.  I think the initial Amish population in the US was around 200, now there are ~250,000.  So you do the math.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This (misspellings included) in the FB comment section for a story on Ryan Shazier, the Pittsburgh Steeler player who suffered a spinal injury last week.........

"I come before the thrown of God today decreeing and declaring a full recovery for Ryan Shazier in Jesus Name! I rebuke the swrlling and bruising and declare it must leave. I come against any doubt and fear and pray for him to not just recover but have a speedy recovery that baffles the doctors. I pray for his emotions to be in tact and for Ryan to be strong through this trial. Lord I thank You for answering this prayer in Jesus Name Amen."

Do these people ever consider that as much as they think it is in their gods power to heal it is also within its power to prevent?

I know, they'll just pull out the "it was gods will, it's a lesson for all of us, we can't know gods intentions blah, blah, blah.........."

Thing is if it's all of that then isn't it kind of insane for this god to do it over, and over and over again or maybe it's just one cruel mother fucker? 

Do they ever think of that?

Of course not.

• Like 1

On 2017-11-02 at 9:20 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Correct! Everyone knows (the Lord especially!) that you measure liquids at the  meniscus. 

9 hours ago, Positivist said:

Correct! Everyone knows (the Lord especially!) that you measure liquids at the  meniscus. 

God apparently can't ace the test without being graded on a curve.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

0paFoVW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

One of you is a gay people for God. :)

Why do folks most often protect the "guilty" by hiding their name on reposts???   Should not this person be given the opportunity to own their words?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this one today from a super religious friend...

26167553_2093761430867092_16793702664099

Another one posted by the same dude...

26195425_10212542572811555_5658925026431

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Deathportal365 said:

Saw this one today from a super religious friend...

26167553_2093761430867092_16793702664099

But if you have questions about it ....DONT ASK ONE OF THOSE DAMN NON-BELIEVERS! lol.

Same friend again. This dude is a gold mine. I've thought about unfollowing him, but it's sorta a weird situation for me. He was a childhood friend who was a hell-raiser, and I was the sheltered church nerd. I'm not wild now by any means, but religiously speaking, we've sort of switched places.

26196319_10155492257177917_3424133660923

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, midniterider said:

But if you have questions about it ....DONT ASK ONE OF THOSE DAMN NON-BELIEVERS! lol.

Or one of the believers, either. Whenever I said something along the lines of, "That doesn't seem very fair, that guys' children didn't do anything wrong, they were just his children," or, "Why did EVERYONE in that area get punished when not everyone did anything?" I would get a scornful look and the response, "Well, why don't you take it up with God, then?"

Yeah, why don't I....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

339bv0wuica01.jpg

Ugh. That's awful. What gets me about posts like this is the fortune-cookie-like nature of it all: "No weapon fashioned against you this month shall prosper." And somehow those of us who express frustration at this kind of silliness are the ones who should be mocked, not the ones who think their Eternal Good Luck Charm is here to save the world.

Apparently there's another photo , in which a newborn baby is holding an actual IUD.

lmaooo-the-baby-came-out-holding-the-dam

7 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

339bv0wuica01.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some fundagelicals who are actually stupid enough to think that this is a true story.

wow citsonga,

thats a good one..... and kinda disturbing. LOL