Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I couldn't resist answering this fundy I found on the internet. I wonder how she will respond, if at all. 

Angela Che Tan Chockrill For those who do not believe. When you die and you find out that you were wrong, what will you say to God Almighty when he tells you to go away from Him, because He never knew you??? Now is the time to get it right! You won't have a second opportunity for eternal life with God, but will live in darkness forever. Is it not better to believe than to risk your soul to eternal damnation? And, since some of you who say that you do not believe, it is always a curious question that I ask....Why? Is it because you do not want to have to obey and follow the God who created you? Or, is it because you love the world more than you love God? Myth? Legend? Someday you will die too and someday you will stand before God and I pray by then you will have learned the truth and have accepted His son, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ, because no one gets to the Father but through Him.

http://www.quizfreak.com/how-much-do-you-know-about-jesus/results.html

My Answer as Atheist Apologist 

Her statements are inside pointy brackets and my answers are in-between.

<For those who do not believe.> 

Believe what? I believe that if the Christian God is all-knowing and all-powerful as Christians claim, a discerner of human thought, he understands and knows that I searched with all my being for answers he failed to deliver on his promise: Ask and ye shall receive; seek and ye shall find (Matt. 7:7; Heb. 4:12).

<When you die and you find out that you were wrong, what will you say to God Almighty when he tells you to go away from Him, because He never knew you???>

On what grounds can you, God, claim not to have known me? I know the promises and claims of the Bible in which you claim to know all human thought. That presupposes knowing the human who contains the thought.

<Now is the time to get it right!>

I agree absolutely. It’s why I spent so much time and energy to find the truth. 

<You won't have a second opportunity for eternal life with God, but will live in darkness forever.>

Darkness? I guess Jesus is a bit ambiguous about the nature of hell when one parable speaks of outer darkness and another about a pit of fire. I was raised with the pit-of-fire doctrine and fire is not dark. 

<Is it not better to believe than to risk your soul to eternal damnation?>

If God is who he claims, I do not risk my soul to eternal damnation by living honestly as best I can ascertain truth. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of the supernatural or of supernatural entities such as God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit. For me to profess belief in such is to lie. I refuse to do that.

<And, since some of you who say that you do not believe, it is always a curious question that I ask....Why?>

As stated, I believe in some really important stuff, one of which is personal integrity and the necessity to live honestly, follow truth. I do not believe in the supernatural for the reasons stated. Why do you believe in them?

< Is it because you do not want to have to obey and follow the God who created you?>

What? An adult woman pretends to think a supernatural entity is the cause of babies? Maybe I should end the discussion, seeing that I appear to be speaking to a lunatic. For surely an adult woman knows where babies come from, and my mother tells me I was once a baby. God did not create me, my parents did. 

<Or, is it because you love the world more than you love God? Myth? Legend?>

It is because I love truth. As Jesus said, “Go and learn what that means.” 

<Someday you will die too>

Absolutely. No time to waste in serving and worshipping imaginary supernatural entities. 

<and someday you will stand before God>

If he exists and is who he claims to be, he will know where I’m coming from and mercifully accept me for who I am. 

<and I pray by then you will have learned the truth and have accepted His son, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ, because no one gets to the Father but through Him.>

That is the Christian message. The Muslim and Jewish messages are very different. So are the Hindu and Buddhist and Zoroastrian messages, and the thousands of other religions.

• Like 6

RSMartin, loved your replies.

• Like 1

Good reply, except for this:

fire is not dark.

While it is true that fire itself is not dark, where there is fire there is also smoke, and smoke is dark. Firemen will tell you that when they enter burning houses, they are often very dark inside because of all the smoke.

• Like 2

11018865_815550161815784_561418542158878

Hehe, except there's nothing you can do that'll make me straight.

• Like 3

Hehe, except there's nothing you can do that'll make me straight.

Not being straight isn't crooked. ;)

• Like 1

1907405_961824450496396_8771424641206092

my grandmother posted this >,>

He hands you lungs? What a strange way of putting things.

Guest Furball

Sister Shelley contributed this:

Put your trust in God to supply every need....His benefits NEVER decrease or diminish. Praying for supernatural supply to meet and exceed every need in Jesus name!

if that were true we would all be living in mansions with sports cars in the garage living with perfect soul mates full bank accounts perfect health and everything we did would be awesome

Guest Furball

1907405_961824450496396_8771424641206092

my grandmother posted this >,>

i am surprised it doesn't say those words should be yelled at people who walk by you on the street