Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Kill me.

Please.

Boy are they gonna feel dumb if they ever read a book

• Like 2

About the AD part, when I mentioned that I prefer BCE/CE, the poster blew up on me saying how anti-Christian it was. He then mention something to the effect of renaming french fries to freedom fries and then qutoing some song about killing workers but the work goes on. I don't get it but that's what he told me.

"Fact: your birthday is dated by day, month, and year in relation to the resurrection of Jesus Christ." -Rick Warren

Mind: blown.

If Rick Warren really said that, then he's a huge idiot. Even most Christians know that January 1, 1 AD has nothing to do with the alleged resurrection of Jesus. It's supposed to approximate his birth, but even Christian "scholars" acknowledge that his birth would not have been exactly then. (And that's assuming that they guy existed and lived around the time the church says he did.)

I also prefer CE, but AC is commonly accepted, so it doesn't bother me. I'm more used to AD since I've seen it much more, so sometimes I default to it without even thinking, as was the case above.

As far as the poster's comments you're referring to, it sounds like perhaps the intended points were that (1) renaming it doesn't change what it really is, and (2) the facts remain even if one tries to terminate them. Of course, those "facts" about Jesus are quite flimsy and unsubstantiated, but they're touted as facts and believed by many.

aWDeVKF.jpg

What is this I don't even...!!

I regret it every time I come into this thread.

1489229_251056961728537_1923245060_n.jpg

I just googled this guy. My head hurts.

aWDeVKF.jpg

It makes perfect sense! You see, plate tectonics is a lie from the devil. The continents didn't spread apart over aeons of time, but instead the Lord sent a bunch of water during Noah's flood, so now water covers the lower land areas, which created the Atlantic Ocean that separates the once connected continents that didn't move anywhere. Isn't Jesus awesome?!

[/sarcasm]

I don't even want to look up the "Crook"!

aWDeVKF.jpg

It makes perfect sense! You see, plate tectonics is a lie from the devil. The continents didn't spread apart over aeons of time, but instead the Lord sent a bunch of water during Noah's flood, so now water covers the lower land areas, which created the Atlantic Ocean that separates the once connected continents that didn't move anywhere. Isn't Jesus awesome?!

[/sarcasm]

Oh! Thanks, Citsonga, for "explaining"! It had slipped past me that there were no oceans before Noah.

I wonder what is the pure Christian explanation for earthquakes and slowly rising mountains, if plate tectonics is a lie.

aWDeVKF.jpg

[/sarcasm]

Oh! Thanks, Citsonga, for "explaining"! It had slipped past me that there were no oceans before Noah.

I wonder what is the pure Christian explanation for earthquakes and slowly rising mountains, if plate tectonics is a lie.

Have you ever seen an earthquake cause continents to separate? No? I didn't think so. See, you don't know what you're talking about.

[/sarcasm againwink.png]

• Like 1

But he does have an extremely appropriate surname.

• Like 1

534a81b4bc33d434687ed7c5820fb61e.jpg

Sacrilege! As a fan of The Big Bang Theory*, I am deeply offended. * The show AND the scientific theory

534a81b4bc33d434687ed7c5820fb61e.jpg

Sacrilege! As a fan of The Big Bang Theory*, I am deeply offended. * The show AND the scientific theory

Indeed, as a Jew, Howard would not be a believer in the Third Person of the Trinity.

aWDeVKF.jpg

[/sarcasm]

I was taught by a Pastor that worshiped Ken Ham and a geology teacher that taught Creationism as a plausible alternative.  The earth was together as Pangea, and there was a layer of water within the earth and another that covered the earth in the atmosphere. (hence the tropical climate described in the garden) During the flood God broke apart the earth so the water would rise up, and the water in the atmosphere fell "on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened." Gen. 7:11  This flood was so violent that it pushed Pangea apart, and any tectonic activity we still experience is just mild aftershocks that will eventually stop altogether.  Sounded legit when I was 13.

aWDeVKF.jpg

[/sarcasm]

I was taught by a Pastor that worshiped Ken Ham and a geology teacher that taught Creationism as a plausible alternative. The earth was together as Pangea, and there was a layer of water within the earth and another that covered the earth in the atmosphere. (hence the tropical climate described in the garden) During the flood God broke apart the earth so the water would rise up, and the water in the atmosphere fell "on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened." Gen. 7:11 This flood was so violent that it pushed Pangea apart, and any tectonic activity we still experience is just mild aftershocks that will eventually stop altogether. Sounded legit when I was 13.

Oh ok. Makes sense to me. I particularly like the upper water layer covering Earth.

TeacherPrayerPic.jpg

Except that we CAN see our brains, just needs the assistance of scanning technology available at hospitals?

TeacherPrayerPic.jpg

Except that we CAN see our brains, just needs the assistance of scanning technology available at hospitals?

You can see your Brain, but if you can you have done something wrong and you are not going to space today.

You can touch your Brain, but if you can see above.

• Like 1

prayer-unlocks-doors-550x320.jpg

If you ever find yourself locked outside of your house or car, kids. Just pray! Absolutely nothing will happen, guaranteed!

I can't quote them all, but my reaction to most of the things in this thread is:

6842787_f520.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed this on YouTube comments for the latest Mr. Deity video:

"TheStigmadeign

@hznfrst If you're referring to Christianity in the US, then you're dumber than I thought. This country was founded on Christian beliefs. The whole concept of our freedom has Christianity to thank. Just because you don't understand it or are too apathetic, doesn't give you or anyone the right to diminish our culture. If you don't like it then get the fuck out. Idiot. e.e"

Saying Americans should give thanks to Christianity for the value system we have is like saying the Jews should thank Hitler for giving them a strong will.

Sorry, couldn't quote Bird and reply at the same time on the mobile site ... anyway, just curious whether the person saying that drivel about America being founded on Christian beliefs has actually ever read anything by the founding fathers?. Most all were deists at best, and a few like Ben Franklin kept a fairly loose lid on his atheism. Anyone ever read the Jefferson Bible? Maybe this guy should have before posting that hogwash...

• Like 1

10365794_10153083287022137_5961820392885

This makes me irritated, while people in FB keep talking about how cute it is T,T besides, I firmly believed that Jonah was swallowed by a WHALE SHARK, not a whale. Since it says he was swallowed by a fish, and a whale shark is a fish and has a throat big enough to swallow it a human if it wanted to

10409748_10152667154695348_5168021014292

Everything is attributed to either luck and chance, or God's favor?

Is nothing you have due to your own work and efforts?

Oh right, you work hard and God rewards your efforts with grace and favor...

• Like 1