Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Probably an oldie...

post-21332-0-30195000-1433616825_thumb.jpg

I have few, if any, fundie friends, but some of the non-fundie religious friends I do have can come up with some doozies:

I do not believe there is any danger from predatory fish[1], especially since I have never heard of a fish that hunts humans. But never say never, I guess ... there may be undiscovered predators in the ocean whose behaviors we cannot predict. Even then, I still trust what the Bible says: Man has dominion over all Earth's creatures.

Perhaps we could drop him off in an African wildlife refuge so he can test his trust in the Buybull with the lions, or worse, the hippopotamuses. Actually, no; I love him too much to do that to him.

[1]In the context of this remark, there was indeed no danger. But I personally wouldn't generalize that.

There was a case some time back in 1994, where a chap climbed into a lions den armed only with a Bible.......to no ones surprise they attacked him and his screams alerted the staff (although not Jesus). He was airlifted to hospital in a serious condition  .......Dominion over animals my arse 

10426633_772125916165595_501742397900765

I have heard this stupid argument a thousand times, but I can never come up with a good enough answer. Does anyone know a great response to this, because I want that in my ruck when the time comes.

Impressionable children are not consenting, they are manipulated by people they are supposed to be able to trust in a position of power over them. And yes, it does hurt them.

People are not born thieves and this person knows it. There is however scientific evidence that people are born with their sexual orientation, which these people are happy to ignore.

The rest is just complete bullshit.

I agree.  However, I'd add: even if someone does choose to be gay - so what?!?

• Like 2

10426633_772125916165595_501742397900765

I have heard this stupid argument a thousand times, but I can never come up with a good enough answer. Does anyone know a great response to this, because I want that in my ruck when the time comes.

Impressionable children are not consenting, they are manipulated by people they are supposed to be able to trust in a position of power over them. And yes, it does hurt them.

People are not born thieves and this person knows it. There is however scientific evidence that people are born with their sexual orientation, which these people are happy to ignore.

The rest is just complete bullshit.

I agree.  However, I'd add: even if someone does choose to be gay - so what?!?

I agree that it ultimately doesn't matter. That's coming from the understanding that it's not a "sin," though. For those who think it is a sin, seeing it as a choice does nothing to challenge the misconception that it's sinful. However, realizing that it is not a choice is extremely damaging to the notion that it's a sin. After all, how can it be wrong to be something when you have no choice in the matter? For this reason, the fact that sexual orientation is not a choice is a very important detail.

1499450_685044311540423_568150613_n.jpg?

Wow, I didn't know there was supposed to have been some major orgies going on at the crucifixion!

:yao:

Poor, poor kid.