Photo

"Game Of Thrones" Season 2 On Hbo Trailer - Who's Going To See It?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Innominatus, 3/4 Curmudgeon, arrogant übermench bully

• 31,653 posts
  • Interests:Beer, cooking, gardening
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Naturalistic Pan(en)theis

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Oh gods! Oh my gods! I can't wait to see it. I loved the first season. They did a pretty good job with it, following the book and such (which some modifications), and things are seriously heating up in the second book. I wonder if and how they will show Melisandre's shadow birth?

Trailer:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

#2 BrotherJosh

BrotherJosh

Heathen Duffer

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 2,902 posts
  • Interests:Off-Roading, Gunsmithing, Keeping Aquariums, Cooking, Reading Fantasy Novels, Golfing, and Craft Beer
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Walter Sobchak

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

This just made my day. I didn't notice a premiere date?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman

#3 Foxy Methoxy

Foxy Methoxy

Crazy Like a Foxy

• ♦ Diamond Patron ♦
  • 3,355 posts
  • Interests:Opening by watchtower
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Thmé

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Winter is coming in April :/

#4 Foxy Methoxy

Foxy Methoxy

Crazy Like a Foxy

• ♦ Diamond Patron ♦
  • 3,355 posts
  • Interests:Opening by watchtower
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Thmé

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I wish it would come sooner.

#5 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Innominatus, 3/4 Curmudgeon, arrogant übermench bully

• 31,653 posts
  • Interests:Beer, cooking, gardening
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Naturalistic Pan(en)theis

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

This just made my day. I didn't notice a premiere date?

Beginning of April.

I'm still working on finishing book 2. It's difficult to get undisturbed time and read. But it's sooo good. Theon is an asshole. Super-prick #1.

#6 Dagan

Dagan

Nihilistic mystic

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 1,789 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, fishing, gardening, video gaming, reading, sleeping, stargazing
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Free thought

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

I am just finally getting into this series, reading the books. I am considering adding HBO to my satellite TV package just so I can get this show...
I am dumb to tell a weather's wind/ How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
-Dylan Thomas, The Force That Through The Green Fuse Drives The Flower

#7 Xerces

Xerces

Grand Pastafarian

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:I fancy quite a bit.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :all hail hypno toad

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

I am just finally getting into this series, reading the books. I am considering adding HBO to my satellite TV package just so I can get this show...

It isn't on Hulu or anywhere else on the net? They'll probably tack on another $15 a month just for HBO. I used to work at a call center selling Comcast, they're fucking dogs I tell you.

#8 Deva

Deva

Heathen

• 8,541 posts
  • Interests:Birding, art, reading, keeping salamanders, reptiles, giant millipedes and plants; cooking, and cultivating a good heart.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

It isn't on Hulu or anywhere else on the net? They'll probably tack on another $15 a month just for HBO. I used to work at a call center selling Comcast, they're fucking dogs I tell you.

I wonder that too. I watched the entire series for free but I think the new one is not going to be on that site. I wonder if you could pay to watch just that series on Amazon or somewhere else. I certainly cannot afford HBO.

Its a great show.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus "All my life people have been working to enslave me, but all I ever wanted to be was an eagle flying in a clear blue sky" - Deva

#9 Dagan

Dagan

Nihilistic mystic

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 1,789 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, fishing, gardening, video gaming, reading, sleeping, stargazing
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Free thought

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Ahh fuck it I downloaded it off my favourite Russian torrent site.
I am dumb to tell a weather's wind/ How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
-Dylan Thomas, The Force That Through The Green Fuse Drives The Flower

#10 mwc

mwc

Sarcastic? Me?

• 8,863 posts
  • Interests:Things and stuff
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :meh

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

We (wife and myself) originally blew this entire thing off. It didn't seem interesting. But I thought we should give it a go (it's only 10 eps...on HBO Go and HBO On Demand but those were flaky for this series for some reason) and after the first couple we were hooked. We got through them pretty quick (we can be kind of lazy...we still have stuff from maybe a year ago on the DVR).

Anyhow, we're all set for season 2. Hopefully it's as strong as the first one was.

mwc
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

PLEASE NOTE: Just because I speak as if YHWH/jesus exist does not mean they do. It's simply for the sake of the argument.

#11 stryper

stryper

You are choosing to read this.

• 3,932 posts
  • Interests:video games, movies, poker, my kids
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Winter is coming in April :/

Given how weird the winter has been I wouldn't be surprise with a coming winter spreading white stuff in April.
"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs."
— Biff (Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal)

Faith is Silly. It is blind acceptance in things you have every right to question. -Michael

#12 stryper

stryper

• 3,932 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I wonder that too. I watched the entire series for free but I think the new one is not going to be on that site. I wonder if you could pay to watch just that series on Amazon or somewhere else. I certainly cannot afford HBO.

Its a great show.

Hulu maybe? Sometimes HBO puts them up on their website after they have aired. At least they did with that with In Treatment.
"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs."

Faith is Silly. It is blind acceptance in things you have every right to question. -Michael

#13 creative

creative

Strong Minded

• 210 posts
  • Interests:Changes from day to day
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The magical easter bunny from makebelief land

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I got the first season of youtube (search for the actual name of the episode and sort by length).
or you could just google solarmovie but be careful with viruses there (don't download any plug-ins.. you been warned)

#14 Zephie

Zephie

Derp

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 1,144 posts
  • Interests:Tribal Belly Dance, Doctor Who, Video Games, Anime, Glee, World Religions, Music, Indian Food, and Sarcasm
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Atheist with Pagan/Spiritualist tendencies

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Started watching Season One last night :D

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way" 

#15 illusion

illusion

Thinker

• 135 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, computers, new tech, video games etc. I'm just your garden variety geek.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :nope ... wait, does Joss Whedon count?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey guys,

I've just finished Dance of Dragons, and now that it's out on DVD me and my wife are watching the HBO series together. I heard some criticism on the Frame Rate podcast, that this whole series could turn out like Lost. Which is to say, there are all these mysteries that keep you interested throughout the series, but when it comes time to wrap it all up and explain everything, that's when it all falls apart. I don't know if this series is going to be like that. And, unfortunately, I'm too invested in this series anyway. So, I'll have to see it through to the end. But, what is everyone else's opinion? Could this just be another Lost where the mysteries never really get answered?

#16 stryper

stryper

• 3,932 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

I haven't read Dance of dragons yet.....but from my re-reading of the series last year....I think the main plots will be tied up, but some of the mysteries will remain because they were mysteries at the beginning of the series.

#17 blackpudd1n

blackpudd1n

Mother of all Pudd

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 4,598 posts
  • Location:The east coast of Australia, in the state of NSW :)
  • Interests:Cats. Particularly two, called Bruce and Wednesday :P Feminism. Learning. Honesty. Heavy Metal. Doc Martens. Reading. Talking. Mental health issues. Daria.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Atheist and proud :)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

My fiancee and I watched the first series recently. My brother told me of a site where you can watch TV series for free, even as they're being broadcast each week. I'll see if I can find it, or get in touch with him about it.

"He believed to the end exactly the same things he started with. It seems to me that a man who can think straight along for forty-seven years without changing a single idea ought to be kept in a cabinet as a curiosity."- Jean Webster

#18 blackpudd1n

blackpudd1n

Mother of all Pudd

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 4,598 posts
  • Location:The east coast of Australia, in the state of NSW :)
  • Interests:Cats. Particularly two, called Bruce and Wednesday :P Feminism. Learning. Honesty. Heavy Metal. Doc Martens. Reading. Talking. Mental health issues. Daria.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Atheist and proud :)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

This is the site: http://www.sidereel.com/

I'm not sure if they'll have season 2 up as soon as it starts, but they had Stargate: Universe going as it was being aired- my brother was watching it through this site, as he works odd hours.

"He believed to the end exactly the same things he started with. It seems to me that a man who can think straight along for forty-seven years without changing a single idea ought to be kept in a cabinet as a curiosity."- Jean Webster

#19 scriptor

scriptor

Thinker

• 113 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, philosophy, mathematics, physics, the human brain, and life in general.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The prime mover

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hey guys,

I've just finished Dance of Dragons, and now that it's out on DVD me and my wife are watching the HBO series together. I heard some criticism on the Frame Rate podcast, that this whole series could turn out like Lost. Which is to say, there are all these mysteries that keep you interested throughout the series, but when it comes time to wrap it all up and explain everything, that's when it all falls apart. I don't know if this series is going to be like that. And, unfortunately, I'm too invested in this series anyway. So, I'll have to see it through to the end. But, what is everyone else's opinion? Could this just be another Lost where the mysteries never really get answered?

It's a good series, and I think Martin will tie off the major plot lines if he ever gets around to finishing it. I like how he has gone with the whole bad vs worse motif, and I also like the fact that his characters are not invincible. But he takes it a bit far, which is my main problem with the series. There is simply too much character turnover for my taste. Without giving anything away, let me just say that at a certain point most of the characters that I actually cared about were gone and I just never really got that interested in their replacements.
It's a solid series, but it's not the best fantasy in the world IMHO. The HBO series has been awesome so far though. Stoked for season 2 on blu ray.
"Any belief that puts itself beyond doubt nurtures its own collapse." -Stephen R Donaldson-

"Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is an irrelevance. People would far rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially if it suits their own purposes." -Joe Abercrombie-

#20 Deva

Deva

Heathen

• 8,541 posts
  • Interests:Birding, art, reading, keeping salamanders, reptiles, giant millipedes and plants; cooking, and cultivating a good heart.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I would be very careful with these sites that purport to show free videos of these popular series. I have good reason to suspect that the Trojan virus I got into my computer came with trying to view these things. Not this particular series, but another. Be careful and have a good anti-virus program running.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus "All my life people have been working to enslave me, but all I ever wanted to be was an eagle flying in a clear blue sky" - Deva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users