Goodbye Jesus

A Letter To The Young People On Ex-C

Margee

Thank you guys so much.

My family just went to counseling this afternoon, and it looks like we might pull through as a family, but still. It's time.

I will try to get over the fear of it all and just do what I need to do to get my shit together. Thanks for the encouragement; things are looking brighter just a day later. Go figure.

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up a bit. We'll be here for you.

• Like 1

Margee, I don't come to this topic often, but tonight I'm glad I did.  

What you wrote is beautiful to me too, because although I'm old-ish in birthdays, I'm not that old as an ex-C.

• Like 1

What you wrote is beautiful to me too, because although I'm old-ish in birthdays, I'm not that old as an ex-C.

duderonomy, I am so glad you were encouraged by this letter to the young kids. You are so right when you suggest that we 'older' ones, need encouragement also. I'll be 59 in another month Wendytwitch.gif and for at least 55 of those years, I was indoctrinated into the Christian belief system. I was born and brought up in a very liberal Christian church and got heavily involved in fundamentalism at age 20. So you are right, I, also need constant encouragement that I am OK because I still can get scared.  I always say, I may be a little scared until the day I die. If there happened to be a Christian god waiting for me after I die, I am hoping to have a good long talk with 'him' (before he sends me to hell of course) about how he could have 'worked' things out a little better here on earth so he wouldn't have lost hundreds of followers along the way.

Thank you for being here on EX-c to help encourage people like me who have a real hard time letting go. I'm a slow, slow learner so I need all the help I can get!   

Sometimes, I think the younger one is, the easier it is to deconvert. It can be very hard on us 'oldies'. tongue.png

Big *hug* for you today, my friend.

• Like 3

It is my intention to encourage you on your journey......You wonderful young 'freethinkers' on EX-c! A few of my thoughts this morning.

You are the new generation of 'rebels' who, through a lot of hard work and persecution, will have the ability to alter the world you live in. It's not going to be easy. You cannot change people and their old ways quickly - you can only influence them.... probably slowly. But please, march ahead anyway and do not be afraid to be different.

You young ones have dug your head out of the sand much earlier than some of us older people and have truly opened your eyes to the fact that the world has been hypnotized and brainwashed throughout the generations. There are multitudes of people that will require you to 'conform' like the majority and believe in a god that doesn't give evidence of 'himself' in a world of suffering.

Because you will be no longer bowing to the world, you will be bullied, harassed and ostracized for being different. You will be insulted and belittled for being a freethinker. You're journey will be hard in many ways, as you buck some of the the nonsense that has been handed down since the beginning of time. In a way, you will be an 'outcast', much like the jew, the homosexual, and the black slave has been. The reason for all the 'bondage' of these dear people throughout history... is religion. You already know that. So you must fight back in a strong, gentle way.

You may not be respected by your friends, co-workers or family members, but you must stay strong in your convictions. You are the new atheists, a new brave, breed of people, rising up to stop the madness on this earth. You will be the reason the world will eventually change over the next few generations. Your own children and grandchildren will rejoice because of your efforts. They will thank you for making life a little easier for them!

You must stay strong and trust your instincts that there is no talking snakes, no talking donkeys, no virgin births, no walking on water, no little devil running around in the atmosphere to destroy you and no punishing god that sets you up to fail because of the foolish doctrine and myth of 'sin' and 'fallen' man due to a woman who ate off a tree. To continue to believe this would be the same as believing in flying dragons! When in doubt, study the first couple chapters of Genesis and ask yourself if any of it makes sense to you. This will help to keep you strong on your journey.

You must continue to search for the new information that the scientist presents and aslo, take the time to learn how all these myths started. Fill your head with all the knowledge that you can jam into it . Knowledge is your key to life-long freedom. You must be willing and brave enough to tell the older folk - 'You are wrong.' You don't need to come across as a 'rebeller' to be a free thinker.You must try to do this hard job with as much love as you can 'muster up' and stay calm and cool, as you present your 'case'.

Many times, you will have to face rejection. Be prepared for this. If you fight with aggression - you will be like the rest of the world. If you are going to think different and make a difference in the world - then you must act different. Be kind and loving, but remain strong. Continue to influence - show the world how happy you are, having a mind of your own.

You must always realize that the world is brainwashed. They are in a trance and have been deluded and lied to for centuries. Many do not want to give up their beliefs. They want to believe what their ancestors told them. The 'non-thinkers' of this world are like robots....they do what the world tells them to do. You have knowledge that they don't. Most of them are not bad people. Keep this thought close to your heart - it will help you to feel compassion for your world of friends, family and co-workers.

You must realize that it's O.K to be different. Do not cover this up with drugs and alcohol if possible. You must be stronger than the drugs or alcohol. They are a 'cover up' to temporarily make you feel OK about yourself. Go ahead and party - but be careful not to get hooked. Let your hair down every now and again. Have a lot of fun. Remember, when you truly accept and love yourself for who you are - you will not need a false 'high' everyday. Have a party everyday (without booze or drugs) ....just to celebrate yourself!!

Being different means not only thinking in a 'non-conformist' way, but also taking a stand at what the world considers educated, ugly, pretty, smart, etc. You must buck this system also - the 'unfalse' world of 'beauty' - the old book of rules that says you must weigh this or wear that, to be popular. A lot of depression stems from this silly system and has ruined so many young lives. Show the world that you are smarter than following this degrading structure - teach the beautiful people that they can have what you got... true confidence. So always let your 'beauty' come from within.

Again I plead, do not count on your looks or your body to give you the true self esteem you need to feel good about yourself. If you are not as pretty, handsome, skinny, etc., as the magazines or the other people in the world - do not let this throw you. Some of the most beautiful people lack the true self esteem it takes to feel confident because they are not true to themselves. You are! Many of these dear 'beauties' count on their appearance to make it through life and they are not always happy and confident.

Let your beauty always come from a confident frame of mind! This will make you shine prettier and more handsome than any of the so called movie stars on earth or stars in the sky!!

If you are still living under the roof of your believing parents, you may need to be very patient. No one can make you believe..... you already know in your young mind that you don't believe what they do. Your parents can make you do things, such as attending church, going to bible study, or saying prayers, but that’s stuff you might have to do for a while on the outside. Inside your mind, you’re free to think your own thoughts and believe what makes sense to you. This is when you may have to practice the art of 'silence' and patience.

If you are depressed because you can't be who you really are while living under someone's roof, know in your heart that it won't be like this for very long. Silence can be golden at times. Learn to make 'silence' a friend for you. Right now, the part of your life that you can control is inside your mind! Try to remember, that your parents love you and think they are doing what is right for you.

So, go forth, strong youth...... and create the new world of liberty and freedom!

Best of love and good wishes to you as you confidently go on this journey!

Love and hugs from an old member on EX-c!!

Thanks for the encouragement, I would be depressed if I didn't have this site! I'm 22 and have been quietly agnostic since I was 19 or 20.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement, I would be depressed if I didn't have this site! I'm 22 and have been quietly agnostic since I was 19 or 20.

Sheild Maiden, I'm so glad you young ones are here with me!! I couldn't have made it out of the horrible doctrine of Christianity if it wasn't for the young ones and older ones on this board. I have been deconverting for almost 3 years now That's how long it has taken me to get this doctrine out of my head and feel somewhat safe. I am just learning how to live this new life now after all these wasted years of trying to please Gawd. You've learned all this at a nice young age. Go and make a good life for yourself hon. Question everything and follow your gut. Your 'gut instinsts' can help to tell you a lot of answers.

I would love to hear more of your stories. Keep posting hon. Keep reading. That's what I sit here and do. I don't post as often, I sit back and read more now, but I am soooooo thankful for this site. Ex-c is my second 'home'.

I'm giving you a huge *hug* of encouragement for today.

.. If there happened to be a Christian god waiting for me after I die, I am hoping to have a good long talk with 'him' (before he sends me to hell of course) about how he could have 'worked' things out a little better here on earth so he wouldn't have lost hundreds of followers along the way.

Hi Margee, I would ask him why he would give contradictory revelations to different faith groups. Why there are 21 major world religions and a reported 41,000 Christian denominations. And of course why he doesnt intervene to stop wars and suffering. Its as if he wants us to think he doesnt exist!

• Like 1

.. If there happened to be a Christian god waiting for me after I die, I am hoping to have a good long talk with 'him' (before he sends me to hell of course) about how he could have 'worked' things out a little better here on earth so he wouldn't have lost hundreds of followers along the way.

Hi Margee, I would ask him why he would give contradictory revelations to different faith groups. Why there are 21 major world religions and a reported 41,000 Christian denominations. And of course why he doesnt intervene to stop wars and suffering. Its as if he wants us to think he doesnt exist!

The 'invisible Gawd'. We are just not allowed to se 'him' are we Adam? Imagine...the Gawd that created the whole universe and we're not allowed to see him. It all has to be done in 'faith'. Even the invisible man could put 'clothes on' and become 'human' for awhile. Remember that show?

invisible-man.jpg1022_invisibleman.jpg

• Like 1

The 'invisible Gawd'. We are just not allowed to se 'him' are we Adam? Imagine...the Gawd that created the whole universe and we're not allowed to see him. It all has to be done in 'faith'. Even the invisible man could put 'clothes on' and become 'human' for awhile. Remember that show?

I vaguely remember it from the 80s.  Yes, the invisible God. Why doesnt he show?

Or is it just ok for him to manifest as a burning bush to a bronze age Egyptian priest, or incarnate as a preacher/ exorcist to credulous Galilean fishermen!

Then take a well earned siesta for 2000+ years.

The way I figure it, there is no good reason why a revelation could not be done directly to all of us, by-passing the need for religions. But I guess there is no money to make that way!

Because you will be no longer bowing to the world, you will be bullied, harassed and ostracized for being different. You will be insulted and belittled for being a freethinker. You're journey will be hard in many ways, as you buck some of the the nonsense that has been handed down since the beginning of time. In a way, you will be an 'outcast', much like the jew, the homosexual, and the black slave has been. The reason for all the 'bondage' of these dear people throughout history... is religion. You already know that. So you must fight back in a strong, gentle way.

A very well-written and thoughtful post, Margee.  I apologize for not responding sooner.  However, I would like to comment now on the part I quoted above in particular.

What you speak of is so true.  Though they will deny it, what most people really like are people who generally conform to societal norms.  Religion is, of course, a very powerful societal norm.  Believe in God, accept Jesus as Savior, and welcome the Holy Spirit into your life (or at least convincingly pretend you have) and then go to church and don't make too many waves by asking the really tough questions and you fit right in.  However, dare to ask a "forbidden" question and watch the sheep turn into ravenous wolves, ready to devour you.

Here is an example of a "forbidden" question among many (but not all) Christians.  I have been thinking about this for several years now and have read some things about it.  The issue of which I am speaking is whether Paul was actually an apostle as he claimed or was he someone who presented his own version of a gospel different from what is presented in the four Gospels.  I won't get into all the details because this is not the proper thread and I don't want to derail it in this direction.  You can easily research this issue yourself by simply doing a Google search and you will find a lot written on it.  All I'll say is that there is a very strong case to be made that by the very definition of who could be an apostle as set forth in Acts 1:12-26 Paul did not and could not qualify because he was not "...one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”  Acts 1:21-22.

Try bringing that up in your typical Bible study and see how you are treated.  What most Christians do is to start with the notion that the Bible is The Truth, whether factually or allegorically.  If one's beginning point is believing it is The Truth then the only debate "permitted" is an interpretation and understanding of the words that are written, but with an acceptance that those words are The Truth and the struggle is understanding and applying it.

What you young folks whom Margee is addressing (and even us older folks) have done is to go beyond what is "allowed".  You have questioned the very foundations of the religion and in so doing you have become a non-conformist.

To that I say, congratulations and welcome aboard.  Though it is sometimes a struggle being a non-conformist, it is worth it just knowing that you have made a sincere search for the truth.

• Like 1

What you speak of is so true.  Though they will deny it, what most people really like are people who generally conform to societal norms.  

What you young folks whom Margee is addressing (and even us older folks) have done is to go beyond what is "allowed".  You have questioned the very foundations of the religion and in so doing you have become a non-conformist.

Though it is sometimes a struggle being a non-conformist, it is worth it just knowing that you have made a sincere search for the truth.

Thanks so much for that input OF. I think all humans want to 'fit in' and this makes it so hard when you think differently than the majority of the world.

This is one of the reasons that it can probably get a little lonely sometimes because one does feel a bit like an outcast. I really hope the new young people today will develop an attitude of  'sticking to their guns' whether the world approves or not. I look back over my life and I can see that I have been a non-conformist for many years....even outside of religion. But people pleasing held me back. That's the lesson I'd like the kids to get today. Don't spend your whole life people pleasing.

Thanks Overcame... for very wise words. *hug*

• Like 1

duderonomy, I am so glad you were encouraged by this letter to the young kids. You are so right when you suggest that we 'older' ones, need encouragement also. I'll be 59 in another month Wendytwitch.gif and for at least 55 of those years, I was indoctrinated into the Christian belief system. I was born and brought up in a very liberal Christian church and got heavily involved in fundamentalism at age 20. So you are right, I, also need constant encouragement that I am OK because I still can get scared.  I always say, I may be a little scared until the day I die. If there happened to be a Christian god waiting for me after I die, I am hoping to have a good long talk with 'him' (before he sends me to hell of course) about how he could have 'worked' things out a little better here on earth so he wouldn't have lost hundreds of followers along the way.

Thank you for being here on EX-c to help encourage people like me who have a real hard time letting go. I'm a slow, slow learner so I need all the help I can get!   

Sometimes, I think the younger one is, the easier it is to deconvert. It can be very hard on us 'oldies'. tongue.png

Big *hug* for you today, my friend.

Hi again Margee.  It sounds like you and I have some things in common. I just turned 57, but remember, those are Michigan years so you can round me up to about 95.

I like what you said about if there's a Christian God on judgement day, and I had a thought. It's all for LOL of course, but when God opens the books to show us where we went wrong, we'll just open a link to Ex-Christian.net and stare him down.   KatieHmm.gif

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I thought this quote from Steve Jobs says a lot about the freethinkers of the world...........

here__s_to_the_crazy_ones____by_j2571-d4

• Like 1

This thread is great, Margee! Steve Jobs is absolutely right. 

Every one of us has a right to be who we are.  If it does not fit into the mainstream of the society, then screw the society as long as we are not harming others.

• Like 1

Ramen

And then I get comments about going and eating a cheeseburger. I can't help how thin I am. I am on medication that should put weight on me, but it doesn't. I don't exercise. I eat full-fat, full-cream, and nothing diet (except milk- full-cream milk just doesn't sit right in my tummy). I eat a whole pizza in one sitting, and I eat a LOT. I eat chocolate all day long. I eat a big meal just before bed. I should not be thin, but I am.

On a diet like that, you might want to get a precautionary cholesterol check if you haven't already. Being thin doesn't mean you can't get heart disease.

I knew someone once, she was skinny as a rake, taught Phys Ed, fit as anything. Then she had a heart attack in her 40s. Not fatal, but even so. Ironically, it was the wife of the pastor I talked about a bit in my extimony. God didn't do much for her there...

Just a thought.

I look forward to ageing. Maybe then people will start to see me as a person.

Please revise this view! There are people who appreciate others for who they are, not just what they look like. If you're super-intelligent with a great personality and beautiful as well, find someone who deserves you!

I'd volunteer, but I'm taken wink.png

And then I get comments about going and eating a cheeseburger. I can't help how thin I am. I am on medication that should put weight on me, but it doesn't. I don't exercise. I eat full-fat, full-cream, and nothing diet (except milk- full-cream milk just doesn't sit right in my tummy). I eat a whole pizza in one sitting, and I eat a LOT. I eat chocolate all day long. I eat a big meal just before bed. I should not be thin, but I am.

On a diet like that, you might want to get a precautionary cholesterol check if you haven't already. Being thin doesn't mean you can't get heart disease.

I knew someone once, she was skinny as a rake, taught Phys Ed, fit as anything. Then she had a heart attack in her 40s. Not fatal, but even so. Ironically, it was the wife of the pastor I talked about a bit in my extimony. God didn't do much for her there...

Just a thought.

I look forward to ageing. Maybe then people will start to see me as a person.

Please revise this view! There are people who appreciate others for who they are, not just what they look like. If you're super-intelligent with a great personality and beautiful as well, find someone who deserves you!

I'd volunteer, but I'm taken wink.png

Please see that this thread was started a couple years ago...as far as I know blackpuddin doesn't post here anymore.

• 1 month later...

• 2 years later...

That was a damn nice letter, @Margee

This should be published throughout the land. Might save a life or two.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MOHO said:

That was a damn nice letter, @Margee

This should be published throughout the land. Might save a life or two.

Thank you, my dear friend. All of us...young and older need encouragement. Too many young people committing suicide because they think they have to live up to the worlds' standards of what the majority considers 'normal'. Breaks my heart. I hope all the new young people who have just joined get to read this because some of these old threads get locked away out of sight. This is one of the reasons I suggest the newcomers search the site and read and read and read. So many stories written by wonderful members of Ex-c that people can relate to.

Big ( hug )

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Really inspiring letter ^_^

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sadly if not attacked by xtian nutters, we will be attacked by moslem invaders. Mental freedom is a grave “sin” in the mind of the abrahamic stunted weirdos. Despite being a conservative, im disturbed at the bible push that is going on. The middle eastern mythologies has nothing to do with conservatism. Left backs islam filth, right backs the xtian filth. No room for intelligence in this world is what it feels like. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.