Santorum Says Obama Agenda Not "based On Bible"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#81 Vigile

Vigile

Fully Human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 23,760 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Nebbiolo, devushki and Kerouac.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

I would say the same about you and the antiwar left. But that is another story. You parrot antiwar left talking points all the time.

Really? Since I don't read or listen to any anti war material, I find that odd. I've simply assessed the situations I comment on based on what I learned in school while earning my degree in foreign relations and historical facts. That said, I honestly don't believe I've ever parroted a single professor and I'm quite critical of people like Chomsky, who makes interesting points, but who is often quite naive and single-minded in his assessments. Are you sure you're not just painting me with a broad brush because I've challenged your opinions?

I think you can fairly call me biased, as anyone is biased, but you will have a hard time proving I don't arrive at my own opinions or that my opinions are merely a reflection of my biases.
It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.
-Voltaire

#82 Guest_Valk0010_*

Guest_Valk0010_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

I would say the same about you and the antiwar left. But that is another story. You parrot antiwar left talking points all the time.

Really? Since I don't read or listen to any anti war material, I find that odd. I've simply assessed the situations I comment on based on what I learned in school while earning my degree in foreign relations and historical facts. That said, I honestly don't believe I've ever parroted a single professor and I'm quite critical of people like Chomsky, who makes interesting points, but who is often quite naive and single-minded in his assessments. Are you sure you're not just painting me with a broad brush because I've challenged your opinions?

I guess we must read a lot of the same stuff, because it sound to me at least similar to the stuff I hear on the antiwar left. We differ because you find it convincing. I don't.

#83 Vigile

Vigile

Fully Human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 23,760 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

I guess we must read a lot of the same stuff, because it sound to me at least similar to the stuff I hear on the antiwar left. We differ because you find it convincing. I don't.

I read the news from various sources and these days, certainly not voraciously as I'm far to busy with the markets. The only thing I read that might be considered any type of left-wing material is ExiledOnline. I take them with a grain of salt and consider it entertainment. I don't see how I could be convinced of anything if I'm not reading it. As I pointed out, I find Chomsky quite unconvincing.
It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.
-Voltaire

#84 Guest_Valk0010_*

Guest_Valk0010_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

I read the news from various sources and these days, certainly not voraciously as I'm far to busy with the markets. The only thing I read that might be considered any type of left-wing material is ExiledOnline. I take them with a grain of salt and consider it entertainment. I don't see how I could be convinced of anything if I'm not reading it. As I pointed out, I find Chomsky quite unconvincing.

Fair enough

#85 Ramen666

Ramen666

I invoke the Rank Clause

• 8,856 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Politics, Food, Movies
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Raptor Jesus

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

Too things, be glad you aren't a women or anything other then a white boy college grad in california. You got it made pal!!!!

What does that have to do with anything? Posted Image Really?

I can see the sarcasm (if it is even there) in there if that is what you asserting with every one of those issues. We go down the list of the issues and discuss them which I have before on many threads, Constitutionalality, legality, and morality issues and ethics, also can be connected to the "rights", each and every one of those issues.

But we can talk it out to death in every thread in the differing opinions and not neccessarily apart of bandwagon thought.

Edited by Ramen666, 21 February 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#86 Guest_Valk0010_*

Guest_Valk0010_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

Too things, be glad you aren't a women or anything other then a white boy college grad in california. You got it made pal!!!!

I can see the sarcasm (if it is even there) in there if that is what you asserting with every one of those issues. We go down the list of the issues and discuss them which I have before on many threads, Constitutionalality, legality, and morality issues and ethics, also can be connected to the "rights", each and every one of those issues.

But we can talk it out to death in every thread in the differing opinions and not neccessarily apart of bandwagon thought.

I was being somewhat sarcastic. Its hard to be multicultural and still be critical, i suspect, when your in the majority as far as society (college educated and white). Hence with that, I think your views on islam come. As far as abortion, I am not sure its really a man's place to judge. Hence why I said what I said about women there. I don't want to thread hijack, so if your interested in discussing this more with me. It might be a good idea if your start a new thread.

#87 Legion

Legion

Psycho Somatic

• 11,970 posts
  • Interests:Survival sounds good. I'd really like to have understanding too That'd be cool.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :the smile on Lao Tzu's dog

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

Which is worse? Being marginalized or having one's own impulses used against their best interests?

It's not an either/or thing. They are getting both. The sociopathic Right (elites of the Right) manipulate and exploit the white working-class male while the Left marginalize and demoralize him.

Posted Image

Living under the rise of tyranny.

#88 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,188 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :FSM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Which is worse? Being marginalized or having one's own impulses used against their best interests?

It's not an either/or thing. They are getting both. The sociopathic Right (elites of the Right) manipulate and exploit the white working-class male while the Left marginalize and demoralize him.

Lotsa claims. Zero examples to back them up.

#89 Legion

Legion

Psycho Somatic

• 11,970 posts
  • Interests:Survival sounds good. I'd really like to have understanding too That'd be cool.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

You think I give a shit about this right now asshole?

Valk is planning his death.

Posted Image

#90 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,188 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

You're not interested in 'understanding' like you say. You guard that grudge of yours like its your hymen.

#91 Vigile

Vigile

Fully Human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 23,760 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

You're not interested in 'understanding' like you say. You guard that grudge of yours like its your hymen.

One more strike against me, but I agree.
-Voltaire

#92 REBOOT

REBOOT

Ignostic Fruitloop

• 2,671 posts
  • Interests:The boundaries of our perceived universe<br />The speculations as to what lies beyond.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :IGNOSTIC: Hans is a god but ignores it !!!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

I don't know a single case where a person was euthanized involuntarily in the Netherlands. There is very very strict protocol, if it's not done correct to the last detail a doctor risks to be charged for murder. He makes it also sound it's easy to be euthanized, Euthanasia is not at all widely accepted here! We still have to fight for it.

That this fact isn't understood by Sanctorum is the most disgusting aspect of what is happening down south. Accusing the Netherlands of forced euthanizia should have provoked some kind of response from .... Belgium maybe ? or maybe Belgium figures he's an unelectable nutcase. The same way Europe ignored that little guy with the short mustache in the 30's and 40's.

http://dekerivers.wo...d-win-michigan/

Posted Image

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

#93 Legion

Legion

Psycho Somatic

• 11,970 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

One more strike against me, but I agree.

Guys I will try to return to this when it seems relevant. Right now, I'm worried about this...

http://www.ex-christ...__fromsearch__1

Posted Image

#94 REBOOT

REBOOT

Ignostic Fruitloop

• 2,671 posts
  • Interests:The boundaries of our perceived universe<br />The speculations as to what lies beyond.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :IGNOSTIC: Hans is a god but ignores it !!!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just found a few crispy snippets Posted Image)

Rick Santorum is a national embarrassment. A sitting talking stereotype of everything broken and wrong with American politics and American life. In response to his gross wallowing in ignorance and petty xenophobic lies the media of the Netherlands has exploded in justified contempt and anger.

http://www.buzzfeed....euthanasia-clai

Hopefully, its game over for that idiot.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

#95 Ramen666

Ramen666

I invoke the Rank Clause

• 8,856 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Politics, Food, Movies
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Raptor Jesus

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

I was being somewhat sarcastic. Its hard to be multicultural and still be critical, i suspect, when your in the majority as far as society (college educated and white). Hence with that, I think your views on islam come. As far as abortion, I am not sure its really a man's place to judge. Hence why I said what I said about women there. I don't want to thread hijack, so if your interested in discussing this more with me. It might be a good idea if your start a new thread.

Not to derail this thread, the Islam thing comes with being an Ex-Christian and my views on religion in general. I don't give a damn if they are the minority religion (in this country they are not in the world though which that is number 2 world wide) or not in this country, just because they are the smaller reliigion doesn't automaticaly give them the free pass. I judge the religion based on their actions (the people who are following it), what it preaches, just like Christianity, why does Islam deserve to be treated different and pandered to, because it is smaller? That makes what it does ok (the more barbaric religion, the more brutal religion towards non believers, the religion that really treats women like crap when the same people always complain about womens rights when defending abortions pander to this religion)but it is free for all with Christianity which is defiently the better religion of the two? The fuck?Posted Image

The other issues we can discuss in the existing topics when we get the chance.

Edited by Ramen666, 21 February 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#96 Ro-bear

Ro-bear

Fully Human

• 7,640 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None I know of

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone here actually change their minds about things engaging in these political discussions? Or are they soley for stroking e-peens while declaring your _______ for or against a certain political figure/group?

Maybe there should be a discussion of how everyone decided upon their current political stance, instead of talking about politics without knowing why the other person is ranting in their current chosen fashion. E.g. Liberals are ______ and I came to this conclusion by _______ therefore ______

Obviously I'm no bride wearing a white dress when it comes to this, I've talked abunch of shit about politics, but I want to move further from that and learn instead of argu. Although I'd say arguing is fine as long as there is some resolution that comes from it.

I am able to come to my own opinions without caring if they are popular or not, and think for myself which at times I do actually get hell for actually thinking for my self ON THIS SITE (which I thoiught we are suppose to be free thinkers) lol because I am not on board the bandwagons, or if they are in tow with the party line.

Don't be such a martyr. No one gives you hell for thinking for yourself or not being on a bandwagon. People give you hell when they disagree with you. Happens to everyone else here, too, including those you regularly accuse of not thinking for themselves.
I wanted to ask God for a bike, but I knew God didn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

#97 aspirin99

aspirin99

Doubter

• 63 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image
Here's something I made this morning. I think I'll make a whole series of these.
Visit: TalkingTimeline.com
Timeline from Big Bang to Current, focusing on events and people of skeptical research interests.

#98 Legion

Legion

Psycho Somatic

• 11,970 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

As much as Sac-torum sucks, he's better than Obama, on balance.

We only need him to do what needs to be done fiscally. The rest of his bullshit we can deflect, I hope.

Posted Image

#99 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,188 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

We only need him to do what needs to be done fiscally. The rest of his bullshit we can deflect, I hope.

What exactly do you think he'll do, fiscally?

#100 BrotherJosh

BrotherJosh

Heathen Duffer

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 2,413 posts
  • Interests:Off-Roading, Gunsmithing, Keeping Aquariums, Cooking, Reading Fantasy Novels, Golfing, and Craft Beer
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Walter Sobchak

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Massive tax cuts proposed by GOP presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would cause the national debt to explode while Mitt Romney's budget plan could generate red ink in line with current projections, according to a new study released Thursday.

- AP, Andrew Taylor

http://abcnews.go.co...08#.T0wooYePW_U
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users