Goodbye Jesus

Ex-C Memorial Thread

Margee

Margee,  I'm here for you my friend. Talk all you need to. PM me if you want.

I have nothing profound to say.   You are the closest thing to the love of God this forum has ever seen. 

Edit to add, I should have said this world has ever seen. You all know what I mean.

• Like 2

More hugs from surprisingly warm-weathered Germany!

• Like 1

Margee, I am very sorry to hear of this situation.

Last 10th December was the second anniversary of my father's death.  I remember visiting him in hospital on the previous day; it was blatantly obvious he would not be leaving there alive.  He had been there for a week by that time - and I was, in effect, just waiting for news of the end.  It is a horrible feeling.

I'm just glad that I was not fearful for his being on his way to hell, as I would have been some years earlier.

All the best at this time.

• Like 1

Another hug here from London. 

• Like 1

So sorry to hear it Margee.  My thoughts are with you.  You have been a good friend to me.

I'm sorry Margee. Hugs

• Like 1

my brother's mother-in-law passed away last week, and was cremated last saturday, same place my dad was cremated 2 years + ago. it brought back memories, and it still hurts.

life goes on,,,,,,

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

My thoughts are with you Margee.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your step dad's condition. I am sure it is very sad and difficult for you and the rest of your family. Your step-dad may not even realize it, maybe never realized it, but he has been so fortunate to have had you in his life.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time, Margee.

image.jpg

I'm thinking of you during this sad time, ((Margee)).  You are so gracious and strong.  Hang in there, sweetie.

212.jpg

• Like 1

Hugs for you Margee. what a tough thing to be facing. so sorry. Will be thinking of you.

• Like 1

Thank you to my friends on this site and face-book for all your support. My step-dad  died last night. Most of my friends and family say he's in a 'better' place now. They don't know about me. It would be a wonderful thought to think that mom and the whole gang would be having a nice party for him.....I miss being able to have those thoughts. But I know one thing for sure...this man will finally be at peace. Thanks again.

Hugs

Thank you to my friends on this site and face-book for all your support. My step-dad  died last night. Most of my friends and family say he's in a 'better' place now. They don't know about me. It would be a wonderful thought to think that mom and the whole gang would be having a nice party for him.....I miss being able to have those thoughts. But I know one thing for sure...this man will finally be at peace. Thanks again.

Hugs

I am so sorry to hear of your step-dad's death. I know it is difficult for you, especially coming so close to the anniversary of your dear mother's death. You are on my mind.

• Super Moderator

Sorry for your loss. Wishing you the best.

My sincere condolences, Margee

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I'm so sorry, Margee.

Hugs Margee!!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of this loss.

• Like 1

Again, I'd like to thank my friends for support during this festive season. We will have the funeral next week and do our very best to have a good day today. I am processing his death. I feel that my step dad is finally at peace and so I will also try to be.

Hugs to all today. 

• 3 weeks later...

My condolences, Margee, even though I hardly know you yet.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Margee.  And I'm sorry to hear of everybody's losses.

My mom died 32 years and a week ago today.  My dad died 5 years ago.  They were truly good people.  They had brothers and sisters, but my parents were the best of each of their families.  There was some abuse and alcoholism and some real meanness in their siblings.  I used to wonder how my parents turned out so nice from the families they came from!  My dad had three brothers, and once I asked him why they hadn't been like the Marx Brothers and started a comedy act together and he just looked at me and said, "Amateur, you've met my brothers . . . ."  and I was like, "Ohhhhh . . . you're right."

I never really knew any of my grandparents.  They were all old and sick when I was very young, then they all died.  I have no memories of having a conversation with any of them, even a very childish conversation (as I was under 5) because they were ill and we had to be quiet, and my one grandmother had dementia and nothing was left, not even speech, just repetitive babbling.  I have stories of them, and they all seemed like fascinating people, courageous, coming here by ship from the Old Country, my one grandmother bringing my toddler mother over herself after my grandfather sent her money, and my other grandmother under rather horrific conditions (her father sent only for her when she was about 14 so she could cook and clean for him, and never sent money for his wife or his son, so she never saw them again).  Can you imagine being 14 and being on a trans-Atlantic ship by yourself, and never seeing your mother or little brother again?  That same grandmother divorced her first abusive husband in the 1920's, and he faked his death so he didn't have to pay child support or alimony.  A single mother of three children at that time (my dad came later, by another abusive man who left her when my dad was 3), and two other children who had died, trying to make a go of it on her own in the 1920's with no support, and she could barely speak English.  That's about everything I know about my grandparents, all poor, sick, dying people, and my one grandmother led a Dickensian life, although her sons did support her when they were old enough to do so and until her death.

One thing that used to hurt me when I attended church and belonged to women's groups was when the other women talked about how godly their grandparents had been ("Everybody was so much more godly in the old days!" they exclaimed, and I'd think, "You don't know my family.") and how they looked forward to seeing their extended families again when they went to heaven.  I've never had that view.  I never knew those people, and some of them were abusive and horrible and don't sound nice at all, not people I'd want to spend eternity with.  And I never knew who in my family was a xian or atheist.  I suspect agnostics among my grandparents, and the Russian grandfather who had been exiled for being an anarchist in the 1920's I bet was an atheist, but I don't really know.

My parents, I believe, were agnostic, and when I was a believer and the women would go on about being with their families in heaven, I'd have no clue who from my family would be there or not, so didn't join the conversation.  Oddly enough, the thought of hell never really bothered me, what bothered me more was having no clue where any of my family might be, and would I even know them?

I never realized what I had missed by never knowing my grandparents, or even aunts and uncles well (they were mainly much older and ill too, and I was never close with any of them, and now they're all dead), until recently, and I envy people who still have grandparents, aunts and uncles, and parents who are good people and that they really know and have good childhood memories about.  I don't have that.

But I had truly wonderful parents and they gave me an incredible childhood.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Margee,

Bit late "Condolences" fails to give the depth of loss I feel with you for loss of a parent. 
Will say though I have lost mine many decades prior, long before their times expected. Know we are expected to outlive them, still stings and burns in places in depths we did not know we had.

Peace the best you can make of situation,

k

There is plenty of pain in this life without cruel fanatics dreaming up eternal hell. My heart goes out to each of you for your own personal pain and loss. My parents are both gone and I miss them. Tell your love ones how much you love them now. Don't wait. Rip