#41 Denyoz

Denyoz

Mental Transmuter

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 955 Beiträge:
  • Interests:Metaphysics
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The All

Geschrieben 25 Februar 2012 - 11:02

Catholics' favorate excuse: "God will fully reveal himself to you in Heaven, you just have to suffer and believe during this very short time that is your life on earth, then you will be with him for Eternity."

I couldn't wait to die to see God.
Let's evolve.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

#42 Jesususedpeyote

Jesususedpeyote

Doubter

• 41 Beiträge:
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Show me one first

Geschrieben 27 Februar 2012 - 03:50

I love all of these you guys are posting! Eingefügtes Bild

I would say the majority of gawd's excuses (for me) have already been stated, the number one being:

"It's God's Will" I FUCKING hate hearing that more than anything else!!

I've only read the first page and a half, this may have been stated and I just haven't read it yet, but this one
always fucked with me: (this may seem off topic but bear with me)

Why all the bad shit happens: "This is Satan's world"
Me: Oh, so God can't do anything about it?
Xian: Oh, He will but it will only happen after the rapture

W.T.F

#43 Zephie

Zephie

Derp

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 1.144 Beiträge:
  • Interests:Tribal Belly Dance, Doctor Who, Video Games, Anime, Glee, World Religions, Music, Indian Food, and Sarcasm
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Atheist with Pagan/Spiritualist tendencies

Geschrieben 27 Februar 2012 - 09:45

Heard this yesterday...."God keeps us from harm...." Uh yeah....no.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way" 

#44 momof8

momof8

Doubter

• 69 Beiträge:
  • Interests:my children and family, sewing, knitting, anything crafty or artistic, reading
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :no, I am done with religion of any kind

Geschrieben 27 Februar 2012 - 10:40

God's just mysterious. (This is code for, "I realize I just lost the argument, so I'll toss this one out there to try to distract you since there is no argument against it.")

His ways are so beyond our understanding that he couldn't even make his actions make sense to us if he wanted to, because our brains just couldn't handle it.

This is what my Mom says, it drives me crazy!!!!

#45 Guest_Valk0010_*

Guest_Valk0010_*
  • Guests

Geschrieben 27 Februar 2012 - 10:42

Appeal to authority masked in saying, gods ways are higher then our own.

Arguement from ignorance and adhoc and appeal to ignorance in saying, gods ways are mysterious.

#46 midniterider

midniterider

Fully Human

• 4.703 Beiträge:
  • Interests:Chaos Magick, Meditation, Lucid Dreaming. I try not to take my philosophy of life too seriously.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Monistic Idealist

Geschrieben 27 Februar 2012 - 03:08

One more I've heard is that if God were to reveal himself we still wouldn't believe. WTF? If God revealed himself I'd have all the reason to believe. Just another example of Christians trying to read the minds of unbelievers based on select bible verses.

"If" is a supposition only, but xians are used to basing their lives on supposition.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in Gods.

Christianity is simply a belief in Jesus. :-)

0 Besucher lesen dieses Thema

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users