#1 Suzy

Suzy

Apostate

• 843 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cosmology, music, observing the world around me
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :God-free since 2010

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Of course, he is a Christian (a devout Catholic):

In an interview with the National Conservative Examiner, Pacquiao quoted Leviticus 20:13, telling the publication that "if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

He went on to say that society needs to "put God's word first."

The boxer went on to say "God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally
married, only if they so are in love with each other. It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old."

http://blogs.village...ny_pacquiao.php

Pacquiao needs to read his Bible more. I guess it escaped his attention when daughters are sold to be sex slaves or captive women are forced to marry the guys who massacred their families. These women were surely "in love" with their abusers and married them because of that great love.

Edited by Suzy, 16 May 2012 - 01:48 AM.

"The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown"

#2 Dhampir

Dhampir

I'm the ThunderGod, Bitch!!!

• 3,144 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :My All-Powerful Imagination

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

That sucks. I was a fan too.
You find me offensive? I find you offensive for fin-din' me offensive.

I killed Superman! I killed Super--man, 'nd how ironic, that I'd be the bad guy Kryptonite the green chronic. 'Cuz I ain't got no legs, or, no brain. Nice to meet you, hi, my name is-- I forgot my name!

Now I need you to open, your mind, your eyes close em' *close em'*. You are now about to be placed under my hypnosis *nosis*. For the next 4 1/2 minutes, we are going to explore into your mind to find out why you're so fucking jealous-- Now why do they make yoohoo? pipitty caca poopoo. Psyche! I'm kidding I just wanted to see if you're still listening.

#3 REBOOT

REBOOT

Ignostic Fruitloop

• 2,679 posts
  • Interests:The boundaries of our perceived universe<br />The speculations as to what lies beyond.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :IGNOSTIC: Hans is a god but ignores it !!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Heard cheering in the crowd: 'Go Pacquiao Go'
http://www.vanguardn...-to-us-bishops/
Pope Benedict XVI condemned gay marriage on Friday in a speech to bishops from the United States after the US state of Maryland last week became the eighth in the nation to legalise same-sex unions.

He's on a war trek against those who work against the dogmas of his church. You'll never get a refute from Benny concerning Pacquiao's statement.
Posted Image

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

#4 thesadclown

thesadclown

Doubter

• 84 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Thinking
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :No.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

Compartmentalize. As the great Charles Barkeley said, "I am not a role model".
I laugh, yet the joke is on me.

#5 florduh

florduh

Not Right in the Head

• Super Moderator
  • 15,239 posts
  • Interests:Food.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :my doG

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Has the Republican party recruited him yet? He has a future in politics with that kind of rhetoric.

House: "So, you're a faith healer. Or is that a pejorative? Do you prefer something like "divine health management"?"

#6 FeelHappy

FeelHappy

Skeptic

• 623 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Religion, Philosophy, History
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Non Theist

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Come on who cares if his church won't recognize gay marriages. I can be married in a protestant church or at the local JP away from any religion. If I have the right to be in non-Catholic church sanctioned marriage then to gay adults should have the same option.

The issue isn't whether the catholic church has to marry gays, the issue is if gays should have the right and I've yet to hear a single convincing non religious argument which combats it. The have a separation of church and state for a reason and no church is needed for my marriage nor should their opinion matter on a gay marriage.

Secondly, if we followed the Old Testament laws and killed people so easily, most of us here would be dead for talking back to their parents (perhaps the fundie Pacquao as well) -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Edited by FeelHappy, 16 May 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#7 Suzy

Suzy

Apostate

• 843 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cosmology, music, observing the world around me
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :God-free since 2010

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Has the Republican party recruited him yet? He has a future in politics with that kind of rhetoric.

He is already in politics. He's a congressman in his country.
"The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown"

#8 Dhampir

Dhampir

• 3,144 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Compartmentalize. As the great Charles Barkeley said, "I am not a role model".

Barkeley being an abrasive character didn't bother me. Eminem used to put a lot of vitriolic stuff about gays in his lyrics-- but in reality he only seems somewhat put off by them, so I'm not bothered. This guy seems to honestly believe what he says. It bothers me.

Denzel Washington spoke out against atheists in regards to his latest movie. I refused to see it, even though by all accounts it's one of his best.

I killed Superman! I killed Super--man, 'nd how ironic, that I'd be the bad guy Kryptonite the green chronic. 'Cuz I ain't got no legs, or, no brain. Nice to meet you, hi, my name is-- I forgot my name!

Now I need you to open, your mind, your eyes close em' *close em'*. You are now about to be placed under my hypnosis *nosis*. For the next 4 1/2 minutes, we are going to explore into your mind to find out why you're so fucking jealous-- Now why do they make yoohoo? pipitty caca poopoo. Psyche! I'm kidding I just wanted to see if you're still listening.

#9 Exevolt

Exevolt

Thinker

• 172 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Gaming, Science, Documentaries, Learning, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Powermetal
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Don't know, don't care

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image Pacquiao...
“The hands that help are far better than the lips that pray.” -Robert Ingersoll
"Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)" -Mandalorian Saying
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Ghandi
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one." -Spok

#10 thesadclown

thesadclown

Doubter

• 84 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Thinking
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :No.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Denzel Washington spoke out against atheists in regards to his latest movie. I refused to see it, even though by all accounts it's one of his best.

Too bad. I liked that movie.
I laugh, yet the joke is on me.

#11 ShackledNoMore

ShackledNoMore

Uber Skeptic

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 2,518 posts
  • Interests:Yes
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :No

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

From the official statement from the Pacquiao Website: "I didn’t know that quote from Leviticus because I haven’t read the Book of Leviticus yet."

Idiot. Perhaps he should have investigated things a little more carefully before he accepted the babble as the source of ultimate truth (including all the other things it says in Leviticus).
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

#12 Dhampir

Dhampir

• 3,144 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...16864--box.html

He appears to be denying most of what was attributed to him

Edited by Dhampir, 17 May 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#13 Astreja

Astreja

Springy Goddess

• 2,277 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, gardening, meadmaking
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Humanist and agnostic polyatheist

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Poetic justice would be for Pacquiao to get decked in the first round of his next fight, and never win in the ring again.

Bonus points if the hit makes his head buzz like a hive full of giggling bees and forces him out of politics.

Make it so.Posted Image

(By the way... Isn't it treason, or at least a violation of your oath of office, if you promote a religion-based code that conflicts with the laws of the nation you represent?)

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users