Sign in to follow this  
Legion

Kandinsky

Legion    720

Onyx turned me onto some Kandinsky and I'm blown away. I may have seen some of his stuff before and didn't know the artists name. I'm not sure. But this is just fantastic in my book. Check some these...

kandinsky07.jpg

alfred-gockel-homage-to-kandinsky.jpg

KandinskyComposition%20VIISketch913.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Abstract Expressionism...I think...the art history is blurry in my mind. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I like that stuff!

Onyx    327

Lovely, I'm flattered. Anyway, it's recommended that you may try Rothko and Mondrian if you like Kandinsky. All have a strong focus on colours and line as well as musicality. :D

1268.jpg
  • Like 2

Onyx    327

Haha, I love that movie. Good going!

Noumena    300

Inspiring! smile.png

I like Piet Mondrians minimalist work. You can see the progression in his work.

mondrian74.jpg

From this to this

mondrian29.jpg

mondrian30.jpg

Mondriaan06.jpg

FM1927.jpg

Art History lesson is over for now biggrin.png

• Like 2

Deva    691

If you Google "Kandinsky and Theosophy" you will find some interesting results.

REBOOT    129

mondrian74.jpg

From this to this

mondrian29.jpg

mondrian30.jpg

Mondriaan06.jpg

FM1927.jpg

Without knowing it he painted the transition from the analogic to the digital representation of reality ;)

• Like 1

mondrian74.jpg

From this to this

mondrian29.jpg

mondrian30.jpg

Mondriaan06.jpg

FM1927.jpg

Without knowing it he painted the transition from the analogic to the digital representation of reality wink.png

analog to digital....great observation Reboot! As we know art imitates life & the other way around too. :D

Ro-bear    2,116

Lewis Wain liked painting kitties. He also went quite insane. See how his kitties progressed.

220px-Wain_Cat_%28realistic%29.jpg

220px-Wain_cat.jpg

200px-Louis_wain_cats.png

• Like 2

Ro-bear those are just wow. There are a lot of artists who went crazy, I saw some art by a lady who had mental illness in an art magazine, but that was a few years ago & I can't remember who it was.

Paul Gauguin was probably considered nuts as he left his wife & family to live & paint in Tahiti. Vincent Van Gogh died penniless, his work during his lifetime never sold. History keeps repeating itself.......

Antlerman    0

I love Kandinsky and just saw some of his work when I was at MoMA in New York recently. Any of the abstract expressionists I like, but none as much as Jackson Pollock. His work takes my breath away. I sat for about 20 minutes in front of his last piece when I saw it as the Chicago Art Institute, and another of his out at MoMA recently. Stunning.

Pollock MoMA.jpg

autumnrhythm.jpg

bluepoles.jpg

convergence.jpg

Deva    691

NeverAgain mentioned Paul Gauguin. One of my favorite artists of all time. His paintings have a lot of power. The use of color is spectacular and the mystery of the images just adds to it. This one is in our local museum, and I wish we had a lot more of them:

20100930035748%21Gauguin-christ-in-garden.jpg

NeverAgain mentioned Paul Gauguin. One of my favorite artists of all time. His paintings have a lot of power. The use of color is spectacular and the mystery of the images just adds to it. This one is in our local museum, and I wish we had a lot more of them:

I love Gauguin's work! I saw an exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago...it was the late 80's & the exhibit was AWESOME.
  • Like 1

I love Gauguin's work! I saw an exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago...it was the late 80's & the exhibit was AWESOME.

Forgot to mention this, I think it's fascinating that Paul G embraced the culture of the natives of Tahiti. I don't think he went there to "convert" them or to get them to change their "evil customs". How different from the artist perspective compared to the perspective of the religious zealots who tried to stamp out the religion & cultures of island peoples.

REBOOT    129

Lewis Wain liked painting kitties. He also went quite insane. See how his kitties progressed.

220px-Wain_Cat_%28realistic%29.jpg

220px-Wain_cat.jpg

200px-Louis_wain_cats.png

Totally wild !!! Another transition... from cat to cat-like fractal expression. I tell ya !! Computers are taking over LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal

Some theorists even imagined that our universe was managed by fractals ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal_cosmology