Photo

Kandinsky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Legion

Legion

Psycho Somatic

• 11,970 posts
  • Interests:Survival sounds good. I'd really like to have understanding too That'd be cool.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :the smile on Lao Tzu's dog

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Onyx turned me onto some Kandinsky and I'm blown away. I may have seen some of his stuff before and didn't know the artists name. I'm not sure. But this is just fantastic in my book. Check some these...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Living under the rise of tyranny.

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

#2 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Art, Movies & Music. NPR. 1970's & 80's. Comic books & graphic novels. Learning how cults manipulate & thought reform.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Love? I hope there's more than this..

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Abstract Expressionism...I think...the art history is blurry in my mind. Posted Image
I like that stuff!
That plain little turtle below in the stack, That plain little turtle whose name was just Mack,
Decided he’d taken enough. And he had. And that plain little lad got a bit mad.
Dr. Seuss - Yertle the Turtle
http://tossandripple.blogspot.com/2011/11/yertle-turtle-by-dr-suess.html
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

#3 Onyx

Onyx

Hoka Hoka Hey!

• 3,043 posts
  • Interests:Games, TV, swimming, religion, media/literature, human nature and being a person.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Hopeful Atheist

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Lovely, I'm flattered. Anyway, it's recommended that you may try Rothko and Mondrian if you like Kandinsky. All have a strong focus on colours and line as well as musicality. :D

“Order prevails in Berlin!” You foolish lackeys! Your “order” is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will “rise up again, clashing its weapons,” and to your horror it will proclaim with trumpets blazing:

I was, I am, I shall be!”
- Rosa Luxemburg

#4 BrotherJosh

BrotherJosh

Heathen Duffer

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 2,902 posts
  • Interests:Off-Roading, Gunsmithing, Keeping Aquariums, Cooking, Reading Fantasy Novels, Golfing, and Craft Beer
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Walter Sobchak

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman

#5 Onyx

Onyx

Hoka Hoka Hey!

• 3,043 posts
  • Interests:Games, TV, swimming, religion, media/literature, human nature and being a person.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Hopeful Atheist

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Haha, I love that movie. Good going!

“Order prevails in Berlin!” You foolish lackeys! Your “order” is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will “rise up again, clashing its weapons,” and to your horror it will proclaim with trumpets blazing:

I was, I am, I shall be!”
- Rosa Luxemburg

#6 Noumena

Noumena

Infidel

• 1,304 posts
  • Interests:mum's the word
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :huh? what?

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Inspiring! Posted Image
Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

#7 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Art, Movies & Music. NPR. 1970's & 80's. Comic books & graphic novels. Learning how cults manipulate & thought reform.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Love? I hope there's more than this..

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I like Piet Mondrians minimalist work. You can see the progression in his work.

Posted Image
From this to this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Art History lesson is over for now Posted Image
That plain little turtle below in the stack, That plain little turtle whose name was just Mack,
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

#8 Deva

Deva

Heathen

• 8,541 posts
  • Interests:Birding, art, reading, keeping salamanders, reptiles, giant millipedes and plants; cooking, and cultivating a good heart.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

If you Google "Kandinsky and Theosophy" you will find some interesting results.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus "All my life people have been working to enslave me, but all I ever wanted to be was an eagle flying in a clear blue sky" - Deva

#9 REBOOT

REBOOT

Ignostic Fruitloop

• 2,682 posts
  • Interests:The boundaries of our perceived universe<br />The speculations as to what lies beyond.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :IGNOSTIC: Hans is a god but ignores it !!!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image
From this to this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Without knowing it he painted the transition from the analogic to the digital representation of reality ;)

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

#10 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image
From this to this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Without knowing it he painted the transition from the analogic to the digital representation of reality Posted Image

analog to digital....great observation Reboot! As we know art imitates life & the other way around too. :D

#11 Ro-bear

Ro-bear

Fully Human

• 7,834 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None I know of

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Lewis Wain liked painting kitties. He also went quite insane. See how his kitties progressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I wanted to ask God for a bike, but I knew God didn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

#12 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Ro-bear those are just wow. There are a lot of artists who went crazy, I saw some art by a lady who had mental illness in an art magazine, but that was a few years ago & I can't remember who it was.

Paul Gauguin was probably considered nuts as he left his wife & family to live & paint in Tahiti. Vincent Van Gogh died penniless, his work during his lifetime never sold. History keeps repeating itself.......

#13 Antlerman

Antlerman

Universal Church of Humanity

• 9,865 posts
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, science, religion, life.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :What's God?

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I love Kandinsky and just saw some of his work when I was at MoMA in New York recently. Any of the abstract expressionists I like, but none as much as Jackson Pollock. His work takes my breath away. I sat for about 20 minutes in front of his last piece when I saw it as the Chicago Art Institute, and another of his out at MoMA recently. Stunning.

Attached File  Pollock MoMA.jpg   223.12KB   5 downloads

Attached File  autumnrhythm.jpg   58.83KB   7 downloads

Attached File  bluepoles.jpg   116.23KB   6 downloads

Attached File  convergence.jpg   61.21KB   4 downloads

Many paths lead from the foot of the mountain,
but at the peak we all gaze at the single bright moon.

~Ikkyu - Zen-monk poet, 1394-1481

If a plant cannot live according to its nature it dies; and so a man.

~Thoureau

#14 Deva

Deva

Heathen

• 8,541 posts
  • Interests:Birding, art, reading, keeping salamanders, reptiles, giant millipedes and plants; cooking, and cultivating a good heart.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

NeverAgain mentioned Paul Gauguin. One of my favorite artists of all time. His paintings have a lot of power. The use of color is spectacular and the mystery of the images just adds to it. This one is in our local museum, and I wish we had a lot more of them:

Posted Image
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus "All my life people have been working to enslave me, but all I ever wanted to be was an eagle flying in a clear blue sky" - Deva

#15 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

NeverAgain mentioned Paul Gauguin. One of my favorite artists of all time. His paintings have a lot of power. The use of color is spectacular and the mystery of the images just adds to it. This one is in our local museum, and I wish we had a lot more of them:

Posted Image

I love Gauguin's work! I saw an exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago...it was the late 80's & the exhibit was AWESOME.

#16 NeverAgainV

NeverAgainV

only human

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

I love Gauguin's work! I saw an exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago...it was the late 80's & the exhibit was AWESOME.

Forgot to mention this, I think it's fascinating that Paul G embraced the culture of the natives of Tahiti. I don't think he went there to "convert" them or to get them to change their "evil customs". How different from the artist perspective compared to the perspective of the religious zealots who tried to stamp out the religion & cultures of island peoples.

#17 REBOOT

REBOOT

Ignostic Fruitloop

• 2,682 posts
  • Interests:The boundaries of our perceived universe<br />The speculations as to what lies beyond.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :IGNOSTIC: Hans is a god but ignores it !!!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Lewis Wain liked painting kitties. He also went quite insane. See how his kitties progressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Totally wild !!! Another transition... from cat to cat-like fractal expression. I tell ya !! Computers are taking over LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal

Some theorists even imagined that our universe was managed by fractals ;)
http://en.wikipedia....actal_cosmology

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users