Goodbye Jesus

Awesome Prophetic Song! Wanted To Share...

Victory2011

I'm always moved to religious conversion by songs with crucifixions in the them with a positive happy message. Who isn't? How about it? Everybody sing now....

WHAT. THE. FRANK.

From what I can see, some people here are still Christians..or maybe they are on the fence. The song moved me, so maybe it will move someone else too. You never know. I felt compelled to share it. I think I am allowed to post in the Lion's Den like this. Never underestimate the power of music.

Music has been said to lead to false salvation. In the moment people get overcome with emotion due to music and go accept christ. when the music wears off and they fall back into sin or waiver they are told that they probably didnt get saved. Thats what music does blues, rock, classical, it all is for emotion. but strip away all the guilt and emotion from the song and there is nothing there but fairy tales and flawed history.

• Like 1

Oh, and Victory2011, when you say this song is "prophetic," what exactly do you mean by that? I listened to several minutes of it (there was no way I was listening to over twelve minutes of that vomit), and it didn't seem to offer any predictions or actual wisdom, but was just composed of random religious-sounding phrases. I don't think "prophetic" means what you seem to think it means, or what you want it to mean.

EDIT: Or has the word "prophecy" been dumbed down by Christians in the same way that "miracle" has? It used to be that miracles were things like parting the Red Sea, but now they're just things like curing headaches and helping people find their car keys. Does "prophecy" now just mean any vaguely spiritual-sounding kissing of God's ass?

I am pretty sure he is talking about what Christians call "prophetic worship". It IS different from how we normally think of prophecy. I was into it a bit when I was still xtian, and a lot of my friends were. Its pretty big with groups like International House of Prayer.

Prophetic worship is from what I understand music that is done "under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit". It is usually not prewritten, or maybe a chord progression is written and maybe an idea, but the singer sings "inspired" or "prophetic" words, or intercession. They also might find scripture, sing the scripture, and then sing prayers based off of that scripture that "God is putting on their heart". Others times one might sing "from God", and sing about how much he loves you. The singer is singing FROM God's perspective to give the song a more personal/intimate feel. I have listened to songs like this, and been to services where churches did this, and been to International House of Prayer services.

I actually didn't listen to the song he posted, because I have no desire to, but I am guessing it is something along those lines.

I'm always moved to religious conversion by songs with crucifixions in the them with a positive happy message. Who isn't? How about it? Everybody sing now....

WHAT. THE. FRANK.

Mcdaddy, its from Life of Brian. You should watch it. I bet you would love it. (Just... Dont watch it with your wife around. I dont think she would appreciate it.)

Music has been said to lead to false salvation. In the moment people get overcome with emotion due to music and go accept christ. when the music wears off and they fall back into sin or waiver they are told that they probably didnt get saved. Thats what music does blues, rock, classical, it all is for emotion. but strip away all the guilt and emotion from the song and there is nothing there but fairy tales and flawed history.

Over the years, I've learned that music is my salvation and prayer. Some songs just take me on a journey (or perhaps it's some kind of meditation, idk). Music is most definitely powerful stuff.

Music.

Tripping us out since Stonehenge.

• Like 2

Over the years, I've learned that music is my salvation and prayer. Some songs just take me on a journey (or perhaps it's some kind of meditation, idk). Music is most definitely powerful stuff.

Agreed. Music has always been there, you dont even need words. think about primitive tribes emotionally dancing with just drums.....powerful stuff. when i was a xian, they used to tell us that satan was a minister of music so to guard what we listened to. LOL

You've been Punked!!!!

The xtian comes along, posts something, and now look at the reaction. But the question is: where did the xtian go? LOL

I've seen this modus operandi so many times in this blog during my short stay here. The fundy comes along, posts something, gets crucified for it (pun intended), and runs away like a scared cat. LOL

Hi Guys,

Have not been on here for a while. I wanted to share a song that my church played last week during worship. I felt the Holy Spirit move so intensely during this song. I know it is not just the song, but it is an amazing song. It always brings me closer to God each time I hear it. It is almost 13 minutes long, so brace yourself. It starts off slow, but it speeds up, I promise.

I just thought maybe some of you would benefit from listening to it. It really takes you to new places. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose smile.png

In my sampling through the sections of the song I got the general gist of what it is doing. Victory, have you ever heard of mantras? This is doing that. "I can hear the voice of the Lord, and it comes crashing over me", repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. "Mother Mary full of grace the lord is with thee", repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. "om mani padme hum", repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Good to see you finding in Christianity what other religions have been practicing for millennia beforehand.

You said, "I felt the Holy Spirit move so intensely during this song. I know it is not just the song". That's right. Practicing chants and matras like this is something religions have learned ages before Christianity will help them move into altered states of consciousness where you 'step out of yourself', your own world in your heads as you suspend normal engagement in thought as you otherwise do all day. In those states there are other aspects of yourself you will become exposed to, states which are spoken of as "spiritual". No doubt about it. So yes, it's not just the song, it's you opening yourself through chanting, or listening to, matras. What you are opening to, is what is already there inside you. You're seeing and experiencing in yourself what you normally don't, what's normally obscured.

You say, "It always brings me closer to God each time I hear it". Yes, those parts of ourselves not bound and constricted to 'normal modes of thought', are indeed liberated, and the experience is in fact 'greater than' than normal consciousness. That experience offers feelings of greater awareness and connectiveness to the world beyond us, and us in it, and with our own self. We represent that as "God". So yes, I would accept what you say that it "brings me closer to God", each time you "practice" this sort of method of meditation, the use of mantras. Nothing wrong with that. But don't be so childish to assume that God is only one thing, and that you somehow in how you represent it to yourself understand that for all other humans. God is many faces, faces that we project as part of that "God within" you say you experience.

Tell me you followed that even a little?

Antler, I think it was a drive by posting.

Antler, I think it was a drive by posting.

It doesn't matter. Maybe some of his friends will learn something if he doesn't bother to try to hear others.

If nothing else its good to hear an opposing viewpoint it keeps us healthy and sharp. Not like xianity where u rely on faith

weird that one of my fav songs began playing out of nowhere on my iTunes while reading this thread. oh well. thought i'd share

I like to listen to this song when I'm sad.It always makes me feel better!yellow.gif

And please do be careful with the word "prophecy"... I think when things started out, it was only supposed to be 1 in a million Christians who have this "gift" and now everyone freaking says they have it. Well, I know a lot of people (including me!) who have been hurt by people making up prophecies. Use the word carefully. No one does now-a-days, and it can really screw people up. Just a tip for you.

I like to listen to this song when I'm sad.It always makes me feel better!yellow.gif

And please do be careful with the word "prophecy"... I think when things started out, it was only supposed to be 1 in a million Christians who have this "gift" and now everyone freaking says they have it. Well, I know a lot of people (including me!) who have been hurt by people making up prophecies. Use the word carefully. No one does now-a-days, and it can really screw people up. Just a tip for you.

I seem to be one of the few that was given the gift of discernment. Unfortunately, my gift was so powerful that I couldn't stay in the church anymore, because I realized that everything that everyone was saying was bullshit.

• Like 6

I seem to be one of the few that was given the gift of discernment. Unfortunately, my gift was so powerful that I couldn't stay in the church anymore, because I realized that everything that everyone was saying was bullshit.

That's a powerful gift the Lard has given you, T2M ben Yahweh.

Yes, it is.

It's funny, because so many Christians will walk around bragging about their "spiritual gifts," but you will never see people say they have the gift of discernment. It's as if no one wants to be the one to say about someone else's "word from the Lord": "That's... that's... that's just not true. I don't think God said anything of the sort."

• Like 1

Yes, it is.

It's funny, because so many Christians will walk around bragging about their "spiritual gifts," but you will never see people say they have the gift of discernment. It's as if no one wants to be the one to say about someone else's "word from the Lord" that "That's... that's... that's just not true. I don't think God said anything of the sort."

It sure would be funnier if they did!

Callin bullshit on everybody. They wouldn't be long for the congregation.

From what I can see, some people here are still Christians..or maybe they are on the fence. The song moved me, so maybe it will move someone else too. You never know. I felt compelled to share it. I think I am allowed to post in the Lion's Den like this. Never underestimate the power of music.

Never underestimate the power of bullshit to poison an unsuspecting mind.

My favourite Christian-inspired song - Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"

Wow that Troika theme is making me feel all Xmassy - in a pagan kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6EIL06jSU

Googling "using music to manipulate audiences" pulled up some rather fascinating links.

The problem is that our drive-by Christian troll doesn't realize that a LOT of religious traditions use music to reinforce their messages. Feelings are ridiculously easy to manipulate and shape. That he thinks that his religion has validity because the myooooooooosic is so perrrrrrrrrrrrrty just tells me that his religion is basing its arguments heavily on how well-manipulated its believers' feelings are. Christianity's had a couple thousand years to learn to polish its manipulation techniques. It doesn't surprise me that its music can be very emotionally manipulative even though the majority of Christian music sucks (hence why it can be so hard to get any but the most dedicated of them to listen to it and it alone). Ever read one of those Christian glurge messages that Facebook Christians like to retell and forward? That's what their music is like: heavy-handed, manipulative, callow, poorly-thought-out, and illogical.

I just love the drive-by. It's a clear indication that not only does he not want to indulge in any dialog, but that he also has to run off so he won't see anything he shouldn't - he thinks others should listen to his song, not that he should listen to what anyone else has to say.

It's like admitting that you know your position is weak, that you'd change your faith if you take off the blinders.

I just noticed his name, victory 2011 - it's 2012 and he's still on the planet, guess there was no victory in 2011 after all.

My favourite Christian-inspired song - Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"

Wow that Troika theme is making me feel all Xmassy - in a pagan kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6EIL06jSU

Spectrox, that is my favorite Christmas song. Except maybe for this:

It took me way too long to realize this but luckily I had a break through. I had my family pray about if I should marry a girl, my mom and I were convinced god was okay with it and had a plan, whereas the rest of my family knew that god didn't want me to marry her. This was pretty confusing until I realized that it was all total bulls*it, I heard what I wanted and they heard what they wanted. There was no god speaking to any of us, only ourselves. I started to notice the same thing in churches, no one knew anything just took guesses and when they were right it was god and when they were wrong they didn't hear god correctly, not realizing the obvious reason why they were wrong.

I ran out of upvotes, FeelHappy, so will just say that I thought that was a brilliant observation. I also wondered back then how God could possibly say two different things to two different people. The only way out of that corner is to rationalize by saying that one of those two can't be really hearing from God, but if you're going to play Who's Line Is It Anyway like that, what's to say that YOU'RE hearing from him?