Goodbye Jesus

Just Lost My $Hit On Facebook!

Wings

So, on a Sunday your aunt was on Facebook instead of reading the bible or praying? So sad.. haha

• Like 8

So, on a Sunday your aunt was on Facebook instead of reading the bible or praying? So sad.. haha

HA. You make a good point.

I am so lucky no one in my family is outwardly rejecting me for my lack of faith. I think they all secretly hold the same doubts. My mom and dad were both agnostic. I have some extended family that post Jesus crap every now and then, but I just look the other way. I'm thankful they don't make comments about some of my obviously anti-religion posts.

Don't forget to tell us how your aunt responds! I am living vicariously through all of you folks' family dramas... I wouldn't stir the pot in my own family, but I sure like reading about how the Christians respond when someone does!

I am so lucky no one in my family is outwardly rejecting me for my lack of faith. I think they all secretly hold the same doubts. My mom and dad were both agnostic. I have some extended family that post Jesus crap every now and then, but I just look the other way. I'm thankful they don't make comments about some of my obviously anti-religion posts.

Don't forget to tell us how your aunt responds! I am living vicariously through all of you folks' family dramas... I wouldn't stir the pot in my own family, but I sure like reading about how the Christians respond when someone does!

Lol, I promise I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm just really irritated... I'm hoping they don't respond!

I actually find the Jesus stuff entertaining... the thing is, my sister came to the game with me as well (which is a 'secret').... I don't want her to go through the same thing I have. Also, that aunt's husband and sons used to always put stuff on my facebook pictures like "what if Jesus came back today. You're out at a bar with your friends. What kind of light are you being in the world?" Lol.

Doesn't sound like overkill at all. You know what? Go out in the world. Be normal, drink a beer, watch a baseball game and have fun. Fuck anyone who disagrees with just being a normal, fun loving human who doesn't sit in church every other day looking down on everyone else.

If the main priority is their beliefs over their relationship with you, well there is your answer. Doesn't matter who.

• Like 5

Doesn't sound like overkill at all. You know what? Go out in the world. Be normal, drink a beer, watch a baseball game and have fun. Fuck anyone who disagrees with just being a normal, fun loving human who doesn't sit in church every other day looking down on everyone else.

If the main priority is their beliefs over their relationship with you, well there is your answer. Doesn't matter who.

Thanks BrotherJosh... I totally agree! Appreciate the sentiment... I really wanted to say "fuck you" :)

I responded:

"You know what? This might not be the place to put this, but I have gotten A LOT of not-so-nice comments, emails, letters/cards and non-verbal messages from people because they are offended and/or displeased that I don't go to church. NEVER EVER have I told ANYONE that they should not go to church, NEVER EVER have I commented on any of my friends' fb or elsewhere (friends, I might note, who are from all walks of faith and life) telling them that they should lead their lives a different way (especially without backing it up with care and concern) and NEVER EVER EVER would I dream of putting on one of their religious/church-related pictures that they should be living their lives differently. I find it rude and insulting (to both my non or different-than-you religious friends and myself), judgmental and unnecessary and I'm really tired of it. If my life offends you, delete me. If you want to debate with me, debate with me. If you want to ask me why I've made the choices I've made, ask me. Until then, I can say that I live my life with honesty, integrity and truth. I make MANY mistakes, which I try to learn from, and I'm far from perfect. But I love and ask to be loved. I will accept you, and ask to be accepted. If that's too much for you, I understand. Know that I will ALWAYS love and accept you..."

I know it was a bit overkill in response to her message...

Nah, I'm jealous. I wish I could say that to my family. You didn't overkill anything. You did fine.

Lol, I promise I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm just really irritated... I'm hoping they don't respond!

I actually find the Jesus stuff entertaining... the thing is, my sister came to the game with me as well (which is a 'secret').... I don't want her to go through the same thing I have. Also, that aunt's husband and sons used to always put stuff on my facebook pictures like "what if Jesus came back today. You're out at a bar with your friends. What kind of light are you being in the world?" Lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were stirring the pot in a negative way. But maybe that is how they see it. It is how my family would see if I ever dared to question anything they post. Who knows. Entertaining nonetheless. biggrin.png

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were stirring the pot in a negative way. But maybe that is how they see it. It is how my family would see if I ever dared to question anything they post. Who knows. Entertaining nonetheless. biggrin.png

Lol, no worries. I totally understand where you're coming from... a part of me just laughs now. I wouldn't normally do that but I figured she started it when posting on my wall. I don't know if it will bring more people out of the woodwork or just shock them that I actually stood up for myself for the first time. They're all very self-righteously smug when telling me what to do or how to be, it's a little taste of their own medicine.

I know nothing will change... I've basically accepted that I don't have extended family, so it's ok. I went to a baseball game and drank beer with wonderful friends and sunday funday beat the pants off of any time I've ever felt good at church :)

I know it was a bit overkill in response to her message.

I thought it was a very well thought out, appropriate response that not only outlined boundaries, but called them out on their judgmental nitpicking. If you're angry all the time, it's inappropriate. If you use your anger that has built up as the result of 1000 paper cuts and do what you did, it's absolutely healthy and a correct response to how you have been treated.

• Like 2

I know it was a bit overkill in response to her message.

I thought it was a very well thought out, appropriate response that not only outlined boundaries, but called them out on their judgmental nitpicking. If you're angry all the time, it's inappropriate. If you use your anger that has built up as the result of 1000 paper cuts and do what you did, it's absolutely healthy and a correct response to how you have been treated.

Thanks Vigile... I'm not usually too worried or worked up about it. It is what it is... I think that I'm just upset that my aunt went on my facebook page in public do that... I have many non-christian friends and I also find it insulting to them. I haven't ever responded like this before and I most likely won't again. Felt good to stick up for myself once and hopefully that's the end of it...

What a bitch.

Like everyone said, you did fine. Your aunt looks like the busy-bodied shrew. Most people will see that.

I would have told her to eat my ass with whipped topping. :P

Guest wester

I have been mortified by some Facebook comments from the my conservative fundy family. I think in some ways it is good for them to publicly see how exclusivist and anti-social their views actually are.

In the old days we sat around in the living room in fundyville and they all religiously circle jerked themselves - and all the kids had to nod in approval or get taken out back for a beating.

Now on Facebook, they just look like a pack of raving lunatics when they try to prof this sh*t off on a virtual room full of labor organizers, secular humanists, athiests and lay Hindus and Buddhists, while my friends look on in wonder and horror.

• Like 2

That was a mild rant. You must be a very nice person in RL if that is what you think constitutes loosing it :)

• Like 3

Being passive-aggressive is the socially acceptable form of aggression. Being overtly aggressive, no matter what form it takes, gets you in trouble especially with those who excel in being passive-aggressive.

mwc

• Like 1

Job well done.

Fundies are not fun in any way whatsoever. She can eat a cockbiscuit with that lifeless attitude. Fick em.

I don't think that was overkill. Well done!

That was a mild rant. You must be a very nice person in RL if that is what you think constitutes loosing it smile.png

Lol... touche. I'm not very good at speaking up. I have basically sucked it up and let everyone take their knocks at me so this is my first time biting back, even a little.

So you were letting out something you should have said a long time ago? Well that was healthy. And LL was right. Your outbursts are quite nice. It reflects well upon your character. It's good to give Christians boundaries in your life. Otherwise they think they have a mandate, from the highest authority, to do whatever they like.

• Like 1

What you posted is perfectly reasonable. It's good you did it. Hang in there and don't let them beat you down.

In the light of day, I guess it wasn't much of a freakout, but it took a lot of courage from me. Thanks for your support...

ps. That's right. Y'all, better watch out! If you piss me off, I'm..... going to stomp my foot and... and... I'm not going to send you a happy birthday message! :)

• Like 4

Gawd! I wish you were in my family! We'd have a riot!!!!

• Like 2

I might have reminded dear auntie that by her response to your facebook post that SHE was breaking the Sunday rule. What is she doing on facebook after all that is something that is entertaining.

Well, at least you know where it's at.

I might have reminded dear auntie that by her response to your facebook post that SHE was breaking the Sunday rule. What is she doing on facebook after all that is something that is entertaining.

Nah, that's just fellowship. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif