J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
  • Interests:Movies
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :My Dick

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

My neighbor parked a 30+ foot RV in the grass of his front lawn. Fuck! It is a 12X33 foot Trojan Fucking Wall!! I can't see anything down the street at all. He buys this brand new RV and doesn't want to pay $150 a month to park it somewhere. Fuck!! Did I mention he is Christian

Have you found the secret I have lost?

Yes. You and the land are one.

- Excalibur: the grail scene

http://hark.com/clip...-fire-on-people

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase.

Currently it costs just short of $2,000 a year for hosting fees, and those fees are expected to make a big jump soon. (We have a lot of activity going on, and that requires a bigger database and more storage capacity). On top of that, various upgrades and bells and whistles that we enjoy come at an extra cost.

And, contributions have been falling off lately, so at present our forums are running at a deficit just keeping up with the hosting fees.

The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

#2 Llwellyn

Llwellyn

Apostate

• 746 posts
  • Location:Neither Athenian, nor Greek, but citizen of the world. ~Socrates
  • Interests:Pathei Mathos
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Are there any city or home-owners association rules that would prohibit him from doing this?  Sounds bad for the grass, and bad for your property values.

#3 ConureDelSol

ConureDelSol

Ornithomancer

• 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Computers, animals (mostly birds), gaming, technology in general, Sci-Fi (Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc.)
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Secular Humanist, Atheist

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

VANDALIZE IT.

Except don't.  I don't think they let you post on the internet in jail.

Does it prevent you from being able to see anything coming at the end of your driveway when you try to back out?  That could be some sort of fire code violation...

You could always bring it up to other neighbors and see if it bugs them too.  Then put together a letter signed by all of them.  Neighborhood associations can be deadly, deadly things.  

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." - Salvador Dali

#4 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Neighborhood associations can be deadly, deadly things.  

I don't live in an HOA area. Thats normally nice, except for this. Thank you for bringing up safety- because I can't even see my kid pedal down the street. Its horrible. Im trying my best to be civil. When you look at it-- its so wrong. Im pretty sure he is a foot over on my property- but that really doesn't fix it either. Im gathering as much info as I can so there is no argument. I figure that it is legal or it is not. 

If its legal, no point on arguing. If its not, no point on arguing. I don't think I could handle a civil discussion on the matter. My irritation would probably take over.

#5 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,142 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :FSM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I look forward to doing exactly this kind of thing to my neighbors when I buy a house in the next few weeks.  No HOA! :Sheep:

#6 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I look forward to doing exactly this kind of thing to my neighbors when I buy a house in the next few weeks.  No HOA! SheepFucker.gif

lol.. fucker

#7 mymistake

mymistake

might be the Antichrist

• 8,201 posts
  • Interests:family, support, meditation, peace of mind, moving on as forgiveness, deprograming, laughing at the Bible
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :"I enjoy mythology but I'm not religious about it"

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thank you for bringing up safety- because I can't even see my kid pedal down the street. Its horrible.

Hmmm . . . I wonder what the local police would think about that.

/\/\.  /\/\.

There's an elegant solution to most Bible problems.  The Bible is the word of ignorant men who couldn't agree with each other.

#8 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Im going to half to talk to them, and ask them to move it. Im just so irritated by it that Im worried that I will be an asshole. After all, I guard prisoners- I may do this sort of thing all the time- I just usually do it with authority. I don't want to make the situation awkward- but then again- it already is

#9 movingon

movingon

Thinker

• 137 posts
  • Interests:animals, reading, watching tv, spending time outdoors and with friends.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :unsure

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

All you can really do is talk to then, and call you're city and see what ordinances they have for this kind if thing. i'm not sure what him being Christian has to do with it, except that its probably fueling your anger, so don't let it. Its like him saying you don't like it because you're atheist (or whatever your beliefs) Give yourself time to cool off and then have a civil conversation.

#10 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

i'm not sure what him being Christian has to do with it

I was thinking its an RV for Jesus. 

#11 par4dcourse

par4dcourse

Meh....

• Atheist
  • 5,249 posts
  • Interests:Whatever catches my brain today.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Asimov and Hawking come close.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I thought this thread was about how to fuck an RV. Carry on.
"My head hurts, my feet stink, and it don't love jesus."--Jimmy Buffett"
If god wanted us to believe in him, he'd exist."--Linda Smith

#12 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Seriously though, I have a problem with nosy neighbors.  If it's MY yard, then by god I'll do what the hell I want with it.  That's why I can't stomach an HOA.

If the guy isn't doing anything illegal, then it's none of your business.

#13 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Seriously though, I have a problem with nosy neighbors.  If it's MY yard, then by god I'll do what the hell I want with it.  That's why I can't stomach an HOA.

If the guy isn't doing anything illegal, then it's none of your business.

Im actually trying to chill out about it, but maybe I'll post a picture of it.. if you see how close it comes to my house and how huge it is.. you just might that its bullshit too

Edited by J.W., 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#14 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

IMG_0197_zps0ee6ff49.jpg

#15 Marfark

Marfark

Thinker

• 118 posts
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :no

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Maybe he parked it there cause he doesn't like looking at your house.  You should move your house.

#16 J.W.

J.W.

Apostate

• 716 posts
    Adrenaline
    Endorphines

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

lol.. you know.. screw it.. I will plant bougainvilleas. He will have to trim them because if he doesn't, his shit will get fucked up

#17 Jose

Jose

If Jesus comes back, we'll kill him again.

• ☆ Silver Patron ☆
  • 1,550 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, hanging out with and banging my wife, reading, writing, making stuff out of wood, being an asshole, drinking, lions, christians, and how to get those last two together in an arena somewhere without going to jail.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Absolutely not.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

At your local hardware store, there are zip-ties made of Kevlar.

You want the ones that are 18 - 24" long.

One night, take a few of the tie-wraps, go under his rear axle, and zip-tie them to the axle.

Not to anything else, just the axle like you're giving it a bracelet. Do it on one or both sides of the vehicle. Make sure you get either just behind the tire, or as far under the RV as possible. You shouldn't be able to just see it from the ground, it should be as hidden as possible.

Then, the next time he takes the RV out, he won't park it next to your house when he returns, he'll park it at the dealership or a mechanic, because his rear axle will be, "making a really funny noise, like rat-tat-tat-tat-tat... it speeds up and slows down too. I think my differential is going!"

Of course he'll eventually find it, but man oh man, you'll have fun dancing in the light of your burning bridges.

Haters gonna hate...

#18 Rank Stranger

Rank Stranger

Mechanical Messiah

• ★ Gold Patron ★
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

At your local hardware store, there are zip-ties made of Kevlar.

You want the ones that are 18 - 24" long.

One night, take a few of the tie-wraps, go under his rear axle, and zip-tie them to the axle.

Not to anything else, just the axle like you're giving it a bracelet. Do it on one or both sides of the vehicle. Make sure you get either just behind the tire, or as far under the RV as possible. You shouldn't be able to just see it from the ground, it should be as hidden as possible.

Then, the next time he takes the RV out, he won't park it next to your house when he returns, he'll park it at the dealership or a mechanic, because his rear axle will be, "making a really funny noise, like rat-tat-tat-tat-tat... it speeds up and slows down too. I think my differential is going!"

Of course he'll eventually find it, but man oh man, you'll have fun dancing in the light of your burning bridges.

I've seen this done, and it works well. But keep in mind that a motorhome like this doesn't have an exposed axle shaft. The zip ties need to go around the drive shaft in this case.

#19 roadrunner

roadrunner

Clueless

• 750 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Psychology and Social Sciences, Sports. Still collecting data about myself.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :There's No Such Thing. Duh.....

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

When I was growing up there was a church group that did tours and had a giant bus but they paid to have a parking pad laid beside the house so the bus didn't detract from the neighborhood. Its a minor investment that everyone will appreciate. 

my phone does word prediction and i dont look at the screen so pardon any mistyped words.

“I've given up asking questions. l merely float on a tsunami of acceptance of anything life throws at me... and marvel stupidly.”  - Terry Gilliam

#20 Rek99

Rek99

Thinker

• 148 posts
  • Interests:Finance, Games, Sports, Movies, Spending Time with my Wife and Kids
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :No

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Officer, there's a HUGE RV parked next to my house.  On occasion I will see strange smoke coming from it, and weird incoherent screaming of phrases like "YEAH BITCH" and "I'm gonna add some Chili P!"

That should get the attention of the cops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users