Photo

Rabbi Bans Orthodox Jewish Men From Taking Blood Donated By Women, Non Orthodox Jews, Non Jews

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilentLoner

SilentLoner

Otaku

• Atheist
  • 6,444 posts
  • Interests:The world outside.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :No gods. Just a solitary Semi-Pagan Athiest

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

An Israeli rabbi has ruled that an Orthodox Jewish man should stay away from taking blood of a woman, and should not recieve blood of a non Orthodox Jew or a non Jew, according to a new report published in theYedioth Aharonot.

“Non Orthodox Jews eat bugs, therefore their blood is tainted. Also, as we all know, men and women need to stay segregated, therefore a Jewish man should not take blood even from a Jewish woman,” the rabbi wrote in his new book called, “With Blood You Shall Live.”

http://www.yourjewis...3/04/26658.html

I think every woman in our culture is a feminist. They may refuse to articulate it, but if you were to take any woman back 40 years and say, 'Is this a world you want to live in?' They would say, 'No.' - Helen Mirren

#2 boftx

boftx

Skeptic

• 553 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy and logic
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Agnostic

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Are you sure that rabbi isn't a former Christian who converted?

"One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh." - Lazarus Long

#3 Burnedout

Burnedout

Committee of Libertarians Chief Pain in the Ass

• 26,120 posts
  • Interests:Politics ( I HATE HIGH TAXES!!!), Just chilling, traveling. A member of the Joe Stack Memorial Fan Club. FUCK PEACE,....GIVE ME FREEDOM!!! I want ALL my meals to have the largest carbon footprint possible.
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Too heavy to think about for now

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hey....don't look on this as a bad thing, as more die by their own dogma, there will be fewer to breed and a smaller gene pool to choose from. Extinction through attrition will follow.
Pinochet did it right!

#4 Kurari

Kurari

Free Thinker

• 1,739 posts
  • Interests:science, aquariums, cooking, gardening, writing, drawing, religion
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :Love.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, that's nice Mr. Rabbi. 

BTW, have you checked with your local hospitals to ask whether or not they can verify what race, gender, and religion the source of  every bag of blood they keep in storage is? 

Didn't think so. Otherwise, you would know that THEY DON'T KNOW.

'Cause people who are DYING and need a blood transfusion typically don't nitpick such stupid things. 

So! You can either kill yourself and kill your children by refusing all blood like the JW's do because you don't know the source, or you can make up some ritual to "purify" that "tainted" blood that someone very kindly took time out of their day to volunteer to give so your selfish and elitist life can continue. 

Edited by Kurari, 20 April 2013 - 09:30 PM.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

"It is such a beautiful thought that we are the heirs of 4 billion years of evolution and we are cousins of all living things. When you put that against the measly, piddling ideas that are in Genesis, there is just no comparison." ~ Richard Dawkins

#5 seeker001

seeker001

Abby Normal

• 846 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, and spirituality
  • Still have any Gods? If so, who or what? :The Eternal Alchemy

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

I wonder if that rabbi would be as picky if he was the one who needed the procedure. So easy to tell other people what to do, and yet when your own life is on the line, circumstances are always different.

In faith I listen, in logic and reason I trust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users