Goodbye Jesus

*warning Newb*mathematics Irrelevant To God's Existence *warning Newb*

JamesG

As a scientist I see this shit all the time.   I am going to prove this or disprove this. That is the first mistake: how about collect the data and let that prove or disprove without an individual bias.

• Like 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

those are some pretty impressive paintings!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, James.  

There's one I just posted up now at that same link which was a shop hack.  Bhim, please take a look.  I was mapping dark flow in the southern hemisphere, but at the time I didn't know that astronomers were looking at it as dark flow.  I didn't know they knew about it.  I was mapping folds of red shift in this image.  There's a "fold" in the background that wraps around the Milky Way (center) and has a deeper red shift than the Milky Way.  The photo is blurry in all three shots I think, but I'm not trying to sell it, it just documents my work, and data.

• 1 month later...

I remember this thread, it was fun in an evil sort of way.

Sadly it was painfully obvious that I learned more about math over the course of that discussion than Nat did.

It degraded into him moving the goal posts and changing the definitions of the specifics into more and more vague generalities as his arguments became more unhinged and insane and he had a complete meltdown. Whatever mathematical education he had apparently stuck like a fried egg to a Teflon pan in a Ronco informercial. 

I'm glad I didn't miss out on it.

We used to get a lot more like him, but the influx of new insane religious types who come here to save us has slowed over the years.