Sign in to follow this  
SilentLoner

The 14 Year Old Who Wrote "jesus Isn't A Dick So Keep Him Out Of My Vagina" Labeled A 'whore' Online

SilentLoner    2,143

billiecaintuesdaycainjesusisntadicksokee
I came up with it last week when my friend and I were trying to think of ideas for what would get people's attention to protest the scary restrictions that are happening in my state trying to take away a woman's right to safe and accessible abortions.

It worked.

When my friend and I took turns holding the sign, one of the pictures of her went viral. Then my dad went online to defend the sign on Twitter and other online forums.

That's when people started calling me a "whore."

I'm going to be honest about what it feels like to be called that as a 14-year-old girl who has never had sex and who doesn't plan to have sex anytime soon.

I feel disappointed.

It's hard for me to understand why adults would be calling me this. It's hard for me to understand why anyone would use this term for a 14-year-old girl. It's not anyone's business, but as I said, I am a virgin, and I don't plan to have sex until I am an adult.

But none of those facts make me feel any less passionate about fighting for a woman's right to choose and the separation of church and state in my home state of Texas. I also don't think this makes me -- or any other 14-year-old girl who agrees with me -- a whore.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/billy-cain-tuesday-cain-jesus-isnt-a-dick-so-keep-him-out-of-my-vagina

Brave girl. I wouldn't have had the guts to do that at her age. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
kolaida    204

Yes, very brave.  

Unfortunate the response.  I'm sure there are some good responses, too.  But humans tend to zone in on the negative.  I'm really glad she seems to have a supportive parent! I don't blame her for feeling disappointed. 

Ro-bear    2,116

Good thing she has the support of her parents.

People say all kinds of nasty shit when they are pissed off, especially online. She shouldn't take it to heart or even be surprised.  This is exactly the reaction she should have expected.  If she didn't expect it, then she has learned something about her fellow Texans and fellow Americans.

The dad's defense of his daughter is eloquent.

Burnedout    3,594

Hell...maybe she likes to piss them off......wicked.gif

Well that's typical morontheist/rightard reaction patterns...

Trigger:                                Action triggered:

female, against jebus           "Whore!"

Note the absence of anything regarding the female's age.

That said, man they really beg for the rest of the planet to call them the morons that they are, don't they?

• Like 1

midniterider    2,976

She hasn't read the gospels well enough if she doesn't think Jesus is a dick.

• Like 4

Pantophobia    532

So glad her father is supportive, too. And yes, being smart and articulate is such whorish behavior, isn't it? 

mymistake    8,511

I'm sure the Christians who behave this way tell themselves that they are not judgmental.  If the Bible doesn't mention something (like bullying) specifically as sin then many Christians don't feel guilty doing it.  Hey, it's not a sin!

Ayup. To people whose brains work like that, no guidance or decision can possibly come from within their own minds - it must all come from the chosen führer, whether that's a living person or a book. So if you wonder whether something's bad and the book doesn't mention it, hey, everything fine!

Sometimes I so wish I could think like them, just for a little while... life would be so much easier, in a way... :banghead:

flockoff    210

If the Jesus that is known to some people had been represented in the bible, when he came to the angry mob stoning the adulteress, he'd have gotten on his facebook blog to complain about them getting arrested for it.

gall    315

Ayup. To people whose brains work like that, no guidance or decision can possibly come from within their own minds - it must all come from the chosen führer, whether that's a living person or a book. So if you wonder whether something's bad and the book doesn't mention it, hey, everything fine!

Sometimes I so wish I could think like them, just for a little while... life would be so much easier, in a way... Wendybanghead.gif

I have never met a person that was happy truly happy that had religion or views like this. I like being happy. I just don't see how ignorance is ever the easy way. There is no such thing as dumb and happy just dumb. Happiness is something else all together.

Well dunno, wherever I look I seem to see plenty evidence for the tired old saying "ignorance is bliss"... so many people who seem to be happy precisely because they are willfully dumb and clueless.

Of course I may be wrong - it's just my personal impression after all.

stryper    1,443

why is anyone surprised she got called a whore on the internet?  

It takes so little for that happen in normal circumstances. 

flockoff    210

If she's fourteen that means not only has the internet always been around to her, it's probably always been used everywhere she goes. I wonder if someone that young will always have the perspective that the internet is just another form of communication, so even if they're told things play out differently on here, it's harder not to take things personally.

As for the rest of us it's just another chance to deride xtian hypocrisy.

• Like 1

seeker001    382

Well dunno, wherever I look I seem to see plenty evidence for the tired old saying "ignorance is bliss"... so many people who seem to be happy precisely because they are willfully dumb and clueless.

Of course I may be wrong - it's just my personal impression after all.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. If you aren't aware of something going wrong you are not going to know until it is too late. One may cover their ears and close their eyes, but if trouble is going to strike it will. Know what you can handle and accept what you can't control seems like more of the healthier approach to me. Easier said than done, and I know what you mean. I can see the appeal, sometimes I think that way.

But maybe some of those people are not so oblivious. Unless you talk to someone and listen you are not going to know what is really floating through their minds. First impressions are awkward for both parties, they are not always accurate. We all have moments where we have a brain fart and say something dumb that makes us look stupid. Appearances and impressions can be deceiving.

OT:

*Salutes* Keep on the fight girl, you are proof that physical age does not matter. Way to take the high ground! 

stryper    1,443

If she's fourteen that means not only has the internet always been around to her, it's probably always been used everywhere she goes. I wonder if someone that young will always have the perspective that the internet is just another form of communication, so even if they're told things play out differently on here, it's harder not to take things personally.

As for the rest of us it's just another chance to deride xtian hypocrisy.

Exactly my point. 

I would think she would be savvy enough with the internet to understand how it works.  

However, you make an excellent point.  I took things far more personally at 13-14 than I do now.  

midniterider    2,976

Jesus isn't Adam or Steve so keep him outta my butt! (Terribly sorry. I'll take my medication now)

duderonomy    2,153

I'm only going by the picture, and not the stuff written about it in the OP.  I assume that the people that called her a whore weren't privy to that.

Her sign seems to imply that a dick can be in her vagina. I wouldn't call her a whore for that at all.

I hope her wimpy looking  dad explains to her how life really works. I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though. He takes to Twitter to defend her?  How noble.

SilentLoner    2,143

I hope her wimpy looking  dad explains to her how life really works. I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though. He takes to Twitter to defend her?  How noble.

How else do you reply to online harassers other than online? Do enlighten. 

• Like 1

Ramen666    748

Is anyone surprised though? This is the typical right wing response to anything. I know we may share our differences on opinion on the issue Silent, but this is why I hate sharing a similar view with the right wing. They are mean spirited jerks who can't  get their act together and play dirty.