Goodbye Jesus

Satan's One Aim Is To Stop You Trusting God...

DavidL

Excuse me, but I need to see proper evidence that this man claiming knowledge of God is an authorized TRUE representative of the Christian faith. I say he is a charlatan.

• Super Moderator

Again, I ask: Are ya warshed?  Are ya warshed in thuh blood?

No, but I showered with some stinky body wash from wallyworld. Does that count?

Ya cain't be saved lest yer warshed in thuh blood o'thuh lam'.  That thar bowdy warsh ain't gon' save ya!

Then Satan is a heckuva lot more powerful than God because he made me doubt as I cried out to God to help me believe again. How come he doesn't attack all the other Christians like that and make them doubt? Why did he choose me and all of us on Ex-C and not other Christians?

And why didn't God help us when we still wanted to believe?

If anything, Satan was the one who brought knowledge and thinking into the world. God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge. He wanted them as innocent as children. And Satan continues to "tempt" people into the path of reason and common sense while God wants no one to "lean on [their] own understanding"...so the question becomes, who really is the bad guy here?

• Like 1

This song explains Genesis perfectly... Enjoy.

"I am God, I kill people just for pleasure!"

• Like 1

God is all knowing and he created satan--- he knew that all along satan would lead a number of people to hell--- so ultimately, this is all gods plan. That makes him a sick bastard. Why doesn't god just destroy satan?

• Like 1

Why doesn't god just destroy satan?

It's because Satan and Yahweh are both good friends. :) The Heaven & Hell stuff is just a game of Chess they are playing. We humans are nothing more than pawns to push around the board. During the game, they can be real dicks to each other and their minions, but when they're not playing, they're drinking beers and roasting sinners over the fire together. jesus.gif

• Like 3

I refuse to be a fucking pawn in anyone's game. (No offense Pawn!!)That is one reason that I am an atheist. I would never worship a god who plays games with his creation.

• Like 3

Are ya warshed?  Are ya warshed in thuh blood?

etail-3774-lr_011.jpg

• Like 2

Why doesn't god just destroy satan?

It's because Satan and Yahweh are both good friends. smile.png The Heaven & Hell stuff is just a game of Chess they are playing. We humans are nothing more than pawns to push around the board. During the game, they can be real dicks to each other and their minions, but when they're not playing, they're drinking beers and roasting sinners over the fire together. jesus.gif

And making bets regarding how many dead children it will take before a man of God rejects God.  (Book of Job)

• Like 1

How did the magical talking snake work his deception on Eve and get her to eat a piece of forbidden fruit?  Simple, there was no way that she could not have been deceived.  She had no knowledge of good and evil, that knowledge was contained in the fruit of the magical tree that god told her not to eat.  All she knew is that she had been told not to, she could not possibly have understood the reason why.

Now our friend the snake shows up.  He says "try the fruit, you'll like it."  She says, "um, the other guy said not to."  Snake, "really its ok, go for it."  At this point, all she knows is that she's been told 2 completely different things.  She has no way of knowing which is right or wrong, she has no way to know that god's command is good, while the snake's is evil.  She just knows that the snake's information came to her more recently.  Maybe something changed.  Maybe now god wants her to eat the fruit and sent the snake to tell her.  She only knows that something must have happened, because she would not understand the concept of a lie, so the possibility of the snake lying would not even occur to her.  So not knowing who or what is good or evil, she goes on the new information that she was given and takes the snake's advice.  And this results in the entirety of creation being corrupted with sin. 

Talk about being set up for failure. 

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

You have to ask yourself this question: Is god's justice tempered with mercy?  Most christians say it is.  However, the snake conned Eve into eating the fruit, right?  So then we have to ask: Was it an honest con?  Eve was certainly naïve in the ways of good and evil, as the serpent pointed out, so it would seem like she really did fall under the spell.  So then, why did god, whose justice is tempered with mercy, punish Eve to the fullest extent of the law (so to speak)?  Submission to her husband, pain in childbirth, death... these don't really sound like a sentence meted out by a mercifully just god.

god must not have thought Eve got honestly conned by the serpent.  He must have realized that there was something in Eve that wanted to eat the fruit.  So let's ask this question:  What was Eve's motivation for eating the fruit?  The serpent told her she would be like god.  Being like god must have appealed to her.  She presumed to reach above her station.  But isn't that PRIDE?  And isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?

Wait, I thought sin entered the human heart after Eve ate the fruit.  So how could she have been motivated by sin, if sin hadn't entered her heart yet?  And how could the sinful motivation of pride already exist in Eve if she was created in the image of a holy god?  Is god proud?  Sinfully Proud?

Bollocks...

• Like 6

Where did our blud warshed xian go? Did you heathens scare another one away?

• Like 2

You have to ask yourself this question: Is god's justice tempered with mercy?  Most christians say it is.  However, the snake conned Eve into eating the fruit, right?  So then we have to ask: Was it an honest con?  Eve was certainly naïve in the ways of good and evil, as the serpent pointed out, so it would seem like she really did fall under the spell.  So then, why did god, whose justice is tempered with mercy, punish Eve to the fullest extent of the law (so to speak)?  Submission to her husband, pain in childbirth, death... these don't really sound like a sentence meted out by a mercifully just god.

god must not have thought Eve got honestly conned by the serpent.  He must have realized that there was something in Eve that wanted to eat the fruit.  So let's ask this question:  What was Eve's motivation for eating the fruit?  The serpent told her she would be like god.  Being like god must have appealed to her.  She presumed to reach above her station.  But isn't that PRIDE?  And isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?

Wait, I thought sin entered the human heart after Eve ate the fruit.  So how could she have been motivated by sin, if sin hadn't entered her heart yet?  And how could the sinful motivation of pride already exist in Eve if she was created in the image of a holy god?  Is god proud?  Sinfully Proud?

Bollocks...

"The serpent told her she would be like god.  Being like god must have appealed to her."

So, all mankind got punished because Eve wanted to be like god, but now millions of Christians try hard everyday to be like him. That's Irony.

• Like 3

I thought Satan's one aim was to make us fat and out of shape. 

• Like 1

I thought Satan's one aim was to make us fat and out of shape. 

Too bad for him there was no cheesecake of the knowledge of good and evil.

• Like 2

Actually, the serpent was the only one telling the truth.  Adam and Eve were expected to choose between good and evil but god hadn't bothered to explain the difference, which is why the serpent said, "You shall be like god, knowing the difference between good and evil."  God had told them that they would die in the same day as they ate the fruit, but since Adam lived to be over 900 years old, god was clearly lying.  Furthermore, as BAA has already pointed out, Eve told the serpent that god had said they may not eat the fruit, nor even touch it, lest they surely die.  This means that either Adam had lied to her about what god said, or she lied to the serpent. 

It's all about lies and betrayal and only the serpent was being honest.

Thanks for playing, Brother Dave.  You can pick up your consolation prize at the door.

Prof,

You raise some excellent points and here's few more to consider.

As has already been pointed out, God warned only Adam about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  Therefore, since God is all-knowing, He must have wanted Adam to be the one to convey that warning to Eve.  This couldn't have been an oversight on God's part - He's perfect and unable to make mistakes. 

Therefore, no other interpretation is possible.

God intended Adam to warn Eve not to eat of the fruit of the tree.  Now, seeing as the future lives of billions of their descendants depended on their actions, you'd think God would have told Eve Himself, rather than entrusting His words to Adam.  I dunno... it looks as if God just didn't care. That or He was carrying out some kind of covert plan.

Entrapment, maybe?

Now let's look at the exact wording of God's warning.

Genesis 2 : 16 & 17, NIV.

"16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

God warns Adam about the tree before the man was able to understand the full and proper meaning of the warning.  Surely God had perfect foreknowledge of Adam's inability to understand what Good and Evil were?  Surely God foreknew that Adam's capacity for understanding these things was tied to the act of eating the fruit?  So what's God playing at? 

Entrapment?

And if Adam could have understood God's warning, when God gave it to him -  then the tree becomes redundant.  Any way you look at it - it's a no-win situation for poor Adam.  He needs to eat the fruit of the tree to understand God's warning not to eat it.

What is this?

Catch 22 and entrapment?

Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 1

WarriorPoet, excellent point about the conflicting messages. Without the ability to tell good from evil, Eve was simply not in a position to determine whether Biblegod or the Talking Snake™ had the correct message, or indeed if either one had it right.

Many, many years removed from the origins of the myth, with science curing disease while over-zealous believers pray for healing and let their kids die, I'm voting for the Talking Snake™ and its gift of knowledge.

• Like 2

I refuse to be a fucking pawn in anyone's game.

Preach it sister!!!!!!! woohoo.gif  Good to hear ya curse a little!!!! jesus.gif

Click to make bigger.....

one-lie-about-an-affair-has-gotten-out-of-hand1.jpg

And we are supposed to be impressed by your quoting a book full of nonsense... why exactly?

Do you have any evidence for the existence of the pagan "deities"?

Read your history first before you come to us with this nonsense that is written from an ancient book by tribal people .....

Satanism is not a Christian invention....it predates Christianity and goes back to the first 'religion' to explain the evil in the world.

satan existed before God's revelation.

Welcome to Ex-Christian.net!

I can see you have questions about your religion. Well, here at Ex-Christian.net we are here to assist you with those nagging questions that you're probably afraid to address. Questions like: Why does God never appear in person to me? Why does his voice in my head sound exactly like my voice in my head? Why do I still feel empty, even though I am supposedly filled with Jesus?

The first step is admitting you have a problem and that you are powerless over God. haha. Or rather you are powerless over the obsessive religious thinking that has been ingrained in your head, possibly from birth. So what I'd like you to do as  your first lesson is just to allow those questions in your head that would never allow before. I'm sure there are many. Questions like "Why would God put a dangerous tree right there so his peeps would eat it's dangerous fruit? Is he an idiot, or just an asshole? Or is this bible more likely just a book of myths? Or something else?" Go ahead and think about that question and don't be afraid to entertain ideas that God may not be the nice guy you've been programmed to believe. And if you fear God's wrath about having those thoughts, why would you worship such a wrathful prick? A righteous God would not limit thought, would he? Alright, our session is up.

Have a nice day.

Presenting us with two possibilities-

1. God created satan. That would be truly despicable. This clearly casts God as being immoral.

satan is a created being. he chose to be evil through his own free will choices. God does not create evil. evil results from the actions of free willed beings.

And we are supposed to be impressed by your quoting a book full of nonsense... why exactly?

Thuriasz,

You are under no obligation to answer Clay's question.  Hand him back the **** he gives to us!

"But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ."  - The Apostle Paul  

(2 Corinthians 11:3) 

Looking back to Genesis 3 it's very interesting to see how the devil worked his deception on Eve...

exactly how he still works today...!!

1. "Did God really say.."  - First he questions what God had said, causing Eve to doubt God's Word.. 

So today the Scriptures are challenged, and we are made to doubt their authenticity and reliability..

2.  "You surely will not die!"  - The blatant Lie that actually, on the face of it, seemed believable...

Again we find today that the truth of Scripture is out-rightly contradicted, in intellectual and philosophical terms that almost seem believable..

3. "For God knows..."  - The suggestion is made that God's motives are not pure..

Today also God is slandered and His motives made to look corrupt...

4. "...the tree was desirable to make one wise."  - In buying Satan's lie, the impression given was that this was a wise choice..

And so the same temptation is made to those who follow Jesus, to come out from the state of simple child-like dependence and trust in God (subjection to authority), and become your own god...(do what you want - think for yourself)..

Adam and Eve didn't have the power of Christ's resurrection to save them from the deception, so why do they get punished and subsequently every person who ever lives after them? But now we are expected to be able to protect ourselves through the power of the cross and our devotion to Christ. Looks like we are doing all the work, and not Christ. Seems that the cards were stacked against us from the beginning!

We are saved through our decision to accept Christ, not through any work we do. It's free.

Hell yes, he has lots of evidence! Like the bible of Christianity there are many books about pagan deities! There are many books written about Odin, Thor and Loki! The written word is evidence, is it not?