Goodbye Jesus

Satan's One Aim Is To Stop You Trusting God...

DavidL

mmmmmm..... babies

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator

Babies taste a bit too much like fish for me; I prefer virgins.

• Like 4

Babies taste a bit too much like fish for me; I prefer virgins.

But babies are easier to stuff! ;)

Jewish perspective on Satan and evil.

This is an excellent article by rabbi Tovia Singer, the bane of evangelicals.

Who is Satan?

http://www.outreachjudaism.org/articles/who-is-satan.html

Yeah but according to OC "Furthermore God's revelation has been cumulative. The truth of God's plan is revealed in stages." and the Jewish rabbis did not receive the Koran, Book of Mormon or Scientology stages.  They are only working with God's Word 1.0  

• Super Moderator

Jewish perspective on Satan and evil.

This is an excellent article by rabbi Tovia Singer, the bane of evangelicals.

Who is Satan?

http://www.outreachjudaism.org/articles/who-is-satan.html

Yeah but according to OC "Furthermore God's revelation has been cumulative. The truth of God's plan is revealed in stages." and the Jewish rabbis did not receive the Koran, Book of Mormon or Scientology stages.  They are only working with God's Word 1.0  

Clay believes this because it supports the "Vague Can be Convenient" doctrine to which he subscribes.

Satan has deceived you David to believe in a false religion called Christianity. Repent now! Or God will punish you for eternity.

Furthermore God's revelation has been cumulative. The truth of God's plan is revealed in stages. There is nothing contradictory in this. There is nothing contradictory in having the Old Testament reveal certain aspects of God's truth and the New Testament continuing the revelation.

Exodus 20:12 (Old Testament)

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Luke 14:26 (New Testament)

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
  • Like 1

Then Satan is a heckuva lot more powerful than God because he made me doubt as I cried out to God to help me believe again. How come he doesn't attack all the other Christians like that and make them doubt? Why did he choose me and all of us on Ex-C and not other Christians?

And why didn't God help us when we still wanted to believe?

If anything, Satan was the one who brought knowledge and thinking into the world. God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge. He wanted them as innocent as children. And Satan continues to "tempt" people into the path of reason and common sense while God wants no one to "lean on [their] own understanding"...so the question becomes, who really is the bad guy here?

Surely true faith is always tested...!? Job was stripped clean of all earthly possessions, his family, his health...while his closest friends sat by accusing him - rather than comforting him...Jesus said to peter, "Satan wants to sift you like wheat...but I pray that your faith will not fail you."  Don't give up - the Bible is true, and God is truly a God of great compassion...only Satan is a liar and deceiver....God will never let anyone down who puts their complete trust in Him - even when it seems He is not there...He is, with great tenderness, listening to your heart..He is the Lover, wanting for you to keep holding onto Him against all odds.

This song explains Genesis perfectly... Enjoy.

"I am God, I kill people just for pleasure!"

Huh - your grammar is terrible..."I am god - I kill people just for pleasure."

Surely true faith is always tested...!? Job was stripped clean of all earthly possessions, his family, his health...while his closest friends sat by accusing him - rather than comforting him...Jesus said to peter, "Satan wants to sift you like wheat...but I pray that your faith will not fail you."  Don't give up - the Bible is true, and God is truly a God of great compassion...only Satan is a liar and deceiver....God will never let anyone down who puts their complete trust in Him - even when it seems He is not there...He is, with great tenderness, listening to your heart..He is the Lover, wanting for you to keep holding onto Him against all odds.

Why not test the Bible?  Why not test God?  Both fail.

So DavidL, you are basing your statements off of the assumption that the Bible is true. I am curious, how do you know it is in fact true? In fact, how do you generally separate truth from falsehood?

It's a good question.......when I was searching, I had a million unanswered questions, that really boiled down to God-evolution-and the Bible...but it was through Bible prophecy (the statue dream of Daniel) that I had what I guess you'd call a 'revelation' - inside me it was like suddenly a glove with a million different shaped fingers fitted perfectly in an instant all my millions of probing questions...I did not become a Christian then - I was too lost in my world of sin, but I knew the Bible was true...

Years later when I came out of drugs etc, I had realization that everything I understood about God had just been told to me by other people (who probably in turn had just had it told to them)...it left me with desire to read the words of Jesus for myself (sort of get it straight from the horses mouth) well, I guess you could say that in the words of Jesus I found the voice of truth that my heart loved..it's been a long journey...and I've been deceived at times, but it all seems to come down to listening with my heart...and not my head...  

Then Satan is a heckuva lot more powerful than God because he made me doubt as I cried out to God to help me believe again. How come he doesn't attack all the other Christians like that and make them doubt? Why did he choose me and all of us on Ex-C and not other Christians?

If anything, Satan was the one who brought knowledge and thinking into the world. God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge. He wanted them as innocent as children. And Satan continues to "tempt" people into the path of reason and common sense while God wants no one to "lean on [their] own understanding"...so the question becomes, who really is the bad guy here?

Only people need to test people. God, on the other hand is supposed to be omniscient. I suppose Job was just supposed to 'get over' having his first family destroyed. Strange kinda love this God gives. An evil kind of love. "Hey Satan, get a load of how brainwashed my disciple Job is....I will allow you to wreck his life for a bet." How do we determine who the loving one here is?

Can you imagine going to your adult child's home for a visit, killing his whole family and injecting him with say, a nasty yet treatable disease and maybe burning his house down and planting drugs in his locker at work so he gets fired. And then telling him you did it all just to test his love for you. Why should he love you after that? Why should Job love God? The story is ridiculous.

• Like 2

So DavidL, you are basing your statements off of the assumption that the Bible is true. I am curious, how do you know it is in fact true? In fact, how do you generally separate truth from falsehood?

It's a good question.......when I was searching, I had a million unanswered questions, that really boiled down to God-evolution-and the Bible...but it was through Bible prophecy (the statue dream of Daniel) that I had what I guess you'd call a 'revelation' - inside me it was like suddenly a glove with a million different shaped fingers fitted perfectly in an instant all my millions of probing questions...I did not become a Christian then - I was too lost in my world of sin, but I knew the Bible was true...

Years later when I came out of drugs etc, I had realization that everything I understood about God had just been told to me by other people (who probably in turn had just had it told to them)...it left me with desire to read the words of Jesus for myself (sort of get it straight from the horses mouth) well, I guess you could say that in the words of Jesus I found the voice of truth that my heart loved..it's been a long journey...and I've been deceived at times, but it all seems to come down to listening with my heart...and not my head...  

It sounds as though your beliefs about God played a role in your coming out of drugs.  I'm glad that you were able to get onto a better path of life.

• Super Moderator

What about the faith of Job's kids?  Oh, yeah, they didn't live long enough to have it tested.

"god will never let anyone down who puts their complete trust in him"?  How dare you make such a bold statement here, sir!  You have no idea how complete my trust in god was; you have no idea what I went through on god's behalf.  Yet HE LET ME DOWN.  You need to spend more time in the testimonies section before making such a cavalier remark.

As to the rest of this drivel, it is pure, unadulterated, untestable, unprovable horse shit.

• Like 3

Religious beliefs usually involve denying logic, reason and critical thinking in favor of emotional experience. But if God gave you a head as well as a heart shouldn't you use them both?

So isn't getting the words of Jesus from the bible pretty much the same as learning from other people? Other people wrote the bible, after all. The bible is still just second hand information. Why not get learning directly from Jesus himself? He's supposed to still be around, right? Going to church, listening to a pastor or congregation members and reading the bible is all second hand information.

For getting your beliefs right from the horse's mouth, you sound pretty much like every other bible thumper. :-) As long as you follow the bible, go to church, listen to pastors you'll be just like every other Christian. How are your beliefs somehow different or better?

• Like 1

Job is allegory. It's fiction. Every Hebrew an Christian scholar acknowledges that there was no such person.

Just like god and satan.

"If Satan's one aim is to stop people trusting god, it's fun how Christians are pretty good at doing that too."

If you believe the bible, god himself has done a very good job of stopping people from believing in him. Here is the bible god, who  is omnipotent, all knowing, Omnipresent, all good, and who after thousands of years has failed to convince a majority of his own creatures to believe in him. Indeed, two-thirds of the people in the world do not believe in the bible god of the Xtians. By any reasonable standard, that is a failing grade.  bill

I had what I guess you'd call a 'revelation'

So your belief is a purely subjective one, based on your own interpretation of a subjective experience.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

success.jpg

I'm glad you are not doing drugs anymore.  If Jesus is the crutch you need to keep your life together then bless you.

This song explains Genesis perfectly... Enjoy.

"I am God, I kill people just for pleasure!"

Huh - your grammar is terrible..."I am god - I kill people just for pleasure."

Who the fuck cares about grammar in this post? It's just musical lyrics I quoted. The song describes how careless and outright malicious the God character is in the bible.

Full lyrics: (I am god, by Unleashed)

I am Jesus Christ

Hear my holy lies

I fool the poor & weak

To the light they seek

I sell the blessings for

50 dollars more

I am god

I kill people just for pleasure

I love to see them cry

And watch them slowly die

I lead every war

Trust in me for a better score

I don't care at all

If they stand or fall

I am God

I plot a way for the destruction

Of the earth

To plague, starvation and diseases

I gave birth

I let them all die, cause my will

Is the law

The bullets of war are all mine

Yeah, I am God

I am Jesus Christ

Can't tou see the light?

I preach the holy way

Join or be my prey

I am god

Bible verses that support this song, that God is under control of and supports ALL happenings on earth, including all evil, such as murder, pestilence, torture, etc.

Psalm 115:3

Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

Ephesians 1:11

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.

Lamentations 3:37

Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?

Romans 9:19

You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”

Romans 9:18

So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

Proverbs 16:4

The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

Isaiah 45:7

I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Psalm 135:6

Whatever the Lord pleases, he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps.

I could go on and on...but the points stands.  The God of the Bible allows and WILLS violence, sickness, plagues, poverty, famine, torture, war, and all sorts of evil and horror...  Just as the song says.

• Like 3

...I was too lost in my world of sin, but I knew the Bible was true...

I think you're tragically wrong on both counts, but let's start with your assertion that the Bible is true.  Kindly ship to Me by express courier one (1) real live Talking Snake™ at your earliest convenience.  After that, we'll progress to some empirical tests of your various True Christian™ abilities, such as catapulting mountains into the sea and healing the sick.  (We'll start with Stage 4 pancreatic, lung, liver and breast cancer, regeneration of spinal function, and restoration of amputees' limbs.)

• Like 1