Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

Wow, today is 4 years already since I joined this website & I'm glad I did. I learned much from the people around here. The lions helped me to be less sensitive (Par was instrumental in that & he probably doesn't even know smile.png ) & you guys don't know how utterly grateful I am. Though I come on here & preach at times many of you have been pretty tolerant & I grew to sort of like your teasing me. I do wish you all the best, you've made me think & you've made me laugh a lot. Thanks lions! biggrin.png

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator

I was just wondering today where you had gone. Glad all is well.

I just want to clarify one thing, Thumbelina. We are not God's critics. We are critics of people who claim to have an intimate knowledge of and deep relationship with the bible god , who is a myth. That is a very common mistake made by Xtians.  bill

• Like 8

I'm not actually a critic of any god, just people who claim that the Judeo-Christian god is actually the creator of everything. These very same people will also claim that he is capable of selfless love, though I'm certainly not convinced.

Welcome back to ex-C anyway, Thumbelina. Lately, a lot of people here have gotten tired of the newest batch of Christians and missed having the older batch here.

Welcome back, Thumb. I too was wondering where you'd gone. Chill... , F

Hey Thumby! Glad to see you!

The lions helped you be less sensitive, Thumb?

Well, that's a shame.  sad.png

What a shame you haven't been MORE sensitive, when it comes to others.

Your lack of sensitivity to other members was the main reason you were confined to the Den. 

To prevent you from hurting others with your LACK of sensitivity.

And now you're back.

So I suppose we can expect the same bulldozing, "I'm-right-and-you're-wrong", "I'm-spiritual-you-aren't" style of never-ending soapbox preaching from you?

Or have you changed during your long absence...?

I wonder.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Wow, today is 4 years already since I joined this website & I'm glad I did. I learned much from the people around here. The lions helped me to be less sensitive (Par was instrumental in that & he probably doesn't even know smile.png ) & you guys don't know how utterly grateful I am. Though I come on here & preach at times many of you have been pretty tolerant & I grew to sort of like your teasing me. I do wish you all the best, you've made me think & you've made me laugh a lot. Thanks lions! biggrin.png

This sounds a bit shallow and insincere to me, though I don't know much about you.  

• Super Moderator

Oh great. WendyDoh.gif

Try PM'ing me, Prof.

I can link you to stuff Thumby should be ashamed of... but isn't. 

(Unless she's changed for the better, that is.)

Thanks,

BAA

This sounds a bit shallow and insincere to me, though I don't know much about you.  

Shallow and insincere? Yup, that sounds just her.

• Like 1

Hi Thumbelina, 4 years on and off with the "unequally yoked"  and you havent deconvered yet?  I am suprised by this.

I'm glad we helped you be less sensitive.  That should come in handy while you are in heaven and we are being destroyed in flames.  I wouldn't want our pain to get in the way of your joy.

Good on you for rejecting the theology of eternal hell.  3.gif

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Don't pick on our resident mud wrestler. She means well and is a real tiger in the ring!

Florduh said: I was just wondering today where you had gone. Glad all is well.

Thank you, Pops. I think about you from time to time as well smile.png

william7davis said: I just want to clarify one thing, Thumbelina. We are not God's critics. We are critics of people who claim to have an intimate knowledge of and deep relationship with the bible god , who is a myth. That is a very common mistake made by Xtians. bill

Saying God doesn't exist is worse than criticizing Him. In essence, I'm

mitigating the offense wink.png

crazyguy123 said: I'm not actually a critic of any god, just people who claim that the Judeo-Christian god is actually the creator of everything. These very same people will also claim that he is capable of selfless love, though I'm certainly not convinced.

Welcome back to ex-C anyway, Thumbelina. Lately, a lot of people here have gotten tired of the newest batch of Christians and missed having the older batch here.

Thank you. I'm not back back but I must come by occasionally to say hello.

ficino said: Welcome back, Thumb. I too was wondering where you'd gone. Chill... , F

biggrin.png Hello Mr. Civilized Lion. I did remember our previous discussion from that

time I was here. I'm no scholar & the Spirit of truth taught/teaches me what theWord says. I do pray that you can have discernment about the Word one day & you can se that you are loved.

par4dcourse said: Hey Thumby! Glad to see you!

Likewise Par! smile.png

TheRedneckProfessor said: This sounds a bit shallow and insincere to me, though I don't know much about you.

Liked your caveat at the end. Nah, I'm being sincere.

Adam5: Hi Thumbelina, 4 years on and off with the "unequally yoked" and you havent deconvered yet? I am suprised by this.

I'm grateful to the folk around here as they helped buttress my faith. I also

got to see how hurt, nice & funny some unbelievers can be.

The lions helped you be less sensitive, Thumb?

Well, that's a shame.  sad.png

What a shame you haven't been MORE sensitive, when it comes to others.

Your lack of sensitivity to other members was the main reason you were confined to the Den. 

To prevent you from hurting others with your LACK of sensitivity.

And now you're back.

So I suppose we can expect the same bulldozing, "I'm-right-and-you're-wrong", "I'm-spiritual-you-aren't" style of never-ending soapbox preaching from you?

Or have you changed during your long absence...?

I wonder.

Do you remember this?:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/52956-pre-fall-of-satan-pre-creation-and-post-creation-evil-show-that-the-bible-god-is-self-refuting-comments-criticism-please/?p=832237

smile.png You gave me one of the best compliments I ever got in my life & you made me laugh again (You have done that before; I like when people make me laugh). You said that I always hide behind the bible & that means I'm starting to follow Jesus' footsteps. Please reread the above post; I mean you no harm.

Oh great. WendyDoh.gif

Why is your post so utterly short? So what's new around here? Why are there so many locked threads?

Shallow and insincere? Yup, that sounds just her.

Your devil kitty still makes me smile; it's cute with those full eyes.

I'm glad we helped you be less sensitive.  That should come in handy while you are in heaven and we are being destroyed in flames.  I wouldn't want our pain to get in the way of your joy.

Good on you for rejecting the theology of eternal hell.  3.gif

I'm NOT about to start any fights with you but FYI, by less sensitive I meant that I can be thin-

skinned. I'm able to laugh at myself at times now, & I think romping in the den with

you guys helped me to do so smile.png

• Super Moderator

How very noble of you to fulfill the role of god as judge.

*chuckle* Um, no I'm not. Read James 1:20 & let me know what you think about that? Would you prefer me to follow the steps of those Westboro folks and take God's job as judge, jury & executioner? I don't

see the big picture (no human does) so I use God's Word as a guide. In my time here I saw/see a lot of misunderstanding of God that created stress, anxiety & depression & unbelief to the people on here. The people here have a place in my heart.

"Saying God doesn't exist is worse than criticizing Him. In essence, I'm
mitigating the offense" wink.png Thumbelina

Is your god an egomaniac? If I don't believe in him after 45+years of good faith effort and if he is a good, forgiving god as you say, 

why doe he not make himself known to me? After all, most of my life I have tried to make myself known to him. How about some reciprocity?  bill

• Like 2

Is your god an egomaniac? If I don't believe in him after 45+years of good faith effort and if he is a good, forgiving god as you say, 

why doe he not make himself known to me? After all, most of my life I have tried to make myself known to him. How about some reciprocity?  bill

No He is not. Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if

that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a

wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that.

• Super Moderator

*chuckle* Um, no I'm not. Read James 1:20 & let me know what you think about that? Would you prefer me to follow the steps of those Westboro folks and take God's job as judge, jury & executioner? I don't

see the big picture (no human does) so I use God's Word as a guide. In my time here I saw/see a lot of misunderstanding of God that created stress, anxiety & depression & unbelief to the people on here. The people here have a place in my heart.

Although anger and judgment do often work in tandem, anger isn't a necessary component of judgment.  By mitigating the offense, you are acting in the role of a judge.  God supposedly is the just judge, which is why he told you specifically, "Judge not lest ye be judged." 

god's supposed word does not show the big picture.  Assuming it is even in the big picture at all, it would only be a small part of it, alongside the Koran, the Torah, the Vedas, and the Book of Mormon.  The big picture includes people of all races, creeds, nationalities, and sexual orientations.  god is not willing that any should perish, remember?

Further, in my experience, the only people capable of loving god are the people who misunderstand him.  Perhaps your perception of stress, anxiety, depression and unbelief stems from your misunderstanding of those of us who have finally seen your god for the tyrannical, lying despot that he is.

Lastly, even if there is still room enough in your heart, please do not make a place for me there.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

No He is not. Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if

that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a

wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that.

I call bullshit.  I was taught that god was a loving and kind father.  I was taught that god so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son that whoever believed in him would not perish but have eternal life.  I was taught that god was merciful, patient, long-suffering, never envious, never jealous, always leaving the ninety-nine to go after the one. 

I heard, and I heard by the word of god.  I had more faith in my pinkie toe than most christians have in their entire body.

But like bill, when I needed god in my darkest hour of despair, he was not there.  That is when I finally learned the true nature of your god.  he wants the praise and adoration, but he doesn't want to put forth the effort to earn it.  If your god was all he's cracked up to be, this website would not exist.

Again, despite the people here having a place in your heart or whatever, you still don't understand a single one of them like you think you do.

• Like 5