Goodbye Jesus

There Is No Justice In The Christian Concept Of Heaven And Hell

Overcame Faith

well what is even MORE absurd is all the tricks, traps, and eggshells one has to impossibly do to avoid going to hell. dont do this dont do that, do this do that, cant enjoy this cant enjoy that cant love this, cant fuck that. the only way to get into heaven it seems is to stand in one spot, clothed up to the hilt, earplugs in(or maybe not that's prolly some fucking sin too) saying praise "god" forever.

Tha actually sounds like a pretty accurate description of what heaven will be like too. But you will like it.

When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

"When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

Not me.

That is a very narrow view of heaven and of what true praise is about.

What's your view of heaven and true praise and what is your view based on?

well what is even MORE absurd is all the tricks, traps, and eggshells one has to impossibly do to avoid going to hell. dont do this dont do that, do this do that, cant enjoy this cant enjoy that cant love this, cant fuck that. the only way to get into heaven it seems is to stand in one spot, clothed up to the hilt, earplugs in(or maybe not that's prolly some fucking sin too) saying praise "god" forever.

Tha actually sounds like a pretty accurate description of what heaven will be like too. But you will like it.

When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

"When I was a child I was told heaven would be eternally praising god. I thought "hmmm that sounds like eternal church. Who in their right mind wants that?"

Not me.

Check this book out:

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Randy-Alcorn/dp/0842379428

Not me.

Check this book out:

Please explain what your view is based on.  I am not going to buy a xian book when it would take you about 60 seconds to answer my question.  If you're going to criticise other's comments by saying they are narrow, then spend a moment telling us what your view is based on.

• Like 1

HA! I have that book so I don't need to buy it. If anyone is interested in it I will ship it to you, I sorely need to clear out my Christian book collection!

I loved that book when I first read it, who wouldn't?? God loves us so much that heaven (new earth) will be just like this earth without all the bad stuff. But after thinking critically about what I had read (still as a strong Christian mind you) I came to the conclusion that Mr. Alcorn was just talking out his ass.

To save you all some time...will there be pets in heaven? Of course! God loves us so much that he will recreate our pets just to see a smile on our face. Will we eat in heaven? Of course! Eating is enjoyable so why would god take that away? What would the marriage supper of the lamb be like without eating duh! Will there be books and art and movies and music in heaven? Of course! God created us to be creative so that won't just go away!! And any of these things that were created here on earth that glorify him will be recreated on new earth. Wow! What book of the bible did he get that from?? He describes what the city on new earth will look like, and the nations surrounding it.

To him heaven is an endless adventure doing whatever you want to do with your buddy Jesus as a traveling companion. It's pretty much a really long book about what someone hopes heaven will be like, and he uses scriptures out of context to try to find some support for what he's saying. Even if that piece of scripture IS talking about heaven he expounds upon it to the extreme and comes to conclusions that aren't there. And if there's a common question about heaven that he can't find any verse for (like about the pets) he solves this by saying if it's a good thing on earth it will be a good thing in heaven. Except sex of course.

So it doesn't take long for the book to get redundant. The chapter format is a Q&A and his reason for everything is that god is love and god is good, he loves us so will give us ALL TEH GOOD THINGZ!

Sorry iron horse I know you wanted to keep everyone in suspense on what's in the book and what your beliefs are on this topic. Maybe even pique someone's curiosity, inspiring them to buy the book and convert to Christianity because they find baseless claims about heaven sooo very compelling. It's very disappointing that whenever you are asked about your beliefs you have to link to a book, video, or bible verse.

Do you have an original thought floating anywhere in your brain? What is the point of coming onto our discussion boards when you aren't even interested in discussing? At the very least you could say, hey there's a book that really inspired me and helped me to view heaven in a non traditional light, here's what it's about *insert explanation here*, here's what I think about the authors views *insert thoughts here* and if you want to check it out or get it from the library here's a link! That would be a friendly, humble, informative, answer. Linking to a book doesn't do anyone any good! No one is going to know your views on heaven and praise from such a pompous response. And yes, linking instead of answering the question IS pompous. You want to make people do all the work to find out more about you and where you're coming from. I don't understand why you even waste your time here unless you get a good kick out of aggravating people.

• Like 2

Christians talking about heaven is like Star Trek fans talking about how to use anti-mater and crystals to create a warp field.  Except at the end of the day the Star Trek fans know their orthodox belief is fiction.

• Like 1

And Scotty beamed them up to where there would be no tribble at all...

All power to the engines...

PS:  Not even the Klingon Empire was as barbaric as ancient Israel.

Not me.

Check this book out:

Please explain what your view is based on. I am not going to buy a xian book when it would take you about 60 seconds to answer my question. If you're going to criticise other's comments by saying they are narrow, then spend a moment telling us what your view is based on.

He did that to me too once. I asked what he believed about something and he cited a couple books. Getting Ironhorse to tell you what he believes is akin to pulling teeth.

• Super Moderator

Getting Ironhorse to tell you what he believes is akin to pulling teeth.

Except that pulling teeth generally produces a result, albeit a painful one.

Christians talking about heaven is like Star Trek fans talking about how to use anti-mater and crystals to create a warp field.  Except at the end of the day the Star Trek fans know their orthodox belief is fiction.

Actually… JPL is working on warp technology!  HA!!!  :)

" Getting Ironhorse to tell you what he believes is akin to pulling teeth.   Bhim

Well, Bhim, that's not all bad,.you know.  My stomach can only handle so much.       bill