Goodbye Jesus

Gravity Disproven!

bornagainathiest

I knew it!  I knew it!

We need to teach Intelligent Downward Pushing.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I never much cared for gravity anyway.

DOWN WITH GRAVITY!!!!

That explains this:

joke-funny-photo-Picnic-Gravity-They-tur

I'm not sure if this is simply satire or the person truly thinks gravity does not exist? I'm going to suspect satire as the whole gravitational constant "G" argument is incredibly weak, but the link to plasma cosmology makes me want to reconsider. G has been empirically measured and it's accuracy even when looking at crazy phenomenon such as supernovae is stunning.

The Helium balloon example is even worse. The Helium balloon rises due to buoyancy. The Density is much lower than the atmosphere and as such, it rises up and in a sense, wants to "float" on top. It's the same thing that happens when you take a soda bottle filled with air and place it at the bottom of a swimming pool and let go of it.

Middle school physical sciences.

• Super Moderator

It was just a theory anyway.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this is simply satire or the person truly thinks gravity does not exist? I'm going to suspect satire as the whole gravitational constant "G" argument is incredibly weak, but the link to plasma cosmology makes me want to reconsider. G has been empirically measured and it's accuracy even when looking at crazy phenomenon such as supernovae is stunning.

The Helium balloon example is even worse. The Helium balloon rises due to buoyancy. The Density is much lower than the atmosphere and as such, it rises up and in a sense, wants to "float" on top. It's the same thing that happens when you take a soda bottle filled with air and place it at the bottom of a swimming pool and let go of it.

Middle school physical sciences.

RS,

I'm sorry to say that this isn't satire.  That person is DEADLY serious.

However, this is satire.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-scientists-refute-gravity-with-new-int,1778/

As is this.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7799540/

Or rather, Oafman posts it with his tongue firmly in his cheek, but Juvenissen (YEC and Evolution denialist) and JustaTruthSeeker (General Relativity denialist) fail to see they've been had... even after 8 pages and 70+ posts! 

Enjoy!

BAA

Interesting BAA. The arguments are so infantile I'm having a hard time seeing how this could be serious.

There's no Biblical support for the Theory of Gravity. That's pretty suspicious right there. 

• Like 1

Interesting BAA. The arguments are so infantile I'm having a hard time seeing how this could be serious.

If you think that's bad, RS...

http://www.christianforums.com/t7804300-2/

http://www.christianforums.com/t7791373-5/

http://www.christianforums.com/t7787964-3/

No Rs, you're not hallucinating. 

AV1611VET is serious. 

He really believes Noah built the ark somewhere in New Jersey.

(Facepalm!)

Creationists baffle me, they accept microevolution but not macroevolution. Both are the same, the changing of allele frequency over time. The only difference is the time scale.

It seems that the Papias guy has a very good understanding of theory of evolution.

It's adolescent and makes presumptions that don't stand up.  I wonder also if the author might be bi-polar and in a manic state.  I've written the same kind of stuff in the manic state and later said "duuighh" about it.  

It's quite disheartening to realize that things like this don't surprise me anymore.

I have been browsing the christianforum.com more... and surprisingly I find a few christian posters that have logical, rational and reasonable mind.

I imagine my deconversion would have taken a longer time if I had found the forum some years ago and read the posts from them (such as posters with screename gluadys and papias).

You can't trust the science here.  Any scientist who wishes to keep his/her job has to toe the line or risk career suicide. 

Just imagine how many industries that would be destroyed should this myth be exposed; jet propulsion systems -- gone.  The satellite industry -- fuggetaboutit.  The jobs that would be lost are immeasurable. 

• Like 1

Guest ninurta

It's adolescent and makes presumptions that don't stand up.  I wonder also if the author might be bi-polar and in a manic state.  I've written the same kind of stuff in the manic state and later said "duuighh" about it.  

It's kinda funny the types of things that make perfect sense when in a manic state.

• 4 weeks later...

I never much cared for gravity anyway.

Right. Gravity sucks.